Start by marking “Love and Gravity” as Want to Read:
Love and Gravity

Love and Gravity

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  628 Ratings  ·  156 Reviews
In this unforgettable novel for fans of One Day and The Time Traveler’s Wife, a young Isaac Newton falls in love with a girl living in modern-day San Francisco, defying the laws of physics to forge a seemingly impossible connection.

Andrea Louviere is seven years old the first time he appears. While she’s alone in her bedroom, practicing her beloved cello, the light shivers
Published February 7th 2017 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Love and Gravity, please sign up.
Samantha Sotto Hi Amanda! The print edition is currently only available in the Philippines (and Turkey at a later date) . In the US, It will be made available to…moreHi Amanda! The print edition is currently only available in the Philippines (and Turkey at a later date) . In the US, It will be made available to Once Upon A Bookclub subscribers in a couple of weeks. You may want to check that option out. Thank you for your interest in Love and Gravity! I hope you find a way to get your hands on the book. 😊

Best,
Sam(less)

Emer
What is great love?
Is it a thunderous storm in your heart?
Or a gentle whisper to soothe your soul?
How much love is one heart capable of?

I don't have the answers to these questions but this book goes a long way to shining a light on the possibilities of love; of opening your heart and believing in the endlessness of love.

If you can let yourself believe for an instant that it could be possible to fall in love across the centuries, to fall in love through moments and through letters, then this b
Dana

Perhaps time traveling romances are risky after the huge success of “The Time Travelers Wife”. It is hard not to compare every subsequent book following the same gimmick to the original. I did like this story, it was interesting to have the old timey love interest be a famous character from the past. It was a nice quirk.

However I found this novel to be chock full of purple prose and while I have no problem with it in moderation, the amount that was in this story was a little too much for me,whi
aysegwn
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Artık her bulduğum kitabı indirmekten vazgeçmeliyim.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I had hoped that this book would enthrall me as much as The Time Traveler's Wife did, unfortunately, I just couldn't find the book to be as good. I don't read much romance, but this time-travel romance between a modern girl and Isaac Newton caught my attention and as I just love time-travel stories did I feel the need to read this book. Also, the cover is absolutely stunning!

As for the story, it has its ups and downs, it started off interesting, but somewhere around halfway through did I find
The Lit Bitch
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is something about time travel books that hold a place near and dear to my heart!

I guess it’s because I love the thought of me myself being able to just fall into a new time period. I think it’s romantic and exciting so whenever new books come up with time travel as a theme, I am almost always on board with reviewing them.

I don’t know much about Isaac Newton but I thought this book sounded compelling and I was anxious to review it based on the time travel component.

This book is marketed to
Christiana
A wonderful book for escaping!!! Delicious!!
Moriah
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has been on my TBR since I discovered that it existed. When I saw Once Upon A Book Club Box chose it as their book of the month for May, I knew I had to have it. Opening the gifts made reading the book more exciting, but the book is beautiful on its own.

Andrea Louviere knew the violin almost better than she knew herself. Her father pushed her, seeing a rich and vibrant talent, from a young age, and her mother held her talent against her. Andrea saw the world differently than others di
Ali (the bandar blog)
Visit my beautiful blog! (You know you want to: the bandar blog)

A few brief thoughts on the novel (May's "Once Upon a Book Club Box" pick):

- This book has been discussed as kind of like the Time Traveler's Wife, and like that novel, the mystery of the time travel gripped me the most. I wanted to figure out why everything was happening in the order it was happening, and how it was all going to resolve! The ending was quite a page turner as everything unfolded. (Though I will say the big plot reve
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Milena
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an ARC of Love and Gravity from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Love and Gravity is an utterly romantic and sweet story about modern girl and musical prodigy Andrea who falls in love with famous Isaac Newton across time and space. The author did a very good job to get time travel aspect to work. It doesn't always work in books if it is not thought through or explained well but it was very well done in Love and Gravity. I loved how all the mysteries and el ...more
Julianna
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Love and Gravity is a standalone by Samantha Sotto.

