Start by marking “Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter” as Want to Read:
Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter

Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter

(Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter #1)

Every family has its secrets…

One hot August morning in 1892, Lizzie Borden picked up an axe and murdered her father and stepmother. Newspapers claim she did it for the oldest of reasons: family conflicts, jealousy and greed. But what if her parents were already dead? What if Lizzie slaughtered them because they’d become zombies?

Thrust into a horrific world where the walk
Published September 13th 2016 by Imajin Books

To ask other readers questions about Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter

Start your review of Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter
Montzalee Wittmann
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter (Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter) by C.A. Frustrates a different kind of book, for sure! I would guess that Lizzie would've preferred this version than real life. What I know from history books is her step-mother and her hated each other. Her father was wealthy but wouldn't have some of the basics in the house like a bath! He also was an unscrupulous business man that probably got him killed because he was not at all liked. Lizzie was stuck there due to society's rules ...more
Bark
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
This is a fast paced zombie/ghoul slaying tale that answers the question you never knew you had about the Lizzie Borden case. What if a zombie plague were the reason Lizzie Borden wacked her parents with an ax?

I LOVED this set up and that it jumps right into the grisly murders. And they are grisly. Unfortunately, for me at least, I had a little trouble with the aftermath of it all. The story follows the Borden trial and tries to stay true to events that happened in real life all while a zombie p
Sherry Fundin
I have been following C A Verstraete for a little while now, and was ecstatic when she asked if I wanted to review Lizzie Borden: Zombie Hunter and my reply was a resounding…YES.

Want to know what really happened in the Borden household on that fateful night? It’s not what you’re thinking and I love what the author has done with this familiar story of murder and betrayal. Sooooo, be prepared for a savage tale of survival.

Lizzie Borden: Zombie Hunter by C A Verstraete was a lot of what I expected,
Anna Willett
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Lizzie Borden discovers her father and stepmother have turned into flesh hungry zombies, she has no choice but to grab an axe and dispatch them. But when the police are called, Lizzie quickly finds herself on trial for their murders. Caught in the middle of a zombie outbreak and sworn to secrecy by a shadowy organisation battling the undead, Lizzie is drawn into a battle with the growing wave of zombies that threaten her town.
Lizzie Borden Zombie Hunter is fun take on a real life story that
Angela Crawford
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this story.

Red Lace Reviews
Lizzie Borden is in trouble - after killing her father and stepmother, she faces the scrutiny of officials, but what the law and the masses hurling insults outside her home don't know, is that she had to defend herself from them. They were no longer living flesh, but were mindless and intent on causing harm. Determined to protect her sister and help with the threat to society, Lizzie accepts the consequences of her actions. She just hopes the noose doesn't get to her first, before she can solve ...more
Erika Messer
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge Lizzie Borden fan, so anything that even has her name on it is fodder for my obsession and this fit that bill perfectly, and zombies too? Well that was too good to pass up. The first book started out pretty normally, just like the events of that day - but the difference is that Lizzie comes upon her stepmother (or stepmonster as some people who follow the case would call her) in the bedroom and when she turns around Lizzie sees something unspeakable and has no idea what is happening. ...more
Fleur
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I absolutely loved the twist on twist on the Lizzie Borden story, Lizzie is a level headed girl who likes to stay in control of situations and just get on with life but after strange and horrible things occur with Mrs Borden her step mother and her farther she learns life has many a horror hiding in plain sight. Life changes for Lizzie after she meets John who is to help her prepare for her trial and potential jail sentence. John introduces her to real life and what he and others have been doing ...more
Joyce Stokley
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably awesome

Wow I loved this twist on this true crime. As I'm a horror and true crime junky knew was gonna be good but was blown away how she took fact threw in zombies and produced this unbelievable work of art
Laura Thomas
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, zombies
I’m sure a lot of you are fascinated by the legend of Lizzie Borden. Did she truly hack her parents to death with an axe and get away with it? And, if so, why such a violent killing method?

