Start by marking “Against the Wind, Season 2, Episode 1 (Rising Storm)” as Want to Read:
Against the Wind, Season 2, Episode 1 (Rising Storm)

Against the Wind, Season 2, Episode 1 (Rising Storm #11)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Secrets, Sex and Scandals …

Welcome to Storm, Texas, where passion runs hot, desire runs deep, and secrets have the power to destroy… Get ready. The storm is coming.

As Tate Johnson works to find a balance between his ambitions for political office and the fallout of his brother’s betrayal, Zeke is confronted with his brother Chase’s return home. And while Bryce and Tara D
Published September 27th 2016 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Against the Wind, Season 2, Episode 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against the Wind, Season 2, Episode 1

Michelle
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 4686123557dc9f289f4b9aacbf8564_zpsh7w4mslh.gif

Ahhhhh...Second Season of Rising Storm has me all excited!! Rebecca Zanetti did an amazing job with this first episode,Against The Wind as she opened this second season with a big gust of D-R-A-M-A!! Yes, Tate Johnson is reeling mad after catching his girlfriend having an affair with his brother Tucker. And then on top of that drama, Dakota is still the center of the eye of the storm. She is still dealing with the fallout of her scandalous
Sandy S
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

AGAINST THE WIND is the first installment in Season Two of the multi-authored novella serial RISING STORM focusing on the people of Storm Texas-their loves, their lies, and their dark and dangerous secrets.

NOTE: Before reading RISING STORM Season two I highly recommend reading RISING STORM Season one where all of the major players and the original premise are revealed. With the large ensemble cast of characters there are many story lines that interconnect and cross over.

AGAINST THE WIN
Sara Miller
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is so good to be back with the residents of Storm, Texas. The midseason episodes left us with quite the tease so I was eagerly anticipating the beginning of this new season. Last season secrets were revealed and the shockwaves from those revelations are still reverberating through town.

Its been a month since Dakota let the Senator's secrets come to light and then the Rush family's retaliation against her has left her living back in the one place she has despised most . . . Living at home wit
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Shelf: ARC
Pages: 105
Rating: 5
Heat: 1

Thoughts: I am so ADDICTED to this series yet it’s so hard to write a review. The best way to explain it is like this… This is a written soap opera, many characters and lots of drama. Since there is no way to read this serial other than in order, it makes it hard to really say anything about it. I LOVE the story!! I hate drama in my life but man, I’ll watch it or read it and be
Ash P Reads
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Patty
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Zanetti starts off season 2 with a bang! With the Johnson brothers still at odds, Tate and Tucker have a very public altercation. Will this effect Tucker and Hannah? And will this hurt Tate's chance of being a successful politician? The return of Chase Johnson is throwing this family into the limelight too with the rocky relationships that he left behind years ago. We just need to see if he will be able to mend fences and understand why he suddenly came back. As this story hits the foref ...more
Jasmyn
Season two starts off with a bang, and the drama just keeps on coming. We see a lot more from Tate as he tries to find his place in the political arena. But his ongoing feud with his brother and his betrayal sends waves through his campaign that he may find hard to overcome.

There's just lots of cheating lately - some done on the sly, some done because they went about things in the wrong order. I'm really starting to dislike Travis and Bryce - I really need to seem something redeeming about them
Vagabonda Reads
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
When last we visited Storm, Texas, Marylee Rush had tracked down Hector Alvarez and set his return to Storm into motion . . .

Against the Wind by author Rebecca Zanetti is the title of Episode 1 of Season Two of the Rising Storm Series, but really, an alternate title could easily be Joanne Alvarez Finds Her Spine.

With her abusive husband supposedly out of the picture, Joanne takes control of her family and her life. Well, most of her family — her daughter, Dakota aka the Town Pariah, still hate
Franci Neill
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Thunder and Lightening Stars!!

Because all eight books in this second season are so intertwined, I'm writing an overall summary review for the entire season.

I'm IN LOVE with all eight of these books. It was so good to get back to Storm, Texas and all the shenanigans of its residents! Talk about things all coming together and ghosts from the past popping up again!

