Start by marking “The Last Piece of My Heart” as Want to Read:
The Last Piece of My Heart

The Last Piece of My Heart

Meet Bridget, a successful travel journalist with ambitions to turn her quirky relationship blog into a novel. But, after numerous rejections from publishers, she accepts an alternative proposition: Nicole Dupre died leaving behind a bestselling novel and an incomplete sequel, and the family need someone to finish it. Bridget is just thankful to have her foot in the publis ...more
Published 2017 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about The Last Piece of My Heart, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Oh, Henry by Mimi Jean PamfiloffMy Not So Perfect Life by Sophie KinsellaI Have Never by Camilla IsleyFriend Zone by Camilla IsleyThe Cafe by the Sea by Jenny Colgan
Chicklit 2017
90 books — 130 voters
The Hating Game by Sally  ThorneWallbanger by Alice ClaytonThe Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata44 Chapters About 4 Men by B.B. EastonBeard Science by Penny Reid
Best Rom-Com Books
470 books — 838 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Last Piece of My Heart
Nina
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Out of all of the books Paige Toon has written, I definitely think this one is the best one so far!

I absolutely loved everything about the book. The plot, her writing and most importantly the characters! This was such an enjoyable and quick read which made me smile a lot and I really hope Bridget, Charlie and April will get a short appearance in “Five Years From Now” which is coming out in May.
Cody
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m already a huge fan of Paige and her writing, I first discovered her a few years ago and the first book I read by her ended up being my favourite; Pictures of Lily just struck a chord with me, it was in no way similar to my life, sadly, but I loved it all the same. However I can honestly say The Last Piece of My Heart will stay with me forever, it was simply stunning.

The Last Piece of My Heart follows Bridget a travel journalist who wants to become a writer. While travelling the world Bridget
Ivana - Diary of Difference
If you want a book that will calm you down, relax you, show you love and emotion, but at the same time turn your world around and make you cry at 2am, this is the perfect book for you!

Filled with so much love, laughter, happiness, tears, travelling, 7 second long hugs and intimate moments, this book has left me speechless until the very last page.

You will travel the world around with Bridget, and listen to her playlist, keep track of her thoughts and be a witness while she tries to take her pi
Aj the Ravenous Reader
I picked the book up from my favorite bookstore mainly out of curiosity because I have been seeing Ms. Paige Toon’s books a lot and her book covers always looked so cute so I thought it was finally time to give her a try. I’m glad I did and gladder that I picked The Last Piece of My Heart because the blurb did not fail my expectation. It is agreeably a heartwarming and touching story about grief, friendship, and finding love.

The premise is quite adorable despite the silly bit in it. Bridget, who
Emer (A Little Haze)
I read the prologue and opening three chapters of this latest novel from Paige Toon via NetGalley and I must say I'm hooked already!

I have read a number of novels by Paige Toon in the past and always enjoy her books as they feel very much like escapist reads to me.

The premise of this is immediately intriguing and quite emotive. The lead character is a writer named Bridget who is struggling with moving on from past loves and is given the opportunity to ghostwrite a sequel to a popular book writ
Zoe
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story by Paige Toon about finding love, losing love, and being in love.

Beautiful tale that I highly recommend. Absolutely loved it.
Nicola Clough
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful poignant read and Paige never lets you down with her books. This one certainly didn't let me down has to be her best by far and well worth the five stars and more. Bridget is a journalist and wants to turn her relationship blog into a book but then she's asked to finish a book off for someone who died but wrote best selling novels and she moves down for the summer to Cornwall to meet the husband and look into writing the rest of the book. As she gets to know the family does ...more
loveandstolenkisses

Whenever I see this author – Paige Toon – is publishing a new book, I one-click it without even needing to see what the story is about.

I LOVE her books! They are always filled with adventure, swoonworthy heroes, and strong independent women. I´m never ready to leave the story, when I´ve turned the last page.

This story is about Bridget. If you have read some of Paige´s earlier books, you might think the name Bridget sounds familiar.... and you would be correct! Bridget had a small role in ”The L
Cora Tea Party Princess
DNF.

It's not you, it's me.

I just wasn't in the mood (for four whole months).
Shalini
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The problem with giving your heart away to someone is that you never get it back. Long after you've fallen out of love with them, they still own a little piece of you....
These lines resonated so deep within me that it almost felt as if author Paige Toon is describing my story. Everything that I believe about love is encapsulated in these two lines. So does the main character Bridget, a travel writer with a blog but she goes one step further. She feels that she has become so jaded with love, that
Kathi
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Umm...sadly, this didn't convince me at all. This was supposed to be one of those guilty-pleasure books that make you feel all fluffy and warm and cute inside, right? That make you curl up in your bed and go "Awww" while reading and end up loathing your life for not having found your own personal love story yet. I mean, that's what every chicklit's goal should actually be! But this book, it didn't even come close. There was no single "Awww" moment in it for me (and I'm so easy to awe!), the book ...more
Vicki_cosy.books
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely perfect for me as I read it. I've had a rubbish week and I just wanted something warm, something to get involved in and make me smile. With a cast of characters to fall in love with, stunning settings and a romance to melt your heart, I got everything I wished for. Definitely a seven second hug - this book hit every spot.

Thirty something travel writer Bridget has had an eventful love life up to now as she easily falls in love time and time again. When she comes up with
jenny
"Did you know, you're supposed to hug for at least seven seconds to get the full benefit of it?"

