Start by marking “The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga, #1)

The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga #1)

Her vengeance. His vision.

Ari lost everything she once loved when the Five Guilds’ resistance fell to the Dragon King. Now, she uses her unparalleled gift for clockwork machinery in tandem with notoriously unscrupulous morals to contribute to a thriving underground organ market. There isn’t a place on Loom that is secure from the engineer turned thief, and her magical tale
Published January 10th 2017 by Keymaster Press

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
    The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga, #1)
    Release date: Jan 10, 2017
    Enter for a chance to win a hardcover copy of THE ALCHEMISTS OF LOOM!

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 1 copy available, 5859 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 08 - Apr 28, 2017

Countries available: US, CA, and GB more

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Alchemists of Loom, please sign up.

Elise Kova Cvareh... Suh-vah-ray
    Cvareh... Suh-vah-ray
    Teaser, there will be an appendix in the back of the book with all kinds of notes and info on the world. A pronunciation guide is one thing it will include!

And thanks so much! I'm SO excited already for The Alchemists of Loom. It's a departure from Air Awakens with a very different world and characters. But, I still think that people who enjoyed Air Awakens will enjoy The Alchemists of Loom!(less)
    Elise Kova I have always planned on 3 books for the Loom Saga, but I called it a SAGA rather than a "trilogy" because high fantasy tends toward the long side. I…moreI have always planned on 3 books for the Loom Saga, but I called it a SAGA rather than a "trilogy" because high fantasy tends toward the long side. I recently finished the outline for book three and as of right now it's over 55 chapters and two parts.... so we'll see! I'm hoping I can keep it to three.(less)

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
    I got some really cool swag with this book! I covered my address with the signed bookplate. I didn't show the back of the envelope because I didn't feel like putting the front and back on one picture. Let me tell you, that envelope it so freaking cool. You can see the front but the back is really awesome too! ♥ I love bookish stuff!

I fell in love with this book right out of the gate! Ari is just bad to the bone. It's starts out with a lot of action. Ari is different as are some people in the wo
    Melanie
    ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

“Adulthood just meant finding the variety of crazy that resonated the most with you and doing it until you died or it killed you—whichever came first.”

This book really surprised me! The Alchemists of Loom ended up being a wonderful steam punk set story, filled with mystery and twists, and had a beautiful message: You can be anything you want to be, you do not have to be the expectations that other people have for yo
    Ben Alderson
    Jan 02, 2017 Ben Alderson rated it it was amazing
    NOT TO SELF, ALREADY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS OF 2017!

This book is incredible, like seriously incredible. A unique fantasy world with steam punk elements. Different people, magic, weapons and AMAZINGINESSSSSS. I am in love with these characters so so much!

CHECK THIS BOOK OUT ITS OUT SO SOOOON
    Rachel E. Carter
    Sep 06, 2016 Rachel E. Carter rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: af
    UPDATE 1/10/17: IT'S RELEASE DAY, AHHHH!!! HAPPY RELEASE DAY, ELISE <<<3

The Alchemists of Loom is bloody, epic, and brimming with violence.

description + description

Fantasy fans, I give you: Arianna = older, clockwork version of Arya Stark from Game of Thrones PLUS a female, kickass version of Sherlock (BBC version) with Florence as her Watson.

In AoL, Elise Kova gives fantasy, and steampunk fans, two whole new worlds to delight over as new characters strike out in an adventure sure to leave readers reeling fo
    Elise Kova
    Jan 10, 2017 Elise Kova added it  ·  (Review from the author)
    Stealing this idea from other authors to give a bit of info about THE ALCHEMISTS OF LOOM! Firstly, so excited this is out with the world today (as of writing this). This book was so much fun to write and I hope it is half as much fun to read.

If you want to know more about the World of Loom, check out this page on my website: http://elisekova.com/the-world-of-loom/
    There are character images, maps, concept art, guild histories and more there.

Additionally, there's an appendix in both the back of th
    Lindsay Cummings
    fantastic. cannot wait for yall to read this one!!!
    Laura Thalassa
    Apr 13, 2016 Laura Thalassa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Dragons, chimera, and a world equally divided and joined between the magical and the mechanical ... you've never read a book like this.

When I received the chance to read a copy of TAoL, I all but pounced on it. After reading Elise Kova's Air Awakens series, I knew I'd pretty much love anything Elise published.

Crap, was I right.

There's magic, vendettas that might rip worlds apart, a mechanism that could bring about the ruin of an entire race, and--my favorite--enemies who might feel more than jus
    Danielle Jensen
    I was lucky to be given the opportunity to blurb this novel, which meant I got to read it before pretty much anyone else! This is what I had to say:

"A heart-stopping adventure! Elise Kova reaches new heights with this fast-paced triumph of steampunk, fantasy, and a touch of romance. The Alchemists of Loom is a must-read!"
    Silvia
    I was sent this book as an advance copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

Release date: January 10th

I’ve been following Elise Kova’s work since this summer, when I found the Air Awakens series, and I loved those books to pieces. When I found out she was coming out with a new high fantasy series I couldn’t wait to put my hands on it, and my curiosity has been fed throughout these past few months because of all the interactive stuff Kova does for
    Minni Mouse
    2.5 stars because here's the thing - this book has no sympathy for lazy readers, but I am one of those aforementioned lazy readers. Bad book chemistry right off the bat.

