Start by marking “When Love Comes Home (Small Town Hearts #2)” as Want to Read:
When Love Comes Home (Small Town Hearts #2)

When Love Comes Home

(Small Town Hearts #2)

The summer before she left for college, Kari Nelson had the world in the palm of her hand. She was on her way out of her small hometown and out from under the thumbs of her controlling parents. But more importantly, she was in love for the first time.

That summer would change her life forever.

Years after returning home unexpectedly, Kari is no longer a naive and hopeful t
Paperback, 1st Edition, 251 pages
Published November 5th 2016 by H.C. Bentley

To ask other readers questions about When Love Comes Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Love Comes Home

Start your review of When Love Comes Home (Small Town Hearts #2)
InD'tale Magazine
Using tropes of second chances, moving back home and meeting one’s first love, can’t exactly be qualified as original, yet the author did a pretty good job of making the story interesting either way.

Read full review in the 2016 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Luv
I wanted to love this book because IMHO it doesn't get any better than a second chance/secret baby theme. I'm confused by all the five star ratings. YMMV but I was disappointed at the lack of emotion between the couple. I might as well have been reading a math textbook. No fireworks, no angst, no drama. Bleah, boring! I just never clicked with this author's writing style.

For second chance fans- years of separation 11
no cheating
what drove them apart- life, college, her parents had a hand but thi
Jacquie
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Love Comes Home by H.C. Bentley is the perfect title for the perfect second chance love story between Kari and Marc! It has it ALL....a sweet but sassy heroine, a strong but sensitive, smokin' hot Alpha hero, and just the right amount of angst to make your heart swoop and soar!

Kari is Lynn's BFF (from Her Last Love, Book 1 in the Small Town Hearts series, but you don't HAVE to read it first as they can be read as standalones) It was awesome getting reacquainted with Lynn and Carter, catchin
Linda Rea
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kari and Marc just spent the last night before going away to separate colleges on the opposite sides of the country but they will write and stuff but ten years have passed and nothing. One day after Marc came back to town he sees Kari standing on the sidewalk and he can't believe it after all this time her she is. But Kari isn't really ready to tell Marc he is a dad to s ten year old but after a little bit she does tell him. This story tells how they both navigate the relationship with only the ...more
Stacy Aube
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

This is a very touching story. I had a big smile on my face from emotional situations. Marc and Kari met one summer only to lose touch for years. So much has changed in that time. So when the couple reunite does the couple stand a chance or has to much changed?
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
when love comes home
EH
elizabeth horbaczek

Reply|
Today, 12:46 PM
Estella Robinson (christinmealways@gmail.com)
This book was given to me for an honest review.

4 stars

This is my first time reading this author and I have to say I really enjoyed the book. It is definitely a second chance novel and I thought it was going to be one that it would take me getting into but I was wrong. I loved how it opened and what they saw in each other at the beginning. It was said a lot of times in the story that there
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kari Nelson left her small town life and overbearing parents behind, armed with a mapped out future full of happiness, budding romance, and a future with a man she thought would be her forever love, but life had other plans for both of them and took them down other paths. Her path involving a failed marriage, a divorce, a young daughter to care for, a flourishing business, and moving back home. Returning home wasn't always in her plans, but now that her and her daughter have settled she can't im ...more
Tiffany Readz
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Safe Romance

As a lover of angst, When Love Comes Home didn't fill that role, however was a nice romance with everything in its place. As the second book of the series, it read well as a stand alone and if anything made me a curious about the characters in the first book.

Kari and Marc are long lost loves reuniting after ten years with a surprise daughter in the mix. I liked that H.C. Bentley let the kid thing out of the bag right in the blurb, so there wasn't a lot of him-hawing about that situat
Morgan Terry
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: h-c-bentley
H. C. Bentley has quickly become an author I strongly recommend you be on the lookout for. I definitely had my grabby hands out for When Love Comes Home, and diving through the pages, you’ll see why! It’s crazy how much this book got to me. My heart aflutter with Marc and warm with Kari mixed with the more aching parts, my poor heart was run through the gamut of emotions and I’d gladly take it back for seconds!

From the beginning, the chemistry is on fire with Kari and Marc but when they both le
Stacey
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my second read by H C Bentley, after reading the first in this series - Her Last Love. I was looking forward to reading more about all of the characters, but the story in this one is from Kari's POV.

We already know from reading #1 that Kari is quite happy living in her little town with the company of her best friends (Lynn & Bethany) and her daughter Jenna. She also owns the local cafe so she leads quite a busy fulfilled life.

Her life was plodding along at quite an even pace until some
Tina Todd shobe
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Love Comes Home is book 2 in the Small Town Hearts Trilogy but can be read as a stand alone. In fact I haven't read the first book but plan to after heart warming feeling I got reading this book. I want to get to know all the characters better.

I love how the author portrays the characters, their thoughts and feelings. They are very well developed.

