Start by marking “Summon the Queen” as Want to Read:
Summon the Queen

Summon the Queen

(The Revolutionary #2)

It may be impossible to alter the past, but Irish revolutionary Nora O’Reilly is determined to try. Armed with a relic given to her by the goddess Brigid and joined by immortal Irish warrior Fionn mac Cumhaill, Nora is hurled back through time to the sixteenth century. There Nora and Fionn seek the infamous pirate queen Granuaile—Grace O’Malley—the one woman who may be fie ...more
Audio CD
Published January 17th 2017 by Brilliance Audio

Start your review of Summon the Queen
Erin
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: time travel fans- celtic history
Shelves: netgalley, series
I had absolutely no idea( when requesting an ARC) that this was the second book in a series. I strongly recommend reading the first book in the series Bury the Living because it took me awhile to grasp hold of what exactly was happening in the series. Luckily, the book does repeat some of the happenings in the first book and the book synopsis clearly outlines the first chapter. But even supplied with that information, it took me awhile to get an understanding of what was happening.

Similar to D
Constantine
Rating: 2.5/5.0

This is the second book to the revolutionary series. It is a mixture between historical fiction and fantasy/science fiction with time travel element. I feel the first book was more inline with the theme of revolution and also had some suspense to it. Although not a lot better but I was not bored while reading it. With this one I was bored and day dreaming a lot. The story was not able to grasp my full attention to it even though I liked the characters somehow (again not more than
Judi Easley
My Review: 4 Stars
This is the second book in The Revolutionary series by Ms. McIsaac. Though I have not read the first book, Bury the Living, I had no real problems picking up the story and knowing what was going on. So, no, you don't need to have read the first book to understand the second one. I think it's mostly because the couple has now gone further back in time. So they are in a new place with all new problems and people. Yes, this is a time travel romance. And the young lady just happens
Tony Parsons
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The God Aengus Óghad had cursed & taken Fionn mac Cumhaill (legendary warrior, aka Fionn O’Hanlon) power from him until he could save Ireland from doom.
Nora O’Reilly was of no help to him either as the Irish Civil War ravaged on.
Turlough O’Moore had heard Robert O’Hanlon (wealthy merchant/adventurer) had been hung & died.

He seemed to be quite alive & well.
Dublin, Ireland. Nora (ex-Provo, Andersonstown) & Fionn needed to make a trip.
She would leave a note for Cormac (husband), & Katherine “Ka
Michelle
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really have a hard time reading books out of order and if I find part of a series that looks good, I will usually go back to the beginning and read forward rather than jump around. Even with my particular need for order, you could easily start here with “Summon The Queen” and then go back and read “Bury The Living.” Even if you start out of order, the author Jodi McIsaac, has written in just enough about the previous book that new readers will feel caught up, and readers who have just finishe ...more
This middle book of the trilogy keeps the magic flowing with Fionn and Nora traveling to late 1500s Ireland, the grip of Elizabethan England ever expanding westward. McIsaac knows how to keep the story moving forward, not an achievement every middle book of a trilogy can boast. This book whetted my appetite for more Nora and Fionn, all the while building up anticipation for book three.

The favorite part for me was the exploration into more of the Irish history of this period. I don't think it's a
Faith Sarfaty
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trime travel

What a great book, travel back in time over and over to find and save a man and most of all Ireland. I love Celtic history and the Fae. This book was wonderful. Can't wait for the sequel!
Shirley
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited for this (what I thought was a) sequel. My only disappointment is that it didn’t wrap up. I don’t feel like there’s enough meat for this to be a multi book series. Nora and Fionn get together and lose each other how many times?
Dianna Sparks
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leaves you hanging

Very interesting step through time and struggles of love and !ife!!
Read both these books they lead you into yesterday!
Cindy Vallar
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once a member of the paramilitary Provisional Irish Republican Army, Nora O’Reilly wishes she could go back and change the past. That way her brother might still live, rather than be caught up in the Troubles of Northern Ireland. She gets her wish with the help of Brigid, both an ancient goddess and a Catholic saint, after she dreams of a man calling out for help.

