Start by marking “Playing It Cool (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #2)” as Want to Read:
Playing It Cool (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #2)

Playing It Cool

(Sydney Smoke Rugby #2)

Harper Nugent might have a little extra junk in her trunk, but her stepbrother calling her out on it is the last straw… When rugby hottie, Dexter Blake, witnesses the insult, he surprises Harper by asking her out. In front of her dumbass brother. Score! Of course, she knows it’s not for reals, but Dex won’t take no for an answer.

Dexter Blake’s life revolves around rugby wi
Published September 12th 2016 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Playing It Cool, please sign up.
Amy Andrews All the books in the series can stand alone. They are all complete stories in themselves.
Amy

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing

description

From author Amy Andrews comes book two in the Sydney Smoke Rugby series...

description

Harper Nugent is a big girl. Always has been, always will be. When her douche of a stepbrother insults her in front of rugby star Dexter Blake, she is embarrassed and just wants to get on her way. She is more than a little surprised (and sceptical) when Dexter stops her from leaving to ask her on a date.

description

Dexter Blake's whole life is rugby. It was his ticket out of poverty, and there is no way he is going to let anyone, esp
XxTainaxX
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was all kinds of awesome. A sexy rugby player who likes his women curvy and appreciates a plump booty? Yesssss! Harper wins even more points for being a gamer. The story is just what I needed. It's sweet, fun, sexy, entertaining, and did I mention sexy? Lol Dexter becomes Harper's knight in shining rugby gear after he hears her stepbrother belittling her. What starts off as a save, turns to more and it's really cute to watch these two interact. The writing was good. The plot interestin ...more
Stacey is Sassy

They were COOL…then they were SMOKING

Group huddle…Ok peeps, it’s come to my attention that we (the reader) are not really appreciating book covers enough. I just read an article and they were talking to the models of Romance covers. Maybe it’s just me (probably), but book covers aren’t necessarily the be all and end all when it comes to picking a book. I’m more of “the whole package” kind of shopper. The author, blurb, hype and the cover are the things that must all come together to grab my atte
Jen
3.5 Stars

When Dexter Blake first spots curvy beauty Harper Nugent chasing after her douche of a step brother on the sidelines of his rugby match, he’s immediately intrigued. When that douche of a step brother then taunts her “fat ass,” Dexter’s just pissed. A split second decision leads the hot rugby star that never dates to break his rule and ask the lovely Harper if she’d like to go out with him sometime. And we’re off.

Dexter Blake liked a woman with some junk in her trunk. And the tall, curv
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Amy Andrews Fans, Sports, Brazen, Romance
4 Not Having to be "On" Stars
* * * *
It's Hot, It's Sexy, It's LIVE!!
Everyday people rarely have the pressure of having to worry about how others are accessing their every move. We get to live our lives with the ability to just be...and let things happen, come what may....Those in the public eye cannot....they actually never could... but with our digital age and smart phones capturing anything at anytime... it is only natural for them to feel when out in public...they must be "on".

In Playing It
Melanie A.
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
4 STARS!
And telling Dexter Blake she was so horny for him she'd worn out a set of batteries was something she planned on taking to her grave.
LOTS to love about this sweet and smokin' HOT rom/com!

Dexter doesn't have very many elite-level rugby playing years left in his career, so he's not about to lose his singular focus . . . no matter how much he's tempted by Harper and her tall, sinfully curvy body. That is until he hears some nasty comments being sent her way.

Playing it Cool definitely
Michelle
ARC PROVIDED BY PUBLISHER IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

photo 08edeccd0f8af0c9f163ed14af1341_zpsbsgn5nkh.gif

Score One for the Curvy Girls!!!!!!! Amy Andrews has once again set hearts racing and swooning for hot Australian Rugby Players!!!!! A lovable hero with a broken past. Check! A beautiful curvaceous heroine. Check! Hot passionate sex. Check! A palpable love story. Check!!! Smoking hot Rugby Players. BIG FAT CHECK!!!!

photo 59cd45b07c02a0de5912ec1f4f8f36_zpsfi7dwysi.gif“Simply put, he was all that and a bag of chips, and had completely stolen her heart. He’d had her from Dex the Stud.”

Har
Claire Robinson
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 - "White wine makes me mouthy." Stars!

Amy Andrews delivers again with the second book in her Sydney Smoke Rugby series. Dex and Harper left their own set of scorch marks on my kindle, with the chemistry that blazed hot and hard between them pretty much from the get-go.

I think the author took a look at female body confidence (or lack of) in a really great way with this story, in that it figured in the relationship between the two of them, but it didn’t detract from it in an over-the-top level.
Irene

Playing it Cool was such a good read.

Loved both Dex and Harper, they were perfect for each other.
I enjoyed the relationship unfolding throughout the book, it was a fun and entertaining read.
The chemistry between the characters was smoking and totally believable.

And this....

description
Yeah these two were HOT together!!

