Start by marking “The Bonner Incident” as Want to Read:
The Bonner Incident

The Bonner Incident

(The Bonner Incident #1)

Civil forfeiture: the government’s ability to seize, keep, and sell any property of any person they believe is involved in a crime…even if that person is innocent. All it takes is for an officer of the law to ‘think’ the items were obtained through criminal means. The person is presumed guilty and must prove innocence to get back what was taken and the government doesn’t h ...more
Published August 21st 2016 by A-Poc Press

To ask other readers questions about The Bonner Incident, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bonner Incident

Start your review of The Bonner Incident
Stephen
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
When the owner of a small logging outfit is targeted for murder and civil forfeiture by corrupt government agents, he chooses to defend himself with lethal force. Now the whole weight of Homeland Security, the FBI, BATF, and the Forestry service are arrayed against him. Their first mistake was targeting his family.

With elements of Ruby Ridge, this book calls to mind the books of William and J.A. Johnstone. A man struggling against long odds with his weapons and his knowledge of the outdoors. Thi
Karina Halt
This book is so thrilling I sat at the edge of my seat shouting that THIS IS NOT RIGHT!! Such injustice! Such corruption! You get so drawn in to this book that you are there! I hope one day Thomas A Watson will write a sequel! Maybe one for each of Mr. Mikes birthdays...? This is one of Thomas A Watsons (and of course Mr. Mikes! May he RIP!) best books! (and all this books are GOOD!) If you haven't read any of the authors books now is the time! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ...more
Brandon
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was told I'd lose sleep over this book, unable to put it down. Absolutely true. Although, I got the audiobook, so, I've been walking around with it for the last 2 days, unable to hit stop.

First, Bonner Incident was beautifully written; the story flowed, the characters were real and captivating, the setting was interesting, and the drama was first-rate. It also didn't hurt that Joshua carried a .338 Lapua (my personal favorite). The author clearly knew what he was writing about. The opening sce
Chip Atkinson
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is the ultimate anti-government, pro constitution, redneck conspiracy novel. It’s entertaining with a a good cast. But it goes overboard on Government violence against its people.

I am naive regarding Government interference and harassment of the logging industry. But when the feds threaten violence on an unarmed logger while he is working for the federal government, I just cannot fathom it. The motivation is to confiscate assets from small and big operators using unconstitutional powers fro
Zachary
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This review is for both books since there’s only two in the series. This series was incredibly great. I loved how well the author kept you in suspense throughout the series. One of the biggest things the author did was basically convince me to buy a .338 lapua magnum rifle, which is one of the sniper rifles the main character uses. The only complaint I have which is the same problem in a lot of the books the author writes, which is he makes the main characters unstoppable badasses that know and ...more
Sam
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down

This is by far one of the most exciting books I have ever read. The characters from the good to the bad make you like them as they are so well written. The storyline is fantastic and due to its being about a corrupt government it makes that part of it realistic. The action is non stop and I loved every battle. I wish I could read this book again for the first time.
Robert C. Miller
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book was topical and doesn't feel like it is too far off the mark. I can feel empathy for Joshua, but I am not sure I could do what his character is doing even though I do agree with his anger. There are folks like him that can do the rough stuff that folks like me cannot. I will read more of this author.
Ummsokoto
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing heartbreaking

This Book kept me on edge at the deceit and coverups that mankind has to endure. It was well written if you are intrigued by government conspiracies this is a good book to read the setting in rural America was perfect reading background
Amanda
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

I always say how much I love these books but seriously they're all great! No matter what kind of books you are into. You will love them all. I highly recommend this one as well!!
Ian Denner
Excellent

This is maybe the 12th time re-reading this book, and I'm still enjoying it almost as much as I was when I read it for the first time. And I'm going to read the follow up next!
mia
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, just like all of Thomas Watson's books, it was fast paced and action packed, and frighteningly believable. I was hooked from the beginning and couldn't put it down, the narration by Eric Shelman was fantastic as always. ...more
Barbara Bonner-wells
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Great story line and good job with the little details. Sorry for your loss. One of the best edited books I've read in awhile.
Kimberly Vanderbloom
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Is this where are country is heading?

When you realize that things are not what you thought what do you think you would do? Great story with great characters.
Merete Marx
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, as to be expected.