I don’t even know where to begin. Love and Gravity was an amazing and magical read. After reading the synopsis, I knew that I would fall in love with Andrea and Isaac. And I was right. Samantha Sotto did a fantastic job not only constructing this beautiful story, but giving two perspectives. I really love the unique angle she brings to life between the two characters. To understand, you’ll just have to experience the story yourself.

I highly re
Donna
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was captivated by Samantha Sotto's first book - Before Ever After - so when I found out she had another book publishing soon, I was beyond excited. She has great characters and refreshingly original plots.

The story-line of Love and Gravity kept me turning pages and asking more questions ... how, why, who, when .. and things were turned around and answers given in a perfect way.

Just like Before Ever After, I can see myself re-reading this and finding something new each time.

Thanks to NetGalley
mar
Mar 05, 2017 marked it as need
Time travel plus romance plus my boy Newton? Gimme.
Autumn
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
Andrea Louviere was destined to play the cello. Her father, a celebrated concert cellist, made sure of that. He taught her how focus her exceptional talent and about just how much power that music really has.
Even he couldn’t have imagined just how true his lesson would prove to be.
One day while practicing, her music opens a crack in her wall to reveal a beautiful boy with a smile that she can never forget. And so begins her desperate search for a way to see him again.

A mysterious man suddenly ap
Tiffany
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Usually, I can go through a book in a day or 2. This is because 3 quarters of the time, the books are just very hard to put down (and other times, it is because I took up speed reading when I was a child. I kid you not). However, there are also books that I take longer to read. Not because I find it dull or anything. Au contraire. I take time because the emotions that are triggered by pivotal moments in a story demand to be felt. So I read slowly, and I feel.

For the past 35 years that I have bee
Heidi
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this strange, sweet novel about star-crossed lovers separated by circumstance and time.

Andrea is a cello prodigy who accidentally composes a song that opens a crack between her room in present day San Francisco and Isaac Newton's childhood bedroom in the 1600s. Did I just say Isaac Newton? Why yes, I did. It's weird but just go with it.

Love and Gravity tells a coming of age story as Andrea wrestles with her connection to the stranger in a crack in her wall and the people she loves he
Lovelene Pearl
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
INTENSE REVIEW COMING UP!!!!!!! (Just.wow.) https://thesetrappedwords.wordpress.c...
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
"Isaac and Andrea's connection was a natural law, greater than any he had ever discovered: unbreakable, timeless, and absolute. It had bound their hearts just as gravity married the earth to the moon."

I am not a man of science, nor am I of mathematics. Who knew that Fibonacci sequence, fluxion, and law of gravity, fused with music, can turn into a beautiful magic?

This is a fictional story of Isaac Newton and his only one, Andrea Louviere. A tale that will never be told in any of our history book
Arousa
I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did.

In the present day, Andrea is a cello prodigy, who at the age of seven, composes a song that opens a crack between her bedroom wall and Isaac Newton's bedroom in 1600's, and eventually falling in love with one another across time.

Yes. Isaac Newton. It's weird but it explained a lot.

Love & Gravity was beautifully written. I loved how the author had done her research, making the whole plot come full circle in such a beautiful way. Samantha S
Bian
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Sotto is definitely a mistress of time! She spins a love story that builds and bends the laws of motion and human emotions. It's easy to fall in love with her thought process; this novel allows the reader to enter a parallel universe (and maybe live in it, haha) where love manipulates time and space.

Kathleen Gray
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a must for fans of Time Travelers Wife and the Outlander series. If you like novels where an implausible couple- in this case a modern American cellist and Issac Newton- cross the time space continuum, then this is for you. I especially liked that Andrea was very well rounded; despite how odd the situation was, she always came across as very real. Newton seems an unlikely love interest but oh, how wonderful this story is. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. This is beautifully written and e ...more
Grethel Ulang
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I going to be objective and although “Before Ever After” remains to be my favorite, I’m rating this one a notch higher. Stories about time travel can be so complicated but Samantha was able to tell it neatly and beautifully with precision. There’s an element of suspense at the end of some chapters that will keep you turning the page and made me finish it in less than three days. Isaac Newton was interestingly reinvented without altering the facts that history told. And since others are comparing ...more
Michelle
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
This is a beautiful story weaving music, math, science, and time travel with love, family, and destiny. I am not sure my review could do it justice.

