Start by marking “Back to Me (Carolina Rebels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Back to Me (Carolina Rebels, #1)

Back to Me

(Carolina Rebels #1)

Noah Ramsey has a great hockey career, wonderful parents, and a good best friend, but what he wants most is to be with the love of his life who walked away from him years ago. When he finds her at the airport, he realizes she's changed, and she's struggling with things she doesn't want to tell him about. Noah also realizes just how much she scarred him when she left.

Meredi
ebook
Published October 4th 2016 by Lindsay Paige

To ask other readers questions about Back to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back to Me

SyLvIa
Mar 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
[1.5 stars] so at chapter 1 meredith is flying off to raleigh because she is having some setbacks in her life and w/o any plans to find her ex-bf whom she left years ago to pursue her tennis career, like seriously?? who does dat?
and because meredith just came running to noah, noah accepts her willingly into his arms & slept together in chapter 3. like *roll eyes* isnt it kind of easy?
progression is a bit too fast for my taste.

ok~ so i finished the book, dont know why i bother to finish it be
Christine
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Back to Me by Lindsay Paige is a sweet second chance romance which introduces us to a Carolina Rebels hockey team. Meredith Quick doesn't make rushed decisions but after a couple of life changing events happen she can't help but feel drawn to her high school love that she left behind for her professional tennis career. Noah Ramsey has never forgot his first love so much that it's affected any relationship he's had since their break up years ago. A successful professional hockey player in the pri ...more
Allison6876
May 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
The characters are very shallow and Meredith desperately needs therapy. It is dangerous to say, in a book, that another person can/should make you happy and cure everything that is wrong in your life. A person needs to develop a healthy sense of self and learn to make themselves happy.
Coco.V
Nov 10, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/10/2017)!
Margaux
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lindsay Paige did not give trigger warnings on depression and verbal or emotional abuse for Back to Me. Therefore, I’m saying it now. If you’re in your early stages of recovery and is sensitive on such topics, this may not be the book for you just yet. However, the flow directing to those themes were done in a tasteful manner. You are gradually eased to those issues in a way that you empathize with the characters because you relate to them.

Back to Me tackles how the characters deal with second c
Marisela Chavez
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Noah & Meredith story. I honestly couldn't wait to see what will happen next. I most definitely read more of this series.
Cecilia
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
The Book Lover
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A second chance love story that will definite leave you craving for more!! this story was deep, emotional, heartbreaking and sweet all at the same time.. I fell in love with both characters at the same time because of how deep they feel with one another.. it makes you think that no matter how much time passes if love is there, it will always be there.. I can't wait to see where this series takes us and to see what the Rebels players do during the season!!!
Diane Lynch
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Back to Me (Carolina Rebels #1) by Lindsay Paige Lindsay Paige’s BACK TO ME is an amazing start to the Carolina Rebels Series.  Tennis star Meredith Quick suffers a potential career-ending injury. After reflecting on her situation, she realizes she made a mistake when she broke up with her ex-boyfriend, hockey player Noah Ramsey.  She heads to Raleigh, North Carolina in hopes of rekindling their relationship.  This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

Lindsa
maliyamu
Jan 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
disclaimer: I only read it to see how trashy it is
Kim
Oct 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
New to me author. This book was not for me. I had no connection with MCs. This book is a MF contemporary story set in the sports world.
Haddie
DISCLAIMER: I read an e-arc of this book.

I think I just found myself a team to root for. Granted, the Rebels may only exist in this book, but I am totally on board here.

Noah and Mere's second chance at love is so heartfelt. The troubles Mere goes through before realizing she should at least try to go back to Noah. It is pretty obvious that Noah has been waiting for her to come back. He didn't cover up the tattoo of her name across his heart. If that's not true love and patience to wait, I don't
Carrie
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this story! 10++ stars! Noah & Meredith sucked me in from page one. Their history, chemistry, and the way they work on their relationship throughout the story all work together perfectly to create an engaging and entertaining story. Marc is DEFINITELY an awesome "third wheel" *cough* character, and I'm SO looking forward to his book, which is next in the series.

Noah & Mere's story is full of humor, sweetness, and emotional depth WITHOUT being angsty. And I think that made me love it
Josephine
Oct 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf - 16%
Jen
was likin it then it abruptly ended ....
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
This isn't a book I would normally have picked up, but I am trying to branch out of my comfort zone and read more adult novels. If you are sensing a pattern of all the hockey related books I have been reading lately, it's because I'm looking for comps for my own WIP. So that's how I stumbled upon Lindsay Paige's adult hockey romance series Carolina Rebels. I actually got this one free on ebook, but I'm not sure if I really wa
Sharon
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one took a while to get through. Noah is a hockey player who has it all but the love of his life and one day while at the airport bam there she is. The one that walked away from him 8 years ago to start her dream of a tennis champion. She has been dealt some tough blows and is running back to find her one true love she left. When all of sudden she runs into him at the airport. The story from there goes quick, she moves in, the exes make an appearance, Noah fears she’s always going to run et ...more
Clarie Giselle Mercado
Had potential....then poof

