Start by marking “The Next Flame (Fall Away, #4 & 4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Next Flame (Fall Away, #4 & 4.5)

The Next Flame (Fall Away #4 & 4.5)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  584 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
New York Times bestseller Penelope Douglas introduces the next generation in her Fall Away series in Next to Never, together for the first time with her bestselling novella, Aflame....

Published May 2nd 2017 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Next Flame, please sign up.

Maria Karamintzou Aflame paperbacks are out of stock for a long time and that's why Penelope wrote Next To Never so they'll be printed combined with the new title The…moreAflame paperbacks are out of stock for a long time and that's why Penelope wrote Next To Never so they'll be printed combined with the new title The Next Flame which comes out May 2nd!(less)

Penelope Douglas
Sep 04, 2016 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)
*Please note: The Next Flame is the 2 in 1 version consisting of Aflame and Next to Never together. If you've been waiting for Aflame in paperback, this is it. The ebook and paperback versions of the 2 in 1 will be released May 2, 2017. If you'd only like to read Next to Never, it will be released in ebook form on Jan. 17, 2017.

Next to Never here---> https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
➳What a compilation this was...

➳Check out the synopsis because it will keep you at least on your toes for a while until May 2nd comes...
➳The Fall Away Series:
Bully (Fall Away #1)Until You (Fall Away 1.5)Rival (fall Away #2)Falling Away (Fall Away #3)Aflame (Fall Away #4) Next To Never (Fall Away 4.5)
➳Pre-Order Link:
Amazon Kindle and Paperback

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Rachel Reads Ravenously
No rating as this is 2 books in 1. Below are my reviews for Next to Never and Aflame.

3.75 stars!

“That’s the hardest thing about being a parent. Living through heartache, bearing your struggles, learning the hard lessons the hard way, and enduring years of climbing a wall only to fall back down and have to start all over again . . .”

Next to Never opens with Quinn, the younger sister of Jared and Madoc, two characters from the Fall Away series. Quinn is seventeen and doesn’t k
Mariℓina
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Next to Never
Under the close watch of the men in her family, Quinn Caruthers has found it nearly impossible to spread her wings—or even date—without her three older brothers, Jared, Madoc, and Jaxon, jumping in to hover. And when a family friend—several years older—from her childhood still holds her heart, she knows they’re going to be a problem. Lucas Morrow is a man, and knowing her brothers, he may as well be forbidden.

But years ago, Lucas left town and shows no signs of returning. Quinn know
Jessica
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
MY BABIES. Tate and Jared are definitely my favorite couple of the Fall Away series and they hold a special place in my heart. The fact that Jared LEAVES and comes back after TWO YEARS to win Tate back had me freaking out. Why couldn't my babies have just been happy?

This book holds two novellas in the Fall Away series, but since I have read Next to Never separately and already reviewed that story, I am only going to be talking about Aflame, the first story in this book. Aflame is over 260 pages
Kristin
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Aflame: (3 stars)

Just when you thought all the drama was over, Tate and Jared kick it up a notch. Jared took off two years ago to find himself, and during that time Tate moved on, and now Jared's come back and realized his mistake. Like previous books, these two dance around each other the majority of the time and it's a push-pull between them.

I will say that I enjoyed getting to see everyone. We meet back up with all the characters
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed separately
Bella
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all who love true love and just a boom story!
Ok if I could give this book a million stars I would! I loved everything Penelope and I love everything and anything from this series!

I loved that I got more of Jared and Tate I mean these two are what true love is all about. I loved loved that we got both POV's it made me so happy.

OK I am going to give my self a day to let it all set in and be back for a review! But a HIGHLY suggest this series you wont regret it !!

I never know what to really write when giving my review of Pen's books, I mean
Novel Grounds
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is the Compilation novel of Aflame and Next to Never from Penelope Douglas. Previously separate, you can now get these novels TOGETHER!

Also, they are Fantastic.

I couldn't put them down. There is something about reading a novella that just gives you a quick transport back to characters and worlds that you love. That is exactly what you get here. Jump back and fall in love. Get prepared to be itching for more and get read to go one-click for PW because this book leaves you craving!

Thanks to B
Lauren
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I've already read the Aflame ebook awhile ago but I reread it again because it was so good to get the ending for Tate and Jared but I had never read Next to Never which is the story of Jared's mother and Madoc's father and the beginning of there daughter Quinn's story mixed in. Quinn receives a mysterious package with a romance book inside from an unknown person and while reading the book she discovers it's the story of her parents love affair with some pretty graphic sex since it was her parent ...more
VEL
4.5 "Stay Gold Ponyboy" with a nice little addition of " Here's looking at you Kid"!