Andrea has cello music in her blood. At the age of 7 while playing, she opens a wall into the room of a young Isaac Newton. The song doesn't always work. Eventually, she is visited by a mysterious old man named Oscar Ian Westin. He bring her letters that Isaac wrote to her. These letters are riddles as to things that will happen. Interwoven is how An
Jennifer Ritter
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Love and Gravity is the second novel by Filipino author Samantha Sotto. This story intertwines the stories of Andrea Louviere and Isaac Newton. Andrea is of the twentieth century, Isaac is of the seventeenth century but their young unhappy lives become meshed when she is only 7, he is 9. Andrea is a cellist prodigy playing music that seems out of this world. In fact, the resonance of her music has created a split in time and space such that Andrea and Isaac find each other when both need a frien
Sophie
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Netgalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

This book will make your heart melt and hurt and you will love it.

There’s something quite magical about this story. The plot itself, first, which is original and gripping. The idea of time-travel is not new in literature, yet Samantha Sotto manages to give it a fresh twist by allowing two time periods to meet in the most special and original way. Second, I’ve always loved the inclusion of real-life figures into fiction, and while I don’t know much
Elizabeth
LOVE AND GRAVITY is beautifully written. I was completely enchanted by the whimsical story-telling. This is, in the true essence of the word, a romance. Not just of love, but of life and passion. It's reminiscent of The Time Traveler's Wife novel, but with a voice of its own.

The story is fictional, but I almost believed, or hoped really, that Isaac Newton was capable of such fierce passion. All the characters have so much depth and emotion. I experienced so many feelings and emotions as well. Wh
Kathy Ginocchio
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Being a huge fan of Before Ever After, I was so looking forward to this book! I am pleased as punch not to have been disappointed! Bravo, Ms. Sotto! I admit I am a sucker for time travel romance - not sure why, but something about them just speaks to my soul. They can sometimes be gimmicky though, so to pull one off like this is awesome! The story of Isaac and Andrea, starting as young children, captivated me, and wasn't at all creepy! it kept me spellbound til the last page and I loved how all ...more
Kay Pflueger
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I watched the movie "Somewhere in Time" I have been intrigued by the concept of time travel. I was excited to be given an ARC copy of this book through Net Galley and was not disappointed.

Andrea first encounters Isaac while playing her cello... a crack appears in the wall of her room and she spies him sitting in his room. Their encounters happen similarly through the years and their fascination for each other grows with each encounter. The author did a great job of moving from the pas
Michele
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

Love and Gravity was a work of fiction that combined romance and time travel, bending space and time to bring two people together against all odds. Creative and heartfelt, this novel captured my imagination and my heart with ease.

‘Isaac and Andrea’s connection was a natural law, greater than any he had ever discovered: unbreakable, timeless, and absolute. It had bound their hearts just as gravity married the earth to the moon.’

Author Samantha Sotto certainly gave us reade
Buffyanna
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This was wondrous! A sweet, intellectual romance. One of the most beautiful love stories I have read this year! It is full of longing and anticipation, hope and inevitability.

A young Isaac Newton falls in love with Andrea, a girl from modern day San Francisco. How is this possible? Time is not linear. It is a ribbon that bends back and forth; and sometimes, a bridge can be formed between time points that will allow the exchange of thoughts, of gifts, and much more. It takes a musical prodigy (An
Around the Year i...: Love and Gravity, by Samantha Sotto 4 15 May 27, 2017 07:18AM
In an alternate universe, I am Dr. Who's faithful companion, traveling through time with him and constantly rearranging furniture on the TARDIS. In this one, I'm a professional daydreamer, a wife, and a mom to two not-so-little humans and a Golden Retriever named Tennant. Oh, and yeah, I also write books.
More about Samantha Sotto

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“History is what men choose to remember. Truth is what a man cannot forget.” 1 likes
“Andrea’s” 0 likes