Start by marking “Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court #2)

Midnight Jewel

(The Glittering Court #2)

In the second installment of the bestselling Glittering Court series, Richelle Mead goes beyond the glitz and glamour, delving into the dark, political underbelly of their world through the eyes of one girl who dares to fight for her freedom.

A refugee of war, Mira was cast out of her home country and thrust into another, where the conditions were inhospitable at best. In a
Published June 27th 2017 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Jewel, please sign up.
Nikki It takes place at the same time as The Glittering Court, so they will most certainly appear. They will probably not have HUGE roles, but they will be…moreIt takes place at the same time as The Glittering Court, so they will most certainly appear. They will probably not have HUGE roles, but they will be in the novel. (less)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Last year THE GLITTERING COURT was one of my most anticipated new releases, and despite discovering that it 1. Had nothing to do with Fae, and 2. Was half-fantasy, it was one of my top ten books of 2016.

MIDNIGHT JEWEL was even better.

BUT.

The story doesn't pick up where it left off, with Adelaide and Cedric beginning their HEA in Adoria's version of Rhode Island, it returns to the beginning, and tells the same story from Mira's POV.

I wasn't bothered by this at all
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the author: For those who don't know the series set-up, each book is self-contained and covers the same story and timeline from a different character's point of view. I'd say about 15% of the scenes overlap in the two books, so I've got to make sure when that happens, every piece of dialogue matches. The rest of the material is all new, but it still has to keep pace with the first book and not contradict anything. #2's narrator (Mira) has a darker view of the story and also gives us a new p ...more
Cait • A Page with a View
3.5 stars. This sequel worked a lot better for me than the first one... actually, it felt like more of a companion novel since it's the same timeline told through Mira's experience. And I definitely liked her a lot more as a narrator! She ended up being a strong character who's grounded, capable, a bit reckless at times, and pretty introspective. If you've read the first book you know she's a refugee who wants to find her brother, so this story is about her searching for him, trying to free him ...more
Alyssa

Book Two of The Glittering Court series
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: June 27, 2017
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

In MIDNIGHT JEWEL, Richelle Mead goes beyond the glitz and glamour of the Glittering Court, delving into the dark, political underbelly of Cape Triumph through the eyes of one girl who dares to fight for her freedom.

A refugee of war, Mira was ca
Erin
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: september-2017
Much better than The Glittering Court. Its very unusual for book 2 to be better than book 1 but that's the case this time. As I said in my review for The Glittering Court, I thought the main character from book 1 Adelaide was boring and the book lost its thread midway through. Midnight Jewel did not have those problems. The main character Mira is fun, tough, and has an actual personality. I'm so excited to read book 3 because I'm pretty sure that Tamsin's story will be my favorite.
Bri •Books and Bri•
Dec 01, 2016 marked it as never-will-i-ever  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-happening
Really? The Glittering Court sequel? Ummm, NO.

description

I love Richelle Mead, but I will not be reading this. The first book was boring, terribly predictable, and the ending had one of the biggest cop-outs I've ever come across in a book. (view spoiler) Throw in the fact that the romance was lacking in chemistry when that i
Penny
I found it boring.

There are way too many parallels to the first book, and since I read one book after the other I found reading the same story again tedios. I lost interest quick and I almost DNFed it.
In my opinion , it is a shame that the two books are so similar, the plot does change but everything that happens behind it is the same because both stories are happening simultaneously. The real problem for me is that the way the background story it is told leaves no intrigue and it feels repetit
Rian *fire and books*
Update!

It took three times and 49 days of listening off and on but I finished it! I’m leaving my old review but here’s this one in a few sentences.

Mira did have some wicked cool fight scenes but this was more about a political underground than anything. I’m glad she had such a great romance (and sex!). But this took me forever to listen to and I’m not going back for it again. This is, by far, Richelle Mead’s worst series and while I didn’t hate read it at all, I was bored.

Tamsin’s story I’m su
Teodora
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bulgarian review: https://bookishipster.wordpress.com/2...

I'm really happy i got to read this book and return to the world of the Glittering Court! I found Mira's story even more interesting, intense and rich than Adalaide's, with much more twists, turns and difficult situations. 'Midnight Jewel' was such a fast and fun read, Richelle Mead didn't dissapoint me once again.
Caroline
Full Review On The Blog
www.carolineandrus.com/blog

Be still my heart. I think I love Mira more than Adelaide.

Richelle Mead, you are my patronous; my spirit animal. When I grow up I want to BE you.

*swoon*

Go read this series. Action. Adventure. Pirates. Hate to Love romance.
Kaya Dimitrova
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
"Среднощният диамант" ми хареса една идея повече от предшестващата го "Бляскавият двор" Мира бе далеч по-интересна героиня от Аделейд, а историята ми се стори по-приключенска, по-драматична и напрегната. Проблемите ми с взаимоотношенията, които Ришел Мийд създава в тази поредица обаче са си все същите - приятелството между трите главни героини според мен си остава един от основните недостатъци, а любовната история - колкото и да ми допадна, не мога да премълча за крайно предвидимите развития във ...more
Jackie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Let me start off by saying that I enjoyed this book way more than the first book. For one thing, I felt like the writing was completely different, even though I know it wasn't that different. I also felt that the beginning was a lot more captivating in this book and I was intrigued by the church scene.
Mira was a likable character and I could definitely see where she was coming from in most of her actions and comments. Still, I felt that she was a bit annoying at times, es
❄️✨ Kat ✨❄️
I LOVED THIS BOOK. I loved the pirates and her constant late night sneak-outs and the romance between (view spoiler). I loved how it connected so well with the first book, and the moments between the books that overlapped. I loved how Mira was such a determined female, and how she always fought for righteousness, no matter what. I can't wait to hear Tamsin's side of the story, and the buildup to the third book throughout this book is impressive and has me super exc ...more
Alaina
Midnight Jewel was an interesting book for The Glittering Court series. I was honestly really hesitant to jump into this one because I didn't really care for the first book, The Glittering Court. In the end, I liked it but it was also kind of boring. This could be due to the narrator or just things in the story kind of being underwhelming to listen to.