In Season Two we also get resolutions to some rather questionable decisions by some of the town's residents, Travis and Kristin.
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Thunder and Lightening Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

I didn't know what to expect with the series when I saw it was coming out, but being a huge fan of 1001 Nights I thought I would give it a try. Also, this season is written by some of my favorite paranormal authors so who am I to deny myself some drama.

Being that this is Season Two I do feel like I missed out on some things from Season One, that being said I was able to pick up on enough of where we are in time and some of the back-story pretty quickly. It felt kind of like catching up on your f
Michelle Austin
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

Rising Storm Season 2 was a great 5 star read.
I have not read Season one and I didn’t feel lost when I started reading Season 2. Although I would suggest reading Season one first if you can. These are stories of the residents of “Storm” where nothing is a secret and gossip is huge.

Against the Wind:
Tate Johnson is still recovering from the shock of betrayal from his brother and now ex-girlfriend. They end up in a fist fight in the middle of town, could thi
Lisa
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have to admit that I have not read Season One in this series. When I agreed to review Season Two books, I had not realized how much it was a continuation of Season One. So I was a little nervous when I began this book.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. Even though I had no idea what was going on, this author did such a wonderful job of explaining what had happened before that I was able to catch up with who was w
Stacey
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Season Two of Rising Storm is off to a good start! Dakota and her family are dealing with the aftermath of her announcement at the end of Season One. Her mother, Joanne, has gotten a job with Tate Johnson's political campaign. Tate is still angry with his brother, Tucker, and his ex, Hannah, for the affair they had. Kristin is still convinced Travis will leave his wife for her, but she puts pressure on him to do so, while Dillon finally makes his move on Joanne.

If you haven't read Season One alr
Tara Dorough
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rising Storm season 2 begins with Against the Wind episode 1 by Rebecca Zanetti. The story picks up where it left off during the summer mini episodes. The town Storm, Texas is still reeling from the death of Jacob Salt and Dakota Alvarez's tell all outburst at the Founder's Day celebration. In the episode we catch up with Bryce and Tara. They are still struggling with their sons Autism and now their daughter is acting out to get attention. The Johnson brothers actually come to blows over Hannah. ...more
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Season Two kicks off right where the midseason episodes left off, with Tate and Tucker still fighting over Hannah, Dakota and Ginny still on the outs with the townsfolk, and Joanne struggling to cope after being sacked by the Rushes. Although perhaps not as gripping as some of the previous episodes, this was a great way to set up some storylines for the future, in particular involving Joanne and Dillon, and newly returned Chase Johnson, brother of Zeke.

***Disclaimer: This e-ARC was provided to
Lynn Brooks
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Season 2, Episode 1 is chock full of drama as we rush to catch up with what has happened since the fallout from all of the secrets coming to light last season.

Tate Johnson sets out to find himself again after his brother's betrayal and as he signs on to start his political aspirations. His Dad is familiar with his own brother drama as his long lost brother Chase comes back to town unexpectedly.

Bryce Daniels and his family still struggle with how to handle his son's special needs while his sister
Mya
Shelves: arc
So this season starts off a month after the last book. A little bit about most characters are mentioned, which is a good refresher since the last books were a few months back. A couple characters hash out their problems in a physical way… which we all suspected was bound to happen, while other characters I think really need to take a look at their life… The pace of this book was good, it’s a lot of information to get going and revisit. I was happy to see some of my favourite characters again!

*I
Michelle Leigh
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am so excited to get the opportunity to read Rising Storm, Season two!

First, let me tell you, there is no need to worry about the "sophomore slump". All of the authors kicked this season out of the park!!!

In this "episode", we're still reeling from the drama, the secrets revealed, and the hearts broken. Our characters are trying their best to deal with the fall out and move on. There were times I wasn't sure if they'd be able to take that next step.

