Start by marking “Earth Rising (Earthrise, #3)” as Want to Read:
Earth Rising (Earthrise, #3)

(Earthrise #3)

It's all-out war.

Our cities fall. Millions die. The scum, these cruel aliens from deep space, are determined to kill us all.

So we must kill them.

Humanity musters its greatest fleet. Thousands of starships rally. Millions of soldiers deploy. For Earth to stand a chance, we must invade the aliens' homeworld. We must destroy their planet.

Before they destroy ours.

Earth's
Published August 16th 2016 by Moonclipse

To ask other readers questions about Earth Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earth Rising

Jim
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I almost forgot to write a review of this book! This is the third book in this series that I have read and, as you would expect, the most frightening of all. This is a science fiction horror novel, plain and simple. Yeah, it’s also a military science fiction book, but one that goes far, far beyond the normal humans fighting aliens thing. If you’re not the kind that likes to read science fiction horror stories, you might want to move on to something else, otherwise, this is a very, very good ...more
Mick Bird
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One battle ends

Well the battle to end all battles is to begin, earth forces and her allies move to finally end the war. Can Marco and the few friends who survive win out, and kill the leader of the scum. Only time will tell.
Robert
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Robert's Review

As the series went farther and the characters developed I really enjoyed the titanic struggle this society was going through. Great potential, I look forward to the next book in this universe.
Lucas Ellison
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a terrible book. It wasn't boring. It's a sci-fi action movie. Not very deep but how do you make a space bug squashing story deep? It just never goes anywhere new.
Bob Cull
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The survivors of the battle at Corpus colony finally arrive at Nightwall Station and become integrated into the STC (Space Territorial Command) the elite arm of the HDF. They soon learn that they have been handpicked for a special and dangerous assignment. The war of attrition that the Earth has known for the last 50 years is about to escalate into a full blown all out war and they are to be the core around which a new platoon, the Spearhead platoon is to be built.

Spearhead will have one job and
Luke
Dec 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Terrible

This book and to a lesser extent the two before it are fairly terrible examples how to write a novel.

Abort. Do not buy this book or series.

So many plot holes and inconsistencies. Repetitive bad dialog.

I started out liking the characters in the first book, and they struggled to move from 18 year old civilian to soldier.

By the middle of book 2 it had started going off the rails. Evil stupid commanders and unexplainable scenarios.

This book is worse though. Even if you set aside all of the a
Erik
Sep 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Repetitive, Inane. Don't read it.

The prior two books had hints that the author had run out of inspiration. This book puts that on full display. While certain character traits should play out over and over, the expression of those traits should not drone on in repetition as they do in this book. The final battle of the book is a lampoon of what it should have been. There is no reward at the end of this book, and if you are reading in the hope it will get better, you will be disappointed
Douglas Owen
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Franklin  Hummel
Apr 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
There are SPOILERS in these reviews. Read these anyway! This is NOT a series I would want any other science fiction fan to read. You do NOT want to read it if you are a SF fan.

READ THESE SPOILERS AND BE WARNED!
==========

EARTH ALONE - BOOK #1

This novel is almost all cliché. It is the basic fish-out-of-war who ends up being drafted into the military. It deals with his training and those he trains with.

This is also one of those novels where the science fiction in just a prop. The SF aspects adds l
Ed Tinkertoy
Dec 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book was as bad as its predecessors. More repetitive sections, more fantasy, and little or no science fiction. More love triangles.

I did most of my reading just skimming paragraphs so that I could hurry and get to the end. The humans enlist the help of other alien species to go against the scum at their home planet. The descriptions of the aliens they ask to help are also ridiculous. If the story had included aliens species like those in the Star Trek series, basically humanoid species, it
Edna Honig
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I really enjoyed the first book of this series. The second was too dark, and had become more of a horror story than a sci-fi story for my taste. This third book was an improvement on the second, in that it went back to the science fiction feel of the first. However, I didn't enjoy it enough to carry on with the series.

Some of the characters have just become too annoying to carry on with. Every word that comes out of Addy's mouth irritates me. Since she's a main character, I'm sure she's going to
Sean Bai
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Flood + Aliens + Formics = Unspeakable horrors

The Scum are not what we thought they were. They came from the skies. Biting, clawing, ripping.

This series had me gasping at everything that just got progressively worse and worse for the heroes. There's no word for how shocking some of these scenes are written. Monsters so gruesome your hair stands on end.

Every character has a backstory. Every character is "fleshed out". Well, if you read the book this is a gruesome pun.

If you don't know what I'
Mike Gort
Sep 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Bobbie Lee
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A question of quantity over quality

I just realized that there are more books in the Earth Rising series. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I've read series where perhaps they should have stoped after three. I really hope the next books are not like that.
I really became fond of the characters and worried that they would be harmed. When one becomes that invested in a story it's really good.
I don't think this book was as good however as the first two. It was almost anticlimactic at the end.
Th
Aaron Robinson
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alright, the pop-culture references finally seem to be dying down (but not enough to stop them from being annoying). It's really sad that this continues to be my first though when reviewing.

