Start by marking “Next August” as Want to Read:
Next August

Next August

(Next August #1)

August Rylan has more money than he knows what to do with, and more secrets than anyone man can keep. He’s a public figure— a billionaire business genius and eligible bachelor—with no personal life, and he likes it that way. Tragedy has followed August throughout his life, and by the time he meets Nashville Jacoby, the secrets he’s harboring aren’t just sad, they’re danger ...more
Published September 8th 2016 by self

To ask other readers questions about Next August, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Next August

I.Heart.Romance
A stubborn, feisty, independent southern girl. A handsome billionaire, with no time for relationships. A super steamy romance between two opposites. Throw in deadly secrets, revenge, kidnapping and murder. NEXT AUGUST is an emotional, erotic, action-packed read.

I love Kelly Moore's heroines. She writes tough, spirited women who can give as good as they get.
"What kind of name is Nashville?" I ask, just to try to change the subject.
"What kind of name is August?"
Damn, this woman cuts me no slack
lucie
Dec 14, 2017 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, in-english
DNF @26%

description

I would rather run a marathon than read more about August also known as the-rich-dude-who-owns-a-private-aiport-but-it's-not-a-big-deal. It was super annyoing reading about how rich and hadsome he is over and over again.

description

The story was rushed, I didn't feel any connection between the characters, they both acted silly and were too perfect for me.
Anniek
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
On the outside August has it all. He is handsome and wealthy and he has several homes and great cars. He is successful in everything he does. Not many people know the grief that August has to deal with on the inside. Losing his mother in a car accident left him and his father broken. August's father also hurt other people in that same accident, but managed to walk away from any legal obligations. When August found out he was determined to pay the dues for the wrongs his father did. August doesn' ...more
Coco.V
Sep 19, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (9/19/2017)!
Keep Calm Novel On
The Goodreads group Shut Up & Read (Read It & Reap) provided a copy of the ePub in exchange for an honest review.

Next August by Kelly Moore is a most enjoyable contemporary romance. Billionaire August Rylan lives in a protective self-made bubble determined not to get hurt and he does not allow himself to have meaningful relationships. Control could be his middle name until he meets Nashville Jacoby. The chemistry between Nashville and August is instant. The characters feel real, their vo
S.R. Mitchell
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
August is a man that seems to have it all and radiates alpha, but inside, he is a broken man in need of healing. He has been through so much that he runs from any emotion. When he meets Nashville, August cannot explain away how drawn he is to her.

Nashville doesn’t give him an inch and breaks down the wall he has built between himself and the world. She is sassy, but she is caring.

I loved how their romance unfolded and the difficulties they had to work through. I do not want to spoil this story
A. White
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it. I like the fact that both of the main characters are equal in all aspects of the relationship. Nash is a traditional southern woman with southern values. She is an astonishing, warm caring person. August is not the traditional alpha male. I think that is what I enjoyed most about the story. I liked the realism in this book. It's a great love story. A realistic love story.
Heidi Sturgess
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2017
I received this book from Author Groupies . I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review.

August seems to have more money than sense , he seems more ruthless than compassionate BUT don't judge  him to harshly , under that facade is a man with heart 💟

Sam and his mum share a  special relationship with August, I actually want to say that they're the only people that get a small glimpse into the real man August is .

He carries alot of hurt and resentment and I think it's the reason  he co
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The August series is nothing like the Broken Pieces series, but it is equally amazing! August is a man wealthy beyond comprehension. Nashville (Nash) is a nurse working hard to pay off student loans and supporting her parents. During a rock climb, August is hurt and goes to the hospital to be treated. The sparks flew immediately between him and Nash, with promises of hot passion simmering beneath the surface. It might be insta-lust, but August isn't a relationship type of guy. He harbors some se ...more
Diana Reeves
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story!!

Lots of feels in this story!! The two main characters have strange names but I guess that's why fate brought them together the day they met rock climbing.

August Rylan is a strong gorgeous alpha male , owns his own company, has more money then he needs but he has deep dark secrets from his past. August could have any woman he wants but once he meets Nashville, she's all he needs.

