Start by marking “Blackbird (Redemption, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blackbird (Redemption, #1)

Blackbird

(Redemption #1)

From New York Times bestselling author Molly McAdams comes a powerhouse romantic suspense that will have you questioning your morals and second guessing your view on love.

I live in a world few know exist. I’ve trained for this. I know what to say, what to do, and how to act. I’ve perfected the lethal calm required for this life.
Now it’s time to buy my first girl. But all
352 pages
Published February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blackbird, please sign up.
Asteropê It's not published yet. It'll be published: 28 Feb 2017

You can buy it via Amazon UK:

Here's the Amazon US kind…more
It's not published yet. It'll be published: 28 Feb 2017

You can buy it via Amazon UK:

Here's the Amazon US kindle:
Says it's unavailable for purchase though.
I'm going to assume, at this time, you'd have to buy it via Amazon UK?

Sometimes books are published first outside the US, than weeks/months later are made available to the US. Don't know if that'll occur in this case or not. The publisher - Headline - is a UK publisher, so it makes sense that it'd be made available in the UK first.

You could check the author's website frequently to see if she adds any retail links for the book, to see if a Amazon US one is made available.

You can pre-order it on iBooks:

It could be possible Amazon US is just slow in adding the entry, or there was some sort of glitch.

(less)

Start your review of Blackbird (Redemption, #1)
Candace
'Blackbird' is the first book in Molly McAdams 'Redemption' series and is a lot darker than her previous works. I have enjoyed just about every book that I've read by Ms. McAdams and as a lover of dark romance, I was very excited to hear that she was trying her hand at writing "darker" romance. While not as dark as I was hoping for, 'Blackbird' proves to be a captivating read.

The story centers on Briar Chapman, a young lady that comes from a wealthy family. She is finishing up college and is eng
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

”…she sang when she was scared.”

[image error]

Molly McAdams delivers a dark standalone novel and it's very well done. The story seems like your standard fall in love with your captor tale until she hits you with several very clever twists!

description

Briar Rose Chapman is happily engaged to Kyle Armstrong, the Governor of Georgia’s son. She helps a coworker out by taking her shift at work and finds herself taken and later sold to the highest bidder, a man named Lucas Holt.

Lucas has a mentor na
Olga therebelreader
5 huge stars for Blackbird. With her words, the author draws you into the crazy and dangerous world of human trafficking. Briar Rose Chapman is kidnapped; she wakes up and finds herself auctioned off to be a sex slave. Her buyer, Lucas Holt, is dark, mysterious and stunningly handsome.

Lucas shrouds his true identity - one that he finds difficult to conceal when he wants so much to surrender his hearty and soul to the irresistible Briar. As the weeks pass, Briar finds herself drawn to him. They
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Blackbird stars

“Because he is the darkness
He is the devil….
…and I love him”

I have no words, this book was amazing,brilliant and captivating!I devoured it, everything about it, was fantastic!The story has unique characters,flawless writing and fantastic plot.Do I need to say anything else to make you read it?

description

Blackbird was dark,twisted,raw but also beautiful and intense.I have never read anything like this, the story was unique and original.I can't really say anything about the story because I
☽•☾-Ari

4.5 devil stars

The last book I read was a complete bummer, therefore you have to understand that I was very hungry for a good dark romance with all the dark elements. And then came along this book.

And oh. my. god.

I fucking loved this book!

This was the first book I've read by McAdams, and bloody hell am I a fan! I knew! I kind of knew right from the beginning of the prologue that I was either going to end up loving the shit out of it, or freaking hating it.. because experience. And god did I
Jen
****4.5 Stars****

This was my first time reading a "Molly McAdams" book...and I will say that I was pleasantly surprised, and am now questioning why I waited so long! I have heard that this was her first try at a darker romance story, and I think she did a wonderful job of it! Some readers may feel that it wasn't dark enough; but my mood must have been right where it needed to be for this book...as I thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why so many others ha
Cristal Jatip
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Although this book is written well and the author has her signature angst and drama I just can't get behind the blatant romanticizing of sex and human trafficking. The author redeems that later in the story and it ties in with the ending but I wish she would have gone another route for the story. That is why I give this 2 stars.

