Start by marking “Power Bottom?” as Want to Read:
Power Bottom?

Power Bottom?

Can a pickup line from a stranger completely change the way an ordinary man sees himself?

Adrian wouldn’t have thought so, but after an ugly breakup where his self-esteem took a serious beating, he’s willing to try just about anything to repair the damage… even return to a secluded bar in rural Maryland and the intriguing stranger whose words have been on his mind since the
Published September 19th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Power Bottom?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Bottom?

BWT (Belen)
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

Nick J. Russo does not disappoint!

Power Bottom? has enjoyable narration with great character voices and spot-on pacing. I have yet to find an audiobook narrated by Russo that wasn’t a treat to listen to.

Audio review has been cross-posted at Gay Book Reviews.
**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

Told from both Adrian and Wyatt's POV the story centers around their relationship, Adrian's job and life issues, and the mystery surrounding Wyatt.

I enjoyed it.

I thought the pacing was great. The story opens wi
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Please note - I feel the title of this book is a bit misleading. I almost didn’t mark it “to be read” solely because of it. If you think you’re gonna get some kind of bdsm, kinky story, you’re gonna be disappointed. And the MC as some empowered bottom? That isn’t or doesn’t happen either. What you will get instead, is an underdog kind of guy finding his worth with the helpful hand that only love can provide. I know, total schmaltzy sentiment right there, but it is what it is.

Poor Adrian
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Liked this one. The mystery was lame but I really liked Wyatt and Adrian together. I love when the geek gets his guy. Adrian truly deserved his HEA after his nippledick ex. Good riddance to that fucker.
Jaime
Warning: This review is NSFW and May be Offensive - Be warned

This story starts out with two men, Adrian and his boyfriend, broken down stranded in the mountains near a roadside bar that doesn’t look too friendly. Adrian figures he is about to enter biker heaven and may never be seen again. Little do they know they are by Deer Park – a gay bar deep in the mountains of Maryland? It couldn’t be, could it? It is. After Adrian goes inside to use the phone he finds himself being hit on by a drop dead
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tara♥ {MindforBooks} by: Marte - Thunderella

I really enjoyed this, which surprised me a bit because that title. Really?

But ignore the title and you'll get a sweet, kind of silly, kind of funny and kind of actiony story about 2 adorable MC's and dual POV!!

I love dual POV!!

I really liked Adrian, I could relate to him a lot at the start but unfortunately his constant questioning of himself started to annoy me near the end. I get that he took a blow at the start (his ex is basically a total douchecanoe) but Wyatt could not have been clearer
Susan
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
BR with Tara and Marte

What really stood out in this book was Adrian. He was awkward, clumsy, and just adorable all around. His inner dialogue was hilarious.

Adrian and his boyfriend are stranded out in the middle of nowhere. They walk to a bar to try to call a tow truck since they have no cellphone reception. Of course Adrian is a bit hesitant to enter the bar.

But at least his outfit was better than the orange skinny jeans, white boat shoes, and tight orange-and-pink-plaid short-sleeve button-do
Ami
I quite like Rowan McAllister’s books – but this one was not my favorite of hers. The initial set-up was good. Adrian’s break-up was harsh. The words that Martin said to Adrian made my jaw drop. Boy … that was brutal! In a sense, we share same traits, Adrian and I. I am introvert as well. I prefer the comfort of my room and read rather than going out. I can totally spend 24 hours inside my house on weekends, doing nothing but reading, watching TV, or browsing the Internet. So I feel him!!

I wante
Karen
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take one adorable geek accountant add in one douchebag boyfriend...

and you get one crappy relationship...but on the upside...it didn't last long.

Adrian's a nice guy. He's got a good job, he's responsible, dependable, faithful and he just wants a relationship with someone he can love and spend time with and who maybe feels the same about him...sadly...he got Martin.

Martin is a jerk, he's a user and a player. He's every decent person's nightmare. Ok, in case you're wondering. I didn't like Mar
Serena Yates
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2016
“Not everything is what it seems” and “what you want is not always what you need” could be the two mottos of this novel. It is an adventure and a mystery as much as a character study and a journey of two men who end up in very different places from where they expected. It is deceptively slow to start, but that time is used to set the scene for what follows – and that was well worth the wait.

Adrian is a pretty ordinary guy, but the events that follow his first visit in the improbable gay bar in t
Line
It's not that this was a bad book, it just never held my attention. It could be that it had been a long week, so for people interested in this book I will say; read it, 'cause it was fun!