Cursed with eternal life, Fionn mac Cumhaill has wandered through time for centuries. Once a legendary warrior, he is now just a man,
Samantha
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway program. When I entered to win this book, I did not see that it was book 2 of the series. I did enjoy the book, but it felt like it took me awhile to get up to speed on what was going on.
Mary  Allen
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on Goodreads and I must say I really enjoyed this book, I think it has a good story and characters thank you, looking to get more of her books.
Marissa
I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

"You've picked the wrong enemy, Nora. The only one you'll never defeat. Time."

Summon the Queen is the second installment in The Revolutionary series. I recommend folks interested in this book read the first one (Bury the Living) before picking up this one since it picks up right where the first book in the series left off. Nora time travels to a different pivotal part of Irish history in an attem
Christie
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I greatly enjoyed the second installment of 'The Revolutionary' series by Jodi McIsaac. Probably even more than the first. It explores ancient Ireland in a way that is thorough without becoming bogged down with information overload, commonplace with so many books in the time travel/historical genre.

The characters are the kind you want to see come out on top. Nora is about as stubborn as it gets, which can be frustrating as a reader at times, but I feel represents a modern day woman who finds he
Karin Boasci
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon
Beautiful,Amazing
Claudia Blanton
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am usually not a fan of fiction that has historical backgrounds and is rooted in actual events, but this one was the odd novel out. Summon The Queen is more a combo of paranormal, mystical, with the historical and a touch of romance.
While it can be read as a stand-alone book, this novel would be better read in sequence with its other series companions. It took me a while to get into the story, but once I did, I really did not want to leave.
Until the end that was where I had to scratch my hea
Vicki Ramirez
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Summon the Queen is the second in The Revolutionary Series. The series begins with the book, Bury the Living. For some reason, it escaped me and didn't realize I was beginning the series in the second book. That said, it gave me a new perspective on reading mid series, and I'm quite happy to say there was enough backstory that I wasn't lost on how Fionn and Nora came to meet and began this adventure.

The book begins with Fionn and Nora traveling back in time to sixteenth century Ireland. They've
Sharon
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I saw it was book 2, so I bought book 1 to read first. I'm glad I did. Although book 2 is a great read, having read book 1, I had insight into the lead characters and their motivation for their actions. Not only was the story itself a good read, the Irish history I learned was very interesting. Book 1 was the primarily the early 1900's, but this book took us to Ireland in the late 1500's. Filled with pirates, patriots and traitors, it gave a lot of insig ...more
Sherry Bledsoe
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book but leaves you ......

Great book but it left me ready to read book 3 but there is no mention of a Book 3 and I was left feeling like I did not know what happens to Finn and Nora and I WANT TO KNOW!!. If you like Irish history, Irish fairy tales, or if your just Irish then read this book.
Caroline
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. It's pretty well written. If you care about the dynamics of the United Kingdom (actually pretty timely given the Brexit craziness), then this is quite nice. I'm a big Elizabeth I nerd, so I was sort of nervous about reading something about the rebels, but I still liked the book. ...more
KarnagesMistress
Jan 17, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. It is a Kindle book.
Teresa Ramseur
Sep 18, 2018
ClaireFarrier
Dec 26, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
  • The Source (Witching Savannah, #2)
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah, #4)
  • The Blood And The Barley (The Strathavon Saga)
  • Your Blue Is Not My Blue: A Missing Person Memoir
  • Angel Killer (Jessica Blackwood #1)
  • Cuthbert's Way (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #17)
  • Halfway Dead (Halfway Witchy, #1)
  • Halfway Bitten (Halfway Witchy, #2)
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • Halfway Hunted (Halfway Witchy, #3)
  • Halfway Drowned (Halfway Witchy, #4)
  • Nightingale House
  • The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician, #2)
Jodi McIsaac is the author of the Irish contemporary fantasy series The Thin Veil (47North) the thriller A Cure for Madness (Thomas & Mercer) and the Revolutionary series (47North).

She grew up in New Brunswick, on Canada's east coast. After abandoning her Olympic speed skating dream, she wrote speeches for a politician, volunteered in a refugee camp, waited tables in Belfast, earned a couple of un

The Revolutionary (2 books)
  • Bury the Living (The Revolutionary, #1)