Start by marking “Let's Talk About Love” as Want to Read:
Let's Talk About Love

Let's Talk About Love

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  5,915 ratings  ·  1,711 reviews
Alice had her whole summer planned. Non-stop all-you-can-eat buffets while marathoning her favorite TV shows (best friends totally included) with the smallest dash of adulting--working at the library to pay her share of the rent. The only thing missing from her perfect plan? Her girlfriend (who ended things when Alice confessed she's asexual). Alice is done with dating--no ...more
Published January 23rd 2018 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Let's Talk About Love, please sign up.
Jenny It is noted as #ownvoices in addition to other information here:

"Ownvoices: Ownvoices for Black representation…more
It is noted as #ownvoices in addition to other information here:

"Ownvoices: Ownvoices for Black representation, biromanticism and asexuality."(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Mary
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  5,915 ratings  ·  1,711 reviews

Start your review of Let's Talk About Love
Cristina Monica
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: college, lgbt, romance, cute
Asexuality is real.

It is not ‘‘weird’’ or ‘‘unnatural’’ or a ‘‘mental illness’’. If you have trouble wrapping your mind around this concept, that’s okay. This is why this story was written: to educate and to answer your questions without info-dumping you.

And make you melt. Not only is this story relevant, fresh and informative, it also makes your insides feel warm and mushy.

Because Alice is relatable. I may not identify as being asexual, but that didn’t keep me from understanding Alice, wanting
C.G. Drews
You know what we need to talk about?! How absolutely ADORABLE this book is. Actually wait wait....adorkable is the better word. Because it's cute and fluffy and dorky and wholesome and my heart feels rather full right now. I shall sniffle happily in the corner.

I do kind of feel like it's more New Adult?! Like the GOOD kind of NA where you care about the characters and the plot lmao. But I'm guessing Alice was 19 (??) and life was all about how to adult and be in college and live on your own and
Sana
Finally a book about an asexual, biromantic black mc!!! Guys my heart is literally bursting from the cuteness, please read this!!! The friendships are so pure and lovely and Alice is such a realistic and relatable MC and you can't help but loving her. And Takumi? He's mine, sorry.

I loved this book. Everything about it was so adorable, informing, sweet, realistic, relatable and made my insides mush.

Alice's girlfriend broke up with her because Alice "doesn't like sex" and that's not true, Alice j
Melanie
Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

This was our February 2020 pick for the Dragons and Tea Book Club! 🐉☕
Caidyn (BW Reviews; he/him/his)
This review and others can be found on BW Book Reviews.

DNF at 14% – 1/5

Okay.
So.
First thing’s first.

I am asexual. I’ve identified as such since I was about 15-16 (and I’m nearly 22 now). Sex doesn’t interest me that much. While I, personally, would never discount that I could find someone I want to do that with or would feel comfortable doing it with, I’m not interested in it.

And when I heard about this book, I was so excited. Finally, a book about asexuality while embracing that you can be attra
kav (xreadingsolacex)
Disclaimer: I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This in no way impacts my review of the novel.

I’m in need of a setting to give this novel 6 out of 5 stars because h o l y c r a p y’all, this novel changed my life.

LET’S TALK ABOUT LOVE is a story about a biromantic asexual black woman, Alice, in college, living with her two best friends who are dating, and working at a library where she meets Takumi, who changed her life forever.

I requested this ARC as a biroman
Innastholiel
I shouldn’t rate this book because it’s too close and it hurt me too much for me to see it clearly. But I rated it anyway because even though I primarily hate it for personal and petty reasons, there are plenty of things about it that are bad despite my personal feelings.
__________________________________

I hate this book.

I hate it because it’s like every stereotype in every YA contemporary ever mashed together. I hate it because it reads like a loose assortment of scenes and tropes put together
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Bexnbookx
Shelves: queer
I looooooooved the writing and asexual representation in this, but the plot of the story as a whole wasn't really my favorite. With that being said, I'm definitely still really excited to read her next book, If It Makes You Happy, because it centers around a queer fat girl. SIGN. ME. UP. ...more
megs_bookrack
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
**2.5-stars rounded up**

I'm sorry.
I struggled with this one.
S-T-R-U-G-G-L-E-D.

It wasn't a bad book. Not at all. It was a good book, but I just couldn't get into the story.

I really had to push myself and contemplated calling it quits around the halfway mark.

I went into it expecting to fall in love with the story.

In fact, I have been anticipating it for so long that I think I may have inadvertently set myself up for disaster.