Well, this book will answer your question. Perhaps, they were zombies? Oh yes. They were in this tale. And Lizzie had no choice but to whack them multiple times to make sure they died, again.

This was a fast, entertaining tale. You’ll get the events, the trial, and what comes after. The author follows much of t
Angela Crawford
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most of us know the tale of Lizzie Borden and her ill-fated parents thanks to the mysterious nature of the crime and the folk rhyme "Lizzie Borden took an axe And gave her mother forty whacks. When she saw what she had done She gave her father forty-one." C.A. Verstraete has turned the legend on it's head in Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter, an adventurous romp through a nightmare landscape peopled with evil villains and monsters. I had so much fun reading this book! Lizzie is a strong willed heroin ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
I've always heard about Lizzie Borden, but I did not really know her story before reading this book. I decided to research a little to understand the book a little better. I found that this book, while just a book of fiction, also followed the truth very well. This subject was very well researched.

This is a classic and very true crime story. Lizzie Borden is arrested for the murders of her father and stepmother. She is later found not guilty because of lack of evidence. BUT, What if she did do
Casey
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a simple man—I see Lizzie Borden or zombies, I'm interested, and this is definitely a book for fans of either! I liked how zombies were a part of the world without there needing to be a complex explanation. I was a little disappointed in the fact that the murder of Lizzie's father and stepmother and subsequent trial were only the first third of the book, which gave way to just exploring the world with zombies happening to be there. I really liked the ending—I predicted it a few pages before ...more
Sharon
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I got part way thru this book and for some reason, I just couldn't care about the characters. I usually like a good zombie book. This one had just too much gore for my tastes.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Our story opens with Lizzie Borden taking an axe to her step-mother and then her father on a hot morning in August of 1892. Why did Lizzie take an axe to her father and step-mother? Was it greed, the want of more money? Or was it self-defense?

When Lizzie woke that morning hearing a noise in another room she goes to investigate just as her step-mother attacks her, chopping and growling trying her best to get to Lizzie to bite her. What is wrong with her step-mother? Why is she attacking Lizzie?
Yvonne Davies
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
We have all heard of Lizzie Borden, the young girl who whacked her parents with an axe and the subsequent trial, but did we know why she did it. Well we do now.
Trying to keep the reason for their deaths a secret, she gets involved with a secret society. With the help of her lawyer John Fremont and his colleagues, she learns how to battle the walking dead and becomes a one woman fighting machine.
The author had definitely done her research on the Lizzie Borden as each chapter opened up with an exc
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
3.0 Stars
Lizzie Borden was such a fancinating historical figure. While I don't read a lot of historical fiction, I love reading anything surrounding the Borden murders.

But what do I love to read about even more than Lizzie Bordon? Zombies! Needless to say, when I read the synopsis for this novel, I couldn't wait to check out this bloody historical story for myself.

The novel was very fast paced, pushing the reader right into the action from the first chapter. The fateful murders took place alm
Donny Wagner
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I wasn't sure about this story when I started. I'm not much on reading historical fixtion, but this story of course is a bit different. As I got further into the story, I was more intrigued and Interested in how this would end. I can't wait to see where this story will go next!
Myra Nour
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I gave this book a 4 1/2 stars. I like the author’s premise of “what if” Lizzie Borden killed her father and step-mother because they were zombies. A different, intriguing view of an old story.

It was interesting that Verstraete put quotes at the beginning of each chapter from the trial of Miss Borden. The plot of the story follows Lizzie from the murders, through the trial and after. I can tell the author did her research, including the clothes, language of the times, buildings, etc., giving it
Chloe moran
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great
Yvonne Davies
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
Shawn Remfrey
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was not what I was expecting!

If you've read Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter or Anna Karenina and the Robots or any of those wonderful books, then you have an idea of what you're in for here. It's a classic tale, or history, that has been retold to include the monstrous. I've loved every book that I've read in this genre, and this book falls into that category perfectly.

