Start by marking “Barrett & Ivan (Something About Him)” as Want to Read:
Barrett & Ivan (Something About Him)

Barrett & Ivan

(Something About Him #3)

Despite the curve balls thrown at him throughout his childhood, Barrett Kenner is now a successful musician. The only thing missing is romance.

Ivan Romanov killed a man to save his sister’s life. Although he has served his time, Ivan’s past left him with baggage far heavier than the meager belongings he carries out of prison.

Barrett clings to the memory of a fervent ki
Published August 25th 2016 by A.D. Ellis Publishing (first published August 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Barrett & Ivan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barrett & Ivan

Eugenia
Superfluff. Don’t mind the blurb, this book is all gooey sweetness. Yes, one of the MC’s spent ten brutal years in prison for murder. Yes, he has nightmares. But truly this was pure fluff with a 26 year old virgin, to boot.

I enjoyed it OK, but it was nothing very special. Lots of declarations of love. HEA. This is the first book I’ve read in this series, but I’m not sure I’ll read any others.
Ryane
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was provided by AD Ellis and read on behalf of Thorns & Ink.

This is the 3rd installment in this series. Does it get better, oh I hope so. All series do come to an end, and I hope Ms. Ellis gives us a few more before she does that. She hits on a few central themes in this book. Each tackled with grace and understanding.

When is a kiss just a kiss? When is a kiss promising the future? I like this take on the “big misunderstanding” theme. It really wasn’t a big misunderstanding so much
ButtonsMom2003
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Barrett is an orphan living with his homophobic grandfather. He meets Alexis (Lexi) when they attend the same homeschool group and they become best friends. Ivan is Lexi’s sister and he killed a man to protect her. As Ivan is being taken away by the police he kisses Barrett – much to Barrett’s surprise. During the ten years that Ivan is in prison all Barrett can think about is that kiss; what he doesn’t know is why Ivan kissed him and how much it affected him, too.

Although this book is #3 in the
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: MM Readers
Recommended to Twinsie Talk Angie J by: AD Ellis
4.5 but rounded up
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Barrett & Ivan by AD Ellis
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
I loved how this book begins!! An “innocent” kiss turn both Barrett and Ivan’s worlds upside down. Then we see the couple plus Ivan’s sister, Lexi, corresponding for the next 10 years while Ivan is in jail for murder.
When th
Felicia Eddy
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great one from AD Ellis.

Barrett has been in love with Ivan since he was 16 years old. Abandoned by his family he stays with Ivan and his sister Lexi and when Ivan is sent to prison for murdering his sister's abuser Ivan lays a kiss on him he will never forget. Now 10 years later Barrett and Lexi are roommates waiting for the day Ivan gets released from prison. The question for Barrett is what does the kiss mean to Ivan because to Barrett it meant everything.
Ivan just wanted to survive pr
Jennifer Reilley
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

What can I say, this is the second book by A.D. Ellis that I have read and loved,

Ivan is 20 hrs old when he is sent to prison for actions in saving his sisters life.

Barrett is Ivan's sister, Lexi, best friend. He is left to care for himself and Lexi while Ivan is away

10 years go by and Ivan returns home to rebuild his life, find love, and build his family

I loved this book. The realization of who you love and how to move on. A little surprise,
Sarah Strawinski
I'm not really a fan of the male/male genre but the way that AD writes it I can't stop reading it. It also makes me rethink not being a fan of the genre. I don't understand a lot of what goes on in the hot scenes but they are really hot scenes that make it hard to put the book down.
I love all of A.D's books and will read anything she writes, that's why I gave the m/m genre a try. I'm going to give this book 5 stars and tell y'all that you really need to give this book and the whole series a try.
Eleanor
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AD Ellis writes easy to read, lovely flowing books and this is no exception. The characters are well formed, their interactions are real and witty. The storyline glides along nicely, a bit of drama peppered in, but no angst or heartache.
Her books always feel 'real' to me, like I'm a fly on the wall.
Enjoyable and recommended.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Kathy Boone
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED Barrett & Ivan's story. Barrett after living through a crappy childhood and then living the next 10 years waiting for his "one" Ivan after spending 10 years in prison protecting his sister still has Barrett on his mind. i love the connection of Barrett and Ivan after 10 years apart. there are twists and turns then keep you wondering what is going to happen next. Barrett and Ivan are my favorite.....for now.
Allison
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. Ivan and Barrett go on such an amazing journey to get to their happiness. I couldn't put this book down. Great characters, great story, so well written. I would highly recommend this book. A definite must read. I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
DC
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet and heartwarming. I really loved Ivan. In spite of what horrible things life threw at him, he still comes out a loveable darling of a man. For some reason, it took me a little bit to warm up to Barrett, not quite sure why, but I eventually got there. I thought the revelation and resolution to the big DKR drama was curious and I’m not sure it really added anything. Nicely done epilogue wraps things up on a promising HEA.
If the author were to consider a 7th book to this series or a spi
J.J. Ellis
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and intricate

This story was sweet and intricate in the way it dealt with the psychological issues caused by Ivan's past. The characters were multi level and easy to fall in love with. And the plot was just off sides enough to keep me reading. I really enjoyed this installment of the series.
Ramona
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like Ivan and Bare there story was a little hard due to Ivan having to go to prison, and being away from them for so long. Then with them trying to make a legit life here come someone else making unnecessary trouble, however love wins in the end........
Richard
At first I thought this M/M Romance was short on character development but it was just a late bloomer. Like most romances, it doesn't present a particularly realistic situation but it is nevertheless an enjoyable read.
Kel
Sep 01, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Dnf. The characters act and speak like women but with male names.
M.J. Nightingale
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read’