It's not you book, it's me.
I wanted to love every moment of you but I
Romie
thoughts after first read in february 2018

It's 1:50am, I don't even know why I decided to write this review right now but here I am.

I remember when I first heard about this book, it was somewhere around May 2017 and I just got extremely excited about it. Then people started getting ARCs and loving it — one of my friends fell in love with this story and because I trusted their judgment I preordered the book without knowing much about it.

Alice is a 19-year-old biromantic asexual Black girl who
enqi ☁️✨
"If knowing you’re asexual makes someone see you differently, then they don’t deserve to be in your life.”

this is my most anticipated book of 2018. it has amazing representation and the heroine is black, biromantic and asexual you're welcome
Lily ☁️
3 1/2 stars

Let’s Talk About Love is really sweet and heart-warming, but I felt like something was missing? I need a little bit more than just the main character Alice aceing that whole dating thing to make me really like a book. (rtc)

Blog ¦ Bloglovin’ ¦ Tumblr ¦ Instagram

LOOK AT THE TAGLINE, GUYS!! I’m sold (on the pun & this book).

Also, who wants to take a minute to appreciate the diversity in this book with me; we have a Black bi- (or pan)-romantic asexual female main character, the love
Trina (Between Chapters)
Here's what I loved:
-The discussions of asexuality and romance.
-That therapy was normalized.
-It's set in college! And in a library!
-I really liked Alice and Takumi as characters.

Here's what I didn't enjoy:
-There was a conflict between Alice and her best friend that stressed me out to no end. Because Alice was so relateable, I was firmly on her side of the situation and felt the friend was unfair and selfish but it was all forgiven after statements like "I would die for you, you're my family," wh
Emma Giordano
This was an enjoyable book! It took me quite a bit longer than expected to get through, but nonetheless, I'm pleased I gave it a read.

CW: acephobia

To be honest, I really did not love the writing style of this book. It felt a bit amateur and surface-level for my taste. Sometimes it felt as if the author was trying to push the "my main character is super quirky!" thing really hard. Additionally, I've always felt people who criticize the excessive use of a certain form of punctuation were just bein
T.
**Note: I read the free-to-read version of this book that was posted on Swoon Reads, which may not be is not the final version.

**2nd note: I'm removing my one-star rating after seeing reviews saying the problematic stuff has been fixed in the published version. I haven't read that version myself yet, though.

**3rd note: Here's a review of the published version that shows that not *all* of the troubling stuff has been fixed: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

**4th note: Well, I finally read
Anja V
a book with a BIROMANTIC ASEXUAL WOC as MC???
this is right out of my dreams

description
Biz
”Life could be cruel. But it could also be wonderful.”

This is a tough review to write. I really wanted to five star this book because it has hella diversity and it was so fun, but there were also some issues with the writing and with Takumi. However, that doesn’t mean that this isn’t a book that deserves lots of readers and support, because it deals with a lot of issues that marginalized peoples have to deal with today, while still maintaining a light aura.

What I Liked
1. The diversity!! The
Evy
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
2.8 stars.

[ADDENDUM: THIS REVIEW IS LONG. I had a lot to say. TLDR; The representation is great but I was very bored.

BUT if you think the below enumerated list sounds like something you'd like, consider giving this book a try! I think other people might be pulled in where I wasn't.]

------------

I so so badly wanted to like this, and I'm very sad to have to give it such a low rating. There is A LOT to like:

1. ASEXUAL, BIROMANTIC REPRESENTATION.

2. POC representation! Both in the main character, he
Hiba
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's Talk About Love is the most cutest, relatable, educational (without being info dump-y) and the most positive NEW ADULT novel I've read so far. And I'm kinda angry why this is published as a young adult book when it's clearly NA. All the characters are 19-21, dealing with college life and plunging into the blackhole of adulthood and it's honestly the most ideal NA book and now I'm going to rate all my NA stories in accordance with this one.

This book is about Alice, a nineteen year old colle
Kate (GirlReading)
4.5* Let's Talk About Love made my heart squee. It gave me all of the happy, fuzzy feelings. With it's wonderful exploration of asexuality, witty dialogue, loveable characters and addictive relationships, I couldn't recommend it more highly.
I absolutely adored Alice and Takumi and there are passages I'm sure I could read one hundred times over and never get bored. I LOVED the fact that this focused on an older teen/young adult and the fact that she didn't have her life 100% put together and sor
Adriana
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, queer-lit
QUEER UPLIFTANCE HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS, Y'ALL 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
K.
Trigger warnings: aphobia, creepy af dudes at parties, some seriously mediocre parenting?

