Start by marking “His Toughest Call (Pytheon Security #2)” as Want to Read:
His Toughest Call (Pytheon Security #2)

His Toughest Call

(Pytheon Security #2)

Published August 23rd 2016 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about His Toughest Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Toughest Call

Bette Hansen
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After one monumentally disastrous wedding day that ended with her being arrested and kissed stupid by Seth Halcott, Leah Hamilton is definitely left dazed and confused. Getting on with her life is hard but she's doing it...that is until Seth returns and turns her world upside down. Again. Seth might tell himself that Leah is off limits and he's only in her life to protect but the truth is he wants her. Bad! She might be the one but will he go after what he wants?

Definitely a book I recommend.
Janine
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A nail biting, page turning story.

Seth Halcott must face his past to gain control of his future. He is back in Cape Town tracking down a man they call the recruiter, who recruits teens into cults or whatever else suits his needs.

Leah Hamilton, Seth's best friend’s sister, gets caught up in the case he is working on when the recruiter sees how important Leah is to Seth. The recruiter will use Leah to get to Seth.

While working together, Seth and Leah have an unplanned affair. Seth knows he is n
MJ
Not bad. Not as good as book one tho. I still liked the characters, and the plot was fairly easy to see coming, but the relationship was all but identical to bk1. 'We want to, but we can't, but we know we will eventually, and we know it will be a one shot deal, but then we will again, and then we def need to stop, but look, we could all along.'

Bk3 isn't out yet, but I will probably have a look at it before I decide if I'm willing to pay for it.
Cindy Hardegree
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Difficult journey

Second book in this series. Gotta say, wow! Thrilling, intriguing, sexy as hell. This story tugged at my soul in despair and had my heart skipping beats at the danger. Great story, however the first few pages had me confused as to what was going on, but I believe it's because I didn't read the first book. So, so glad I kept reading because I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Joanne
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

This series is getting more and more intriguing with each book. Getting to know the characters and becoming invested in them is enjoyable. Looking forward to reading the next book
Mrs Joan Gee
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pytheon

Really enjoying this series and looking forward to the next one. I do hope that Stone and Sam get their own books.
Emma
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
His Toughest Call by Joss Wood
Leah Hamilton’s wedding bells rang in an epic disaster. In six hours she was wed, betrayed, arrested and kissed blind and stupid by the one man she’s sworn to avoid: her brother’s best friend, ex-Special Forces soldier and Pytheon boss Seth Halcott, who’s raised her pulse for years. It was just one hot kiss from a man who lived across the world but two weeks later Seth returns and moves in as protection when Leah is targeted in the cross hairs of an international cr
Rosemary K
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Seth Halcott works for Pytheon Security. He's very good at his job. His latest assignment is to catch The Recruiter, a psychopath who lures teenagers away from their family to serves as weapons against society. The battle has begun and Leah Hamilton is in the middle of this war. She's his best friend's sister and the woman he desires. Can Seth keep her safe? Seth is strong both mentally and physically. He grew up running from a brutal father. He and his mother were always on the move. He is dete ...more
BookSnuggle
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
"His Toughest Call" by Joss Wood is book number two in the "Pytheon Security" series. This is Leah Hamilton and Seth Halcott's story.

Leah's wedding day ended totally wrong. Seth is Leah's brother's best friend and will do anything to protect or take care of her. He helps her out on her wedding day but in an unexpected way. I don't want to give anything away.