Excellent, as to be expected. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to the next installment!
Stan Wheeler
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I Love Watson books. This one is a great story with great characters. It kept my attention all the way through. I'm looking forward to book 2.
Rebecca Harding
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A little anxiety inducing but a really good book in my opinion.
Larry Lemmon
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book

This is close to Ruby Ridge, it more in line of the government today. Watch out for yourself.
Larry, Owyhee County, Idaho

Roar Sæthre
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: monika-roar
Good acton story with a twist, and a thorugh description of the timber/logging trade.
Sabrina
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've always enjoyed the writing of Mr. Watson, but this new collaboration was perfectly wonderful.

A logger discovers that his simple life is thrown out of balance when the government paints a target on his small business, himself, and his family. The unthinkable happens and he is forced to defend himself....and disappear. The agencies that are tracking him down don't realize that they are in his mountains....and surrounded by his friends.

A poignant lesson to the far reaching clutches and devious
renee
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A True Page Turner

I started this book last night.... and just as it was getting good ... I had to put it down to go to work... Tonight I picked it up again and stayed riveted through every page! This book holds the same honor that I hold the blue plague series from this author... I fell in love with the characters and was rooting for them every step of the way... My deepest regret is that I may have to wait years before I get the read the second book... I've sat outside a bookstore 2 hrs before
Fleur
Aug 26, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016-read
This was an absolutely great read, I loved how it was a bit of a slow burn to begin with, then it was all on like Donkey Kong !

I really enjoyed the characters, they felt real and conflicted with what they do and how they act, but faithful to the what was right. The fact that we actually found out more about Joshua's background when Moore spoke about him was also great and helped you get a better understanding of him and his skills. There are parts that are a bit uncomfortable to read like Elk lo
Rebecca Larsen
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

A chilling tale that will keep you riveted. Government corruption abounds in this political thriller. When the government decides they want what Joshua has, they chose to use Civil Forfeiture to obtain it. With threats to kill both him and his family, Joshua kills the officer and begins to unite the people in a way the government never hoped to see.

This is not for the faint of heart, this one is for those that know and believe that the government and the laws they are creating now are
Cora
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great and awesome...

Are pale descriptors for how much I loved this book. Watson has written another thriller that hits home just when civil forfeiture is being more prominently depicted in the news. This book is sure to give you food for thought. Can't wait to read book 2.
Hayden
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Read as always!

I really love Mr. Watson's writing style. He consistently develops wonderful characters and stories that you want to read. If you want an amazing story read this or any of his other books.
Shauna Yanke
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great goodbye!

I truly admire the author for finishing this book for his good friend, and what a great book. I got sucked in the very first page and did not put it down until the very last page. Cannot wait for the second book!
Kelly Wade
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intense enjoyable book

Enjoyed this book. Glad you finished this book and can't wait for the next one. Different from Tom's normal writing but very good. Love that you honored your friend.
Joel Kennington
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Scared me half to death!

I loved this book and will be purchasing the next in the series. Thomas A. Watson is a master word smith that will simultaneously scare you out of your socks and make you laugh out loud. BUY THIS BOOK!!!
Edie Campbell
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

I had trouble putting this one down. Glad the next one is coming out soon. As always your an excellent writer.
Mark J. Harris
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recomended

I enjoyed this as a well written and well told story. Sadly my experience says the things described in the story are all too likely to happen in today's world.
Tobi Whitlock
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
exciting and interesting

This book was enjoyable. Cant wait to start on book 2 Joshua's War!!! Makes you want to have grown up in a small town

• Reap What You Sow (Seasons of Man #2)
  • Brimstone (Fire From the Sky)
  • Burning Down Boise (The Way of Dan #1)
  • Emergence of The Wolf (Ameri-Pocalypse Series Book 1)
  • Come and Take It (The Eden Chronicles #2)
  • The Farm Book 1: Behind The Curve (Behind The Curve - The Farm)
  • New Shores
  • Friendly Fire (Fire from the Sky #6)
  • The Farm Book 2 : Behind The Curve (Behind The Curve - The Farm)
  • A Bright Shore (The Eden Chronicles #1)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Home Fires (Fire from the Sky #5)
  • Ashes (Fire From the Sky #11)
  • These Times of Cessation (Abandon #3)
  • End of Summer (Seasons of Man #1)
  • Hostile Fire (Fire from the Sky #7)
Thomas A Watson was born in Bossier City, Louisiana, in 1970, and grew up in Doyline, Louisiana and Grenada, Mississippi. He was the assistant manager of W.C. Plastics in Grenada Mississippi for several years before joining the U.S Army, he was stationed at Bad Hersfeld, Germany. After serving fours years in the Army, he returned to W.C. Plastics where he was the acting manager for four years.

He

The Bonner Incident (2 books)
  • Joshua's War (The Bonner Incident #2)