Start by marking “Conquering Circumstances (Black Shamrocks MC, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Conquering Circumstances (Black Shamrocks MC, #3.5)

Conquering Circumstances

(Black Shamrocks MC #3.5)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  133 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Black Shamrocks MC #3.5 Novella (13,000 words)

Wendy Markham. Gentle. Compassionate. Loyal. Step-mother to five headstrong children, long-time partner of the cantankerous ex-President of the Black Shamrocks MC, and the woman everyone turns to in a crisis.

Patrick “Beast” O’Brien. Brutal. Merciless. Duplicitous. A father in name only, traitor to his own Club, and a man livi
Published August 21st 2016 by DyMi Ink (first published July 23rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Conquering Circumstances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conquering Circumstances

Jennifer Pierson
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wendy Markham is the gentle soul that has been the stepmother to five headstrong kids, long time partner to the cranky ex-President of the Black Shamrocks MC, and the one to turn to in a crisis. She finds out that she's facing a huge battle, and she won't let anyone know, as she believes that they all have enough problems. Patrick 'Beast' O'Brien, is a traitor to his own club, his children, and ran away from them all, including the loyal Wendy. He's living on borrowed time, so when he finds out ...more
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This short novella was such a heartfelt emotional read that I really enjoyed. It is about Beast and Wendy and the journey that Wendy is about to go on.

Wendy is the wife of the ex-pres of the MC and the step-mother of his 5 children. She has stood by him all these years and has raised his children only to be left when Beast runs after becoming a traitor to the club. She has no time to become ill but sadly that doesn't matter. She is about to have a fight on her hands and surprisingly Beast comes
Michelle Austin
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

Conquering Circumstances was a great 5 star read.

Beast is the ex-president of the Black Shamrocks MC, he took off leaving Wendy and his children to fend for themselves while he dealt with his betrayal and demons.
In the meantime Wendy receives some life changing news.

When Beast finds out that Wendy is sick he returns to help her and try to rebuild his relationship with his children. Can he make amends? Will Wendy beat the odds and have a full recovery?
How
Nickie Sale
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good short read which delves more into depth into the characters of Patrick aka Beast & Wendy. You are drawn into Wendy's current life and her own conflict between 'her' children, Patrick and her health. Patrick, who has betrayed his children and all the values of The Black Shamrocks MC, knows he is living on borrowed time, yet he continues hound Wendy & his daughter with text messages and calls, attempting to get back into their lives. Wendy who is fighting for own health alone, now has ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a short novel in this series, and it is about Beast, the ex-president of the MC, and Wendy who has stood by him for years and brought up his 5 children. With Beast being a traitor, and then turning tail and running, he left behind all of his family. When Wendy received a life changing diagnosis, Beast returns to look after her. Is this too little to late though? How will his children and ex club feel about his return? You really need to read this for yourself.
This is an emotional and wel
Patty Brewer
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wow this is another one that really helps clarify what's been going on, love it!
Kim  Brewing
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read any other books in this series but I will be after reading this. There is nothing that gets me more than the alpha caveman caring for his woman
Christina Balaz
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and emotional short read. I loved getting more insight to the relationship between Wendy and Beast and I can’t to see what else happens with this couple.
Tracey Zelukovic
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book and having a look at Beast and Wendy life and how things pan out and you get a closer look at what Beast is all about.
Gretchen Anderson
WOW! This is quite a long series but it is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! From the beginning and learning of all the characters to the end…….just brilliant!!!!!

I love how the main story doesn’t change. The back story, for lack of better words, continues and flows throughout the series. But each book is somewhat about individual bikers. The romance part of them finding their woman changes per book. The way the author keeps the story and inserts different “lead” character’s in each book is simply amazi
Pam Nelson
5 Heart Breaking Stars

This is such a powerful story. I really must say getting more insight in to Patrick aka The Beast was helpful. You already know his back story but you don’t know his feelings or how much Wendy means to him. Let alone all her inner thoughts, you know of her but she wasn’t really a front and center character until now. They seem to round out this cast of misfits.

I don’t know if it hit me harder because of her name or what but I cried the whole book. You see I had an Auntie W
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me for an honest review.

4 stars

This is going to be one of my quickest reviews I have given. This is a very short novella. This one is about Patrick and Wendy. Patrick has totally screwed everything up. I don't know what he was thinking in the first books, but all I know is that I hate him. The only saving grace for him is Wendy. The problem is, Wendy is sick and she may not be able to save him this time. I love Wendy. She loved Patrick and his kids unlike any woman that I
Donna Parrott
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Patrick “Beast” O’Brien is a brutal man. He has no remorse what so ever for anything he has ever done. He is a father in name only, time is not on his side. Wendy is the stepmother to five stubborn children. They will be the death of her. She is the partner of the ex-President of the Black Shamrocks MC. She happens to be the woman everyone turns to when they are in a crisis.
Beast left her like a coward to take care of their abandoned children. This just isn't a time for her health to fail. She i
Kelly Cagle
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wendy Markham has been the stepmother to five headstrong kids. She stepped in after they lost their mom to cancer. Her long time partner to the ex-President of the Black Shamrocks MC never really appreciated all she had done for his children. She has left Beast after all his selfish antics. She finds out that she has cancer and the doctor is recommending surgery. She is completely against the surgery until Beast shows up. She doesn’t want to tell anyone so that she’s not a burden to them since t ...more
Jamie Guellar (IScream Books)
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Black Shamrocks MC #3.5 Conquering Circumstances is a novella that was originally part of an Cancer Charity Anthology.