I almost thought of giving this 5 stars, but then I got to the section where they start recruiting other sentient aliens to join the fight against the scum and I felt like the descriptions were lazy and unbelievable. It's almost like the author took 15 mins, if that, and came up with a dozen alien races. Not
Patiscynical
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Everything old is new again..

For a book that's set more than a hundred years in the future, there's an annoying amount of pop culture references. Elvis, a Tardis, Castle Grayskull, Black Sabbath's Iron Man, etc, etc. And while Kemi and Marco have a reason, (sort of) to be interested in this timeframe, the other characters do not, yet still use them. Why? The book is filled with examples, and it's becoming tedious.
Otherwise the story is more of the same: training, fighting the Scum, and dying.
Re
D. E.
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd Novel in the Earthrise Series/Earth aTtacks the Scum Homeworld

DA has penned the 3rd Novel in the Earthrise series where our intrepid smaller group of heroes are committed to the SEC to take the fight to the Scum homeworld. This SYFY novel reviews what has happened and what will happen when the Scum accepts defeat. This is an excellent read for the genre.....DEHS
Susan
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Earth Rising is the third book in the Earthrise series. It should not be read as a standalone as it starts where Earth Lost ended and ends in a soft cliffhanger for the next book. There is a lot of violence. Even though this book and series are average for the genre, they are worth reading if you can handle the violence.
Jay Van Emmenis
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Story consistently good, easy to follow, exciting and funny, this series is highly recommended, concentrates on the story of the protagonists, just enough tech to keep it interesting.
Marc Sanchez
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is excellent reading, it is action packed, easy reading!

The three main characters are memorable.
This book is for anyone who enjoys serials, excitement and adventure.

I Thank you !

Paul Archer
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
It was ok, I liked the suprise ending but I think the author spent too much time on character development thus there was a lot of repetition in the story and too much time spent on the sex life of the hero. In any event after reading a different author or two I will read book four.
Dwayne Tranbarger
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Earth Rising

Marco, Lailani, Andy have came a long way in one year of war. It has been bloody and brutal. The group follows Eivan but she was hurt in this one. She will be healed. I think Marco should have gone to commission to be an officer. We'll see what happens in the future
Anthony Ta
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Marco is endearing, but really getting sick of his sister.
David Murray
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series. Will be buying the rest.
Barbara Dunbar
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Earth Rising

A great end to some of the violent adventures. Lots of space battles and down and dirty planet side. Enjoy.
Tom Winscher
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another page turner

I would say keep up the good work but he already has just ordered the fourth book in the series
ZA
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good

G o o d b o o k y o u s h o u l d r e a d I t
David
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the series; dark but ultimately a happy outcome lol
Travis
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Better than the previous book, and with an ending that promises more space battles, and even greater foes. Guess I'll be continuing with the series for a while longer.
Jeannie Fletcher
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great adventure

An adventure that leave you wanting more. War is hell, but through it all Marco fights to defend those he cares for.
  • Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • Our Fair Eden
  • Soul of Tyrants (Demonsouled, #2)
  • Conflict (Rise of Mankind #4)
  • Clan
  • The Sentinel (The Sentinel Trilogy, #1)
  • Fringe Runner (Fringe #1)
  • Assault Troopers (Extinction Wars, #1)
  • Peace World (The Peace Warrior, #3)
  • Shadowed Ground (The Chronicles of Nowhere #2)
  • Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. (Butterman Travel series #1)
  • TFS Theseus (The Terran Fleet Command Saga, #2)
  • Gasten (Pax, #5)
  • Pawn's Dream
  • Ruins of Empire (Blood on the Stars, #3)
  • Edge of Reality (Phantom Server, #1)
  • Duchess of Terra (Duchy of Terra, #2)
  • Zero-G (Outer Earth #2)
Daniel Arenson is a bookworm, proud geek, and USA Today bestselling author of fantasy and science fiction. His novels have sold over a million copies. The Huffington Post has called his writing "full of soul." He's written over forty novels, most of them in five series:

EARTHRISE — They came from deep space. They came to destroy us. Against the alien onslaught, Earth stands alone. But we will figh

Earthrise (9 books)
  • Earth Alone (Earthrise, #1)
  • Earth Lost (Earthrise, #2)
  • Earth Fire (Earthrise, #4)
  • Earth Shadows (Earthrise, #5)
  • Earth Valor (Earthrise, #6)
  • Earth Reborn (Earthrise, #7)
  • Earth Honor (Earthrise, #8)
  • Earth Eternal (Earthrise, #9)