Neither Kari nor Marc's lives took them down the paths that they thought they would and now both are back living in their home town. Kari and her
2OCC Reviews
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marie
4 Stars

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

H. C. Bentley has written a heartwarming book of young love that was lost and of a story of how Marc and Kari came back together 10 years later. Falling in love the summer before they both left for different colleges was not something either of them planned. But after promises of love and staying in touch, things did not work out.

Kari finds herself pregnant and has the baby and after marriage to another man, finds herse
Vicki
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming story of lost and found love.

This story is a slow burn and the you really feel the emotions as you get further into the story, I have spent the entire time reading this book with a smile plastered on my face, from the moment you pick up this book all the emotions and memories of book one come flooding back to you as if you've literally just finished reading it, now if you haven't read Her Last Love I would highly recommend it.

This book focuses on Kari and Marc and my what a stor
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
When Love Comes Home is the second book in Small Town Hearts Trilogy. This book is amazing. Marc and Kari may be my favorite couple. Marc and Kari were young and in love, but fate just wasn't in the cards for them at that time. Flash forward 11 years and now Kari is a mother, still living her the same small town she grew up in. Marc is back as well to tend to his ailing father and run the family business. But Kari has a secret, one that will effect Marc's life as well.

I love Marc's character in
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Sweet. Safe. Easy. Steamy. Those are the four words I would use to describe this series. I am a lover of these type of romances... low on drama and more of romance. This trope in romance is a guilty addiction of mine and I just love it.

H.C. Bentley is a brand new author to me and one I will look for in the future, especially the last book in this series. This author gave me a nice, second chance romance that had me swooning and squirming in my seat. I laughed, smiled, swooned, and smiled
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Kari wanted her own life, a new start so she left her small town to do just that but what she had planned in her head wasn't exactly how things went. A divorce, a young daughter and a growing business wasn't the worst but having to go back home well that just wasn't in her plans, but now that her and her daughter have made somewhat of home in her home town she doesn't see herself anywhere else, but being home has consequences when you are hiding a secret. Marc is home to help his sick father and ...more
Amy  Crull
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet book. Marc and Kari had a beautiful relationship but things changed when Marc left for college. Kari got a big surprise while Marc went out to chase his dreams. Fast forward 10 years later, Kari's life isn't like she planned but she wouldn't change it for anything. But things change in a blink of an eye, the past comes back. She has lots of things to tell him including something huge. Marc has a lot to deal with. He's coming back home to help his dad and then sees his high ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Love Come Home is book two in the Small Town Hearts Trilogy. Each book covers a different couple so it can be read as a standalone.

Kari is a really down to earth relatable character. She had all her plans planned out but things happened and it didn't turn out they way she had planned. She's now a single mom. She's been married and divorced. She seems to have her stuff together. She's not one of those characters that are flaky and a mess.
Marc was a boy she loved one summer. They planned to
Judy Miracle
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HC Bentley is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. After reading Her Last Love i couldn't wait to dive into When Love Comes Home.

This is Kari's story. Kari left town leaving behind the small town life and her overbearing parents. This like Her Last Love is a second chance romance. Kari and Mac were lovers and after 10 years reunite. After Kari has had a failed marriage, divorce and a daughter she returns home. Marc is also returning back home to care for his father and oversee the family
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

I love stories that are about a homecoming. There is sadness, there is laughter, and there is romance. This book made me feel all warm and fuzzy at the end. If you want a really good read, then this book is for you.
Lori Hammons
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marc and Kari were kept apart by outside influences. When Marc moves back to the small town they met in, a big surprise awaits him. I love how learning of the surprise was dealt with, and how Marc and Kari deal with their relationship. I am hoping the outside influences will be confronted in the next book in the series, as those parties need to be taken down a peg.
Kari Holloway
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Her second book is just as well crafted as her first. H.C. Bentley does a fantastic job bringing reality to the tale with her real world experience. I don't want to give spoilers away, but it was great.
Nicole
Aug 05, 2017
Abbie
Feb 10, 2020
BethAnn Redd
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kari and Marc's story is sweet and beautiful ... the book is well written and thoughtful. Very well crafted feelings and just as good as the first. ...more
Esmeralda Teitsma
Sandra
Jun 26, 2017
ha'lle williams
May 29, 2017
There's just something about a small town that makes relationships interesting, whether they are romances, long-running feuds, or life-long friendships. These are the relationships H.C. Bentley enjoys discovering and exploring. Well that, and the fact she just loves a good happily ever after or second chance story.

When she's not writing, H.C. works as a cataloging librarian at her county library.

Small Town Hearts (5 books)
  • Her Last Love (Small Town Hearts, #1)
  • To Love Again (Small Town Hearts, #3)
  • City Boy, Southern Girl (Small Town Hearts)
  • Small Town Hearts Box Set: Trilogy + Novella