Midnight Jewel was about Mira, who started off kind of meh.. then became likable.. then became meh again. I liked how she was like the girl versio
very nice reading, but even though I want to know what happened to Tasmin I can't possibly read the story a third time.
Azrah
This was better than The Glittering Court. Having to reread their first year in training all over again was a bit annoying. It was like deja vu.

Immediately as the book started we find out that the whole reason that Mira joins the Glittering Court is to go to Adoria where her brother, Lonzo, is a runaway fugetive. She needs to find a rich husband to pay his servant bond.

Nancy The book junkie
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review to come!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Richelle Mead returns to the world of the Glittering Court with MIDNIGHT JEWEL. This time, readers are introduced to Mira. She is different from the heroine in the first book because she is a refugee of war and now that she has been cast out of her home country, she faces obstacles that many others take advantage of.

I’ve been a fan of Richelle Mead for years but this series is something entirely different for her. Although her writing is still exceptional, the world and the way this series is wr
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
I am so excited that we’re getting a sequel to The Glittering Court! I absolutely loved the first book and I am thrilled that this book focuses on a different character. The world of The Glittering Court is so mysterious and intriguing, and I can’t wait to get back into it. I hope that this sequel will be incredible as the first book!
Arlene
Unnecessarily long. I love Richelle Mead's writing, but unfortuneately this one dragged a bit. Parallel timeframe to the first installment.
Bianca Damaso
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it
[MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE GLITTERING COURT AHEAD; read at your own discretion]:

Midnight Jewel is the second book in The Glittering Court series although it reads more like a companion. It follows the same time line as the first book just focusing on a different character. I was excited to dive into this one because it revolves around my favourite character from the first book. Mirabel Viana was always so mysterious and even reading about her through Adelaide's eyes, I knew that she was spying and
Crystal
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dirty Dayna
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-to-finish
5 My Saasa Stars

Going into this book I heard rumor it was the same story told by another of the Glittering Court girls and that scenes would overlap. I was terrified it would be the same story vomited back up. BUT IT WASN’T!!!! the scenes that do link up you see another side of a story you thought you already understood but in actuality you only saw a glimpse. The scenes that overlap still have scenes where you need the final puzzle piece to have it completely make sense.
This story is about Mi
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
La mia recensione sul blog http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Midnight Jewel è il secondo romanzo della serie The Glittering Court, ma più che un seguito lo possiamo considerare un romanzo complementare.
Ambientato esattamente nello stesso mondo coloniale inventato dall'autrice in The Glittering Court, questo secondo libro è narrato in prima persona dal punto di vista di Mirabel Viana, compagna di stanza e amica di Adelaide e Tamsin.
Come ben ricorderete, Mira è una bellissima ragazza sirmini
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
I can't wait for this very squeeeable sequel: I loved the Glittering Court incredibly, so here's a few facts, it's out next April 2017...! In the sequel but yet a readable stand alone, "Richelle Mead goes beyond the glitz and glamour of the Glittering Court, delving into the dark, political underbelly of Cape Triumph through the eyes of one girl who dares to fight for her freedom.
Anne
Aug 26, 2017 marked it as decided-not-to-read
Waaaaayyyyyy too much of the first book at the beginning of this story.

At the end of The Glittering Court, they have all been in the new world for a while.
I had expected this story to pick up at the end of -- or at least close to the end of -- the Glittering Court.

But by chapter 3 of this story, they were nowhere near the new world.
I didn't want to read the first story all over again, even if it was from Mira's point of view.
So this is a DNF for me.

Justin Turczak
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Richelle mead has done it again. I loved this book sooo much. Has a mix of everything of the glammed life of the glittering court thankfully not as much and gossipy drama first book had. It's has a lot of action and felt more had a connection much more with her love life. Plus maybe hints of pirates of Caribbean a bit ;).
Rose
Feb 08, 2017 marked it as not-my-cup-of-tea
Just a note to say that I love the cover of this book, but after the horrible experience of reading the first in this series, I think I'll give it a pretty hard pass.
Praiz Sophyronja
I auto-buy everything Richelle Mead writes and this series has not disappointed.
Pamela Petkova
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Много харесвам книги, които въпреки че могат да се четат самостоятелно са част от една обща история. Затова въпреки че очаквах една голяма част от моментите, ми беше интересно не как ще завършат, а какво е довело до тях. Мира може да се нарече един доста по вълнуващ образ, които се бореше не само за себе си, но и за останалите. Затова и наистина харесах първата част на книга, след това започна леко да се размива историята, което можеше да е една идея по кратка, тогава може би наистина щеше да ми ...more
  • Spectacle (Menagerie, #2)
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • One Blood Ruby (Seven Black Diamonds, #2)
  • The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game #2)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Nexus (Zeroes #3)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • The Ship Beyond Time (The Girl From Everywhere, #2)
  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2)
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
  • If There's No Tomorrow
  • Reign of Serpents (Blood of Gods and Royals, #3)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f

The Glittering Court (3 books)
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • The Emerald Sea (The Glittering Court #3)