I'm loving the Sydney Smoke Rugby series, great writing, charismatic & entertaining characters that keep you turning the pages.
Playing It Cool is a great addition to the Sydne
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I might not be a Rugby fan (Aussie Rules lover here), but I am Australian, and I do love sports romance, and I did ADORE this fabulous book from Amy Andrews. And I think you will too, TBH.

What’s not to love about this book? It was smart and hyper-sexy. It was cute in places, but never OTT sweet. And it was littered with little Aussie sayings and references that, for me, felt a little like coming home. For you? Might be fun to pretend to be from Down Under for a few hours…

Playing it Cool is a q
Nicola
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m loving this series and Dex and Harper are a fabulous couple who together crank up the heat.

description

I have to applaud Amy Andrews for going against the grain and creating a heroine who’s not what is perceived as perfect. But to me that’s exactly what Harper was: I loved her and maybe that’s because I’m hardly what you would describe as svelte myself and for that reason I resonated with her. I understood her fears and her doubts, but when the right person sees past the more wobbly bits, then you know
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I am not usually one to pick up sports related books so I have to say I hesitated before reading this one. I'm so glad that I did because I would've missed a really great read.

This book is definitely full of action and I'm not talking about rugby. With an agreement to hook up, things quickly turn and start heating up. I love the character development in Dex and Harper is a great balance for him. And the ending is a wonderful surprise.

The author gave us plenty of heat along with some emotional pl
Kate's Corner
4.5 Paint Girl & Dex the Stud Stars

This book came at exactly the right time for me. I had this series on my radar but wasn’t interested in reading the first one, second chance romances just ain’t my thing you know?

Harper Nugent has a lot of junk in her trunk. She is an artist. I liked Harper from her personality to how she sees herself. Her family is a real piece of work though and her struggle to deal with it is hard but I admired her. She made it work with her curves and rocked it.

Dexter
Elaine
This is a smokingly hot romance with a rugby focussed hero, determined not to be sidetracked from his sporting career goals by anything or anyone . . . until he hears a journalist making obnoxious, derogative comments to the curvy woman he’d been ogling earlier. It turns out that the woman is Harper Nugent and the journalist is her stepbrother, Chuck. Dex doesn’t like what he hears and makes a point of asking Harper out in front of Chuck. Harper has a poor self image because of the bullying and ...more
♡Tonya♡
I ❤ Dex and Harper!

Dex is a hot rugby player who is NOT and manwhore! He sees Harper on the sidelines of one of his games and is immediately smitten.(can rugby players be smitten?) Harper's stepbrother is insulting her and Dex steps in and asks her on a date to help her save face.

Harper can't believe this hot guy actually asked her out. She doesn't take him seriously until her calls her to make a date. Now if only she can keep her insecurities from ruining a good thing.

--hot rugby player
--stro
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Shelves: sports, 2016
Oh Dex, Dex, Dex. I have mixed emotions about Dex. He was so sweet when he wasn't being an jerk. I loved that he wanted to make Harper look good in front of her dick of a stepbrother but the way he treated her when she fell for him made me want to punch him in the nuts. Good thing he realized what an jerk he was being and that Harper was the best thing to ever happen to him. That ending made me want to cry! This is the second book in the Sydney Smoke Rugby series and I'm loving them! Harper was ...more
RJ
This was just annoying. I'm sooo000oooo sick of this storyline, I don't know why I even bothered with this. The whole "I don't do relationships" bullshit and turning into FWB, and realizing you actually love her at the freaking end of the book. The H did a lot of pushing away which I hate in books. And the h was such a doormat taking in little scraps of his affection. I need to go find a book now where the H is obsessed with the h from the start.

Oh and safe with exception: (view spoiler)
Ivy Deluca
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Full review to be posted on afterdarkbooklovers.com.
description
I enjoyed it, even if I wanted more on the emotional end of things. A traditional contemporary romance with a BBW heroine and a rugby player who loves all her curves, it was a sweet and sexy (swexy?) change of pace from what I'd just read. I’d read the next in the series.

**ARC provided by author via InkslingerPR for review**
JenReadsRomance
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports-romance
I recently reread this after getting the other books in the series on sale. I loved this book. One of my favorite tropes is: woman who knows she's worth more dumps the guy who's dragging his heels. Harper may have body image issues, but she knows her worth. She loves Dex, but she's also willing to tell him what she needs. It's great. Sexy, steamy, and wonderful.
Felicia
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of curvy, not-board-skinny Harper. She is very self conscious. She has self esteem issues because she thinks she is over weight and that guys must not find her attractive because all her previous relationships failed. And along comes Dex to make her feel beautiful in the skin she's in. But he's all about his professional rugby career. He says he can't have a relationship while playing rubgy. But he spends time with Harper and they develop feelings for one another. Which obvious ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I'm really enjoying author Amy Andrews Sydney Smoke series and am learning a bit about Rugby as I read it. Playing It Cool is the second book of this series and I enjoyed quite a bit more than the first book because I actually liked both the characters right from the start. Smart and sexy this book was fun from beginning to end despite a few bumps in the road.