3/2/2019
I stand by everything I said last time. The end.

29/1/2018
This book. This book, this book, this book. I've been dying to read this book for over a year now, and words cannot describe how much I squealed when it arrived on my Kindle the other day.

This book tells the story of a biromantic, asexual African-American girl who's crushing on her Asian-American coworker. She works in a library. She fangirls
sally♡
Let's talk about how cute this book is!

// Can we appreciate the tag on the cover: "Alice is about to ace this whole dating thing"?? 🤩

I adored Alice. She was a fun, lovable character who was her own person and proud of it. Black, beautiful, biromantic and asexual, she rocked this book.

Many other characters, however, I wanted to kill slowly and painfully. Like FEENIE. That ungrateful, self centered devil child deserved to DIE. Same with Alice's freaking terrible family -- her mom and dad were basi
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
✪✪✪1/2
“Love shouldn’t hinge solely on exposing your physical body to another person. Love was intangible. Universal. It was whatever someone wanted it to be and should be respected as such.”

A perfect book for a light summer read. Friendship, love, romance, cuteness, diversity, self-discovery and a bit of seriousness.

💭Pre-reading thoughts:

📖 BooktubeAThon Challenge #1 Choose your first read with a coin.

This was one of my most anticipated book releases of 2018, I hope it doesn't let me down.
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Ah, what can I say? Never before have I wanted to rate a book 3.5 stars more than now. I don’t do .5 ratings because Goodreads and Amazon don’t work that way, but if I could I would’ve for this novel. Let’s Talk About Love is everything the book promises to be – it’s about Alice, an asexual main character who is trying to figure out her sexuality, her future, and how everything in her life fits into who she is becoming.

I think I’m going to try and address what is the main focus in this novel, an
MeaganCM
"A" is for Asexual Alice! This book was truly amazing! Alice was goofy, awkward and such an overthinker. Her character was relatable and loveable. At times she could be whiny and dramatic. But I still loved that about her because it made her that much more realistic.

Black queer woman? ✔
Realistic, respectful representation? ✔
Interesting characters and plot? ✔
Realistic rep of friendship? ✔

This book was fun, adorable and informative. It briefly touched on certain cultural issues, both from a black
Laura (bbliophile)
The fact that this is a book about an asexual biromantic black woman finding her happily ever after is so incredibly special and wonderful and I wish there were more books like this.

This book made me so incredibly happy. I loved Alice and Takumi together. Their dynamics are amazing, the way they tease each other, watch movies together and cook food for each other is the cutest thing, and I had a big grin on my face while reading their scenes. They’ve easily become one of my favorite YA couples e
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I am part of the promotional tour for this book! Subscribe to my blog: www.marriedtobooksreviewsandblog.word...

I was super excited to learn that I had a place on the tour a few months back, I generally enjoy reading the books that Swoon Reads have published. The website is definitely one of my favourites, just to spend hours searching for stories to read that really captivate you. Let’s Talk About Love certainly did just that. Alice, the main character, identifies as biromantic asexual. She is i
Marta :}
I want to thank Macmillan US for sending me this copy of Let’s Talk about Love, this hadn’t influenced my rating/review in any way.
Check out my review and a discussion on reviewing diverse books on my blog here
- This book is lots of fluff. I mean it. Think about the fluffiest book you’ve ever read. Okay. Now multiplicate this by 100 and you get this book. So fluffy.
- Diversity is important in this book. Alice is asexual, biromantic and a black woman, she’s also struggling with coming out (about

• The Weight of the Stars
  • Malice
  • Tash Hearts Tolstoy
  • Always Human
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • The Summer of Jordi Pérez (And the Best Burger in Los Ángeles)
  • Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood #2)
  • American Panda
  • The Brightsiders
  • What If It's Us (What If It's Us, #1)
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
  • This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story
  • All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens throughout the Ages
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
  • Kings, Queens, and In-Betweens
  • The Love & Lies of Rukhsana Ali
  • Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2)

Articles featuring this book

November is National Novel Writing Month and many aspiring authors may be feeling a combination of Rocky-esque determination and sweaty nerv...
“If knowing you’re asexual makes someone see you differently, then they don’t deserve to be in your life.” 48 likes
“Why did she have to spend the rest of her life coming out over and over and over...? And once she did, would people always expect her to talk about it? It would always be a huge deal, she would always be subjected to questions, and she would always have to defend herself. Would it ever stop feeling like A Thing, a barrier, between her and everyone else?” 39 likes