This book treats itself like the middle of a story or the middle of a sequel...meaning that that there's little exposition. There's no basic, introductory 30-second-elevator-speech for who our characters are, no helpful inner narrative giving us a cleverly-disguised run-down of what's going on, and there's certainly no info dumpi
    Lonna | FLYLēF
    Dec 01, 2016 Lonna | FLYLēF rated it really liked it
    FLYLēF Reviews

Original Post: The Alchemists of Loom at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com) with 3.5 of 5

ELISE KOVA HAS been on my must-read radar for as long as I can remember. When the opportunity came to read her newest release, The Alchemists of Loom, well, you needn’t ask twice. This first installment in the Loom Saga series was an obsessive, mind-opening wonder of violence and beauty—a nearly constant propulsion for which I could not stop reading.

The Alchemists of Loom is a unique and imaginative high fantasy th
    Crazy4Books
    We only get the essential world building information which I really appreciated because reading the obvious can get tedious. I dont need it all spelled out. Im an intelligent reader who can connect the information given to me. I didnt feel like any important information was missing and I usually complain when a book has too many unnecessary details so this type of world building was refreshing. I like being able to use my imagination and the information that we are given painted a wonderfully cr ...more
    Deepika

This book is freaking AMAZING.It's EPIC.

And I was this close to screaming my head off when it ended.

When I was starting Alchemists of Loom,I had no idea what I was getting myself into.I read the blurb and the words "notoriously unscrupulous morals to contribute to a thriving underground organ market" caught my eye.Those words screamed that this was my kind of book.I knew I just had to start my year with this book.And now I can honestly say that 2017 started with a bang.

What is this about?

This bo
    Katrin D
    2.09.2016: Yes! I got an ARC :) Will be reading it right after I finish "Passanger"! Fingers crossed it is as awesome as it sounds!

28.08.2016: Oh my, I saw this book is finally available on NetGalley and I'm so excited - lets just hope they approve me! The synopsis is so good, I really can't wait to read it!
    Kari Rhiannon (Moon Magister Reviews)
    This is my first foray into Kova’s writing and the first thing I will say is that I was not expecting the world of Loom to be SO big. The world of the Fenthri (Loom) and the world of the Dragons (Nova) lie one atop the other, only separated by a treacherous cloud bank. The Fenthri of Loom do not know the touch of the moon, the Dragons of Nova are a people so redolent with magic that they did not see the point in developing technology for centuries. The people of Loom live in Guilds, each contine ...more
    JAIME

The first 30% of this is slow, which I allowed since I have read (and loved!) Elisa Kova's Air Awakens series, which had a similarly slow start. And for me, a lot of the slowness had to do with what I found to be unclear world building. It certainly came together for me as the book neared half way, as did the motivations of the characters, and the build (?) of the society etc,.

Full review to come closer to release, and honestly I would like to have a go at this again in print since the formattin
    Fafa's Book Corner
    DNF

Review to come.
    Cassandra Curiel
    *ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review*
    "... If they were mad, they were mad because they kept dreaming when the rest of Loom merely slept in stasis."
    This book has been one of my MOST anticipated releases of my entire life. Not only is this Steampunk, but it is also about Dragons and Chimeras, and it is written by my author Queen! So many amazing qualities were wrapped inside of this book that I will most likely not even be able to touch base on them all. I absolutely loved h
    Maud
    Aug 17, 2016 Maud rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    *I got an e-arc from the author. All my opinions are my own*

I need to let this sink for a bit but let me tell you I was not disappointed!

Okay... I'm ready...

So... I loved this. After finishing the Air Awakens series I was wondering if Elise Kova could write another series with characters that I would love as much as that cast. And against my expectations, I did! I fell in love with these characters slower than with Air Awakens but I definitely fell in love with them.

The story is told from multip
    Bianca {Until The Last Page}
    This seems to be the first book of a new series! The question is, is it connected to the Air Awakens world?!
    rin
    i would say i'm a little disappointed but i haven't really expected anything  \_(ツ)_/

look, my problem with this book is that i found it dull. i didn't like it, but i didn't dislike it either. at times i was extremely bored, at times it was a little interesting, but not interesting enough to have my attention.

also i found the romance extremely anticlimactic and absolutely non-enjoyable. BUT there is very well portrayed female friendship, which i liked.

3 stars because i think this book is mediocr
    Lauren Stoolfire
    I've been wanting to try Elise Kova's work since I started seeing Air Awakens around the blogosphere, so when the opportunity came up to review her newest release, The Alchemists of Loom, I jumped at the chance. Just read the summary and look at that cover (plus, all of that advance praise) - how could anyone resist. I wasn't one hundred percent sure of what to expect since I hadn't read Ms. Kova's work before, but I was really hyping it up in my mind. And, happily, it fully lived up to the hype ...more
    Hailee (haibooklovers)
    Oct 11, 2016 Hailee (haibooklovers) rated it really liked it
    Shelves: blog-reviews
    Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Truthfully, I was nervous to start this new series. I adored Kova’s Air Awakens series and there’s always fear that a new series won’t live up to the old. Well, I am pleased to report that The Alchemists of Loom is an excellent step into a brand new world!

