Start by marking “A Page Out of Life: A Scrapbooking Novel” as Want to Read:
A Page Out of Life: A Scrapbooking Novel

A Page Out of Life: A Scrapbooking Novel

3.18  ·  Rating details ·  248 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
The connections women make through scrapbooking inspire a novel full of ?the twists and turns that keep readers turning pages.?

When frazzled mother of four Ashley joins a local scrapbook club, she's amazed at the way old photos and mementos can bring color to sepiatoned memories. Among the diverse group is Tara, a single grad student whose search for love, like her relatio
Published April 29th 2008 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about A Page Out of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Page Out of Life

Rachel
Sep 21, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
This book follows three main characters: Ashley, Tara and Libby, who are in a scrapbooking club together. Ashley is a frazzled mom of four, Tara is a single grad student and Libby is a grandmother whose son is involved in a corporate scandal.

I was interested in this book because the characters scrapbook (like me!). But this book is in SERIOUS need of editing. There are continuity error and grammatical errors throughout and the writing is just.not.good. Someone needs to give the author a thesaur
Michele
Sep 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women who scrap book
riendship Through Scrap Booking
This story centers on a group of women living outside of Atlanta, who gather each week to make scrapbook creations. Any woman who is part of a scrap booking group, or women's group of any kind (like a book club, bunko group, or knitting circle) will easily relate to these women and understand the strength and bonds of friendship that go along with meeting regularly. There are eight women in the group, but only three, Ashley, Libby and Tara are prominently featured,
Nancy
Oct 26, 2011 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book and was hoping it wouldn't be so full of scrapbooking that there would be no story line. But it has a very good story line and character development. Just like most of us with good girlfriends and a common interest that binds us together and we share our lives and support each other are the entwined relationships. ONLY thing; this book has a very unneccessary twist in it that really did lower my view of it. Totally unneccessary and I wish some one would have gotten a ...more
Jackie
Jun 07, 2008 added it
Great summer reading. This book is about three women who come together to scrapbook. We get to know them, and what is going on in their life. However, there is a hanger in the book, where to of the women have more in common that just scrapbooking.
Diana
Mar 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Love, love , love this book. A group of women get together weekly to scrapbook, gossip, etc. There's a big surprise in the middle. Love stories that catch you off guard. A story that makes you realize what treasures your friends really are. Great read. Highly recommend.
Geri
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
silly story line with dialogue that could have been written by a twelve year old.
Christi
Apr 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
goofy, silly read! Should have saved it for the beach!
Joan
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I love to scrapbook so I understood all the descriptions of the swaps, products and techniques described in the book. Although the book revolves around a scrapbook group, the stories were of friendship, strength, values and stories from each of the lives of the women in the book. At one point I thought the story was going to degenerate into a low morals story but it didn't. I enjoyed the story but gave it a three star rating. I don't give 4's unless it is really good and I don't give 5's unless ...more
Pam Levitt
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
It's a light read about women's friendships. A few of the characters were likable, but overall, I found the book lacking compared to other similar titles. Nearly all the men are losers and liars and the storyline was worn. There were no surprises here and the bond between the women could have been further developed. As a mindless beach read, it fulfills a purpose but I found it somewhat stale and flimsy.
Mary Pat
Mar 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
So boring. Unfortunately, I think this could have been a good book. It has the bones to be a well-developed, interesting, comtemplative story, but the author never got it to stand on its own two feet. All of the characters speak in the same polite voice. Honestly, there wasn't much (if any) differentiation between the characters, just their circumstances. Overall, the book is flat and unsatisfying.
Mara S
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
This had potential but did not live up to it. This was written in a very juvenile and not-interesting manner. I would not recommend this book at all. One upside was it was a quick read, so I didn't feel as though it was sucking my life away by reading it. Kept hoping it'd get better by the end, but that didn't happen.
Carmela
Aug 29, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: someone looking for a "scratch and itch" kind of read
Shelves: 50-in-year
An ok quick read. In the same vein as "The Friday Night Knitting Club" and "The Knitting Circle" - only it's about scrapbooking. With a less-than-stellar twist. But it kept my interest and it was a quick read.
Jackie Randolph
May 25, 2010 rated it liked it
A client rec. this book. Her friend wrote it! It was pretty good!
Julie
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Book
Courtney
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book and the characters and I'm so bummed it's not a series!
Ruth Kevghas
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, fiction
I didn't want it to end- I want friends like them!
Lyza Berry
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A different kind of Waiting to Exhale. This book proves I can read more then just fantasy, though it did take me 3 weeks to read while I simultaneously read Strange Candy (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #0.5) by Laurell K. HamiltonStrange Candy by Laurel K Hamilton and Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerTwilight, by Stephanie Myer. I was having withdraws. LOL

Back to the book. This book revolves around 3 woman who become friends and more through a weekly scrapbooking meet up. they each have everyday life issues.

