Start by marking “Drina Goes on Tour (Drina, #10)” as Want to Read:
Drina Goes on Tour (Drina, #10)

Drina Goes on Tour (Drina #10)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Drina passes her school exams and becomes a senior student at her dance school, which means that her whole day is spent in dance classes and rehearsals. A nasty flu epidemic leaves the dance company short-staffed, and Drina and some friends are sent out to join the tour as replacements. Drina has a difficult time adjusting to life with a touring company, as the accommodati ...more
Published October 20th 1991 by Simon and Schuster (first published 1964)

To ask other readers questions about Drina Goes on Tour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drina Goes on Tour

Elizabeth
Dec 03, 2006 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ballet Peeps
Humor me on this one. I read the first five of this 11-part series as a kid and never knew that another six books were written (in the 60s). I recently bought five of the books and I've been poking around the internet for over a year to find this one for less than 100 bucks (unbelievable). Finally. I found this on Abe and ordered away. Its so satisfying to read the last one in the series! Definitely for ballet-lovers only, but Estoril does a nice job of painting a picture of the jealousy and cat ...more
Kate
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had not read the Drina books since I was a child and I recently re-read them all. I read the first 5 as a child and then as a teen I hunted down the final 6 once I realized they existed. I am happy to say that for the most part they hold up to the test of time. They are very much in the style of British school stories but I quite like those. I think the whole series is definitely worth the effort it takes to hunt them down.
Felicity
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be one of my favourite books from the whole series. It starts with Drina and her friends saying goodbye to the old Dominick building and getting used to the new one in Euston Road. A friend of hers then finds out she is Ivory's daughter and the whole story comes out. This has repecussions within the whole school and of course the media finds out about it.

During her first term as a senior student she along with Rose, Queenie and Jan dances on tour with the Dominick due to other m
Sally
My second favourite, after Drina Dances in Exile. Also, oddly enough, the ONE my library didn't have! While I read the others countless times as a kid, this second-last I didn't even find until I was 21. It was certainly worth the wait and a really interesting story, with Drina naturally older than at the start of the series - and off touring up north now, and making nice with Queenie of all people! o.O Quite a touching little interlude there.
Heather
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ballet-books
The penultimate book of the series and one of the best.

Drina has a baptism of fire with her 1st tour as a member of the company...but it has one good result...friendlier relations with Queenie Rothington than she would have ever thought possible!

Then the best thing ever happens....Grant reappears!
Beth
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Wow, these are pretty terrible upon reread, but how I devoured them growing up! I should probably track down Drina Ballerina just for completeness's sake, but the last time I checked used book sites a few years ago, copies were going for over a hundred dollars, which is not ideal.
Kristen
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
see review of book #1
Lisa
Feb 20, 2011 marked it as to-read
Read this series in JR High and simply LOVED them! I need to track these down.....
Stephanie Clifton
Apr 04, 2013
Clare Hollowell
Jan 03, 2016

Drina (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Ballet for Drina (Drina, #1)
  • Drina's Dancing Year (Drina, #2)
  • Drina Dances in Exile (Drina, #3)
  • Drina Dances in Italy (Drina, #4)
  • Drina Dances Again (Drina, #5)
  • Drina Dances In New York (Drina, #6)
  • Drina Dances in Paris (Drina, #7)
  • Drina Dances in Madeira (Drina, #8)
  • Drina Dances in Switzerland (Drina, #9)
  • Drina Ballerina (Drina, #11)