This book will definitely give you a seven-second hug! It's such a beautiful, heart-warming love story and another reason why I love Paige Toon! Her writing is so real, you feel like the characters are real people and you are with them at these stunning places. It makes you want to pack up and go there yourself!

Nicole Dupré passed away unexpectedly leaving behind an unfinished sequel to a
Marina
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just spent the day Cornwall and Thailand. That is what a good book does to you... it takes you somewhere :)
Jodie Smith
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book quicker than any others I have read all year ! I couldn’t put it down! I loved the characters and story ❤️ I’m a big fan of Paige’s books.
Book-shelf Shelf
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bridget is a fabulous character that un-veils secrets at every turn, be it past boyfriends or other gems. This certainly keeps the readers on the edge of their seats and turning pages. Add Charlie into the mix with April and you have a concoction which should not be missed by any Paige Toon Fan.
Descriptions of Cornwall are so beautiful, you can smell the sea air and feel the breeze from the hill tops. I loved every page and to have the extra bit is amazing.... BUT.... and i say this with a heavy
TARA
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
3.75. A gorgeous book to give you the warm and fuzzies.

Her writing is beautiful and she always nails the romantic connections.

While I couldn't put it down, this one was a bit slower paced, admittedly due to the nature of the story.

I really enjoyed it. She is one of the Chick-lit queens!
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)

Fell in love with these characters. My favourite Paige Toon book yet!
Michelle Sallay
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
One day when I am old and alone I am going to sit down and read all of Paige Toon's books in order like some giant novel that will never end. This was one of my favorites.
Karen Caruana
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it!!
Beth
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Well Gemma ya hit the nail on the head again by giving me this beauty! I absolutely loved reading about Bridget and her adventures in Cornwall and Thailand!

I’ve always been a reader of American books and so I’m used to picturing places I’ve never been to before. I enjoy the freedom of using my full imagination so sometimes struggle to read books that are set in places I know and love. It’s weird putting a fictional character into a place I go to every year on holiday - but I liked it for a chan
Elizabeth
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
To be honest, I only received a small portion of this novel to read. However, from what I've read, it sounds like something I would really enjoy. I liked the characters and enjoyed the story.

Thank you to NetGalley and Simon and Schuster UK for the opportunity to read and review these tantalizing chapters.
Janay Brazier
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read as part of my 24 hour readathon for Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity. Longer review will be over on my blog. I love Paige Toon’s writing, I have adored every book of hers that I’ve read so far and this one was no different. Loved it!
Yvonne Morgan
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read...did find myself getting a bit distracted and board at times during the book..l personally don't think it's one of her best ...
Samantha
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goosebumps at the end, meant to save it for my holiday but I couldn't resist, my willpower failed me! Amazing writing as ever from the Toon 😜
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ive been a massive Paige Toon fan since I first read Thirteen Weddings - which is where I was first introduced to Bridget ( although I believe she can also be found in The Longest Holiday), and I was super excited when I heard that Paige's latest book, The Last Piece of my Heart, would be focused on Bridget and her story - and this book certainly did not disappoint!

Paige has a brilliant way of writing that makes you instantly fall for the characters, as soon as I heart Bridget's occupation as a
Aoife
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd like to thank Simon and Schuster for sending me a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book, and any book that features Ireland is a winner in my world. I loved as well that the Ireland in this book wasn't Dublin-centric.

It was a classic chick lit, and with every classic chick lit comes a classic romance. I loved this aspect of the story, and I had been waiting for it and expecting it since early in the book. I loved how it was about a little family coming toge
Fabulous Book Fiend
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review: I was so excited to read this novel and once I started it I couldn't put it own. I love how Paige Toon has such a knack for sweeping you off to a new place and leaving all your worries behind. This time we are swept off to Cornwall for a little bit and then to Thailand, what more could we ask for? I still really felt so immersed in Paige Toon's writing, even though I wasn't necessarily somewhere exotic, it just must be the gift that she has!

I loved the fact that this novel features and
Sini
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I really should stop reading romance novels, since most of them just start annoying me by the middle-point of the book... Unfortunately, same happened with The Last Piece of My Heart.

I found the writing style, basic setting and characters all likeable and the first half was a fun, semi-light read, but then one twist pretty much ruined it for me, since it happened to be a personal pet-peeve of mine. (view spoiler)
Rosie Amber
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
The Last Piece Of My Heart is a contemporary romance. Bridget is a travel magazine writer and an aspiring novelist. Her synopsis for a book about her broken relationships is shelved by her agent, instead she's offered a ghostwriting job.

The author of a best selling contemporary romance died suddenly and never saw the popularity of her book. Its sequel was planned and Bridget is asked to step into the shoes of Nicole and complete the job. It entails her going to Cornwall to access all the author'

• In Case You Missed It
  • You're the One That I Want
  • Some Kind of Wonderful
  • Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1)
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, #8)
  • One in a Million
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • Our Stop
  • I Heart Forever (I Heart, #7)
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • About a Girl (A Girl, #1)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • Always With Love (Billy and Me, #2)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • The Switch
  • We Were On a Break
Paige Toon grew up between England, Australia and America and has been writing books set in sun-drenched locations around the world since 2007. She has written fourteen novels, a three-part spin-off for young adults and a collection of short stories. Her books have sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide. She loves hearing from her readers so get in touch via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @PaigeT ...more

News & Interviews

“The problem with giving your heart away to someone is that you never fully get it back. Long after you've fallen out of love with them, they still own a little piece of you. That's why first love is always the strongest: it's the only time you ever love wholeheartedly.” 3 likes
“How long does a person wait before they let go of the one they love?” 2 likes