Start by marking “Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter” as Want to Read:
Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter

Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter

Every family has its secrets…

One hot August morning in 1892, Lizzie Borden picked up an axe and murdered her father and stepmother. Newspapers claim she did it for the oldest of reasons: family conflicts, jealousy and greed. But what if her parents were already dead? What if Lizzie slaughtered them because they’d become zombies?

Thrust into a horrific world where the walk
Published September 13th 2016 by Imajin Books

To ask other readers questions about Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter

Anna Willett
Feb 11, 2017 Anna Willett rated it really liked it
When Lizzie Borden discovers her father and stepmother have turned into flesh hungry zombies, she has no choice but to grab an axe and dispatch them. But when the police are called, Lizzie quickly finds herself on trial for their murders. Caught in the middle of a zombie outbreak and sworn to secrecy by a shadowy organisation battling the undead, Lizzie is drawn into a battle with the growing wave of zombies that threaten her town.
Lizzie Borden Zombie Hunter is fun take on a real life story that
Angela Crawford
Sep 12, 2016 Angela Crawford rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this story.

Most of us know the tale of Lizzie Borden and her ill-fated parents thanks to the mysterious nature of the crime and the folk rhyme "Lizzie Borden took an axe And gave her mother forty whacks. When she saw what she had done She gave her father forty-one." C.A. Verstraete has turned the legend on it's head in Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter, an adventurous romp through a nightmar
Joyce Stokley
Oct 15, 2016 Joyce Stokley rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably awesome

Wow I loved this twist on this true crime. As I'm a horror and true crime junky knew was gonna be good but was blown away how she took fact threw in zombies and produced this unbelievable work of art
Laura Thomas
Sep 26, 2016 Laura Thomas rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, zombies
I’m sure a lot of you are fascinated by the legend of Lizzie Borden. Did she truly hack her parents to death with an axe and get away with it? And, if so, why such a violent killing method?

Well, this book will answer your question. Perhaps, they were zombies? Oh yes. They were in this tale. And Lizzie had no choice but to whack them multiple times to make sure they died, again.

This was a fast, entertaining tale. You’ll get the events, the trial, and what comes after. The author follows much of t
Sharon
Sep 21, 2016 Sharon rated it liked it
I got part way thru this book and for some reason, I just couldn't care about the characters. I usually like a good zombie book. This one had just too much gore for my tastes.
Yvonne Davies
Oct 08, 2016 Yvonne Davies rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
We have all heard of Lizzie Borden, the young girl who whacked her parents with an axe and the subsequent trial, but did we know why she did it. Well we do now.
Trying to keep the reason for their deaths a secret, she gets involved with a secret society. With the help of her lawyer John Fremont and his colleagues, she learns how to battle the walking dead and becomes a one woman fighting machine.
The author had definitely done her research on the Lizzie Borden as each chapter opened up with an exc
Shawn Remfrey
Dec 20, 2016 Shawn Remfrey rated it really liked it
This book was not what I was expecting!

If you've read Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter or Anna Karenina and the Robots or any of those wonderful books, then you have an idea of what you're in for here. It's a classic tale, or history, that has been retold to include the monstrous. I've loved every book that I've read in this genre, and this book falls into that category perfectly.

The unexpected part for me is that we start off with the killing of Lizzie's parents. I was expecting that to be the
Denise Keef
Sep 13, 2016 Denise Keef rated it it was amazing
I have always been fascinated with the story of Lizzie Borden and her trial ever since I saw the movie with Elizabeth Montgomery and her portrayal of Lizzie Borden in the 1975 movie “The Legend of Lizzie Borden”. So being a fan of C.A. Verstraete, Lizzie Borden and zombies, I knew I had to get a copy of it. I have to say, it is a book that once you start you won’t put it down. I was immediately drawn into the world of the Borden family, the slaying, the trial and maybe…the true reason why Lizzie ...more
Billy
Sep 28, 2016 Billy rated it really liked it
While putting a horror-spin on a true story or a historical figure is nothing new (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter comes to mind), this is first one I've read involving the Borden ax-murders of 1892.

Yes, tossing in a bunch of zombies into the Lizzie Borden tale could of backfired, but it works quite nicely here. The author wastes no time by starting the first chapter with Mr. Borden's murder, which it turns out he's actually a flesh-eating zombie. The descriptions are excellent, the dialogue is
Tim Cahoon
Oct 21, 2016 Tim Cahoon rated it really liked it
Interesting twist

I enjoyed the book. Interesting twist on the Lizzie Borden story. A little to much of the Victorian female fainting for me. But that's a nit. Story was sound and interesting.
Myra Nour
Jan 31, 2017 Myra Nour rated it really liked it
I gave this book a 4 1/2 stars. I like the author’s premise of “what if” Lizzie Borden killed her father and step-mother because they were zombies. A different, intriguing view of an old story.

