Start by marking “Come This Way” as Want to Read:
Come This Way

Come This Way

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A hiking and outdoor enthusiast, fifty-year-old Fern Conrad can’t imagine spending her time doing anything else, much to the dismay of her daughter, Colby.

Kara Dawson, a twenty-five-year-old student therapist, has shut life out to focus on her sister’s illness. That is, until a chance meeting pushes her to confront the possibilities—by letting go and moving forward.

Eighty
Paperback
Published October 21st 2016 by Michelle Schlicher

To ask other readers questions about Come This Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come This Way

Shabnam
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Synopsis :

Kara Dawson, a twenty-five-year-old student therapist, has shut life out to focus on her sister’s illness. That is, until a chance meeting pushes her to confront the possibilities – by letting go and moving forward.

Eighty-three-year-old Nettie Campbell heals in the hospital while facing the consequences of her actions. Can she repair
Ashley
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that this is my favorite of Michelle's books. I have read and love them all, but the style of this one differs from her other two. I love the different perspectives and how the stories turn out. The characters are well developed and I felt as if I really knew them. I promise that you will not be disappointed by this book!
Lauren - SERIESous Books
--Read my full review of the book at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

**I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

This book really surprised me; I knew I was going to enjoy it, but I didn't think it would touch me this much. Simply a beautiful story.

The format reminded me a lot of The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants: four completely different girls navigating the next phase of life. But here
Susan (The Book Bag)
Once again, Michelle has written another wonderful, touching story, a story that I could relate to in so many ways. Come This Way is basically three stories in one. There are three threads or storylines in the book and each chapter rotates through these different people's lives.

As I came to know and care about these characters, in the back of my mind I kept thinking - where is the author going with this, why are there these separate threads to the story? And then it all starts to come together a
Tiffany Giovino
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone!
This is the first book I've read by Michelle Schlicher. It's not normally a book I would pick up whilst shopping around the bookstore. But I was drawn in by what this book was about. Also, the cover is quite adorable ^.^

In the first chapter, we meet Colby and Fern. They have the typical modern mother-daughter relationship where they don't agree with things and argue about them. Almost everyone can relate to this, which is what hooked me to begin with. Fern goes about trying to mend their latest
Vandana
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first Michelle Schlicher book that I am reading and I would have easily missed this book had not the author emailed me a copy for review. I usually spend most of my time nose deep in classics such that I always miss the works of newer contemporary writers. Fortunately, blogosphere has helped a great deal in this regard by introducing me to the latest and the lesser known works of talented writers. Come This Way was no different. This simple yet beautiful book was so refreshing that i ...more
Jill
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Tenuous Relationships

The author takes a group of women and follows them through hardships and heartaches. The story jumps continuously back and forth between Fern, Colby, Kara, and Nettie. Although the author touches on sensitive situations and feelings, it lacks the angst found in well-developed characters. The repetitiveness and overuse of ellipses distracted from the story.

I was randomly chosen through a Goodreads Giveaway to receive this book free from the publisher. Although encouraged, I w
Donna
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. The author took complicated matters of the heart and told each story so well. Themes were the care and decision making involved when you have elderly parents, mom and daughter relationship and a twin who has a dying sister. However, the book was not overly dramatic or sad. It just made you take pause and think. The author has talent. I received this book a while ago from a goodreads giveaway and I am grateful for having the opportunity to read and enjoy it.
Karen Melnyk
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting storyline but thin in places. Could have used more editing.
Jamie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you've read The Blue Jay and Gracie's Song, then you will definitely not be disappointed by Come This Way.
One of my favorite things about reading books is when stories come together in the end. Michelle Schlicher's writing in Come This Way demonstrates three very powerful stories and intertwines them in a way that gives the reader a heartwarming experience. I started reading this book at 3 pm on a Friday at Newark airport and I didn't put it down until I boarded my plane at midnight.
The story
Kate (Beyond Bookish)
Find more reviews on my blog at https://beyondbookish.com

I was given Come This Way by the author for review purposes. This in no way affects my thoughts or opinions. All are my own!

After receiving this for review, I was very excited to read it! I enjoy reading many different genres (both YA and Adult) but haven’t read/reviewed much “women’s fiction” before. Normally, I find that these kinds of stories are often filled with flat characters, unrealistic scenarios and a lot melodrama. But, gladly,
Kimber
This is a trimmed down version of my review, to view the full review visit The Book Ramble.

Come This Way follows 3 plots that slowly entangle. Fern and her daughter Colby get lost in the woods while they are out attempting to reconnect before Colby moves across the country. Kara Dawson is about to lose her sister to cancer when she meets Eric and starts to fall in love – something she’s scared to do with Kate only we
Kate Puleo Unger
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Come This Way is a self-published contemporary women’s fiction novel. I’m not sure I’d ever read a self-published book before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. This book was amazing. It had parallel story lines with multiple characters that all come together at the end. It focuses on all different kinds of love and has a sort of Love, Actually feel to it.

Fern, a hiking enthusiast, and her twenty-something daughter Colby get lost in the woods. Their cell phones don’t work, and they have limited s
Patricia Alferez
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Come This Way in exchange for an honest review.

This is a shortened version of my review. Read the full review at acciolibri.wordpress.com

Come This Way is the first book I have read from Michelle Schlicher. Women’s fiction is my go-to genre if I don’t feel like reading heavy stories with intense emotions. Come This Way tugged on some strong emotions I wasn’t expecting but I was glad it did.

It follows the story of three strong-willed women: Fern, Kara and Nettie. Each characte
Mary
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book that I heave read by this author. Throughly enjoyed this book.
Kelli Enos
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As with her other two novels, Michelle wrote another book I just couldn't put down! The book starts introducing you to Fern and Colby. They are the typical mother/daughter duo who don't see eye to eye on everything but work to keep their relationship strong. Next, you meet Kara who struggles to balance life with dealing with a sister who is ill and trying to be there for her as much as possible. Finally, you meet Nettie. Nettie is an elderly woman stuck in her ways but wanting to have a better r ...more
Cactusreadsbooks
(this is not the whole review. The full review will be on cactusreadsbooks.wordpress.com!)

Wow. Just wow. I finished this beauty about an hour ago and just wow. The amazing Michelle Schlicher contacted me and asked if I would review this and let me just say that it was one of my favorite reads of 2016! I don't normally enjoy the more characterization-based books because I am a plot-driven person, but this was an extraordinary book. I could relate to all of the characters, and I am in love with Ka
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Come This Way follows the story of Nettie, Fern, and Kara as they are forced to face some of the most difficult situations in their lives. This book is heart warming and reassuring story about how even when things seem impossibly difficult, we can make it through.

I absolutely loved Nettie and think she was my favorite character throughout the entire book. Even in her old age she is a feisty lady who loves adventure and still carries a torch for her Richard. I hope one day I can experience a love
Lynn Soatrin
Dec 12, 2016
Gwen Cooke
Jan 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
MICHELLE SCHLICHER is the author of the novels The Blue Jay, Gracie’s Song and Come This Way. She lives outside of Des Moines with her husband and two children. You can follow her on Instagram @michelleschlicher.
More about Michelle Schlicher

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Name of the Family
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth Avenue Artists Society
  • All That's Left of Me
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Labyrinths (New Directions Paperbook)
    $15.95 $2.99
  • The Year We Left Home
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Whip
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Written on the Body
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Dragon's Teeth (The Lanny Budd Novels)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)