So Adrian is an accountant and a proper fellow. After a picnic in the mountains with his then-BF, he stumbles into a gay-friendly biker bar to borrow a phone. Here he 'meets' Wyatt, who comments on his capabilities as a possible 'Power Bottom'.
This makes Adrian think/consider his life, and after his relationshi
Theresa
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars The story was a hodgepodge and all over the place. It could be titled "The Adventures of Boring Accountant Adrian". Poor guy was so insecure and clueless that he was unlikeable. His new boyfriend Wyatt wasn't as fully developed. It felt as though he was just a vehicle for Adrian to rework his self identity.
Annery
This was a sweet surprise. In a very good way.

Going by the title and the cover, which apparently is how I choose books, you'd expect some smexy times with a guy recently discovering his love of bottoming and that he has skillz in said area too and Rowan McAllister, new to me author, delivers in spades but she goes the extra mile and throws in some welcome twists and turns to boot. Before I go any further I'll say I did most of this as an audio courtesy of the brilliant Nick J. Russo and he can
Nile Princess
DNF @ 45%. This started off great. Wyatt and Adrian seemed liked interesting characters, but everything just seemed so long and drawn out, even the sex scenes. I was so excited because Wyatt was this tattooed biker and Adrian was this geeky accountant, but Adrian's insecurities were a real downer and I couldn't really get a handle on Wyatt. By the time I hit 45% I was already skimming, and finally just admitted that I didn't care. I was already bored. Promising beginning, but started to drag ear ...more
Juxian
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's insanely lovely. There is nothing I didn't love about this book. Starting from the title, which made me do a little "ngh?" at first but soon made perfect sense and was very cute, with its question mark in the end :) It's sweet, hot, low on angst and at the same time touching and emotional. It's a modern fairy tale, not an exaggerated one, but one you can and want to believe in.
Okay, I'm really fond of stories where a character is living routine, not happy but, like a horse in blinders, not
Viv
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hoopla
I liked this one, but I couldn't help but feel like the mystery and action towards the end was not necessarily needed. I would have been happier just having this book focused on the development of Wyatt and Adrian's relationship. Their instant connection and attraction was well done and I enjoyed their one on one time a lot. I did not enjoy the OTT mob and bad guys storyline that much.
Finnegan
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to confess, I read the book because of the title. I mean, you can't beat that! However, the book was actually a sweet love story that left a big smile on my face. I liked both MC's, there was a plot that was gripping, and a bit of a fairy tale ending.
Jordan
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aye aye aye, what a rollercoaster. I went from pissed off to nearly peeing myself laughing in just a few minutes. This book was pure entertainment.

To start off, this book made me so mad, or well, a certain character did. We start of with Mr. Adrian, our lovely little MC who just so happens to find a gay bar in the middle of nowhere. And of course, after being depicted ast he most boring, plain, bland character ever, he gets hit on my none other than Mr. leather hottie. Just the setup to this bo
Annie
With a title like that…

With a title like Power Bottom?, I wasn’t completely sure what to expect when I began this audiobook. In truth, had not some fellow book friends given it such high ratings, I probably would have passed right on by. I’m glad that wasn’t case because the story was really enjoyable and, per usual, narrator Nick J. Russo doesn’t disappoint.

I really liked both main characters and really enjoyed how well they complemented and contrasted with one another. In the opening chapters
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

Bored

Only way to describe how I was feeling. I know it wasn't me, because I was able to finish two other books before I came back to finish this one. I'm usually okay with OTT cheesy stories, but this did not work for me. I was bored, and bored so more. I don't know how the author expected me to connect with each other. Adrian and Wyatt met for weekends about 3 or 4 times before fuckery ensued and then the I love you's came out. I'm over the wallflower storyline and the hot guy showi
Pianka *call me PIU*
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
“Power Bottom” is my first book by this author. It was an ok read. The plot was not realistic and the characters felt a little flat to me. I love smut just like any other girl but only sexy times is not what makes a great romance. I like more plot and character development and meaningful conversations in my romance along with the smut. Adrian and Wyatt’s arrangement was more of a casual hook up than the start of something meaningful and permanent. I didn’t feel the connection between them. While ...more
Joyfully Jay
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Well. I thought I did my due diligence by reading the excerpt available for this book before selecting it. That excerpt may just have been the best part of this book and most of this book did not agree with me at all.

