Start by marking “Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)

Dog Man Unleashed

(Dog Man #2)

Dog Man, the newest hero from the creator of Captain Underpants, is still learning a few tricks of the trade. Petey the cat is out of the bag, and his criminal curiosity is taking the city by storm. Something fishy is going on! Can Dog Man unleash justice on this ruffian in time to save the city, or will Petey get away with the purr-fect crime?
Published December 27th 2016 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Dog Man Unleashed, please sign up.
Bernice Seward Yes, flippy comes in this book. It was quite fun to experience . . . even as an adult:-) I felt a little funny about flipping the pages back and forth…moreYes, flippy comes in this book. It was quite fun to experience . . . even as an adult:-) I felt a little funny about flipping the pages back and forth in public. . . . but not funny enough to refrain from doing so:-)(less)

Start your review of Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)
Cory
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"There's been a pet store robbery!"
"Where?"
"At the pet store."
"Oh."
LaDonna
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

.18 (4.18/5)

My ten year old and I had a fun time reading this book. My rating is based on Dav Pilkey creating characters that keep kids engaged and wanting more. My son read Books 3 and 4 to me, after we read this one together!!

Dog Man Unleashed is filled with fun, questionable antics that a kid would enjoy. It even has references that an older reader would appreciate.

• Dr. Boog E. Feva

• Children asking, “What is a phone booth?”

• Children asking, “What is a VCR?”

(Come on...You are
Lucy Banks
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Celeste
Feb 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book because Logan (8 year old son) likes this series and I am reviewing it for Kiss the Book blog. I realize that as a 38 year old woman I'm not the intended target. The English teacher in me is appalled that these books are published and handed to children as reading material. Just a sample from the book, "If you like action, suspense, romance (a dog sniffing another dog's backside) and laffs (that is the spelling used!) then Dog Man is Go!" The characters talk to each other: "'Dog ...more
Melissa Chung
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I think I mentioned this in my last Dog Man review, that while I read this book ,out loud, to my kids, I can't help but tell you, I read it out loud in a really bad Boston accent. This one was okay. I like the humor Dav Pilkey comes up with, but this spin-off seems harder to get into than the dynamic duo George and Harold. With that being said...I think Petey the Cat is a fun villain to have in all the books. Unlike the first series (Captain Underpants), this one seems to just follow Petey's ...more
Brittany
2.5 stars. My son bought this with his Christmas gift card last night, so I picked it up. It's not my thing, but I do love the illustrations and, as a teacher, I appreciate Pilkey for what he does for young readers, especially reluctant males.
Melki
An evil fish, a flat cat, and reanimated dinosaur bones highlight this Dog Man adventure. I giggled, and snorted, and had no complaints about this fun-filled, funny go-round.
Heather
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son reviewed this book (he's 7). He absolutely loves dog man. For full review click link below!!!

Stacey
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as supa funny and cheeky as the first!
Taylor
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read it really fast but i thought it was funny
Josiah
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Whereas Dog Man was a sequence of episodes presented as long chapters, Dog Man Unleashed is one adventure divided into short chapters, and the change works well enough. The police chief has good reason to be proud of his heroic half-man/half-canine cop, but he struggles not to lose his temper with him. What kind of policeman chews up sensitive documents, licks the chief's face because he's happy to see him, or uses the office floor as a bathroom? Dog Man has a lot of unintended mischief to make ...more
Tracy The Great
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it was a good book because it was super funny and fun to read. When I started reading it I couldn't stop!!!
Jackie
Silliness abounds when Dog Man Unleashed comes to life. Humor full of potty jokes, doggy puns, and stupidness, kids will giggle non-stop. Arch enemies, Dog Man and Petey the Cat try to outwit each other with the help of some devious characters.

A quick read, this sequential art book is full of laugh-out-loud situations and colorful hijicks. Kids will be screaming for this second in the series.
Daniel
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was like so extra amazing I would really enjoy reading it everyday bro. Dav Pilkey is such a savage for making dog man
Ronda  Tutt
Very Cute!
My grandson is really into this series and since I read the first book with him he wanted me to read the second book with him. His reading and attention to the sentences is getting better even though he seems to pay more attention to the pictures than the words. I keep telling him he cant make up the story from just looking at the pictures - LOL Dog Man is humorous and that crazy criminal cat is at it again - LOL I highly recommend this series for first time chapter book readers.
Kat Drennan-Scace
Another really funny volume of Dog Man! At first I thought it wasn’t as funny but then I did end up laughing quite a bit. Good times. Definitely recommend to the 7-10 year old boys you know (and 30-something librarians too!)
Sarah Hanine
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book/series. I enjoy reading this type of book. I enjoy how the main character cant be real but is so much real.
Andi M.
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this one far more than the first. Made my son and I both laugh out loud.
Ryan
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I said it after the first series and I shall say it again. I love this series. Parents complain about the potty humor in Captain Underpants. Well there is rarely potty humor in this books. But they are still incredibly funny. Plus they are full graphic novels. Yes they are unrealistic, and complete drivel, but that is why I, and many kids like them. This time the Chief is having a birthday. But it’s like no one else’s birthday, EVER! Thank goodness.
Julie Kirchner
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is pretty funny. I decided to read it quickly before my students see I've got it and I will never see it again! They will love the goofy humor (5 bucks plus "tacks") and the Flip-o-Rama pages. The puns, the misspelled words, the grammatical errors will make this second book in the series a home run with elementary age kids.
A. Nixon
You'll laugh! You'll cry! You might even snicker.

This is the satisfying sequel to Dog Man. It's funny, action-packed, and I like the creativity of the flip-pages. I'm amazed at the interesting and inventive shenanigans and solutions that Pilkey comes up with. I found myself laughing aloud at the old-things-being-chucked gag.

So, another win for 8-12 readers (especially dog owners, I think).
Michele Knott
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's just silly.
I love that there is a plot line that is easy for readers to follow and is funny and silly enough that will make them laugh out loud and enjoy reading.
And there are references to VCRs, fax machines and other obsolete objects!
Brenda Kahn
A satisfying sequel to Dog Man. My students are going to love it. I particularly loved the sequence of obsolete items.

ETA on June 14 - I just read this aloud with a small group of students and enjoyed it, especially a few of the puns and allusions that I missed the first go-round.
Chris Rosson
This is a great graphic novel you shoul read it.
Theresa Grissom
If you liked the first, you'll like this!! Love the Dog Man books. Totally goofy, totally fun with lots of giggles! Looking forward to book 3.
Noah Chadima
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hilarious
I loved the dog man books they are weird and petey keeps .... When I read this book in the car I was smiling.
illuminati
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
funny and some times is sad but awsome
Johnathan Colon
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dog man unleashed the second book was a sequel to our favorite dog headed cop, although this is a sequel that means there is gonna be more characters and character development i really enjoyed that these books take place in one day its actually funny, i never thought about it until tale of the three kittens, my final rating is a 10/10 a 100/100 a 1000/1000.
Jody
This one didn't entertain me as much as the first, but it was still a bit of fun. I've been informed by my daughter that the third one is the best - fingers crossed!
Nora
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There was another Petey!!!Named flat Petey!!!!!!

• Guide to Creating Comics in 3-D (Dog Man)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • Stan the Hot Dog Man
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • The Getaway (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #12)
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Super Rabbit Boy vs. Super Rabbit Boss! (Press Start! #4)
  • Super Rabbit Boy Blasts Off! (Press Start! #5)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 9: The Big Bad Wolf
  • Super Rabbit Racers! (Press Start! #3)
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

Dog Man (9 books)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties (Dog Man, #3)
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)