Start by marking “Beyond This Moment” as Want to Read:
Beyond This Moment

Beyond This Moment

Inside Jacket cover:
"...Romance and a good love story....
..Clean, moral living is the true road to prompt as well as lasting popularity which brings not only ultimate happiness but unspeakable joy to those who weather the storms of life with honesty, integrity, faith and prayer. The purpose of this book is to lend courage to all those who try to see beyond a heartache to
Published 1977 by Seventies Mission Bookstore, Provo Utah

To ask other readers questions about Beyond This Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond This Moment

Debby
Janey leaves her Utah Mormon home to stay with inactive relatives in CT to recover from the death of her fiancé Kip, 3 days before their wedding. She meets non-member Kelly Devereaux and they fall in love, get engaged, break it off, get re-engaged.

This is a semi-reasonably good book if you're Mormon. Sealy uses lots of Mormon terms. It's sentimentalized and idealized especially at the end. I think Mormon fiction has rom for improvement if this is typical of the genre. (written in 1978 when the g
Kimberly
Aug 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my ALL TIME FAVS!!!! I know parts of it can be cheesy... but I can't help but love it!!!! My mom got the book as a young teenager after it first came out. When I became a young teenager she pasted it down to me. I've read it at least once a year since then!!!! It helped me to always keep my head up and know that happy endings can be possible!!!!!
Freyja Vanadis
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hopelessly dated, hopelessly preachy. I was given this book as a Christmas gift in probably 9th grade, and I loved it back then because I was still very Mormon. But I was still uncomfortable at how preachy the author is, especially when it comes to women being subservient to men. And reading it now makes me offended to my very core.
Amber Spencer
Jul 19, 2009 rated it it was ok
I have heard a lot about this author (maybe from just living in Utah?) and thought I'd give it a shot. The book wasn't horrible, but just very dramatic, and a bit too mormon-cheesy for my taste. (And I'm sure the age of the book doesn't help much either!)
Oh, well...now I know!
Mary Lou
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Great love story of one who overcomes struggles.

Once you make friends with pain, your pain works for you and not against you.

When one is converted he gains knowledge very rapidly and sometimes passes those who have had the truth around them all their lives.
Jen Jenson
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I read this, I really liked this book... I was 16.

As far as LDS Authors, I am not a fan. Even back as a teenager. However, I remember liking Shirley Sealy. I haven't dared re-read them, as I enjoy the small happy memories I have of her books.
Erika
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was written by a Mormon author,so naturally I KNEW it was going to be good! And my mom recommended it to me...I couldn't stop reading!
Diane Ward
loved it!!!
Wendy
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Charming, a sweet love story, but predictable.
Laurie
Apr 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and it showed that good, moral, relationships ARE possible!
Abbie Butcher