Start by marking “The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy (Pennyroyal Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy (Pennyroyal Academy, #3)

The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy

(Pennyroyal Academy #3)

For fans ofShannon Hale s Princess Academyand Soman Chainani sThe School for Good and Evil, comes the thrilling finale to the "breathtakingly exciting" Pennyroyal Academy trilogy.

Evie and Maggie are still enjoying the glow of their victory as they travel into the forest on their coach. But the happiest day of Evie's life is suddenly turned upside-down when they're ambushed by witsThe
Published August 22nd 2017 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy, please sign up.
Lily Evie's true mother is Princess Middlemiss, or really, Princess Vorabend. If you read the end of The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy, you will…moreEvie's true mother is Princess Middlemiss, or really, Princess Vorabend. If you read the end of The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy, you will find out.(less)

Khai
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The previous book, The Shadow Cadets of Pennyroyal Academy, left off after a narrow victory that cost Princess Cadet Evie her voice.

There are plenty of books where protagonists go on adventures and suffer incredible injuries, even disabilities, which then get erased as they're miraculously fixed and made to be all better. Of course, you don't want the character to be so disabled that they cannot continue to move forward in the story, and it's much easier to just magic (or science) away the
Lizard :)
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I wish I could reread this entire series with a fresh set of eyes! This book was incredible and it tied up so many loose ends, and there is even room for another book (which I'm hoping there will be)!! All this to say, this series took me by surprise, and I was even more impressed that a male author chose to have a female protagonist. So neat!

I highly recommend these to anyone who likes Harry Potter, The Princess Academy Series, and anything fantasy/adventure/mystery/intrigue, etc..
Steph
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very sweet ending to the Pennyroyal Academy trilogy.

After surviving the harrowing Witches Night of their 2nd year, 1st Class Cadets Evie, Maggie, Demetra, and Basil are on their way home for a much needed rest before their final year at Pennyroyal Academy. On the way through the forest however, witches attack, and our sheroes find themselves trapped in the academy with scared family members and a delusional headmistress. Naturally, the gang must escape from the school and find a way
Eileen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was a great addition to the Pennyroyal Academy series, which I started awhile back. Yes, it's definitely a middle school book, but gosh darn it, I liked it! :P I was hoping this was a trilogy, but it sounds like I'll just have to be patient for the next one.
Lily
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is, in my opinion, the best in the series. You know how normally you have a book that’s great, but the sequel is not as good? Well in this series, it’s the opposite. Pennyroyal Academy was great, The Shadow Cadets of Pennyroyal Academy was greater, and this book was the greatest. I recommend this book to anybody. You want romance? It’s got some. Drama? It’s in. Adventure? Oh yah.
Quinten Kempf
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Personal Response

Personally I really liked the book The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy. I like how it put a twist on the “typical fairy tale story”. I also liked how in the end everyone had their own goal in mind, which gave a great setup for more books in the series.

Plot Summary

The book starts off with Evie and her friend Maggie riding in their coach to Maggie’s house. Evie decided to stay with Maggie over the break after finishing her first year at Pennyroyal Aca
Nicole
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad there is not going to be another installment to tell the rest of Evie's story. I almost want to give it less stars because I don't want it to be over 😉. But this is for the series as a whole. Props to Mr. Larsen and his writing. It was unexpected, refreshing and well written. This is everything a princess should be! Now to force my girls to try it.
Sydney
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will always love this series even though its a children's series and I can't wait for the next book. Girls saving themselves? Heck yeah!
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-series
Let me start by saying that this whole series has been truly breathtaking. I haven't read anything so original in such a long time. I didn't know these three books were something I needed in my life but MY GOODNESS I NEEDED these in my life. This is the last book in a three book series and it was wonderful.

It reads smoothly. The pacing of everything in the book is fantastic, it doesn't lag or feel drawn out at any point and I don't feel like anything is rushed or cut short.

The author does a gr
Charlotte
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH HOW LONG I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS.
The process of this waiting was really one of the main things that made my reading experience all the more enjoyable. After finishing Shadow Cadets last June, I had to know when the final installment would arrive. And to my utter dismay, there was no set release date at the time. Every day was long and tedious. I ended up re-reading the first and second books because my hunger for them was so immense. And once August rolled around I WAS READY. I re-read (
Kimberly Fields
The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy picks right up where the Shadow Cadets leaves off. I didn't expect the action to happen so soon-- I thought it would follow the previous pattern and pick up the next school year. But, things can't stay quiet at Pennyroyal Academy that long. When the Academy is attacked by giants and witches just as the last few stragglers are leaving for the summer, Evie and her friends must begin a dangerous quest to save the school, friends, and family they love.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Larson, M. A. The Warrior Princess of Pennyroyal Academy (#3), 359 pages. Putnam (Penguin), 2017. $17. Content: G (some danger)

