Start by marking “The Last Piece of My Heart” as Want to Read:
The Last Piece of My Heart

The Last Piece of My Heart

Meet Bridget, a successful travel journalist with ambitions to turn her quirky relationship blog into a novel. But, after numerous rejections from publishers, she accepts an alternative proposition: Nicole Dupre died leaving behind a bestselling novel and an incomplete sequel, and the family need someone to finish it. Bridget is just thankful to have her foot in the publis ...more
Published 2017 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about The Last Piece of My Heart, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Oh, Henry by Mimi Jean PamfiloffMy Not So Perfect Life by Sophie KinsellaI Have Never by Camilla IsleyFriend Zone by Camilla IsleyThe Cafe by the Sea by Jenny Colgan
Chicklit 2017
90 books — 128 voters
The Hating Game by Sally  ThorneWallbanger by Alice Clayton44 Chapters About 4 Men by B.B. EastonThe Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataLike a Boss by Logan Chance
Best Rom-Com Books
352 books — 623 voters

More lists with this book...

Nina
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Out of all of the books Paige Toon has written, I definitely think this one is the best one so far!

I absolutely loved everything about the book. The plot, her writing and most importantly the characters! This was such an enjoyable and quick read which made me smile a lot and I really hope Bridget, Charlie and April will get a short appearance in “Five Years From Now” which is coming out in May.
Cody
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m already a huge fan of Paige and her writing, I first discovered her a few years ago and the first book I read by her ended up being my favourite; Pictures of Lily just struck a chord with me, it was in no way similar to my life, sadly, but I loved it all the same. However I can honestly say The Last Piece of My Heart will stay with me forever, it was simply stunning.

The Last Piece of My Heart follows Bridget a travel journalist who wants to become a writer. While travelling the world Bridget
Ivana - Diary of Difference
If you want a book that will calm you down, relax you, show you love and emotion, but at the same time turn your world around and make you cry at 2am, this is the perfect book for you!

Filled with so much love, laughter, happiness, tears, travelling, 7 second long hugs and intimate moments, this book has left me speechless until the very last page.

You will travel the world around with Bridget, and listen to her playlist, keep track of her thoughts and be a witness while she tries to take her pie
Emer
I read the prologue and opening three chapters of this latest novel from Paige Toon via NetGalley and I must say I'm hooked already!

I have read a number of novels by Paige Toon in the past and always enjoy her books as they feel very much like escapist reads to me.

The premise of this is immediately intriguing and quite emotive. The lead character is a writer named Bridget who is struggling with moving on from past loves and is given the opportunity to ghostwrite a sequel to a popular book writ
Zoe
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story by Paige Toon about finding love, losing love, and being in love.

Beautiful tale that I highly recommend. Absolutely loved it.
Nicola Clough
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful poignant read and Paige never lets you down with her books. This one certainly didn't let me down has to be her best by far and well worth the five stars and more. Bridget is a journalist and wants to turn her relationship blog into a book but then she's asked to finish a book off for someone who died but wrote best selling novels and she moves down for the summer to Cornwall to meet the husband and look into writing the rest of the book. As she gets to know the family does ...more
loveandstolenkisses

Whenever I see this author – Paige Toon – is publishing a new book, I one-click it without even needing to see what the story is about.

I LOVE her books! They are always filled with adventure, swoonworthy heroes, and strong independent women. Im never ready to leave the story, when Ive turned the last page.

This story is about Bridget. If you have read some of Paiges earlier books, you might think the name Bridget sounds familiar.... and you would be correct! Bridget had a small role in ”The Long
Cora Tea Party Princess
DNF.

It's not you, it's me.

I just wasn't in the mood (for four whole months).
Shalini
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The problem with giving your heart away to someone is that you never get it back. Long after you've fallen out of love with them, they still own a little piece of you....
These lines resonated so deep within me that it almost felt as if author Paige Toon is describing my story. Everything that I believe about love is encapsulated in these two lines. So does the main character Bridget, a travel writer with a blog but she goes one step further. She feels that she has become so jaded with love, that
Vicki
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely perfect for me as I read it. I've had a rubbish week and I just wanted something warm, something to get involved in and make me smile. With a cast of characters to fall in love with, stunning settings and a romance to melt your heart, I got everything I wished for. Definitely a seven second hug - this book hit every spot.

Thirty something travel writer Bridget has had an eventful love life up to now as she easily falls in love time and time again. When she comes up with
jenny
"Did you know, you're supposed to hug for at least seven seconds to get the full benefit of it?"

This book will definitely give you a seven-second hug! It's such a beautiful, heart-warming love story and another reason why I love Paige Toon! Her writing is so real, you feel like the characters are real people and you are with them at these stunning places. It makes you want to pack up and go there yourself!

Nicole Dupré passed away unexpectedly leaving behind an unfinished sequel to a bestsell
Marina
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just spent the day Cornwall and Thailand. That is what a good book does to you... it takes you somewhere :)
Kathi
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Umm...sadly, this didn't convince me at all. This was supposed to be one of those guilty-pleasure books that make you feel all fluffy and warm and cute inside, right? That make you curl up in your bed and go "Awww" while reading and end up loathing your life for not having found your own personal love story yet. I mean, that's what every chicklit's goal should actually be! But this book, it didn't even come close. There was no single "Awww" moment in it for me (and I'm so easy to awe!), the book ...more
Book-shelf Shelf
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bridget is a fabulous character that un-veils secrets at every turn, be it past boyfriends or other gems. This certainly keeps the readers on the edge of their seats and turning pages. Add Charlie into the mix with April and you have a concoction which should not be missed by any Paige Toon Fan.
Descriptions of Cornwall are so beautiful, you can smell the sea air and feel the breeze from the hill tops. I loved every page and to have the extra bit is amazing.... BUT.... and i say this with a heavy
tara
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
3.75. A gorgeous book to give you the warm and fuzzies.

