Start by marking “Win Some, Lose Some” as Want to Read:
Win Some, Lose Some

Win Some, Lose Some

For Matthew Rohan, every day is a struggle. Each task others complete without thinking is a challenge for him. Recently orphaned, he has to finish the last few months of high school and take care of his disabled sister on his own.

When Mayra comes into his life, his comfortable routines implode. Matthew can’t handle change, but Mayra is unrelenting in her quest to understan
Published October 18th 2016 by Shay Savage, LLC (first published October 14th 2016)

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

description

As you may know, I’m a big fan of this author. I enjoyed every book I’ve read by her so far and honestly she never ceases to amaze me with her wonderful storytelling and perfectly executed male POV, which trust me when I say, it’s the best ever! 'Win Some, Lose Some' is very different from this author's other books, but it's as wonderful and well written, it's sweet and sexy, emotional, heartwarming and everything I expected to be.

“…you win some days; you lose others. That’s just how it works
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★1/2! Win Some, Lose Some (stand-alone). Hero with autism disorder lucks out getting a chance at love & happiness with the most popular girl in class!

“At some point, the corner of my notebook had become slightly bent, which sucked. I’d have to write all notes into a new one.”

Win Some, Lose Some (stand-alone) is high school senior Matthew Anthony Rohan’s story.

In his eighteen years Matthew hasn’t had much going his way. He was born with autism spectrum disorder, a combination of Asp
Christy
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo 96C22FBF-BB58-42A0-B778-25956B03A234_zpscajnit67.png

Win Some, Lose Some is a heartfelt and beautiful story of love, friendship, and embracing the differences in others. As much as I love many of Shay Savages books, this has to be a personal favorite for me. I truly loved Matthew and Mayra both. Their story was touching and I loved watching them fall in love.

If being a teenager isn’t already hard enough, Matthew Rohan is a bit more awkward than the average guy. He has Asperger’s Syndrome and tasks that are normal for most people are c
KAS
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Oh! Wow & Wonderful WIN WIN!!

If you are looking for a unique, sweet romance, I urge you to pick this one up. I don’t know how this author does it, but unique is her jam!

What I can tell you ...

I loved this storyline. I loved the hero and heroine. I smiled from beginning to end. It is a fascinating YA novel. Do yourself a favor and go in completely blind.

What I cannot tell you ...

Well, basically I won’t tell you a blessed thing about the actual story because it would ruin the whole expe
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 ‘WIN’ STARS

”My dad had always said life was full of ups and downs. “Son, you win some days; you lose others. That’s just how it works.”

description

I simply adored this all male pov story of Matthew Rohan a high school senior who has mild forms of Asperger's, ADD, and various obsessive-compulsive behaviors. Shay Savage brilliantly gifted yet another all male pov and the actions and thoughts of Matthew were not only believable but I feel will help others understand his disorders in a nonclinical manner.
Bibi
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Oh my god. Wow....Thank you, Shay Savage!
Brandi
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brandi by: Jennifer Kyle
description

So, I've been out of the review game for a while - please forgive my laziness. That said, what a book to jump back into the game with. Win Some, Lose Some was just the reminder I needed. The perfect nudge saying, 'not every book you pick up is just a retelling of the same old shit.' This book was a big win for me. Quirky, sexy and heartwarming - Shay's male POV was spot on.

description

An endearing story about a young man struggling with Asperger’s and the girl helps him embrace new things. This book is the
DW
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth
"Sometimes you just have to do, son. don't think. Just do."
description

You know those books that linger in your mind for days and days after you finish reading them? Those characters that are so unique and complex that you can't stop thinking about them? Those sweet and tender moments that you experienced the first time and loved them so much you go back to your Kindle and re-read entire scenes because you just want to experience it one more time? Win Some, Lose Some just happens to be that kind of book.
Hulya Kara Yuksel

Awwwww this book, OMG it was sooooo sweet, so beautiful! I LOVED it. :)
Matthew and Mayra were so lovely together, I really enjoyed their story. :)

This book definitely a WIN for me. :) And if you wanna read a sweet love story, I highly recommend this book to you. <3

Lo Bookfrantic
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 ★★★★ "Do it for the Cake" Stars

Genre: YA Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Male

description
"My dad had always said life was full of ups and downs. “Son, you win some days; you lose others. That’s just how it works."

description

Matthew Rohan; was born with autism spectrum disorder and a combination of other stuff like ADD and had developed various obsessive-compulsive behaviors aka OCD. Every single day was a struggle for him. Everything had to be perfect, he had to have a routine and any changes could caus
Em Lost In Books
Cute. (^.^)
JewelsyGoolsy
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
4.5 -absolute winner- Stars
And that folks, is how it's done! Bam!