Nashville (Nash) Jacoby is a nurse, raised in Tennessee and enjoys the simple things in life. August R
Penny Worlein
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing chemistry between August and Nashville! These two are a complete description of "opposites attract". Blond haired, blue eyed, "Southern belle", named after her father's favorite place in the world, Nashville. Rich, city slicker named after his mother's favorite time of year, August. They meet doing the one thing they have in common, mountain climbing. He may have been raised in wealth, but he struggled through his childhood and once he reached his adult life, he spent every moment fixing ...more
Sara
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

I have to say, this is not what I expected when I read the blurb.

Next August is an erotic, emotional, read with lots of action, sexy scenes and danger. The book was a good read that kept my interest. I loved August, the fact that he looked like he had it all but really he was kind of a mess. Nashville "Nash" is strong, quirky and handles August like a champ. These two are hot, sexy fun. The added danger and revenge aspect added nicely and sort of explained why August is the way he is. I
Crystal Wilke
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot Damn!

I am loving Kelly's books. Her writing draws me in and I am a goner. Who needs sleep? Next August was another book that I couldn't put down till I finished it. I can't wait to read This August and Seeing Sam. I loved August, Sam, Nash and Anna. Next August has a little bit of everything in it. Get ready for an emotional rollercoaster ride. I got teary eyed so you might want some tissues nearby. Next August is worth reading and even though August might piss you off at times, he is also
Em
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Longer review to come: But for now I will say:
As a fantasy/magical realism writer, contemporary romance isn't my usual read, but when I scored a free copy of this book in a contest, I was immediately intrigued. The cover is gorgeous and the blurb sounded interesting.

This book did not disappoint. I will writer a longer review with details later this week--but I immensely enjoyed this story. The couple was enduring and the plot kept me turning the page. I will def be reading more of Kelly Moore's
Patricia Myers
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really enjoyed this book. August & Nashville have a rocky relationship. He is trying to protect her from harm by keeping secrets. Nash feels she can't trust him. I liked how August's father formed a bond with Nash and responsed to her. I really liked Sam's character. This book is about love, forgiveness and healing.
Christine
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bookhub freebie

For honest review this is a beautiful story of a boy August rylan that losses his mother and has a father who is a alcoholic and a stroke when young from a tragedy that puts him on a path . When he meets Nashville a nurse while climbing with Sam she puts the final pieces of him back together.Awesome
Erin OBrien
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story!
So much emotion and feelings. Nash and August meet by chance while rock climbing. The attraction is instant but August isn't so quick to trust his feelings. With someone out to hurt August in the worst way possible, neither he nor Nash know if they can make it work.
It's definitely 5 stars!
Mandee
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ride this was!

August has endured more heartache than one person should have to endure. Nash was absolutely precious! I loved how their personalities clashed yet meshed so perfectly together. This was an easy read for me. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.
Elizabeth C Logging
What a lovely story,

Hope all your books are written as good as this one. I would recommend this to any young person willing dreams to come true.
Steph
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3 volatile stars for NEXT AUGUST.

August Rylie is one of the youngest billionaires in the country, he's also completely antisocial and awkward. When he meets Nashville Jacoby, he's literally speechless. He's immediately entranced by her, so he does the only thing he can think of to get close to her…hire her as a live in nurse for his father. Nashville was raised on a farm and longs for a peaceful, simple life, and from what she can tell, nothing about August's life is peaceful or simple. He's co
megan wykle
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I've read by this author and it was amazing. Well written with great characters and character development. Great balance between romance and suspense.
Great tale of opposites attract.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am so incredibly excited to have just read Kelly Moore’s upcoming novel, “Next August!” I fell in love with Kelly’s writing and characters reading her Broken Pieces series and this new novel does not disappoint. Breaking away from her series, Moore tells a romantic and suspenseful story about August and Nashville.

