Start by marking “Insight” as Want to Read:

Insight

A shocking revelation could tear them apart…or open their eyes to a whole new world.

Olivia Cline has followed her husband to a new town, hoping for a fresh start after Derek’s affair with a coworker. But even before they move into their new home, tragedy strikes, and Derek is gone. With no job and precious little money, how will she cope? Going back to Chicago isn’t an o
Published August 11th 2016 by Raney Day Press (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Insight, please sign up.
Amanda I'm sure it's because of how she thought she'd be perceived. Would people believe that her husband was the baby's father, or would they think she'd…moreI'm sure it's because of how she thought she'd be perceived. Would people believe that her husband was the baby's father, or would they think she'd been unfaithful to him, or at least to his memory so quickly after his death? I also think the shock of finding herself pregnant in the midst of so many life altering changes caused her to look at all the negative aspects of her pregnancy first, before she could experience the joy and wonder of having a child.(less)

Start your review of Insight
Stefanie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deborah Raney penned such a beautiful story in Insight. The storyline was somewhat predictable, with the hints of mystery easy to figure out, but I still found the story sweet and enjoyable.
Olivia Cline was a character you could see in yourself. The up and down emotions during tragedy, the confusion, the insecurities and anger. She was so relatable and it made her very likeable.
Reed Vincent was also a very relatable character and Deborah Raney described his work as an artist beautifu
Hope
Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Deborah Raney stands above most Christian authors if this book is any indication of her talent. The characters are multi-layered and likable. The Christianity is natural, not forced, and does not offer too-easy answers to life's questions. And the writing is very good. (Clarity and ease of expression are surprisingly rare in Christian fiction.)

The book blurb makes it sound melodramatic, but it's actually a pretty solid story. I could have done without the silly epilogue, but up till
Mirjam
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely. At some points predictable, but it's a nice, christian feelgood novel :-)
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite an interesting and satisfying read. Christian romantic fiction like this can often be cheesy and unrealistic, but at times I find it strangely comforting and get inexplicable cravings for it. I wish I lived in the world they describe, a world where everyone in the entire town loves God, bakes cookies, goes to church and lives in a two-storey house on a beautiful tree-lined street.
But yeah, I like the way Deborah Raney writes - she's one of the better Christian romance author
Sadie VanderKodde
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Too predictable, and too many errors. I realize this is an updated edition of an older version, but I can't believe editors don't catch the inconsistencies that obviously weren't updated. The doctor is a female at the beginning, a male part-way through, and then a female again a few sentences later.

Her friends are Michael and Claire Meredith at the beginning, become Michael and Claire Anderson half-way through, then are back to being the Merediths again at the end.

But it was a sweet
Ruth Kyser
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!

What a wonderful story of God's love and faithfulness. I didn't want the book to end. Great job, Ms. Raney!
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At my local writers’ conference this July, I was blessed to meet author Deborah Raney and her artist husband Ken Raney. Her book Insight intrigued me because the storyline featured an artist. Since I’m an artist, I decided to choose this book as my first taste of her large collection of Christian fiction titles.

I enjoy fiction, but I don’t read it very often because I put my life on hold to finish the book (if it’s good enough). Insight drew me in and I read it all the way through on
Shirley Chapel
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shirley by: Kindle Unlimited
Olivia never seen it coming. She leaves all that she's familiar with in Illinois to move to a new town in Missouri. Her husband Derek has found a promising position there and leaves Olivia behind in Chicago to finish up things there before joining him in their new home. Olivia is not eager for this move but looks forward to sharing a new life with her husband.
Moving day comes and Olivia arrives at their new home. But where's Derek? He doesn't show up at the house. She calls his cell . No a
Randy Tramp
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a new town of Hanover Falls, Missouri, tragedy hits Olivia Cline. Her husband Derek is killed. How can she make it? She needs to work and responds to a job posting.

Artist Reed Vincent had recently regained his eyesight, thanks to a corneal transplant. He needs an assistant. Olivia, an aspiring artist is just the person.

Olivia loves her job until a flash of insight that connects her past with her future.

I was into the story right from the beginning. The plot
Penelope
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
“Insight” is the story about a couple who has just weathered through a difficult time in their marriage. Looking for a fresh start, they decide to quit their jobs, move, and begin afresh in a new town hoping to leave the bad memories behind and get a second chance on their marriage. But it’s never that simple and sometimes life takes a different turn.

Readers who like reading novels that touch on real life matters - marital issues or other thought provoking subjects; who are encouraged when char
Jill
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 stars
It grabbed me from the start. The characters were likable and believable. The story concerned a young woman who was struggling to overcome her husbands infidelity and sudden death. The book had good and bad.
Good:
1. Likeable characters
2. Real life issues dealing with infidelity and God's will.
3. Well written
4. I love a book that hooks me on the first page.
Bad
1. a bit of "fluffy" Christian ideas.
2. Things wrap up a bit to quickly and n
Sherri
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good Clean Romance

Excellent subject. The amount of traumas suffered by these characters, and their continued faith in God is the kind of encouragement we need right now.
Remembering, as they did, to trust Him to lead you in your decisions. Sometimes you have to step back before you see the perfect place for you.
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance with a happy ending!
Alice Marks Ripperger
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is easier to run and hide.