Her writing is beautiful and she always nails the romantic connections.

While I couldn't put it down, this one was a bit slower paced, admittedly due to the nature of the story.

I really enjoyed it. She is one of the Chick-lit queens!
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)

Fell in love with these characters. My favourite Paige Toon book yet!
Michelle Sallay
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
One day when I am old and alone I am going to sit down and read all of Paige Toon's books in order like some giant novel that will never end. This was one of my favorites.
Karen Caruana
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it!!
Elizabeth
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
To be honest, I only received a small portion of this novel to read. However, from what I've read, it sounds like something I would really enjoy. I liked the characters and enjoyed the story.

Thank you to NetGalley and Simon and Schuster UK for the opportunity to read and review these tantalizing chapters.
Janay Brazier
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read as part of my 24 hour readathon for Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity. Longer review will be over on my blog. I love Paige Toon’s writing, I have adored every book of hers that I’ve read so far and this one was no different. Loved it!
Yvonne Morgan
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read...did find myself getting a bit distracted and board at times during the book..l personally don't think it's one of her best ...
Samantha
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goosebumps at the end, meant to save it for my holiday but I couldn't resist, my willpower failed me! Amazing writing as ever from the Toon 😜
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ive been a massive Paige Toon fan since I first read Thirteen Weddings - which is where I was first introduced to Bridget ( although I believe she can also be found in The Longest Holiday), and I was super excited when I heard that Paige's latest book, The Last Piece of my Heart, would be focused on Bridget and her story - and this book certainly did not disappoint!

Paige has a brilliant way of writing that makes you instantly fall for the characters, as soon as I heart Bridget's occupation as a
Aoife
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd like to thank Simon and Schuster for sending me a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book, and any book that features Ireland is a winner in my world. I loved as well that the Ireland in this book wasn't Dublin-centric.

It was a classic chick lit, and with every classic chick lit comes a classic romance. I loved this aspect of the story, and I had been waiting for it and expecting it since early in the book. I loved how it was about a little family coming toge
Sini
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I really should stop reading romance novels, since most of them just start annoying me by the middle-point of the book... Unfortunately, same happened with The Last Piece of My Heart.

I found the writing style, basic setting and characters all likeable and the first half was a fun, semi-light read, but then one twist pretty much ruined it for me, since it happened to be a personal pet-peeve of mine. (view spoiler)
Rosie Amber
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
The Last Piece Of My Heart is a contemporary romance. Bridget is a travel magazine writer and an aspiring novelist. Her synopsis for a book about her broken relationships is shelved by her agent, instead she's offered a ghostwriting job.

The author of a best selling contemporary romance died suddenly and never saw the popularity of her book. Its sequel was planned and Bridget is asked to step into the shoes of Nicole and complete the job. It entails her going to Cornwall to access all the author'
Kirsty
It is no secret that I am a Paige Toon fan. I was so excited to get this book for review and equally delighted to say that I loved it.

I loved it for many reasons. I loved the main character Bridget I really liked getting to know her and have a glimpse into her life as a writer. I loved the setting of the majority of the book being set in Cornwall and how I haven't booked a holiday to go there myself again is beyond me. I adored the main relationship of the book and seeing the friendship between
Agi
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-releases, 2017

My love to Paige Toon and her novels has been growing slowly but steadily, in due course and with every new book by this author I am more and more in love with her stories - I just think that each new novel by Ms Toon is better than the other one and soon I am probably going to run short of rating stars, and if I could I'd give them 10 or more. I desperately wanted to read "The Last Piece of My Heart" and when my review copy arrived I was over the moon with joy. Really. Don't judge me but this i
Jess Birch
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lucy
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to say; Paige Toon has a way of reaching for your heart when she writes her books.

I completely and utterly loved this book. It teaches us so much about love, about wanting things and going after it, on not just settling for something that's familiar, or because you dont deserve any better. Its about going out there and grabbing all that you want with your own two hands.

I loved Bridget! She was such a strong character but not just because of her personality but because she refused to let

• Searching for a Silver Lining
  • I Heart Forever (I Heart Series, Book 7)
  • Then. Now. Always.
  • House of Dreams
  • My Sister's Wedding
  • From Notting Hill with Four Weddings . . . Actually (Actually, #3)
  • The Winter Wedding
  • Now That I've Found You
  • The Summer House by the Sea
  • The Moment
  • Rosie’s Little Café on the Riviera
I was born in 1975 and my dad’s career as a racing driver meant that I grew up between Australia, England and America. I worked at heat magazine for eight years as Reviews Editor, but left to have a baby. I’m now a full-time author and freelance journalist. I live in North London with my husband Greg, son Indy and daughter Idha.
“The problem with giving your heart away to someone is that you never fully get it back. Long after you've fallen out of love with them, they still own a little piece of you. That's why first love is always the strongest: it's the only time you ever love wholeheartedly.” 2 likes
“How long does a person wait before they let go of the one they love?” 2 likes