The students of Pennyroyal Academy are supposed to be heading home for the summer, but a concerted attack by a massive force of witches turns many of them back to the safety of the magic barrier. Then a trio of giants set-up shop outside the border, effectively stopping the Academy from ever getting out a plea for help. The barrier will be coming down any day
Yapha
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, fantasy
This third installment in the Pennyroyal Academy series begins just as Evie and the other second year students have officially advanced and are being sent home for the summer. In a move that no one expects, the witches have launched a coordinated attack against the carriages filled with Pennyroyal students, faculty, and family members. The princesses fight back hard, and return to find Pennyroyal Academy under siege. Evie, Basil, Demetra, Maggie, and Forbes set off on a secret mission to get hel ...more
Lenni Jones
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
April
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Evie and her friends find themselves in another adventure. This time to try and save Pennyroyal Academy. There are many partings and returnings together. Evie'S dragon family gets involved.
There are giants and organized witches. There are terrible battles.
Evie learns more about her human family.
And the warrior princess turns out to be a surprise.
This series teaches values of kindness, compassion, teamwork, understanding and courage. Evie and her friends learn to bring out
Peg
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's not often that I read the final book of a trilogy first, but I did. Now I have to go back and read the first two. It was that enjoyable.
This fairytale was filled with princesses learning to be warriors. It also had knights learning as well. Lest we forget the other important players: there be dragons, giants, trolls, ogres, goblins, and plenty of witches wanting to destroy Pennyroyal Academy. Amidst this fight are other missions that the warriors are undertaking and find that they are
April
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
My daughter and I have read all the books in this series as they've been released over the past couple years. I was in love with this series up until this last book. I'm not sure if I built up my expectations as I waited for the final book to be released, but this book was a bit of a let down. I was disappointed with the ending, was left with a few unanswered questions, and overall felt like the series wasn't really over. I wanted more closure regarding Evie's family. Perhaps I just want more bo ...more
Dana
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun to read last book in the series about Pennyroyal Academy. I do think it has potential to be continued if the author chooses to do so though and I would love to see that happen. As the story begins, Evie and Maggie are attacked by witches and rush to the Academy and find that it is under attack by witches as well. There is lots of action, adventure and courage as Evie and her friends try to save the Academy from the witches. They learn again that fear is conquered by love and that k ...more
Colleen
Due to the plot twist and unexpectedness, I gave it 5-stars, but I am not sure if I liked the ending. I hope that there is another series after this about the same characters in order to fill in the questions that I still have about this book. Overall, it was a good story, but I am not sure about the ending.
Nicole
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for those of you who like reading books like Harry Potter. The genre of this book is adventure. Anybody can read this book but start from the first book which is just Pennyroyal Academy and the second book is The Shadow Cadets of Pennyroyal Academy. This is the 3rd and last book.
Heather Feinauer
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading this series with my family and it’s one we hated to put down and couldn’t wait to pick back up. This is so much more than a traditional princess story. I loved the continuation of Evie’s journey and her friends, the strength and power they each found in different ways and the realization that family is what you make it. The only complaint, it feels like there should be another book. So many loose ends, Forbes, Demetria, Basil, dragons, Evie’s last quest. Please tell me there ...more
Samantha Williamson
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really loved the other 2 books in the serious, and this one was almost just as good as the others, but the ending isn't very satisfying and leaves you wanting more. It could use some kid of a prequel of some kind to wrap the story up a bit more.
Bayla
I was disappointed by a twist that seemed thrown in for no other reason than to be a twist (view spoiler)
Erin
I enjoyed the whole series, but this final installment really brought a number of things together very nicely.

Cindy Tolen
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 for this one. Fun YA series. Pretty predictable, but easy reads and sweet characters in all three books.
Sarah Johnson
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the entire trilogy! But, I would have liked an ending, the happily ever after part is missing. It was kind of a let down at the end.
Valarie J Work
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book ever

I loved it and I am a very picky reader.
I think it is the best book I ever read
Kathy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun ending to a fun series.
Mackenzie
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I wasn't very impressed with the ending of this book and the series as a whole. Disappointed since I loved the first book. The characters and story had so much potential, but it fell flat.
Onadi Cooray
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great

• Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Coronation Vol. 1
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1
  • Marcy and the Riddle of the Sphinx
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Ogres Awake! (Adventures in Cartooning picturebook, #3)
  • Wild's End, Vol. 1: First Light
  • Polly Diamond and the Magic Book
  • Missy Piggle-Wiggle and the Won't-Walk-The-Dog Cure (Missy Piggle-Wiggle, #2)
  • Night Night, Groot
  • Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard, Vol. 2
  • Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 3
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • Return to the Willows
  • Moonshot: The Indigenous Comics Collection, Volume 1
  • The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde (The Princess in Black, #3)
  • Oz: Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz
  • Diary of a Mad Brownie
  • The Tooth Mouse

Pennyroyal Academy (3 books)
  • Pennyroyal Academy (Pennyroyal Academy, #1)
  • The Shadow Cadets of Pennyroyal Academy (Pennyroyal Academy, #2)
“Kings have the power to stop wars. The power to start wars too.” 1 likes