Start by marking “Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones (Zoraida Grey, #1)” as Want to Read:
Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones (Zoraida Grey, #1)

Read Book

Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones

(Zoraida Grey #1)

Granny’s dying, but Zoraida can save her with a magic crystal of smoky quartz. Too bad the crystal is in Scotland—in a haunted castle—guarded by mind-reading, psychopathic sorcerers.

Getting inside Castle Logan is easy. Getting out––not so much. Before she can snatch the stone, Zoraida stumbles into a family feud, uncovers a wicked ancient curse, and finds herself ensorcell
Published October 28th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones

Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Full Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author via Lovers of Paranormal. This has in no way influenced my review.*

The blurb actually does a perfect job of explaining what this book is about, so family intrigue, mystery, sexy but possibly psychotic Scottish witches, magical stones, a creepy castle---you will definitely find all of those things in this story! And they made for a mysterious and fun read.

One thing I liked most was the main character herself, Zoraida. She was
meghann
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the goodreads group Lovers of Paranormal, or LOP.***

I finished this book and immediately wanted more. I need to know what happens to Zoraida and Zhu and the cats, ghosts, stones, witches, fruit robe, everything! I honestly think Granny was my favorite character in the book. I so want to be that crazy old woman people are kind of scared of. Zoraida stepped up and did what she needed to save the ones she loves. She definitely handled al
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Lori
Book provided by Sorchia DuBois
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This is the first in the Zoraida Grey series. This is paranormal romance with lots of magic, witches and all things unusual. If this is something that the reader doesn’t want to read, then I would look for something else. Otherwise, keep on reading; it’s going to get better.

If any of the readers have read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, then the comparison will be understood. If the reader
On My Kindle BR
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book with the option of leaving an honest review.

Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones starts out slow but, for those who persevere, a thrilling and magical adventure awaits!

I agree with some of the reviewers who say that the book starts out slow because it does; however, "slow" and "boring" aren't always synonymous with each other in the literary world. Since this is the first book of the series, I think it was appropriate for DuBois to take some time to develop the
Samantha
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am voluntarily submitting my honest review after receiving a complimentary copy of this ebook via ReadingAlley.

This book is pure escapist fiction at its finest. If you can't let your imagination fly, this book is NOT for you. But if you are looking to kick back with a glass of wine or a tumbler of whiskey and sit by the fire and simply enjoy a good story without insisting on strict adherence to the tenets of realism, then Zoraida's saga will entertain from start to finish. Zoraida's sassy pers
JoAnne
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A steamy suspenseful and imaginative tale involving witches and legends. The story bounces back and forth between the past and present as you follow the main character throughout the first part of her adventure. It ends with a cliff hanger that will leave you with many unanswered questions so be prepared that all will not be resolved in this one book. You will find some very intriguing characters and an interesting plot.
Julie Sherman
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting and engaging book. Full of spells, a dark forbidding castle, family history of a long time ago, a huge mystery and suspense with more to come. I loved the writing and the story and the complicated past merging into the current ere. Well done.
Mona williams
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
this book i had a real hard time with keeping my attention. she needs the crystals to save her grand mother. only there at a haunted castle that is guarded by witches. now there right in the middle of a clan war. read to find out what happens.
Elysian Fields
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun and well thought out story! I really enjoyed the plot of this book but most of my love comes from the characters! I loved Zoraida and her level headedness; she was a real character, and one you would find in real life. I loved her spunk. Granny was another character that I couldn’t help but love; she might have stolen the book (or at least her scenes).

This book has just about everything: gemstones, witches, cats, sassy characters, humor, adventure, fun, ghosts, mystery, wonderful sec
Elisa
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great read the title made me laugh, I loved everything about it, the magic, the mystery, and the awesome characters.
Susan C
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witchcraft and Scotsmen