Politically correct would not be what anyone would call Dexter Blake especially when
TheresaDK
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

What an excellent follow up to the series! This was a very sweet and enjoyable read, albeit a bit short.
There is a good amount of drama and push/pull, however, I would have liked more follow up on the Chuck/Anthea storyline. We never saw Harper grow some lady balls and stand up to the two of them. I would definitely have liked to witness more payback for their shitty behavior.

Dex provides some decent grovel nearing the end of the story, which pleased me immensely.

Can stand alone. Third
Kassiah
4-1/2 stars

Ah, Harper and Dex are just. so. hot! That alone is enough for you to drop everything and read now. But in case that's not enough, I'll give a little more.

The summary is spot on here. Curvy Harper is being dissed by her brother when sexy rugby star Dex overhears it, and despite the fact that Dex has sworn off women to focus on the game, he can't help but ask Harper out to show her douchebag brother up. What starts out as a point to prove quickly becomes more as sparks are flying and H
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Shelves: sports, netgalley
Curvy Girls Rock!!

Dexter Blake knows what he likes in a woman and will stop at nothing to get it. When he sees curvy Harper Nugent being insulted by her brother he steps in and asks her out. Dex isn't looking for love, but soon after going on a date with Harper he realizes he wants to spend a lot more time with her. The two of them agree to fake-date one another to teach Harper's step-brother and step-mother a lesson. One date turns into many and eventually...romance.
Going into this type of roma
⚜️Trea
Boy, did this book turn this series around for me! I really loved the story here! Dex seemed a very approachable hero, even when he was acting like a bumbling male! I loved Harper, how she never let anything knock her out of what she enjoyed and while she was down about it sometimes, she was never out! The ending was over the top and got me right in the heart! I especially loved all the shout outs to my husband's favorite sports team: the All Blacks! I had to call him at work every time they wer ...more
namericanwordcat
I love Amy Andrews and I love rugby sports romances. What could go wrong?

There were many good moments in this book and a basically liked the characters but I think this being a brazen book pushed the sexy times to take up space needs for relationship development and character development.

Sexy times can do that but mainly these love scenes didn't work that way for me.

Sigh.
Heather andrews
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Harper has no problem being blunt and to the point, “what can I say? Watching you play rugby makes me horny.” I loved this book, Dex really had no idea what can of worms he was opening with Harper and I loved it.
Georgie-who-is-Sarah
Very competent Commitment-phobe meets Perfect-Girl story - enjoyed this. A bit primary-coloured, but hey.
Alaina
Playing It Cool is the second installment of the Sydney Smoke Rugby series and it was honestly a pretty good one. In this book, you will meet Harper and Dex. If you've read the previous book, well.. you will notice that we do meet that couple in this as well. It was a short but sweet moment and I wish I got more of them in this book. Dex and Harper were a cute couple that basically had to be told that they loved the other.

Harper is a curvy girl with attitude. No, she isn't fat but if you ask he
Christina
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Super hot, super sexy and did I mention super hot already? Dang. I'm seriously starting to wonder how the heck I missed the first installment to this series. Ok, so I didn't read the first book in this series, and I went into this read pretty unprepared. But I didn't feel like I missed anything. It's almost as though this could be read as a standalone since the previous books characters weren't a focal point in this one. Speaking of this one. Did I mention how hot this was?!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Rocking Horse Hill
  • The Road to Hope
  • Tempting Justice (Sons of Sydney, #2)
  • Northern Heat
  • In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)
  • Runaway Lies
  • 12 Days at Silver Bells House (Swallow's Fall #2)
  • The Grass is Greener
  • Hope's Road
  • There’s a Dragon in Your Book
  • Feels Like Home
  • Melting into You (Sweet Home Alabama, #3)
  • Only the Brave Try Ballet
  • Mr Romanov's Garden in the Sky
  • Storm Clouds (Goodabri #2)
  • Mister Hockey (Hellions Angels, #1)
  • His Best Mistake (Shillings Agency, #6)
  • Isadora (The Chronicles of Kaya #3)
Amy is an award-winning, USA Today best-selling Aussie author who has written seventy plus contemporary romances in both the traditional and digital markets.

Her books bring all the feels from sass, quirk and laughter to emotional grit and panty-melting heat.

She loves good books and great booze although she'll take mediocre booze if there's nothing else. For many, many years she was a registered n

Sydney Smoke Rugby (6 books)
  • Playing by Her Rules (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #1)
  • Playing the Player (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #3)
  • Playing With Forever (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #4)
  • Playing House (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #5)
  • Playing Dirty (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #6)
“Dexter Blake liked a woman with some junk in her trunk. And the tall, curvy chick on the sidelines was packing a whole lot of booty.

She had one of those itty-bitty waists, too. And her cups floweth’d over.

Staring at her chest was practically a religious experience.”
1 likes
“What can I say? Watching you play rugby makes me horny.”

His fingers lightly stroked her back. “In that case, I’ll get you a season pass.”
1 likes