Start by marking “Myths of the Mirror (Dragon Soul Quartet #1)” as Want to Read:
Myths of the Mirror (Dragon Soul Quartet #1)

Myths of the Mirror

(Dragon Soul Quartet #1)

In the distant mountains of the Mirror, exiled skyriders fly dragons in the old Way, merged in flesh, blood, and bone. Twenty years past, they fought for the freedom of the valley’s dragons … and lost.

Imprisoned in the stone lair, the captive dragons beat their webbed wings and thrash serpentine tails. They tear their flesh and batter their bodies against the black bars
Published August 19th 2016 by D. Wallace Peach (first published April 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Myths of the Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Myths of the Mirror

Colleen M. Chesebro
After I finished reading D. Wallace Peach’s The Rose Shield Series, I found myself bereft, desiring more of her storying. A visit to her Amazon Author page gave me everything I needed. I was thrilled to find her first series, Dragon Soul Quartet and couldn’t wait to dive right in.

The Myths of the Mirror, Book One, is a haunting tale of resplendent dragons, exhilarating magic, and how the myths of the people from Taran Leigh and the Mirror intertwine and intersect. Their myths become
Gigi Sedlmayer
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can Man and Dragon become one? Can they fly without harness, without anything and still not fall off?
Try and be one with the Dragon.
Brilliantly written, so you can fly
Devyn
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Goodreads.
It is undeniable how much care, thought, and work was put into Myths of the Mirror. Its clearly felt with every word read. And that's saying something- this book is thick. 500 pages thick. Definitely not a bad thing if you don't mind a commitment. Also don't be surprised when your favorite dragon is small, lame, and spoiled. The Trag will win your heart. And so will the Droom. Those two are my favorite in this immense and detailed world.
I'm sorry to sa
Adrienne
Got this through Good Reads Giveaways its a beautifully written fantasy book, it was a bit slow at times. I really felt a connection with the characters and enjoyed reading this book!!!
William Stuart
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn’t like dragons? For me, a fantasy novel with dragons will always have a place on my TBR list! When I received the recommendation for Myths of the Mirror (Dragon Soul Quartet #1) I added it to my list. Here is my review!

Synopsis (from the author):

Imprisoned in the
Jack Graham
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Sojourner
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Myths of the Mirror by D. Wallace Peach is a fascinating work of epic fantasy spanning nearly 600 pages in which humans ride dragons bareback in a beautiful union, the likes of which one seldom finds. This novel takes you on a journey to an incredibly stunning world superbly conceived by Peach and populated by characters both good and bad, leaving you animated to the very last page.

In this ambitious tale, author D. Wallace Peach spins an extraordinary story about Teresa and Conall, a
Grant Handgis
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All fiction and fantasy readers
Recommended to Grant by: Another reader
Diana Peach’s fantasy story “Myth of The Mirror” is a wonderful story of life in a simple township of historical lore, with skyriders of the Mirror who have the heart, and myth to call down dragons in a merging of rider and dragon into a single cohesive union. The story is a beautifully woven tale that leaves the reader anticipating the next twist to the tale, page after page. The voice of the story carries the reader along effortlessly, using rich description and luscious metaphor.

D
Leandra Martin
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characterswere good, I especially liked Gae, she reminded me of my best friend. I also liked Torin a lot too. The story itself was good, you could see the change Conall experienced between his first life and his new life at the Mirror. I think the way the author subtly described the life in the Mirror as simple, with community, friendship and sharing as the focus. It's what we all wish
this world could be. Usually the story goes from peaceful to upheaval to peaceful again,
but the author did
Christoph Fischer
This is a magical and deep running, epic story with wonderful heroes, dragons, adventure and romance that will no doubt entertain and please all fans of the fantasy genre. The book however is so much more and works on a deeper level about finding oneself and believing and fighting for the good in the world and for justice. An epic, the story is only the beginning of a promising series.
Well-developed characters hit home great messages about human nature: power, greed, true love and keep us
N.W. Moors
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Myths of the Mirror is a lovely fantasy novel with a carefully built world of beauty, both in the valley of Taran Leigh and in the mountains of the Mirror. The only dark place is the lair of the dragons, but it is necessary to show how the Belonging and the Way make everything else so lovely.
Conall's growth throughout the story is mirrored by Treasa's and justifies their love in the end. The secondary characters are interesting and the evils of coin clearly laid out. This is the second of D. Wa
Melissa ownsbey
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
first let me say the art work on the cover
was very beautiful
the story was great I enjoyed the
story with all its magical dragons
the story had lots of details that some storys don't
in mymind I could see the dragons the places and people as if they were standing in front of me
I got lost in the story as I was reading it
it as a wonderful story
this book gets 5 stars plus from me
I hope everyone gets a chance to read this book it
will not disapp
Stephanie
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from D. Wallace Peach. This book is a great fantasy, this book is a wonderfully written. The plot is very interesting and overall Myths of the Mirror is fun read! The characters (and dragons) develop as the story develops. I was very pleased with this book, I am looking forward to reading more of D. Wallace Peach’s books in the near future!
Aviar Savijon
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Myths of the Mirror

A grand story told wonderfully in this book of fantasy. Skywriters forever! This is a must read the characters grow on you more reach page you read. I simply loved it.
Angela Oliver
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written, if a bit slow at times. I really felt a connection with the characters, and enjoyed sharing their life experiences with them. It would have been nice to see the dragons given more personality - maybe in the second book.

Overall, masterfully written.
Barbara Faught
Sep 15, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Jun 10, 2015
Lori Grace
Mar 24, 2015
D. Peach
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alli Vaughan
Crastinator
Oct 07, 2019

• The Sound of His Horn
  • Bullets of Palestine
  • The Argentina Rhodochrosite (An Ainsley Walker Gemstone Travel Mystery)
  • The Celibate Mouse (Susan Prescott #2)
  • Violent Exposure (Detective Ella Marconi #4)
  • Promising Azra
  • Promise (Darian Richards, #1)
  • A Devious Mind (Dusty Kent Mysteries #2)
  • Swimming With Sharks (DI Gillian Marsh, #1)
  • The Trojan Dog
  • Brak the Barbarian (Brak the Barbarian, #1)
  • Coral Sea Affair (Ben Hood Thriller, #1)
  • River Rats
  • Indelible Scars
  • Strange Toys
  • Deceits of Borneo (Mac Ambrose #2)
  • The Spiders of Halros (The Arros Chronicles, #1)
  • Storm Rising (Storm Thriller #1)
I didn’t care for reading as a child – I preferred Bonanza and Beverly Hillbillies reruns, Saturday morning cartoons and the Ed Sullivan show. Then one day, I opened a book titled The Hobbit.

Tolkien … literally changed my life.
I love to write. It’s a luxury I never expected I’d have time for – life got in the way. You know how that goes – kids, work, chores… sleep. I worked for 1

Dragon Soul Quartet (4 books)
  • Eye of Fire (Dragon Soul Quartet #2)
  • Eye of Blind (Dragon Soul Quartet, #3)
  • Eye of Sun (Dragon Soul Quartet, #4)