Loose ends are starting to be found and put
Isha Coleman
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Far reaching repercussions continue to blow through Storm. Thanks to Dakota, Ginny and Logan are on the rocks. A shocking discovery and betrayal continues to strain the bonds of brotherly love in the Johnson family. Tate and Tucker are at odds over Hannah. Zeke is forced to confront his past due to the return of his brother Chase. Abused by her husband and betrayed by her daughter, one woman discovers the power of her own strength. Against the Wind's central theme is inner strength. Rising out o ...more
Melinda
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay have to say sure what Tucker did to his own brother was bad. Problem is Tate never really loved Hannah only used her well as a trophy girl. His own life has been leading to politics and he is close. The love Tucker has for Hannah is real love and Tate has a hard time seeing this. Now Kristin I don`t like her at all in this book. I mean sure she has her issues but to entice a grieving father is wrong. Instead of helping him she is just making things worse for the Salts. All in all this is on ...more
Latifa Morrisette
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read season one so in reading season two I was afraid I was gonna be lost in what was happening. Thankfully that didn't happen you get a lot of back story while reading and it juicy.

Against the wind by Rebecca Zanetti opens up as a continuation of the last book of season one. Everyone from Dakota to Tate and Tucker are reeling from other consequences of the truths being revealed.

In reading this it feels like it could be like reading an episodic soap opera and I'm excited to read more
Terri
Wow. Ok. I received the Rising Storm books as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. To be honest I had never heard of this series before, but I'm absolutely hooked. It was a bit confusing at first for me since I hadn't read the season one books yet, but I quickly became engrossed in the lives of the people of Storm, Texas and all the intricacies of their relationships and their transgressions against each other. It really reads like one of those great old primetime soaps with all of the twist ...more
Rose
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the opening episode of season 2 we are reacquainted with characters who endeared us in the first season and also glimpse into those characters we love to hate.
Storm Texas seems to have its fair share of trouble continuously blowing in and this season has already begun with the winds of change for some and possibly the path of destruction for others.
It looks like season 2 will be just as engrossing as season 1 and looking forward to each new episode, the storylines and new characters.
Karen Roma
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As I live and breathe this series has me so addicted I can barely wait for each new instalment!

To be expected, the second season commences with a bang, and keeps the drama and angst coming from the very first page. Brothers at war over love and betrayal, the return of a lost soul and the continued struggle for a man of God when adversity is thrown in his path.

Life in Storm, Texas, is anything but dull!
Paulette
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Against the Wind is the latest installment of the Rising Storm series. I am a big fan of this series and was not disappointed in Season 2 of the series.
The Rising Storm series are set up kind of like a soap opera with scandal, sex, interesting characters, fights, drama. I read the book in a few hours and am looking forward to see what happens next to the characters.
Tammy Miller-devlin
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So worth the wait.

What a great way to start the second season off. It give you a look in to what has happened since the fall out from Dakota announced at the fair. Everyone is trying to find their place in Storm but also keep a distance away from Sebastian the senator. I love this story and how each book is an different author.
Diane Carlson
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great read

Wonderful , exciting. The anticipation of what happens next with all of the characters is killing me. There are so many individual stories all connecting one way or another, I find it difficult to stop reading to see what happens next. So many characters to love and to hate and yet still empathize with them. If this episode is like the first it will be amazing!
Sherry Bohrmueller
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book to start off the next part in this saga. What a great soap opera this makes. Definitely the perfect lead up to so much more to come. Love how the book was written, keeping you hooked from episode to episode.
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
Donna
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Season 2 opens with you guessed it more drama...everyone is still reeling from the fallout of Dakota's big announcement. Tate and Tucker are still fighting over Hannah even though she has made her choice. Joanne and Dillion are getting closer. Can't wait for the next episode.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.
More about Rebecca Zanetti

Rising Storm (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Tempest Rising (Rising Storm #1)
  • White Lightning (Rising Storm #2)
  • Crosswinds (Rising Storm #3)
  • Dance in the Wind (Rising Storm #4)
  • Calm Before The Storm (Rising Storm #5)
  • Take the Storm (Rising Storm #6)
  • Weather The Storm (Rising Storm #7)
  • Thunder Rolls (Rising Storm #8)
  • After the Storm (Rising Storm: Midseason #1)
  • Distant Thunder (Rising Storm: Midseason #2)