Start by marking “Kids Go To Work Day” as Want to Read:
Kids Go To Work Day

Kids Go To Work Day

Let’s look for careers on a field trip of our own!
In Kids Go to Work Day, you’ll join students exploring possible careers as they take charge of their own version of Take Your Sons and Daughters to Work Day. They plan and go on fun field trips to companies that have jobs that match their particular interests. A culinary school shares career options in the restaurant and f
Published October 25th 2016 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

To ask other readers questions about Kids Go To Work Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids Go To Work Day

Start your review of Kids Go To Work Day
Paul Franco
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
You don’t have to put much thought into what this book is about, as the title spells it out concisely. A bit of a sequel to the previous STEM Club offering, this time they look at jobs that aren’t as scientific while visiting a candy factory—I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate on jobs while visiting there!—a nonprofit, a culinary school, and a magazine.
A little cutesy, but good, though not as good as the first one. The illustrations do the job, especially with people; the nonprofit hipster
Katie Simmons
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Growing up in a small town, in central Kansas, I know what it is like not having a lot of jobs available that matched my interests, or even the career education that would help lead me to interested jobs. I found this book highly educational. Made me wish that this would have been written when I was a child. Who wouldn't want to know more about what a non-profit is, or what exactly they do at a magazine? Several other careers are also exposed in this book!

Thank you Greenleaf Book Group Press and
Medeia Sharif
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I can see the use of this book and presenting the subject to children. The book felt off as far as length and intended age group. The vocabulary and word count make it seem like it's for older kids. The illustrations did not show up in my electronic ARC, so the text looked dialogue-heavy without any visuals. I read this via NetGalley, courtesy of the publisher.
Andréa
Nov 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
Note: I received a digital galley of this book through NetGalley.
Lois Melbourne
Aug 17, 2017
Bint Adam
marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2017
Author Lois Melbourne, of the My Future Story series, inspires readers to identify their passions, explore them, and shape their own future stories. As an entrepreneur and CEO of a talent management software company, Lois Melbourne loved her career, and especially loved spending time connecting with people, mentoring, and selling software. Now on to a new passion, Melbourne has created My Future S ...more

News & Interviews