Not gonna fuss about this too much as the book's synopsis tells us all we need to know before diving in, and other reviewers have probably raved about it more articulately than I can.

I WILL say; that I was a HUGE fan of a similar YA trope/story called Puddle Jumping, and me being a dirty old perv and all, I wished hard for a similar book to come along... but a little less YA... and with more graphic steamy scenes (and yes, I am ha
Claire Robinson
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 - "You aren't alone..." Stars!

ITs LIVE!

Amazon US: www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCU752A
Amazon UK: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MCU752A
B&N: www.barnesandnoble.com/w/win-some-los...

It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of Shay Savage’s writing, I think the one thing you know to expect with her stories is that they are never going to be what you are completely expecting, and she never writes the same thing twice, so everything is always new, fresh, thoughtful and totally addictive.

Win Some, Lose Som
Nilufer Ozmekik
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 winning stars. I haven’t read such a sweet, heartwarming, unique YA novel for a long time!
Matthew and Marley are memorable and amazing characters. It’s really hard to find such sweet, kind and lovely hero and heroine when you’re reading romances.
I loved Matthew’s efforts to gather his strength to involve in normal teenage life. I ached for him when he suffers from his panic attacks and people told him mean things but I respected his steadiness, his determination. He finally found a way of bei
Shay Savage
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming out in October! A sweet, funny, and heart-felt romance. :)
Paige
5 "Win. So Much Win" Stars

This story was pretty much all the best things. I loved the POV. I loved the slow burning friendship turned so much more. I loved that it was realistic with just enough romantic idealism. I loved that even thought it was YA, it was really so much more than that. I loved that it was obvious Ms. Savage did her research. I loved that Matthew and Myra were perfect for each other but not at all over the top about it. I seriously loved all the things about this book.

Win.

Denna✌
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!!! This book was AMAZING!!! I absolutely loved everything about it. Matthew was amazing, just everything about him was real! I felt like I was going through everything with him, not gonna lie felt like I was holding back tears through the whole book. He was beautiful, so freaking sweet and REAL! This book had real life problems not crazy ow drama that every author puts in their books but actual real issues some people deal with on a daily basis and it was beautiful to read! Mayra was awesom ...more
Dilek VT
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dilek VT by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
“Life is full of ups and downs. You win some days; you lose others. That’s just how it works.”

This was a sweet and heartwarming teenage romance. It is told by only the hero’s point of view and this is good because we need to be in his head to understand why he acts the way he acts.

Matthew Rohan is different. He has Asperger’s Syndrome, which means having severely impaired social skills, restrictive and repetitive behaviors and often, a narrow set of interests. Asperger’s syndrome is now consi
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 48aa2e262f97bf22a0df4096bca35e_zpscn5jtqdg.gif

Breathtaking. Beautiful. Honest. Real. These are the few words that immediately comes to mind when describing how amazing Win Some, Lose Some by Shay Savage. Before I go on describing how this book is a winning read, I have a confession to make. This happens to be the first book that I have read from this author and I am completely blown away by Shay’s writing and characters. Shay delicately and sensitively wrote a story dealing with Asperg
Alp
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25/5

Like my dad always said—you win at some things in life, and you lose at others. Before Mayra, I'd been satisfied just trying to keep a balance. Now I felt like there was no way I could lose as long as she was with me.

Such a beautiful and inspiring story!

With a mild form of autism, eighteen-year-old Matthew Rohan, was struggling to live a normal life on his own after losing both parents within three months. At school, almost everyone had thought he was different and weird, and some of the
Cyndi
This book is amazing! The hero Matthew has high functioning autism and being inside his head was wonderful! I loved knowing his thoughts and reactions and because the writing is so good I never missed Mayra's POV. Mayra is a great heroine- she was a popular soccer player- but was always kind to Matthew, even when other kids weren't. Working together on a science project was all it took to get their relationship rolling. Reading this reminded me of what a great writer Shay Savage is- Transcendenc ...more
Chantal ❤️
NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS BOOK

In fact I am convinced I would have given it 5 stars here as I was so emotionally invested in the hero Matthew.