World-building is always something Kova has been great at, and she doesn’t disappoint here! The world she’s built, with the three different races and prejudices and secret societies, is a fascinating one! I thought the c
    Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
    Thanks to Netgalley and Keymaster Press for giving me this book to review.

The Alchemists of Loom is a steampunk fantasy novel which had the potential to be an interesting and original story but I couldn’t get into it. The book did not explain things very well and was slow paced.

The thing I did not like most about this book is that I did not care about the characters and was not emotionally in what was happening to them. Ari is tough and unlike most main heroines she knows who she is and what she
    Cookie
    April J U L Y is too far away :(
    Anyway! You can read my review HERE as well!

I didn't think I would love this book as much as I did. But The Alchemists of Loom surprised me in countless ways and I'm already calling it--I'm going to be obsessed with this series.

Arianna is a dragon hunter and, more or less, a thief for hire. Known as the White Wraith, she uses her skills and her partner's weapons to complete heists for the highest payer. During on of these heists, Ari runs into a wounded dragon rid
    April (BooksWithMaps)
    Feb 21, 2017 April (BooksWithMaps) rated it really liked it
    Her vengeance. His vision.

Ari lost everything she once loved when the Five Guilds' resistance fell to the Dragon King. Now, she uses her unparalleled gift for clockwork machinery in tandem with notoriously unscrupulous morals to contribute to a thriving underground organ market. There isn't a place on Loom that is secure from the engineer-turned-thief, and her magical talents are sold to the highest bidder as long as the job defies their Dragon oppressors.

Cvareh would do anything to see his sist
    Olivia-Savannah Roach
    Dec 16, 2016 Olivia-Savannah Roach rated it it was amazing
    Everyone has been reviewing Elise Kova’s novels and telling me how wonderful they are. And yet, despite having so many people recommend her novels, I never decided to pick on up for myself. When I saw the opportunity to be on this blog tour, I knew I just needed to go for it and see where things ended up. I was not disappointed in the slightest.

First of all, I am going to say that the first thing which hit me was the world building and fantasy elements. Unlike many of the books that I’ve read, t
    Austine (NovelKnight)
    Much like The Alchemists of Loom throws you into the thick of things early on, I have every intention of diving right into this review. There was a LOT going on in this book and the intricate layers to dissect made it all the sweeter a read. Prior to starting this book, I binge-read Elise Kova's Air Awakens series and fell in love. I knew TAoL was sure to be another success and I wasn't wrong.

The book begins with Ari, a thief off on a job that no one should be able to do but she can with ease. I
    Alexandra
    Oct 27, 2016 Alexandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites, 2017
    I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Elise Kova has proved herself as a fantasy author who know how to make her readers love and cry over her characters. Her debut series "Air Awakens" could only be comapred to the Throne of Glass books at least for me.

The Alchemists of Loom is her new series which takes place in a world where the Dragons rule and everyone live in faction which work in order to produce everything the Dragons need. Ari l
    L.R.W. Lee
    Dec 07, 2016 L.R.W. Lee rated it really liked it
    -- I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. --

Alchemists of the Loom #1 portrays a world unlike any I've read, melding magic, a variety of races with prejudices, steampunk, and a splash of an underground organ market (yes, organ market--as in hearts, etc). I know, right...

The first chapter absolutely captured my attention. The character Ari is a spit-fire. Taking names and not asking questions. This introduction grabbed my interest and the scene kept me engaged.

Bu
    • Dark Breaks the Dawn
    • Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)
    • Terra (The Elementae, #1)
    • LIFEL1K3
    • Given to the Sea
    • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)
    • Uriel (Paladin, #2)
    • Roar (Stormheart, #1)
    • If There's No Tomorrow
    • The Last Magician
    • Shadow Run (Kaitan Chronicles, #1)
    • Spindle Fire
    • The Cursed Queen (The Impostor Queen, #2)
    • The Tiger’s Daughter (Their Bright Ascendency #1)
    • Black Rose
    • Last Stand (The Black Mage, #4)
    • Mask of Shadows (Untitled, #1)
    • Empress of a Thousand Skies (Empress of a Thousand Skies, #1)
    Elise Kova has always had a profound love of fantastical worlds. Somehow, she managed to focus on the real world long enough to graduate with a Master's in Business Administration before crawling back under her favorite writing blanket to conceptualize her next magic system. She currently lives in St. Petersburg, Florida, and when she is not writing can be found playing video games, watching anime ...more
    More about Elise Kova...

Loom Saga (2 books)
    • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)

“Numbers remained consistent. Numbers and facts attempted to bring order from a chaotic world, to make sense of the impossible. They were the foundation for colossal structures and the tiniest of clockwork machines alike. Ari loved numbers, and not just because they saved her life by keeping her alert in her surroundings.” 1 likes
    “Progress was never meant to be stinted, and even failures weren’t to be destroyed.” 1 likes