This first installment of The Zoraida Grey Series May start off slow as many first books do, but takes off like lightning once the preliminaries are over. Strong characters, the right amount of snark and a touch of heat gets this series off with a bang.
H G
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!!! I have read so many books over the years, it is very hard to surprise me in a story. This story had surprises every few chapters. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, bam! something occurs that changes your mind completely.
I loved the characters, they bring you right into the story. The magic, old family feuds, mystery and intrigue draws you in from the start of the story, keeps you interested during and wanting more by the end. I can't wait for t
Laura Strickland
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zoraida Grey’s had an unusual upbringing, to say the least. Raised by her Granny following the death of her parents, she’s learned more about spells, signs and the workings of the natural universe than about life in the world outside the Arkansas woodlands. Now, at nearly thirty, she’s about to learn that Granny in her wisdom might just have given her the education she’s going to need. Because Granny’s sending Zoraida on an assignment: bring back the healing stone, a family relic with the power ...more
Sara Reece
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
If a book contains anything Paranormal I jump in with two feet first. And I wasn't  disappointed either. If you like a mind blowing story with secrets, twist and turns that keeps a character on their toes this is a story to read!
I have many favourite Characters, Zhu is bad-ass that I would love to have as a best friend! Granny reminds me of my nan, which is brilliant! I will have to tell this story to her has she cannot read. I totally respect Zoraida for the way she handles all the secrets she
Laurie Beemer
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok I have to say that this book was a huge surprise. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it because it sounded different than what I usually enjoy reading, but how magical. I loved this book. The mystery surrounding Zoraida was so captivating and fun to read about, I could not put it down. This book shows just how far people can go to discover what is family? There is so many surprises that it keeps the reader guessing. Thank you Reading Alley and Sorchia DuBois for allowing me to read this boo ...more
Karen  Dee
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! First off any book where a woman finds herself "...finds herself ensorcelled by not one, but two handsome Scottish witches." you know you're in for some fun! I'm not sure if the word ensorcelled is real or not, but I found myself ensorcelled by this book so much that as soon as I downloaded it I started reading it and didn't stop until I finished it. I pulled an all nighter following the adventures of Zoraida and her best friend, Zhu as they seek to obtain magic crystals of smok ...more
Crystal
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
It starts slow and took my a while to get into. Once it picked up BOY DID IT EVER!! You will not be disappointed!! mystery and suspense with more to come. I loved the writing and the story and the complicated past merging into the current ere. Well done.
Ester
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was hard to put down. I didn't realize it at first that it dealt with magic and witchcraft, something I don't usually read, but it was subtle. The ending left me hanging and wanting to read more.
Sandy
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I liked the story but for some reason I just couldn’t connect with the characters. The juxtaposition between Arkansas and Scotland was well done and I enjoyed how the author went back and forth between Zoraida ‘s childhood and the present.
Kameron
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - (review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

When Sorchia DuBois contacted me and asked me to review her story, I was more than willing to offer up my services. I love books about witches, old castles, and Scotland so all three rolled up into one.... It was a no-brainer. I just had to read "Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones" and you should too.

There wasn't a chapter, a solitary page, where Zoraida didn't encounter or reflect upon something magical. As we learn thr
Debra Doggett
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When's the next one coming?

This is a story you can't put down. Zoraida hooks you from the start and you have to know more. So I'm dying to find out what happens next. There's only one flaw with this book. The author has Zoraida visiting "Marie LaBeau's" grave in New Orleans when it should be Marie Laveau. But the story was so good I forgave her.
Jenn : Godzilla is King
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a very fun and interesting book with lots of twists and turns. Who would have thought there is so much family history in the castle revolving around the healing stone. I love that there's a cat as a beloved pet. Can't wait for next book!
InD'tale Magazine
This spirited story has great insight to what it would be like to be able to read other people's minds.

Read full review in the 2016 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Riley
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Zoraida Grey and the Family Stones (hereafter shortened to Family Stones for convenience) was first brought to my attention by author Sorchia DuBois, who thought the fact that she and her characters appreciate a nice glass of whiskey would appeal to me. Well, it is as good a reason as any to make a connection! Turns out, whiskey is not the only thing that appealed to me.

Family Stones is a contemporary fantasy that encompasses magic, mystery, wisdom, history, whiskey, tea and a cat. Most of the s
April
May 09, 2017
Cary Morton
Aug 30, 2016
Sorchia DuBois
Sep 09, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy
Jamie
Jul 26, 2018
Jeanna Massman
Aug 27, 2018
Award-winning author Sorchia Dubois lives in the piney forest of the Missouri Ozarks with seven cats, two fish, one dog, and one husband. She enjoys a wee splash of single-malt Scotch from time to time and she spends a number of hours each day tapping out paranormal romance, Gothic murder, and Scottish thrillers.
A proud member of the Ross clan, Sorchia incorporates all things Celtic (especially

Zoraida Grey (2 books)
  • Zoraida Grey and the Voodoo Queen (Zoraida Grey, #2)