I love this series and all the characters!!

There are so many, but each one has their own history and adult life. Their lives just captures my interest wanting to know more & more from them.

A well and cleverly written instalment. I'm so looking forward the the next one......There us going to be a best right?!?!?!
Neha
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, technically I have read this book because I've read Aflame and Next to Never separately so I'm shelving it in 'Read'.
Bev
May 02, 2017 marked it as no-thanks
This is a combo of the previous 2 novellas already read so not re-reading it.
Jalen Colbert
Sep 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
So excited !!!!
Hannah
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aflame - "Aflame is so much more than just another chapter of Tate and Jared's story. It's a beautiful farewell to every character in this series... Madoc and Fallon, Jax and Juliet, parents, siblings, friends, their lives as they knew it. Everything changes in this book. Penelope Douglas' deep love and respect for these characters comes through these pages in droves. It's obvious that it's her desire to send them off with the farewell they so deserve, to bring them to a place we can all be cont ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review **

For the 1st time Penelope Douglas has combined two books; Aflame & Next To Never into one unique twist of a book… The Next Flame of the Fall Away Series. You still get to experience all your favorite characters from the series, as well experience new perspective from the past.

Aflame follows Jared Trent and Tatum Brandt on their journey of quest. Tatum’s heart was owned by Jared all through high school. He strung her along until h
Amanda
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Douglas step-cest series continues or rather gives readers the novellas that ran between the installments so that readers of this series could have the "full series" in one whole physical set.

The Next Flame is actually just Aflame and Next to Never in one book its not really a new book. Its essentially a gathering of a story the same as she did for Until You, which fell between Bully and Rival when it was released in print. Same thing here.

If you haven't read this series yet I highly suggest
Lucinda Jester Smith
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though The Next Flame is the original Aflame and Next to Never combined I still loved it, this was one of those that if you've already read it, it is worth a re-read! Penelope Douglas Fall Away Series is without a doubt one of the BEST series out there today. I fell in love with the characters and their stories beginning with Bully, this author has a way with words for sure! I promise you that you will be hooked from the first book until the last one! As always this was the end as far as we ...more
Marilyn Metzger
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this twice since it had a different title¿?????????

Still...both books were wonderful. As all others I lived through the characters...great development. It was enlightening to see how the younger generation developed through the experiences of the prior.

Please, please let us know about Quinn and Lucas!!!! I wish their story was here NOW!!!
Thomas
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was differemt from Penelope's other book, to me it was setting up the next generation of the Fall Away series. From what I've read I'm real excited for them to come out, I'm just hoping one of the books isn't a love triangle, I kinda got that feeling with three of the characters.
Celine
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, favorites
I definitely need more of this series considering I fall for each character every single time. It all just seems wonderful to see after all their struggles they end up with the family they aspire for. Alas, life isn't always what it seems to be. I need to know what happens to every pair of them.
Megan Crisp
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you have book 4 and 4.5 do not buy this book, this book is just book 4 & 5 together. I didn't realize this when I grabbed it so excited to read Quinn's story... ooops... for my reviews of bk. 4 & 4.5 its there :)
Katy
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Wish I knew more about Quinn and the boy who took her hat, maybe someday.
Fatima
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Un lecturita de lo mas light, o de salon como diria mi amiga Dahiana. Entretenida.
Latisha
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
LOVE the Fall Away series and Penelope Douglas books!
Criz
201728
Nicole
May 15, 2017
Bianca
Oct 22, 2017
Penelope Douglas is a full-time writer living in Las Vegas with her husband and their daughter. When she's not writing or reading, she loves road-tripping, touring retired, old ships, and pinning anything not nailed down.

Her books include the Fall Away series (Bully, Until You, Rival, Falling Away, Aflame, and Next to Never) and the Devil's Night series (Corrupt, Hideaway, Kill Switch, and Nightf
More about Penelope Douglas...

Fall Away (4 books)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Rival (Fall Away, #2)
  • Falling Away (Fall Away, #3)
  • Aflame (Fall Away, #4)
“Chicks–even eight-year-old chicks–were complicated. Women didn’t want to tell you what was wrong flat out. Oh, no. It couldn’t be that easy. You had to get a shovel and dig it out of them.” 0 likes