Sex rings and human trafficking are not cute and the victims rarely get a happy ending. I know this is fiction but there are real victims and real stories.

I wish she wou
Syndi
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am very torn giving this book rating. I am hoovering between 3 and 4 stars. This is my first read by Miss McAdams. When I picked up the audiobook, I thought this book is goong to be dark and twisted. Only at the beginning...

Then it starts to dwendle from there. It tirns to be more romance in the middle then pick up the dark and twisted toward the end. I do like the angst, the drama, the forbidden romance between Lucas and Briar. Their chemistry does sizzle.

I want more of that dark and twiste
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Molly McAdams is one of those authors that I will always want to read books from. She has battered my heart quite a bit in the past few years, okay that is a lie and I am not the only one who still hasn't gotten over reading Taking Chances :( What I'm trying to say is I go into her books with the happy knowledge that I am going to enjoy what I am about to read. Therefore, when I began reading Blackbird I was like WTF, why is Molly taking me to such a dark place?

Yes, Molly McAdams can write dark
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
"Blackbird fly, blackbird fly. Into the light of the dark black night."

I have nothing but all good praises for Molly McAdams. Blackbird is a proof of how talented she is as an author. How brilliant she is for amazingly delivered a story so unforgettable, a story that will really leave a mark to all the readers. Because Blackbird? It's Molly McAdams at her finest. This is her masterpiece!
“Because he is the darkness
He is the devil….
…and I love him”

I admit, reading this book
Karen Mc
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The devil is not as black as he is painted.

Molly McAdams painted her latest book in black with the deliciously dark romance, Blackbird. I went into this battle of feels blindly, this book delivering darkness like raindrops from the sky. No pep talk or words of wisdom would have helped me walk through the pits of hell where the devil reigned, where I could only pray for a sliver of sunshine. All I could do was dive in and silently beg for mercy on my emotions, hoping they would stay at bay.

After
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

You know what happens when you think you have it all and nothing can be more perfect than in that moment? It gets taken away. Your sense of security, your hopes and dreams all gone within the blink of an eye because you were in a bubble of being untouchable. You see the funny thing is, as much as we all think we have this perfect world and our lives are good, were not exempt from being destroyed. We’re, not exempt from evil lurking around and holding us in its grip. WE’RE. NOT.
Ari
Mar 09, 2017 added it
“Our forever started that first night you decided to stay.”

To be quite honest, I don’t really know how to go about reviewing this book. I haven’t read a book that left me this speechless in a while and the fact that it was romance book written by Molly McAdams has me even more shook.

Briar Chapman had a seemingly perfect life until one day it was all taken from her. She is kidnapped and sold to Lucas Holt, a man who could only be described as the Devil. Briar pleads with him to let he
Anjee
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
I’m not quite sure how it happened so fast. One word can describe this novel for me. Turmoil. Complete Turmoil. The. Entire. Time. One minute my heart was in my throat the next it was in my stomach. I didn’t know if I wanted it to stop beating or continue. Crazy.
I’ve read quite a few dark books. And while this is a dark romance that is surrounded by a big mystery about her captor it gripped me from the beginning. My friends know I am a HUGE sucker for dark books. I like it to hurt. I like it to
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read dark books and have never read a Molly McAdams book so I was so excited to give this one a try. Raw, gritty, and exciting are words that come to mind when I think of this book. I was shocked over and over with the OMG moments and emotional in the moments that the words took my breath away. Full review to come. I look forward to more in this series.
Tiffany Readz
Not That Dark-But Good

For a non-dark writer/reader, this may seem like a darker book, however for a reader of the darker genre, M.S. Willis, CJ Roberts, Pepper Winters and Mary E. Palmerin, this is a tip toe into the dark side. However, I did like the story line and the curve balls Molly McAdams threw at her readers. This review may be vague to protect the storyline.

"He was my darkness. He was my own personal demon sent from hell."