So we have Adrian who has been with Martin for close to a year. They live together, but Adrian doesn’t really see how high maintenance and shallow Martin is until he turns downright mean. Adrian had little self esteem to begin with and Martin’s insult
Lelyana
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mm, 2016, dsp, misunderstanding
The tittle caught me at first. I mean, oow..Power bottom can be so persuasive when it comes to sex, huh?
I have no complain about the sex, it was hot right after Adrian met Wyatt again for the second time.
It was lust at a first sight. But along the way, Wyatt became addicted to Adrian, so was Adrian to him.
If you're looking for a sweet sugary story, I don't think this book is what you're looking for.
Adrian and Wyatt experienced some adventure, that actually can tear them apart.
There's a little d
Morgan  Skye
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2017, audio
What a sweet, sweet story. *Sigh * I just loved it!

Poor Adrian is so, sweet and gets his big heart stomped on right at the beginning. But instead of crawling away and hiding for weeks, he’s so brave to try again. Luckily he finds The. Nicest. Guy. Ever. In Wyatt. Wyatt is just a refreshing breath of air. He’s honest, hot and open. Exactly what Adrian needs.

Neither of these guys expected something as big as what they got and that felt really authentic. I teared up several times as poor Adrian put
B
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audibles
Not bad , not bad at all.
Fun and a little bit of angst.
Preatty good story
Great narration.
Wendy F
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I’ve actually read so many good M/M reads, especially after my discovery of TJ Klune, that I was positive I was due for a dud and I thought Power Bottom would be it. There wasn’t anything that made me think it would be bad, I was just bracing myself. My shining hope was that Power Bottom was a Dreamspinner Press book, and I don’t think think I’ve gotten a Dreamspinner dud yet.

Power Bottom wasn’t a dud at all.

There was so much to like about this book. First, I really liked Adrian. I have a thing
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Note: This audiobook was provided to me through Hearts on Fire Reviews in exchange for an impartial review.

I enjoyed this audiobook immensely! From the outstanding narration by Nick J. Russo, to the characters and their situation, and the mystery and the intrigue surrounding Adrian’s job.

Adrian and his soon-to-be-ex, Martin, need a phone after Adrian’s car breaks down when he takes Martin on a picnic intended to rekindle their relationship by spending some fun time together. Finding no cell se
Lisa The Novel Approach
~ Narration Rating: 5 Stars ~

On the last night of his relationship, Adrian’s car breaks down and he and his whiny boyfriend have to march through a rural area to find a place to call for a tow and a ride ack to civilization. Relief floods Adrian when they discover that the “biker bar” they found is actually a gay bar. It gets even better when a hot and sexy older man openly flirts with Adrian.

A few days later, Adrian has been dumped. He’s been told he’s boring, he’s annoying, and he’s a bad lay
Sandra
Eh. I was really loving the first third of this book. I usually don't like non-MC relationships in my books, but it worked for us to see Adrien and Martin together as well as their subsequent break up. It really put us in it with Adrien. And we got to see how Wyatt's words affected him, as well as his struggle of finding himself again after the break up.

But the sex is actually when it started going downhill for me. I wanted a rough and tumble whirlwind that sucked Adrian up and spit him back ou
Carly
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was...boring.

I read a review that said the title was misleading, but for some reason I still went into this thinking I was going to get a sexy romance with a side of sexual discovery. I can't really recall a book that I've read where the characters figure out what positions they like, they usually already mostly know that before the book starts. So I thought it would be interesting and entertaining to read about a character discovering he's a power bottom...but this book was not about that.
Christine
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, ebooks
This wasn't what I was expecting at all from the title. I thought biker at first but no there isn't even though Wyatt rides a bike. The title makes me think of a lot of sex with little story but this has a story, and a very good one at that. Both the MC's are great even if Adrian needs a push to stop believing the crap his ex said to him. I dislike people who blame everyone else for their short comings.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Five-Sided Heart
  • Undercover Boyfriend (One Fine Day, #1)
  • The Trust
  • Stranded with Desire
  • Hostile Takeover
  • Snakes Among Sweet Flowers
  • The Geek and His Artist
  • Hard Feelings
  • Jump First
  • Enforcing Emory
  • Love Can't Conquer (Love Can't Series, #1)
  • The Demon You Know (Norwood #3)
  • The Stolen Suitor
  • Savior: A Tattered Club Story (Book 1)
  • Misinformation
  • The Last Hard Man
  • Andrew's Promise (Heroes, #2)
  • Light Up the Dark