Start by marking “The Popcorn Shop” as Want to Read:
The Popcorn Shop

The Popcorn Shop

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A popcorn machine goes haywire in this rhyming, easy-to-read Level 3 book forbeginning readers. A Hello Reader book. Full-color illustrations throughout.
Published January 1st 1994 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Popcorn Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Popcorn Shop

Kimberly
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I owned this book as a child, with a cassette, and at age 31 I finally googled the lyrics of the popcorn song to see if I could track down this book. I was very pleased to see it is still on the shelf in my library!
Cady
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I chose this book because I loved the story of how much Popcorn Nell loved popcorn and then it spread all over the town. When I was little I always wanted that to actually happen in real life.
Miss Sarah
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
An upper level easy reader where the local popcorn shop goes awary and produces more popcorn than teh town can handle. elementary
Kristina
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was a good book for younger readers. My daughter liked it so much she did a book report on it. I would recommend this book to others.
Atiya Groomes
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: school-books
The Popcorn Shop is by far one of my favorite books of all time. It has good organization, it has a rhythm to it, and who deosn't love popcorn. Even though this book s a bit juevenile that does not deter it from being great.

First of all, let's talk about the good organization of this book. The book has everything a story needs and its in the correct order. It has a introduction of the protagonist, a in the body conflict, and a solution at the end. This is an important element to a book.

Secondly,
Hope Johnson
This is a cute book for kids to begin to read on their own. You can talk about cause and effect. It is a great book to explore rhythm in because it has a song that you can sing with it. It is a good book to show literary techniques because it uses speech bubbles as a way to show who is talking.
Angela Nelson
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ed-310
I really like this book. I love the story and you can use this to teach cause and effect.
Emese
Jul 21, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobooks
Yes, yes, I'm not the target audience. :D
Kelly Ann
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A book about a popcorn maker who gets carried away and overruns the town with popcorn. Teaches moderation, also ending sets up good prediction lesson.
Katy VaLoy
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book!! My 7 year old read it to me and I absolutely loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »