Start by marking “This is Love (The Checkmate Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
This is Love (The Checkmate Duet, #2)

This is Love (Checkmate Duet #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  4,591 Ratings  ·  528 Reviews
Viola Fisher is the epitome of perfection.
She despises my one-night stands and mocks my less-than-classy habits.
She’s smart, beautiful, and too good to be true.
And I want her.

If she were anyone else, I’d have made my move years ago, but considering she’s my best friend’s little sister, she’s always been off-limits. Not to mention how much she loathes my very existence.

Hat
ebook
Published December 13th 2016

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

Checkmate This is War (The Checkmate Duet, #1) by Kennedy Fox This is Love (The Checkmate Duet, #2) by Kennedy Fox

READING MY ARC ASAP!

Book 2 in duet
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

Books in the Checkmate duet should be read in order:
Book 1: Checkmate: This is War
Book 2: Checkmate: This is Love

ARC provided to me by authors Kennedy Fox in exchange for an honest review.
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!

This is Love picks up where Kennedy Fox left us in This is War, with Travis in the hospital and everyone else waiting for an explanation from him. I felt like this book had a different feel to it than Book 1 since Travis and Viola have reached a truce by the time this book started. I was honestly okay with that though since their characters didn't change and these authors were able to keep Travis and Viola's personalities the same.

Gone was the anger that surrounded
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Travis King! :) You owned my heart and soul. I love your smartass mouth, your talented tongue & fingers and pls don't even get me started your magic d@ck too! :-D Well as you can see, I loved everything about you but l loved your sweet and thoughtful side of you more. It was so nice to meet with you Travis. <3

Kennedy Fox
Dec 13, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: kennedyfoxbooks
**ON SALE FOR ONLY $.99 ON ALL PLATFORMS!**
iTunes: http://apple.co/2gdKeSC
B&N: http://bit.ly/2fGKCWV
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2flZ0pn
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2gTGZ2L
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2gOpSN9

Checkmate: This is Love, book 2 in the Checkmate Duet, an enemies to lovers romance
BUY LINKS ---> http://bit.ly/2fPE4a5

photo TIL_teaser2 copy 2_zps7ynhwj4t.jpg

photo TIL_teaser10_zpsc8miklyp.jpg
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***3 STARS***

It was like reading a book that didn't match with book one. It was okay, I guess.

Review to come...
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 10c91d77208a5c4d34167c43890a86_zps3ntbvtx2.gif

Enemies to lovers. Check! Best friend’s little sister trope. Check! A fun and sexy romance that was a whirlwind of angst and drama. Double Check!

I think Kennedy Fox is well aware that I needed to get my greedy hands on the This is Love: Checkmate Duet since I was dying to know what will happen with Travis and Viola. And let me just say, Kennedy Fox did not disappoint as they treated their fans to a whirlwind romance that had me totally smi
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

After that HUGE cliffhanger in “This is War”, I think it’s safe to say that everyone was on pins and needles to find out what was going to happen in “This is Love”. Travis and Viola embarked on a forbidden romance behind her brother’s back that took them to new heights. What started out as an all out war, turned into something that they both knew was in their future.

“I know the risk of the game we’re playing. I know what we have to lose, but there’s so much more to win. Viola F
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
4.5 Traviola stars

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

After the brutal cliffhanger that left all of us gasping in This is War, I was dying to get my hands on This is Love. My expectations were sure high, but this book more than exceeded them.

I found it, anyway, quite different from the first instalment and I couldn’t had liked it any better.
If in This is War we see Travis’ more a-hole-ish version, here we see a gentler side of him. Sure, he’s still an alpha smartass who is
Jiana
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half was super boring and if you ask me what exactly happened, I'd only give you very general points because I got so distracted as I was reading.

The second half was better and slightly redeemed the book for me. Travis and Viola grew on me a bit as a couple and as individuals but they're not really memorable.

I'm super excited for Drew and Courtney's story because they're both really interesting characters!
Lisa Jayne

THREE CHECKMATE STARS.

"I would wait a lifetime for you, and I mean it."

description

This second book in the checkmate duet series provides the conclusion to the love story between Viola Fisher and Travis King. Kennedy fox, are already set up to be a successful erotic writing duo and if you like your books hot and raunchy then this two part series will most definitely suit your tastes. From drama to romance, and enemies who have found love I was impressed with this debut duet by 'team Fox' and although it d
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'My Princess' Stars!

This is Love got more emtional (and romantic!) so it was even better for me! Loved this couple and the surprises we had in this book. I really enjoyed this duet about Travis and Viola and I can't wait to read Drew and Courtney's love story!
Michelle
Luvd Luvd Luvd.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

This book left off where the last ended thank god. I needed this book so much after the way the last book ended. Travis and Viola's story is just as crazy in this book as the last. I didn't think there was goin to be as many twists in it. I thought other think mite of happened that didn't my head was all over the place in a good way. I luvd what happened i was in the edge throughout the whole book. I m still in luv with Travis and actually felt sorry for him in this book. He is a
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
I NEED A RELEASE DATE! Someone give me a release date. Travis are you there?
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
4.0 "NO MORE GAMES" STARS!!!

The King finally returned!!!Swoon!!! Talk about ovary explosion guarantee because this book is just it and then more.

To be real honest, this duet is my first Kennedy Fox read, so yes Travis King popped my Kennedy Fox V-card. And boy, I wasn't disappointed. This book is more than what I expected. From the cliffy in the first book that had me so excited to get my hands to the next installment, I was hooked. Kennedy Fox' writing just owned me. I can count all the ways w
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Travis King Was Always Meant To Be Mine Stars
(ARC provided by authors)

photo 36EF7CF1-74B0-49DE-823C-C053F5882A70_zpsh7p4jgcd.jpg

Travis King & Viola Fisher had a complicated relationship in the last book. They grew up best friends & have loved each other since they were children, but a misunderstanding tore them apart. They had serious sexual tension & enjoyed flinging insults while Viola spent her spring break living with Travis & her brother Drew. Passion ignited and they shared some seriously hot hate sex that eventually turned i
Erica&#x1f4da;&#x1f495; ( Ericalovesbooks)
Shannon Moore
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Travis effing King. Let's just take a moment here and start the slow clap because damn he turned out so swoony and perfect!!! Loved him.

Not a fan of the drama scene/moment, it was pretty weak and there was a massive overreaction but I loved him the entire time. <3
RentasticReads
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I know our relationship may seem unconventional to some, but it’s our story, and it’ll always be my favorite one...” -Travis King

I can't take it. I. Can't. If you thought This is War was fantastic, addictive and took you out for one helluva ride? (I DID!) Well guess what—this one is just holy freaking phenomenal! Think all that you experienced in book one, then multiply it to about a hundred. That's how I felt after I finished reading this! Well, aside from the fact that that ending almost ga
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're back with Viola & Travis.
We basically start where we left them....remember?

Viola just got a call that Travis is in the hospital - he was in an accident - but he wasn't alone in the car! Drew's ex Mia was naked in the backseat!!!

Off to the hospital we go, to get to the bottom of this whole mess.
What was Mia doing in that car with Travis?
We hear a little about that in the first chapter - Travis lets us know a bit about how he ends up with Mia. But of course we don't know everything yet!
Violina The Romance Lover

The perfect end for Travis King and his Princess Viola Fisher! Can't wait for the next book! REVIEW TO COME!
Andie

This one felt a lot different from book 1 but I still enjoyed it a lot.
Shayna
Everything is better in twos! The Checkmate Duet is a deliciously sexy and passion filled romance that will make you laugh and swoon from beginning to end. An absolute thrill to read cover to cover! Nobody does enemies-to-lovers romance quite like the dynamic duo of Kennedy Fox!

THIS IS LOVE is a complete SWOON-WORTHY and SEXY read! This enemies-to-lovers love story takes a sweet and romantic turn in the final installment of Kennedy Fox's Checkmate Duet. THIS IS LOVE had the absolute PERFECT blen
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're back with Viola & Travis.
We basically start where we left them....remember?

Off to the hospital we go, to get to the bottom of this whole mess.
What was Mia doing in that car with Travis?
Paige
3.5 "Checkmate" Stars

This is Love is the culmination of years of pent up frustration and sexual tension between Travis and Viola. After the ending of This is War, these two hate-lovers are once again on unsure footing trying to navigate their new feelings, old fears and a brother/best friend who would hate everything to do with the two of them together. As Travis and Viola try to figure out if they fit in each other's lives, their own lives are taking shape leaving them once again at odds.

This
Sophie
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this Duet! Travis King is definitely a sexy hero and he found his match in Viola! I loved the way their story ended, but there were some scenes where I didn't like them as much. In some there was unnecessary drama and on others I needeneeded more angst. However, I'm team Traviola and I can't wait to read Drew' s & Courtney's story!!
Pam Nelson
3 This is Love Stars

I wanted to read this second part so much after the first book. But I am disappointed; it felt like I read the story before many times. Even with the surprises in store.

My favorite character is Travis, he is who I was rooting for he really grew as a character and I loved that. I loved how the story unfolded for him.

Viola and I we just don’t mix no matter how much I wanted to like her. I felt like she was childish and selfish, ugh I hate even saying that. I just have strong
Juanita
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audios
Ok Travis redeem himself in this one for me :D
Elizarey
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-_netgalley
 photo 1BC54771-89F3-4679-8E6D-12161A27EB9C_zpsxo18qdnw.jpeg

I loved this book!! I enjoyed it more that the first book, even though I still really liked it. Viola is 100 times more confident and I loved that!! Travis was soo sweet in this book, I loved that he tried so much to prove to Vi that he was going to be a better friend/boyfriend. I'm so excited for Drew and Courtney's book, I can't wait to see where their stories go!!

photo 9B675793-D298-4AE3-A64E-A3733FC76929_zps9zv2dfpb.jpg
Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of You’ve Got Mail and The Holiday. When they aren’t bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that’ll make your lady bits tingle and your ...more

Checkmate Duet (6 books)
  • Checkmate: This is War (Travis & Viola, #1) (Checkmate Duet, #1)
  • Checkmate: This is Reckless (Drew & Courtney, #1) (Checkmate Duet, #3)
  • Checkmate: This is Effortless (Drew & Courtney, #2) (Checkmate Duet, #4)
  • Checkmate: This is Dangerous (Logan & Kayla, #1) (Checkmate Duet #5)
  • Checkmate: This is Beautiful (Logan & Kayla, #2) (Checkmate Duet, #6)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“So, are you saying you’re all in?” I ask, desperate to hear her say the words. She sucks in her lips and nods. “Yes. I am.” 0 likes
“That’s torture,” I whine as we sit on the couch together, only a small throw pillow between us. “Coming in here, smelling up my house with banana bread and coffee and you, and I can’t have any of it.” I pout, getting a laugh out of her.” 0 likes