I like reading a book that reminds me that there are kind, open, loving strangers in this world. This book stands in sharp contrast to all the apocalypse Sci-Fy novels I've read lately. The story took a strange bend near the end, but the light of God put all in perspective. I've finished this book in a refreshed, hopeful, thankful, happier mind set. You will, too.
PAMpublish
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This heart-breaking, yet heart-warming novel all in one maintained my attention throughout. Much character development revolving around the grieving process, although magnified triple-fold with extenuating circumstances. Sweet and clean novel with some Christian inferences, but not overwhelming the story. Perfect title to the book which encompasses themes in totality. Highly recommended, but keep the tissues nearby.
Bonnie Jarrett
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and different story

I had a really hard time putting the book down and loved every minute. I have read several of Deborah Raney books and this one was the best.
I not only read the story but lived it. You would not be disappointed with the story line and on to the next Deborah Raney books.
Amanda
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Once again the author deals with difficult and sometimes taboo topics--death of loved ones, grieving, organ donation, unplanned/unexpected pregnancy--in a way that brings them into the light so they can be discussed. And she does this in such a wonderful way. I will continue reading all of her books that I can get my hands on.
Judie Rose Miller
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not usually my kind of a story!

This is a love story. No doubt about that, but it is filled with so many different kinds of love! Love of God, her husband, her employer, her cat, her church and her friends. What a story! Never knew what was going to happen next. Couldn't put it down or stop thinking about what was happening next!
Genevieve Florez
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insight

As usual Deborah Raney has once again written a better book than the last one. Every book i have read is an outstanding novel with so much truth in it. I can never put her books down until i am done. She is such a gifted writer at building a wonderful story around God's truth. I enjoy reading her books and can pick up and reread.
Loretta
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Raney sets up a difficult situation from the very beginning of a marriage that has gone through tough times but is on the road to recovery when a major change happens. The rest of the book deals with the consequences of that change. Likeable characters in a Midwest small town setting, but the ending was a bit predictable. I have read several of Deborah Raney's books and always enjoy them.
Patty
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Insight

Fantastic book life is going not well and then you work it out then tragedy happens then your life change's then you think all is lost but God is in charge and it all works out a must Read
Iris hames
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book.

I love reading love stories like this one. God is in control of our lives and it's nice to read books that aren't afraid to say so I would recommend this book and arthur to everyone.
Alice Tallent
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love This Author

Deborah Raney always delivers books that appeal to me. This one concerns a couple of artists facing challenging circumstances. I enjoy the balance of romance and suspense as well as the encouraging message.
Rita B
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Questioning God

Who could not relate to this? When things do not go the way we want it to or we think it should we get upset. We question God. It is not our time but Gods. It is just hard to remember that.
Danna
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Okay I’m not very articulate but I wanted to give a review of this book. I had a hard time putting it down. I couldn’t wait to read what would happen next. It was such a sweet book.
Christine Byleveld
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
The story did not grab me, actually, I did not read the whole book, so my review dont really count. It may be a very good story... BUT I love the movie "Return to Me", and this book is a mediocre second best to the same storyline...
JerriLynn
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insight

I really connected with the author and the writing in this book. She portrayed the emotions one would go through dealing with each of the issues brought out in this book. Well done.

june
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

I enjoyed this book. The only thing I didn’t like was how Olivia reacted when she found out Reed had gotten her dead husbands corneas. It was silly. She should have been happy. Oh well I don’t make the characters so what they do OT was still a good book
Jill Derrick
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read about life's twists and turns

Great story and how life can change in a moment. It allows you to learn to enjoy each minute as we are never promised but one day at a time.
Diana Miller
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Christian book

The book covered betrayal (sin), forgiveness and love. It showed in some ways how God worked all things for good, even the ‘bad’
things. It also showed some healing work of the Holy Spirit in it. Good read.
Mike Sharp
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jobsite we are God's timimh

Enjoyed this story. Even knowing how it would end the adventure getting there was enjoyable. Wish there were a few more pages detailing a little of the excitement of the last two years to enjoy that part of the journey.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Refuge at Pine Lake (Pine Haven)
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • An Amish Reward: An Amish Romance Inspired by a Beloved Bible Story
  • Little Loves (The Church Dogs of Charleston #2)
  • Tangled in Time (Miss Main Street #1)
  • Some Say Love` (Hope #3)
  • A Cowboy's Reunion (Family Ties, #1)
  • Help Me, Hold Me (Full Heart Ranch #5)
  • A Woman of Fortune (Texas Gold, #1)
  • Perilous Treasure (Jack Turner Suspense Series Book 4)
  • The Apple of My Eye
  • All of You (Carrington Family #2)
  • On the Lookout (Lantern Beach P.D. #1)
  • Always Watching (Elite Guardians, #1)
  • Her Last First Kiss: Christian Cowboy Romance (Last Chance Ranch Romance Book 1)
  • Heavy Weather (A Carolina Coast Novel)
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • The Crimson Cord: Rahab's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land, #1)
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title and launched Deb’s writing career. Twenty-five years, thirty-five books, and numerous awards later, she's still creating stories that touch hearts and lives. Her novels have won RWA's RITA Award, the ACFW Carol Award, the National Readers Choice Award, and the HOLT Medallion. She is also a three- ...more