Seth's job involves following the rules and sometimes knowing when to not follow the rules. His assignment to find an international crimina
Ash P Reads
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We know a bit about Leah Hamilton's backstory from "Claimed by the Warrior" since it did end with her going to jail. Now we discover why and with whom she goes to jail. Seth Halcott is her brother Jed's best friend. Jed has been trying to keep his distance from Leah ever since he met her. She makes him have dangerous dreams... of a future together and she does not deserve someone like him. She deserves better... more. Unfortunately the miscreant in this book has specifically targeted Jed and has ...more
Laura D
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Leah's wedding day ends with more than just a husband, she ends up in jail. Not the wedding dreams are made of. Seth is best friends with Leah's brother. He has always had a thing for her but kept his distance. When she ends up in danger, because of him and his special ops job, he has to protect her. He needs to think of her as just a job, not the woman who stars in his sexual fantasies. Sometimes it take the fear of losing someone important to make us put things in perspective. Will that be eno ...more
Bonnie Gonzales
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a change a love story but filled with so much danger.
One of my favorite quotes from the book was what Leah said to her best friend Milo on how she felt after Seth broke off the romantic part of their relationship " I feel like I have a broken rib, I look fine on the outside but every breath I take hurts like hell."
My max favorite lines, the last two of the book, I hope you read them.
I was given an ARC of the book in exchange for my honest review.

Tammy
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book, Leah jilted not even 6 hours after her wedding, winds up in jail with her brother's best friend Seth. The chemistry between the two of them is out of this world. But when trouble arises and Seth has to protect Leah from something from his past , they fall into bed but Seth won't commit to Leah. Leah is tired of men only wanting one thing from her. Will Seth finally realize he can open his heart to Leah or will he walk away.
Shelagh
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
His Toughest Call by Joss Wood is a romantic thriller set in Cape Town South Africa. This story pits sexy special ops agent Seth and Leah, his best friend's sister, against an unseen criminal mastermind. The story has all the necessary elements of a good thriller including a kidnapping, and a body in Leah's swimming pool, but while it was quite an enjoyable read I found the plot pretty predictable for the most part and a tad convoluted at the end.
Paula Pugh
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a novel of not only romance but of suspense, mystery and danger. An innocent victim, Leah, is pulled into the search for a ruthless criminal because of her connection to Seth, the man who is hunting him. Her life is in danger until he can be stopped and Seth is determined to do that, and, maybe, finally, have a chance with Lea.
Christine
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this second book in the series, with a brief visit by Jed and McKenna at the wedding. What was supposed to be one of Leah's happiest days turned out to be anything but. Thankfully Seth was there to watch over her, which was easy until his work got dangerous. Forcing his hand to make tough calls.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Jean
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. There was action and suspense and plenty of chemistry and heat. Leah and Seth were wonderful together. Definitely opposites attracting, but they pulled it off so well. Leah has such a wonderful heart, and Seth is very cynical and suspicious of people, but in his line of work it isn't a surprise.
I really loved how the whole thing played out.
Linda
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seth Halcott is a hero. He fights every day to save and protect innocent people. When his best friend's sister is targeted he will move heaven and earth to protect her. But can he protect his heart from falling for Leah. I love romantic suspense and this story fits the bill. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Donnajo
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read/review for honest opinion for Tule

The Second book in the Pytheon Security series a great addition to the series. Great Character Development and storyline. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series and by Joss Wood.

Kate
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I will definitely read more by this author. I got a little tired of the H's inner dialogue - I thought he should just get over himself already, and the ending/not ending was a bit frustrating but not altogether unexpected.
Patricia Piercy
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get your man.

Well written fast phase, never boring. These guys of the security company are every woman's fantasy. Hot, hot, hot. I have read the series, its well worth the time and effort.
Runner10
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a mixture of romance and suspense. Leah and Seth have a hot attraction. I can't wait to read more in this series.
Leamber Ricquette
Apr 09, 2017
Brenda
Sep 26, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Joss Wood loves books and travelling— especially to the wild places of Southern Africa and, well, anywhere.

She’s a wife, a mom to two teenagers and slave to two cats. After a career in local economic development, she now writes full time.

Joss is a member of the RWA (Romance Writers of America) and ROSA (Romance Writers of South Africa.)

Pytheon Security (3 books)
  • Claimed by the Warrior (International Bad Boys #9)
  • In The Line Of Fire