This book was too personal for me!
I could see my daughter's daily struggle in his character. It was just too much for me here!
The abuse the hero undergoes while in school is overwhelming for me. I am in tears every time someone calls him a freak and I can understand his uncle Travis's need to protect him. That was me at one time.
My daughter is just out of
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 SUPER SWEET and ADORABLE Stars

I love Shay Savage, she’s the type of author you never know what you are going to get. Each book she writes is completely different and I’m taken to a different book world each time I read one of her books. I instantly one clicked Win Some, Lose Some because of the blurb. It’s different and I have a soft spot for young love.

Matthew is one of kind. He has Asperger’s Syndrome, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t any less lovable. The star of the book is Matthew and I lo
Janie
I went into this book not really knowing what to expect. This book was absolutely amazing. The characters were so unbelievably sweet. There were definitely bumps in the road. Matthew had to work a lot harder at being in a relationship than most guys. But he never shied away from it because Mayra was worth that and so much more to him. It seemed totally believable the way their relationship progressed and the timing. I definitely recommend this one.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
★★ 4.5 stars!! ★★

Can you imagine living in a world without being able to understand jokes or pick up on social cues or enjoy being surprised? I can’t, personally, but what makes Shay Savage and her writing in Win Some, Lose Some so brilliant is that you become immersed in the life of someone who does. Her poignant depiction of Matthew, a young man with Asperger’s Syndrome, is absolute perfection.

Matthew is a tenderhearted, eighteen-year-old orphan who lives by himself in his childhood home, atte
Barbara➰
I absolutely loved every minute of this book. It was everything I look for in a romance. Told entirely from Matthew's POV, my heart wanted to shatter into a million pieces at times. But the love between these two was phenomenal and then my heart just burst with happiness! Cheesy I know, but it was just absolutely perfect and I'm sad it ended. Matthew may not have been "perfect" to others but he definitely made my book-boyfriend list.
“You…what you’ve done for me…you…you’re…you’re everything to
Michelle
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Coming Soon Square copy

Teaser 1 copy

Win Some, Lose Some is a New Adult standalone novel by Shay Savage that focuses on two (of age) high school students who are polar opposites.

Matthew Rohan, the orphaned, eighteen year old senior who has Asperger’s Syndrome, who needs order to his life in order to avoid panicking over new situations. And Mayra Trevino, the pretty and popular high school senior who has become Matthew’s new partner for a class assignment.

WSLS follows these two as they navigate new feelings and adjustments neede
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of "feel good" moving books
5 touching and giggling stars.

photo Win some_zpsbiujiffd.jpg

I bought this one the day of its release and I’m happy I did it! Matthew and Mayra’s story was everything I was looking for. It was moving, funny, thoughtful, enlightening, a little bit heartbreaking and wonderful!

Matthew is eighteen and on the mild side of autism spectrum. He suffers from Asperger syndrome. Orphaned for one year, he lives alone his last year of high school. His uncle Travis and aunt Bethany wanted him to come live with them but he is determined to
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
5 Beautiful Stars

Meet my latest hero crush... his name is Matthew Rohan and he's not your usual, cookie-cutter hero. He's different, special... he's got Asperger's and OCD but there is something about him that is irresistible. Maybe it's his huge heart, his courage, his undying devotion for the woman he loves. Or maybe it's his passion and his intellect. He may be hard to understand and deal with a lot of the time, but he more than makes up for it with his noble, honest heart. And oh yeah, it do
Young Adult Conte...: #42 Win Some, Lose Some by Shay Savage 3 11 Dec 01, 2017 12:30PM
  • Snowflakes & Fire Escapes
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Phase (Phase Trilogy, #1)
  • Waking Up
  • Running Barefoot
  • Letters to Nowhere (Letters to Nowhere, #1)
  • Take Me with You (Count on Me, #3)
  • Jake
  • The Viscount in Her Bedroom (Willow Pond, #3)
  • Dante's Angel (The Breakers' Bad Boys, #3)
  • Crushed
  • How It Rolls (Love and Skate, #2)
  • Pieces of Me
  • Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)
  • Charity Rising (Charity, #2)
  • Breaking Point (The Order of the Elements #1)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more
“Son, you win some days; you lose others.  That’s just how it works.” Today was a lose day. ~oOo~” 2 likes
“I always thought the lottery was a tax on people with poor math skills,” 1 likes