The unexpected part for me is that we start off with the killing of Lizzie's parents. I was expecting that to be the
Helen Robare
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WARNING: DO NOT READ WHILE EATING! . I like reading about the macabre and had just finished reading another zombie genre book that was pretty good. So when I saw this, I thought "what the heck...I'm bored". I expected it to be another cheesy not well thought out zombie book but boy was I wrong! This book grabbed and caught me from the first page. It was horrifying, disgusting, and strangely interesting. It puts Lizzie Borden into a whole new light and believe it or not, it all makes sense! I als ...more
Denise Keef
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have always been fascinated with the story of Lizzie Borden and her trial ever since I saw the movie with Elizabeth Montgomery and her portrayal of Lizzie Borden in the 1975 movie “The Legend of Lizzie Borden”. So being a fan of C.A. Verstraete, Lizzie Borden and zombies, I knew I had to get a copy of it. I have to say, it is a book that once you start you won’t put it down. I was immediately drawn into the world of the Borden family, the slaying, the trial and maybe…the true reason why Lizzie ...more
Billy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
While putting a horror-spin on a true story or a historical figure is nothing new (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter comes to mind), this is first one I've read involving the Borden ax-murders of 1892.

Yes, tossing in a bunch of zombies into the Lizzie Borden tale could of backfired, but it works quite nicely here. The author wastes no time by starting the first chapter with Mr. Borden's murder, which it turns out he's actually a flesh-eating zombie. The descriptions are excellent, the dialogue is
Tim Cahoon
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting twist

I enjoyed the book. Interesting twist on the Lizzie Borden story. A little to much of the Victorian female fainting for me. But that's a nit. Story was sound and interesting.
Daniel Simmonds
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
O. D. Book Reviews
Description:
A retelling of the legend of Lizzie Borden that explains why she had to kill her parents, because they were zombies. After slaying her zombie parents and then being acquitted in court she begins her investigation into the dark conspiracy that brought zombies to her town.

“She gagged and held her breath at the rotten stench hanging thick as fog in the air around her. Hands shaking, she pointed the gun again and fired.”

In Short:
This is an exciting zombie horror with elements of mystery
Soobie's scared
As far as zombie book it was OK but there was a number of things that bothered me.

1. I wasn't really sure the story was set in 1893. I mean, Lizzie herself didn't give me the feeling of being a lady of the 18th century. There were times were she's way too independent (when she decides to (view spoiler) at the beginning of the novel, for instance). In other parts of the book, on the contrary, she's a perfect 1890s woman.

2. The telephone thing really buffled me. Was
Melanie Marsh
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lizzie Borden Zombie Hunter by C.A. Verstraete is a fun and fast-paced story. I very much enjoyed the different perspective of the circumstances around the murder of Lizzie’s parents. The author does a good job of giving the reader historical horror fiction without ruining the original story or creating an entirely false world. This would potentially take away a bit of the believability of the story and ability for some readers to relate to the Borden sisters as real people who experienced at le ...more
Apocalypse Whenever: Lizzie Borden & Zombies! New release & Re-release! 1 4 Apr 26, 2018 07:56AM

• The Secrets of Lizzie Borden
  • A Private Disgrace: Lizzie Borden by Daylight
  • The Fall River Murders and the Trial of Lizzie Borden
  • Origins (Meg #0.5)
  • Blinky's Law: A thrilling and comic science fiction adventure into the future
  • All the World's Colors (The Queen of the Blue #1)
  • Delusional
  • Her Name Was Abby (His Name Was Zach, #2)
  • Opium and Absinthe
  • See What I Have Done
  • The Missing Shield, Part 1 (The Veil Keepers Quest, #1)
  • Blind Obedience (Intuition #7)
  • His Name Was Zach (His Name Was Zach, #1)
  • Abby: Alone
Also listed as Goodreads author
Christine Verstraete.

BOOKS:
Book 1 - Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter
A new 2nd edition is available on Kindle!

New! Book 2: Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter: The Axe Will Fall -