I loved, loved, loved everything about this book. August is an incredibly adorable character and even during his stubborn or ugly moments you can empathize because of the things he ha
Jade aka MrsTosh
Every time I see a new Kelly Moore book I get so excited! This one was no exception, I loved it from the moment I saw the cover. Having fallen in love with Moore's writing from reading the Broken Pieces series I was so looking forwards to getting my teeth stuck into this one and as usual, I was not left disappointed.

To the outside world, August Rylan appears to have it all, good looks, more money that he can spend, a booming business but he hides a dark secret and it soon becomes apparent that h
Becky Burciaga
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
August who started out as a hard man to like, with a laser like focus on his business life, only showing he cared by taking responsibility for those who he was closest to, grew into a man who could finally show his heart . The author did a fine job of creating a character who grew as the story did, from nearly unlikable to endearing. He grew from stern to silly and laughable...Nashville brought the good man in him out.

This is the first book by this author I've read, at first I didn't know if I
Miriam Greystone
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wish there were more romances like this one!

You know what I really liked about this book? It wasn't just the romance, or the great plot, or the the compelling story. What was so refreshing and wonderful about this book was that it was a book about characters I actually cared about and liked, who have a relationship that isn't totally dysfunctional. I'm serious! So many romances today are all about alpha male types who are selfish, self-centered, and really cruel. The author here has created a
Lynsey M. Stewart
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an arc copy of the book for an honest review.

This was the first book I have read of Kelly's and I really enjoyed her writing. The book has a great balance of romance, lust and suspense. The ending was nail biting and I loved how Kelly developed the relationships between the characters.

I really liked Nashville as a female character. She wasn't afraid to show her real feelings and question August's behaviour. They were a super sweet yet hot couple.

Not your typical billionaire romance
Rhonda
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing book. I loved all the back and forth and the fact that Nash didn't just let August have his way all the time. She made him work for it. The drama was perfect. I will definitely read more from this author. I hope Sam gets his own book.
Cristal Jatip
Sep 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn't get into it. DNF.
Andrzejewski Amy
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I needed a change of writing style. I went back to one of my favorite authors. I was looking to read something with passion, suspense, mystery and humor. I found all of that and more in Next August. Kelly Moore is an amazing author and I love her style of writing. She is one of my go to's. I'm looking forward learning more about the main characters and Sam and Anna as this series progresses.
I fell in love with the main characters. They both came from completely different worlds. August was rich
KelticKat
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mixed bag...for me at least.

Let me start by saying, I'm really NOT a huge fan of the whole "billionaire" genre. That being said I really, REALLY hated August through most of this book - he was the quintessential Rich Boy - and the Author had to tell us over and over again in many wordy sentences, that turned into paragraphs, that turned into pages - about his wealth, his privilege. August himself did no favors in my eyes by basically trying to "buy" Nash's affection.

Now, I have to say I LOVED Na
« previous 1 3 next »
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 692} Next August by Kelly Moore 16 133 Mar 05, 2017 07:01PM

• Promises to Keep
  • The Gorgon
  • Dirty Neighbor
  • In the Arms of a Soldier (Soldier, #3)
  • Valentine Babies
  • The Line Collection (The Line, #1-4)
  • Ajax's Harpy Holiday (Dragonfin Mated #1)
  • The Truth About The The Sky
  • Marked by the Alpha
  • The Way Back To Me
  • Bound & Inked
  • He's No Saint
  • In the Blink of an Eye (The Taylor Clan, #3)
  • Edge Play X
  • Memories and Marco
  • A Touch of Blood (Operation Underworld: Connor & Sami, #1)
  • What the Doctor Didn't Tell Her
  • Christmas Knight: A Holiday Novella (Louisiana Knights Book 4)

Armed with books in the crook of my elbow, I can go anywhere. That’s my philosophy! Better yet, I’ll write the books that will take me on an adventure.

My heroes are a bit broken but will make you swoon. My heroines are their own kick-ass characters armed with humor and a pl

Next August (3 books)
  • This August (Next August)
  • Seeing Sam (Next August, #3)