It was interesting that Verstraete put quotes at the beginning of each chapter from the trial of Miss Borden. The plot of the story follows Lizzie from the murders, through the trial and after. I can tell the author did her research, including the clothes, language of the times, buildings, etc., giving it
Boundless Book Reviews
I've always heard about Lizzie Borden, but I did not really know her story before reading this book. I decided to research a little to understand the book a little better. I found that this book, while just a book of fiction, also followed the truth very well. This subject was very well researched.

This is a classic and very true crime story. Lizzie Borden is arrested for the murders of her father and stepmother. She is later found not guilty because of lack of evidence. BUT, What if she did do
Courtney Mroch
Dec 13, 2016 Courtney Mroch rated it liked it
If you liked Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, this book will probably be up your alley. Really clever plot having Lizzie kill her parents because they were zombies. And then to have the town under threat of more zombies and Lizzie helping to combat that.

Loved how the beginning of each chapter started with some snippet from the real-life case. Whether it was testimony or a newspaper account. Again, the clever plotting of this was refreshing.

And there was a mystery thrown in. Lizzie had to figure
M.M. Hudson
Oct 02, 2016 M.M. Hudson rated it really liked it
This is not my usual genre of books. I generally will read something semi-spooky or paranormal but not horror. However, I was intrigued by the book title. Who hasn't heard the story of Lizzie Borden who reportedly killed her parents? I know I have which makes this book intriguing giving a twist on the story, but still, horror!

One of the things I liked about this book is how each chapter began with a set of questions or sentences taken from the newspaper at the time. The questions were directed a
Gigi Nephew
Nov 10, 2016 Gigi Nephew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gigi-s-books
What Really Happened at the Borden Residence

This is a delightful twist on the famous incident of Lizzie Borden. The author has exceptionally intertwined the true historical facts with the twists and turns of the mystery of the Zombie creatures in the town Lizzie lives in. Christine Verstraete writes in such descriptive details that the reader feels they are transferred back in time and are next to Lizzie and her sister in the two-side horrific events: murder trails and Zombies.

Zombies are not fo
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Lizze Borden is a person in our American history who never ceases to fascinate us. Mostly because we still don't know what happened. Did she do it? Didn't she do it? Who did? Why? It's a crazy, sad mess. Well, some of these questions may now be answered for us. Zombies. Lizzie was protecting her self from Zombies. And why not? It makes about as much sense as anything else. I found the whole idea to be quite clever actually. I love when a book takes history's m
Cyrene Olson
Nov 28, 2016 Cyrene Olson rated it it was amazing
UncagedBooks.com

All in all, Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter is a wonderfully-written piece and a delight to read. The editing is spot-on as there were no obvious spelling or grammatical errors to be seen, and the verbiage used was excellently-chosen and appropriate to the era. The setting is artfully portrayed and the plot covers its bases while wrapping up in a satisfying ending. The characters are consistent, and most importantly the protagonist is a likeable and believable heroine. If you are lo
Jason Stuckless
Jason Stuckless rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Horror Aficionado
Horror Aficionado rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2016
elaine
elaine rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Mindy
Mindy rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Christine Verstraete
Christine Verstraete marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Julie S.
Julie S. marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
A.F.
A.F. added it
Sep 02, 2016
Peggy Geiger
Peggy Geiger marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Allen Mast
Allen Mast marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Andrea Mann
Andrea Mann is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2016
Chuck Buda
Chuck Buda marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Freda Mans-Labianca
Freda Mans-Labianca marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Ted
Ted marked it as to-read
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Donna Smith
Donna Smith marked it as to-read
Kevin. Mckernan
Kevin. Mckernan marked it as to-read
Cheryl Bradley
Cheryl Bradley marked it as to-read
Mary A.
Mary A. marked it as to-read
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Sullivan
Elizabeth Sullivan marked it as to-read
Michelle Vincent
Michelle Vincent marked it as to-read
Brenna Ash
Brenna Ash marked it as to-read
Latisha Bramlett
Latisha Bramlett marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Indie Book Club: Kindle Sale Horror - Lizzie Borden - to March 26 1 1 Mar 22, 2017 08:02PM
Also listed as Goodreads author Christine Verstraete.

Author of short and long fiction:

Books:
Coming Sept. 13: Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter

Girl Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie

Dollhouse books:
Dollhouse Decor & More
In Miniature Style II

See blog:
More about C.A. Verstraete...