Libby's son gets in serious trouble with the law and she has a hard time coping and she ha
Kim
Jul 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
If you love scrapbooking {which you know I do} and reading...this is a GOOD read! All of the characters were different and the story was written well. I think I had a bit of each character in me {or something that I dream of being} so I felt tied to the characters. I did not like the outcome of one, but it can't all work out in the end, right? As I read, I thought about this craft of scrapbooking and the people that you are connected to within this hobby. The support of the friends within this b ...more
Jennifer A.
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
I always like novels that incorporate scrapbooking... I'll give them a chance, at least. This book was good, overall. The main characters were interesting; they weren't developed quite as fully as some authors do (ex: Debbie Macomber's characters in the Blossom Street series), but there was enough information for me to get engaged in their stories and care about them. The 'different chapter for different characters' perspective is also a good way to get more involved in the characters. One plot ...more
Philia
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very quick and easy read. I've enjoyed it. Friends and lovers come in all shapes, sizes and colours; just like scrapebooking. Each one is unique and personal. We may use the same material, but each of our expression and creation are different. The bonds between good friends are invaluable. We can guarantee that good friends are always there for one other, in every page of our life. Lovers are blinds; some take up just one page out of our life, or maybe a chapter, a volume, or a whole life time ...more
Jenny
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all women
This was a fantastic book; hard to put down. I think it is a great read for women of all ages. The author showed how women of varying ages handle the obstacles that come their way. she expressed the importance of each of their problems, never making one problem "worse" than another. The friends in this book made everything fall together and expressed the importance of good "girlfriends" in each of our lives.
Valerie Cesari
Dec 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!! When you first read it's a "scrapbooking novel" you might be reluctant to read it fearing a corny plot line, but it's actally a good book. It goes between the lives of the different woman characters in the book. You see how different all of their lives are and how they are all at different points in life, but they can all come together for a common interest. "Scrapbooking" isn't actually a big theme in the book. I really enjoyed it.
Pam
Sep 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to reading this book about a bunch of women who come together to share stories about their lives while scrapbooking. It had a slow start but about 1/3 of the way through, the book became interesting with a couple of the character's lives. While there were a few references toward scrapbooking, the book was a fast read and enjoyable.
Elizabeth
May 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: scrapbookers and really all women
As a Creative Memories Consultant and avid scrapbooker I was drawn to this book without hearing a thing about it. I couldn't put it down on our flight out to Hawaii. The characters seemed 'real' and you can definitely identify with at least one of the women. A fun read about women and friendship and how scrapbooking provides the glue that keeps them communicating.
Ann
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
I kinda forced myself through this one. It was fairly predictable (one little twist, though) and pretty lame. It read like it was written by a writing student. Very basic, not a lot of depth, predictable character development. Not one I'd recommend . . . guess that's why I found it at Barnes & Noble's bargain section!
Jan
Jun 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
A very sweet book that follows the lives of several women who belong to a scrapbooking club. This book was well on its way to earning 4 stars from me until a contrived twist in the last fourth of the book. Said twist was entirely unnecessary. The book was more than enjoyable and interesting without it.
Alissa
Dec 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, 2008
Read this while stuck on an airplane. Enjoyed it, although the stories would've stood without the scrapbooking stuff thrown in and I felt at times that it got in the way of the actual plot. I did see one major plot surprise coming, and I thought it ended too soon, but it was a quick, enjoyable read.
Heather
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
A wonderful, slightly fluffy read. This was a fast read, partly because I couldn't pit it down. I love the different women in this book, it shows just how important the women in our own lives really are.
Jamie
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I liked this book. I am a scrapbooker myself, and i thought it was fun to tie my hobby into a story. It was nice because it wasn't all about scrapbooking, there is an actual story to it...and enjoyable story.
Anne
May 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: scrapbookers
Recommended to Anne by: a scrapbooking magazine
I read this book because it has ties to scrapbooking. It wasn't a quality novel or anything, but it was an easy read that got me motivated to work on my own scrapbooking projects. I also like the story line of the women characters and how their friendships develop through good and difficult times.
  • When Darkness Falls: Kiss of the Wolf\Shadow Kissing\The Devil She Knew
  • Castle of the Wolf
  • Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)
  • In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4)
  • The Loving Daylights
  • Death Swatch (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #6)
  • Wicked Fantasy (Castle of Dark Dreams #3)
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Scrapping Plans
  • Priestess Dreaming (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #16)
  • Just One Bite (Dead End Dating #4)
  • Vicious Grace (The Black Sun's Daughter, #3)
  • Seduced by Magic (Magic, #2)
  • The Wicked (Vampire Huntress, #8)
  • The Romance Readers' Book Club

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
  • The Wednesday Sisters
  • Allie and Bea
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • All the Summer Girls
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Girl From the Train
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Winds (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters, #3)
  • If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Fear of Flying
    $19.99 $1.99
  • The Grass Is Singing
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Misremembered Man (Tailorstown #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Uncertain Season
  • The Odyssey
  • And After the Fire
    $11.49 $1.99
  • The House of Impossible Beauties
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Virtuous Woman (Oprah's Book Club)
    $15.95 $1.99
  • Unsaid
  • The Wake Up
  • Post Office
    $11.24 $1.99
  • For Every Season: Book Three in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series
    $11.99 $2.99
  • One Night in Winter: A Novel (P.S.)
  • Those Who Save Us
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Tangled Vines (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Book 2)
  • The Lake House