I cannot even begin to explain my disappointment. The blurb had me intrigued but at 3% I was like no why. Every chapter is in the first person which is annoying. Like who cares if you pour yourself cereal or talking on the phone. Their could have been chemistry but there was no build-up. Chapter 3 they we're already having sex then she moves in. I stop at 14% and fast forwarded and read a little and proved to be equally as bad. Don't recommend it. Thank God it was free.
Tracy
Feb 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nook
I did not care for this book as I feel like it could have ended within the first few chapters. I also didn't like how since there was no real conflict and you were just reading a day to day "in the life of Noah and Meredith" book that it just all of a sudden ended. I mean I was glad when it ended but since there was no climax to the story there was no real events or situations that let you know that the book was coming to an end. I thought I may want to read about Marco and his story but I don't ...more
Steffie
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
It was an odd book, everything moved in stupidly fast time (our two main characters were living together, back together, in love by chapter three). When I got to chapter 5 everything was done, no build up or anything. The rest of the book keeps them on the same wave. I didn’t like the aspect that it was written as “if he loves me again, everything will be perfect”. Some of us out here are all alone and love it, I don’t need the acceptance of a man or knowing my “Noah” will fix me, what she neede ...more
Anu
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book

I rarely read blurbs, but this one I read. It sounded so good. I had high hopes for this book.

It felt like book was over before it started. At the chapter three it felt like book could end there. After that it felt like a diary. Actually ending was kind of sudden.

Almost drama-free. I am giving one star for the book and another for Marc, he was funny.
Leigh Ann Atwood
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow start, great finish

Have a tough time getting started on this one. Things just seem too easy, with two people who had been apart for eight years moving in together with virtually no discussion or dissent. seemed odd and took some getting used to. But then the issues were exposed and the book started to fall in the place.Real people like enough to find each other and make it stick.
Brenda
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Overall assessment, I didn't hate the book, but I also wasn't overjoyed with love for it either. I don't even know if I can pinpoint the part where I can just say 'That's where it went south and made me not love it'. The story is there, but something was missing. I was looking forward to the book, being a lover of hockey and romance.. In the end I would suggest it only if you're wanting a nice little HEA that's light and fun.
Becki
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was just ok but didn’t really hold any substance for me. There wasn’t much to the story line. Noah was over the top sweet and understanding about everything! Including why Meredith left him eight years earlier. The story ended rather abruptly and even though it is a series I will not be continuing on with it.
Brittany
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
I kept waiting for something exciting to happen but it never really did. The hockey also didn’t make the most sense or follow what actually happens in a hockey game in some of the parts. It was a good story but I felt like a lot of things didn’t make sense or could have been added into the story better. Like Vance and Erica’s parts in everything.
Megan's Reads
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not a huge fan of this book. I can put up with insta-love in some circumstances, but this story was too much, too fast for me. I didn't have much time to connect to either character before the romance totally took over. However, by the end of the story, I did enjoy the characters and their story. I just wish the story wouldn't have been rushed.
Connie
Disappointing! Hot hockey player, Noah Ramsey, has been hoping that his ex-love, Meredith Quick, comes back to him. And she does, bringing back so much baggage that you need a U-Haul truck to get through it all. The dialogue became tedious and annoying. The conflict between Erica and Meredith and Noah and Vance should have been explosive but instead just fizzled out like the rest of the story.
Marie Wright
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars for Back to Me by Lindsay Paige

What a great read for the first in a series of hot hockey players. An amazing second chance at love. Amazing characters. Can't wait for the next instalment of Carolina rebels!
Sherry H.
I enjoyed the book. Ended abruptly with no closure for anyone. At least needs an epilogue. I would like to know how things turn out. The wedding? The house? The kids? The job? I love Marc but am not willing to read the next book if it doesn’t have anymore closure than this one.
Denise
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fun read.

Okay a hockey story, that alone made it a great book for me. But it goes so much deeper than that. High School sweethearts with a major bump in the road. Noah and Meredith are the cutes couple. The story showed that real love always win.

• Playing The Game (York Bombers, #1)
  • Hunter (Campus Kings): A Football Secret Baby Novel
  • Ice Daddy: A Secret Baby Hockey Romance (Boston Brawlers, #2)
  • The Changeup (Men of the Show #1)
  • Playing Fate (Endgame Series #1)
  • The Philadelphia Patriots Books 1-3 (Philadelphia Patriots #1-3)
  • The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice #1)
  • The Season: Rush (Austin Arrows, #1)
  • Holding On To Love (Holding On #1)
  • Player's Princess
  • Just Say Yes (Indianapolis Eagles, #1)
  • Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel
  • Thousand Yard Bride
  • Killian (On the Line, #1)
  • Face Off (Nashville Sound, #1)
  • Fire on Ice (Fire on Ice #1)
  • Player
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
Lindsay Paige is the author of multiple Young Adult, New Adult, and Sports romances. She also enjoys writing books with characters who deal with anxiety and depression, issues which are close to her heart. Lindsay is a North Carolinian who loves watching hockey, sharing puns, having conversations with her two dogs, rewatching episodes of M*A*S*H, and living her dream of writing books for a living.

Carolina Rebels (5 books)
  • Because It's You (Carolina Rebels, #2)
  • It's Our Time (Carolina Rebels, #3)
  • Attached to You (Carolina Rebels, #4)
  • Worth the Risk (Carolina Rebels, #5)