I'm usually not one for novella's, but I liked really liked it.

Patrick aka Beast is the ex-president of The Black Shamrocks MC turned traitor, he ran leaving everything and everyone behind including Wendy the woman who has stood by him and loved him. Stepmother to his five children.
Wendy receives a life changing diagnosis, Beast returns to take of the one woman who has loved
Dana Busenbark
We see Beast in this book, and Wendy, love of his life and her new battle with cancer. When Beast is thrown a piece of paper after a fight with some other members of the club, what does he find out? Where does he go? What happens when he gets there? This is a pretty quick read and almost one of those Come to Jesus moments for Beast. What things does he realize? What happens at the end when Wendy is in the hospital because of Beast's doing? You're going to have to read to find out! I look forward ...more
Sarah Dale
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
⭐I was extremely lucky to receive an ARC copy of this book from the Author and Enticing Journey Promotions⭐

This is a short Novella in the series and features ex club president Beast and Wendy the lady who has stood by him all these years, helping to raise his children as her own.

Beast has left his kids and Wendy behind after all his plans have been uncovered and he's been branded a traitor by his club and family.

When Wendy is sick and gets a heartbreaking diagnosis, Beast returns to look afte
United Indie Book Blog
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As with the other books in this series, this book explores the characters of Wendy and Beast and their relationship. Wendy is the "old woman" of "Beast", the Black Shamrock's President, and the father and step-mother of Maddy, Benji, Joel, Matthew and Lachlan. Patrick O'Brien (Beast) finds himself a widower with 5 small children after the love of his life, his wife Alanah dies from cancer. He meets Wendy and she becomes apart of the Black Shamrock's world. This book explains how these two met an ...more
Margaret
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick novella about Beast and Wendy's story.

Up until this point I've really not liked Beast, he's a thug, bully and completely self centred. I couldn't understand why Wendy was with him.

You see Wendy's strength in this story and her desire to always protect her children.

Beast is mired in anger, guilt and regret, and would have remained that way if he hadn't discovered Wendy's illness. It made him examine how he's treated her in his life and also his relationship with his children.

You'
Ann
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by: Melanie
(4 stars)

Originally written as part of a cancer charity anthology, Conquering Circumstances is a short little novella about Wendy and Beast’s battle with a life changing diagnosis, and with each other after the stunts Beast pulled over the previous books. He’s really trying for a reconciliation with both his woman and his kids, but maybe it’s too little too late. I guess we will find out in the next book.

An emotional ride that you must read after book 3 for the time line to flo
Melanie
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

An emotional ride that you must read after book 3 for the time line to flow correctly. A nice little
Summer  -SSBR-
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
With all the books in this series I struggled hard with to finish ... they were hard for me to get into and fully submerged into these books.... I'm sure at another point in time I will go back and read them again. On the positive side these books are extremely well thought out. You definitely have to dedicate a lot of time to read this series. You won't regret reading them and they will stay with you. Definitely a different twist on a MC series but in a good way.
Tonya
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick novella about Wendy and Beast. It does need to be read in order, this is book 3.5 in the series.

Wendy goes through a lot in this novella.

Beast steps up, but I still don't like him.
Lori
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great catch up

My heart goes out to Wendy what a great lady she's dealt with Cancer but finally getting the I Love You she deserves. Can?t wait to find out more of their love story.
Stacy Aube
I received this book for a honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

This story was very touching. It gives us more insight in to Beasts background. Wendy is a strong woman who can't deny what her heart truly wants.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought I couldn't love this series more...BAM! I read this.
Gun battles, drugs, murder and mayhem ain't got nothing when one of their own is fighting Cancer.
What the Shamrocks do makes this a must read!
Rose
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story about Beast & Wendy. It takes place after book 3. It is beautifully written & poignant. I look forward to seeing where things go from here with these characters!
Tersia Eloff
Apr 19, 2017
Rita Leathers
Aug 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kylie Hillman is an International Bestselling Author who lives in South Australia. After spending the past fifteen years moving around the east coast of Australia, she has recently returned to her home state and plans to finally put down roots until her children finish school.

Wife to a Harley-riding, boating and fishing, four-wheel driving, quintessential Aussie bloke and mum to two crazy, adorab

Black Shamrocks MC (6 books)
  • Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC, #1)
  • Making Choices (Black Shamrocks MC, #2)
  • Seeking Redemption (Black Shamrocks MC, #3)
  • Tempting Fate (Black Shamrocks MC, #4)
  • Finding Nirvana (Black Shamrocks MC, #5)
  • Craving Control (a Black Shamrocks MC Companion Story)