And I liked him instantly. The minute one of these hardened men
Michell Hall casper
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK!!!

I finished this book days ago and I still can't get it out of my head. And I still have no clue how to review it. I don't think my words will be enough.

We all know what to expect from a Molly McAdams read. Ugly cries, broken hearts, anger and then for the most part she will piece us back together word by beautiful word. But then she goes and gives us this! What the H*LL just happened?!?!?!

BLACKBIRD is so different then anything she has written thus far. And I think it is some of h
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I can honestly say that Blackbird was one of the best books I have read in a really long time. It had the amazing feels of a "dark" novel but it was so much more than that. It had an underlying mystery, scorching chemistry, a strong heroine and an amazing broody and INTENSE (anti)hero. It was just so phenomenal. I loved everything about this book!!!

The novel starts off with a bang as Briar Chapman is being transported to a slave trafficking auction after being kidnapped. Through brief vignettes
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 Stars
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.75/5

Review to come!
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book a few days ago and have been struggling to write a review ever since. We all know what to expect from a Molly McAdams book: ugly cry, angst, anger, and broken hearts. Molly really stepped out of her normal genre with this one. It was different than any of her other ones which I all loved. This one was dark and suspenseful and angsty and made me want to scream at times. I don't normally read dark books but this one just may have been changing me mind about the whole dark roma ...more
Carissa
Omg, this is my first Molly McAdams book and Im so impressed! I know this writes different genres, but this book sucked me in! Loved the action. I also am glad I went into this book blind. Totally unexpected. I look forward to reading more of this world.
Tangerine
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 STaRs

I haven't read anything by this author in a very long time and the book I did read I only read half of it so I was a little worried about going into this one. Turns out, I didn't have that much to worry about, I enjoyed this one very much. The storyline isn't one that I read often, I don't really like them if I'm being honest. The whole "Stockholm Syndrome" storyline doesn't work for me unless it's Beauty and the Beast ;) But this story was so much more than that. I didn't really care for
Tracy Reads
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i like the cover but going off this cover alone with no blurb it being coupled with this authors name is what would make me pick it up and not just the cover alone.

Wow not the usual read from this author yet i was still sucked into her world as soon as i read "fight me " i was hooked.
for the storyline of this book though i didn't hate Lucas from the get go which is weird but the way he was with her did not warrant my hate and i kept thinking at the back of my mind all can't be what it seems why
Shyralf
Apr 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. Ugh, I tried, not for me.
Sonal
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Before going into it, I thought this book might be dark with a heavy subject. I was trying to get into that mindset to read such a plot line but I was so so wrong. Yes, this story has some of that heavy topics like, human trafficking, kidnapping, a little emotional and physical abuse but nothing too heavy. There weren't any graphic scenes, any brutal abuse, just a very well written and planned out love story that touches on human trafficking.

Briar Chapman is gettin
Wit & Wonder Books
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

One of my ultimate LOVES when reading, is finding a piece of work from an author you love that is completely different from their usual style. Not only that, but finding that you may even be in love with that author just that little bit more because they just blew you away with what you believe is their BEST WORK YET!!

I have just finished ‘Blackbird’ by Molly McAdams and I’m stunned. I just don’t know how else to put it. This one is very diffe
Rebecca Shea
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Full review to come.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Stripped from You (Strip You, #1)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
  • The Scars That Define Us (The Devil's Dust, #2)
  • Elusive (Shipwreck, #1)
  • Tying the Knot (Thalia, #4)
  • Deviant (Deviant, #1)
  • Royal Bully (Mafia Royals, #0.5)
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Damage
  • Fifty First Times
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Collateral
  • 10 Years Later
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • What Doesn't Destroy Us (The Devil's Dust, #1)
  • A Demon in My Bed (Sons of Sariel, #1)
  • Empire (Eagle Elite, #7)
  • Ember (Eagle Elite, #5)
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur babies. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movi ...more

Redemption (3 books)
  • Firefly (Redemption, #2)
  • Nightshade (Redemption, #3)

News & Interviews