I am never disappointed by this author. She always tells a great story with great characters. I’m glad Ivan and Barrett got their HEA.
Shirley (Secret Squirrel)
I did a lot of skipping ahead with this book. It dragged something awful.
Elaine
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WONDERFUL STORY

I enjoyed this story, I loved the characters. It was well written, and had a great storyline. Can't wait to read others in series.
Lisa
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I just wasn’t into the story. It seemed too superficial and everything just too easy. Fluff with no bite.
Faye Kennedy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
A good book by Ms Ellis, this has me glued from page one.
This is a story of Ivan and Barrett as they fought thee ol age of time.
As Ivan was being lead away to jail for killing, he took a desperate kiss from Barrett, begging him to care for his sister. Barrett was 4 years younger than Ivan's 20 at the time. Charged to care for Alexis with a secret location they would wait til Ivan's free even if it took years.
After 10 years Ivan is coming home. Barrett being a musician and Lexi a writer they l
Geoff
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
My Recommendation: Stay away, or better yet go support an author that clearly has their work beta read and copy edited. I mean you could find the sex scenes and read those, they're okay, but your time is wasted on anything else. I'll forget everything about these books and characters within days of finishing and that's been the case with all three of her books in this series so far.

My Response: And we've gone off the deep end. We've jumped the shark. And any other number of references you can th
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Yet another book I couldn't put down , I'm a sucker for a happy ending and this book didn't disappoint.
Lisa1269
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I loved you even when I thought there was no way for my dreams to come true.”
I really enjoyed Ivan and Barrett’s journey, they come so far from that first epic kiss that changes everything for both of them. Separated when Ivan was imprisoned for killing his sister’s abuser, Barrett was left with more questions than answers, pining for Ivan until they’re reunited 10 years later. Ivan’s initial struggles with the lingering effects of the trauma he endured in prison struck me, as did how committed
Sydney Hopke
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story in her Something About Him series! From when Ivan kisses Barrett until Barrett makes him realize that the grown up him wants him and only him, this book gives the reader a great story to read! Ivan meant the kiss to be what puts him in the right section while in prison and for Barrett it only deepened his crush. When Ivan gets out of prison he finally admits to his feelings for Barrett and that's the beginning of their love story. But as with all great love stories their path ...more
Karen Szakelyhidi
Absolutely loved this book, the character's, the angst, the sex appeal, Barrett & Ivan are yummy!! Could not put it down read it in one sitting!!! It's that good!!! Awesome, awesome book!!!

Despite the curve balls thrown at him throughout his childhood, Barrett Kenner is now musician. The only thing missing is romance.

Heather Rawlins
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Barrett and Ivan’s story. It started when they were young and left us wondering until ten years later. I liked Barrett’s steadfastness and belief in Ivan. Ivan’s personality shifted as expected after prison and I liked that he was more open. It was a sweet story starting mostly in letters and then we got to meet them in person.
I loved that it was a story about them and there were few secondary characters and the only one that stands out is Ivan’s sister Lexi who was very likable.
Marie Mckenney
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book by A.D.

Barrett and Ivan knew each other since they were young. They were like brothers along with Ivan's sister. Ivan went to jail for ten years for killing his sister's abusive boyfriend. Barrett and Lexi stayed living together throughout this time. During this time Barrett couldn't stop thinking of Ivan. When Ivan got out, Lexi and Barrett had had successes. Ivan moved in with them. The emotions and love came out. This was an awesome book filled will laughter, tears, love
T Van
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barrett has loved Ivan forever. Ivan kissed him, once, before either of them knew what was in store. Fast-forward a decade, and Ivan, just home from prison, is trying to make a life with the people he left behind- his sister, and the boy, now man, he once kissed.

The story flows. It is sweet and tender, and these men say some of the most heart-tugging things to each other. Lexi was hard to love through most of the book, and I got very irritated with their decision to override Barrett's wishes. Bu
Paisleyrowan
I love, love, loved this book. The various forms of devotion and acceptance and love and loyalty...ker-thlump goes my heart!
Was the story rather predictable, as most of the stories in this series are? yes. But that doesn't detract from the writing or the enjoyment from them, really. I know it sounds wrong and counterintuitive, but I promise I'm telling the truth.
Mae Hanley
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: same-sex
I enjoyed the story. The characters are flawed as we all are, which is always nice to read.
I did get a little annoyed at the constant reference to the 10 years spent in prison, over and over, and over again.
Worth the read.

• Slip (Low Blow, #2)
  • Well-Tailored (Thorne and Dash)
  • Vessel (Cutting Cords #2)
  • A Good Vintage
  • A Demon's Heart (Demons Hearts #1)
  • Pushing Reset
  • Things Happen That Way (Mann of my Dreams, #2)
  • Heart of Stone
  • Kiss and Ride
  • Double Cross (Doubleback Book 3)
  • Such a Dance
  • Mapping the Forest (Rocky Mountain Boys, #1)
  • The Legend of the Apache Kid
  • Above All Else
  • Seti's Heart
  • Graceland
  • His Needs
  • Close to You (Sunshine and Happiness, #3)
A.D. Ellis is an Indiana girl, born and raised. She spends much of her time in central Indiana as an instructional coach/teacher in the inner city of Indianapolis, being a mom to two amazing school-aged children, and wondering how she and her husband of nearly two decades haven't driven each other insane yet. A lot of her time is also devoted to phone call avoidance and her hatred of cooking.
She l

Something About Him (6 books)
  • Bryan & Jase (Something About Him, #1 )
  • Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)
  • Braeton & Drew (Something About Him, #4)
  • Ryker & Gavin (Something About Him, #5)
  • Kade & Cameron (Something About Him, #6)