Start by marking “Royally Roma (The Royals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royally Roma (The Royals, #1)

Royally Roma

(The Royals #1)

In this charming, modern retelling of the classic Audrey Hepburn film Roman Holiday, a royal prince tries to escape his hectic and rigid life and ends up leading a young graduate student on a chase through the Eternal City.

Julia Costa is too busy trying to complete her PhD while also holding down a full-time job as a private tour guide in Rome to keep up with celebrity gos
Published March 27th 2017 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Royally Roma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royally Roma

Julie
Royally Roma by Teri Wilson is a 2017 Pocket Star publication.

Royally Roma is a cute tribute to, and retelling of the classic Audrey Hepburn movie, ‘Roman Holiday’.

Julia Costa is living in Rome, hiding out and escaping the public humiliation her father wrought on her family and nursing her wounds. She is employed as a tour guide while she works on her PhD.

A mix up has her giving Niccolo La Torre a private tour through Rome, mistakenly believing him to be someone else, and has absolutely no id
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
2 stars.

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

I really wanted to love this book. I enjoyed Ms. Wilson's Unleashing Mr. Darcy and absolutely adored Roman Holiday, so I was hoping the best for Royally Roma. Unfortunately, it fell short for me.

Before I talk about why it didn't work for me, I'll say why it would have. My 3 Rs.

First, Roman Holiday. It was such a sweet classic film about an innocent princess who meets Joe, a reporter looking for a scoop. As they spend time together in Rome, Joe softens up to Pr
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Julia Costa is an American living in Rome. She is studying for a PhD in archeology while working as a tour guide on the side. One morning Julia goes to pick up her client at the Hotel de Russie to start a tour. She assumes that a lone man sitting at a table is her customer and starts her tour. He seems a bit confused about the details but agrees join her for the day. She has no idea that she has just picked up Niccolo La Torre, Crown Prince of Lazaretto.

Niccolo La Torre is fed up with his royal
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Julia is kind of hiding out in Rome. Back in New York her dad destroyed her life and the lives of many other people with his illegal money dealings. That’s why Julia is trying to finish her archeology PhD in Rome, while making some money as a tourguide!
Enter Mano Romano. At least that’s what he tells her his name is. His real name is PRINCE Niccolo. He’s the next king of Lazzaretto. And he’s in the middle of a long tour of lots of countries to turn the Lazaretto Royal Family name into a good th
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I really enjoyed this one! Sweet and romantic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* arc received for review consideration

This book was a sweet and delightful journey throughout Rome. While some may hate the insta-love and attraction factor, I thought it was romantic and light-hearted.

The author brings us along for a fun ride and a tour of some favorite sights all while developing the heated attraction factor with a hottie Prince. And who wouldn't want to be a love interest with a royal? Uh, I would
Amy
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

This was a really cute, if totally unrealistic read, but if you can set aside plausibility then it’s a whole lot of fun. Julia is trying to begin a new life and get out of debt in Rome and she’s good at her job as a tour guide. Nico is the crown prince of Lazaretto and when she doesn’t recognize him and mistakes him as one of her clients, he can’t resist the opportunity to have anonymity, even if it’s only for a few days.

This one is full of s
Erin Dunn
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not for me. Review to come.
Thamy
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley2017
Honest review based on an ARC provided by Netgalley. Many thanks to the publisher for this opportunity.

I've been writing this a lot lately but this was yet another disappointment. This is really a 2.5 but not a bad book really. Just flawed.

The story was inspired in Roman Holiday. Guide tour Julia mistakes her client and ends up unknowingly touring runaway prince Niccolo around Rome. When the tour ends, she finds out that not only she is unemployed for not finding her actual client but also that
Talina
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novel was a delightfully cute retelling of Roman Holiday with it's engaging characters, a sizzling romance and pages filled with the beautiful descriptions of Rome. Despite the insta-love and some clichés, it really was a romantic and fun read that I quickly devoured through the weekend.

Royally Roma was the book I needed to quickly snatch me up from my oncoming reading slump. I've always loved books set in Europe and who wouldn't love a story about a girl meeting a prince, except she doesn
N.N. Light
I loved Roman Holiday and when I ran across this book (and its premise), I knew I had to read it. While it is a very loose adaptation of Roman Holiday, it left me with a blah feeling. I didn't like the Prince and thought he was a real jerkface. Couldn't get beyond that and thus my rating.

My Rating: 3 stars
Teresa
Apr 08, 2017 rated it liked it
What do you read after a book that makes you cry for days just thinking about it? One that is pure escapism and fun, which is exactly what this one was. Roman Holiday is one of my favorite movies, and I loved the twist on this modern day retelling. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and even little things that I don't always love in my stories worked well here, partly because of my mood. If it hadn't ended so abruptly, it might have been a four star read. Still, I was engaged with the author's w
Elly
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, romance, retelling
I love three things;

1. Fluffy romances
2. The movie Roman Holiday
3. Rome

This book is all three and was exactly what I needed.
Kimberly
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/07...

Royally Roma is an energetic, charming read. Teri Wilson consistently writes great modern-day retellings and her take on Roman Holiday had wonderful nods to the Audrey Hepburn/Gregory Peck classic while still maintaining its own identity.

Put aside your disbelief and enjoy a modern day fairytale where a dutiful prince in dire need of taking a break from cleaning up his brother’s messes impulsively takes
Elena-Loredana
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Original Review at The Book Portal.

4.5/5 stars.
This book was sweet, romantic, and intense. The love felt genuine and real despite being insta-love. Niccolo and Julia were complex characters with complicated pasts. They meet by chance and everything goes down from there.
Being a retelling of the classic black and white film Roman Holiday was one of things which attracted me to this book. And this says something because my number one black and white movie is Roman Holiday followed by Mr. Smith Goes
Amanda

Royally Roma is a very loose retelling of Roman Holiday that featured a runaway prince, an unsuspecting tour guide and the misadventures they find themselves in the Eternal City. I was super excited about this plot and then equally disappointed when it completely flopped.

Most of my qualms lay squarely with Niccolo and how ineffective he was as a hero. I felt little sympathy for his sad royal lot in life, save for a brief exception in an early chapter, and absolutely no patience for his
Michelle
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Royally Roma is the first book in The Royals series by Teri Wilson. Royally Roma is a modern retelling of the classic Audrey Hepburn film Roman Holiday. I found Royally Roma to be a fun whirlwind adventure romance. I can't wait to read more of The Royals series. In Royally Roma we get to see a crowned prince play hooky for a bit, and finally let loose and have some fun. This was a light hearted, feel good romance. I ...more
Clever Girl
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It's a fast read, just over 250 pages, but it packs a big punch.

Both Julia and Niccolo have secrets they can't escape. Niccolo is at a breaking point. He's been the responsible one, the one that cleans up the messes, who does the hard thing, but when he sees the woman with the red painted mouth, who doesn't know who he is, mistakes him for her client he seizes the opportunity to escape himself - at least for a few hours.

Julia is a strong person too. Her life was upende
Nancy
This is a long one...

I've always been a fan of stories where the prince falls for the every day girl, meaning a non-royal.
Now, I'd like to point out that the first thing that caught my attention was the cover, how cute is it? I was expecting something fun and sweet from that alone, then I read the synopsis and I just had to read it.

I loved the beginning. I know people are bothered but certain tropes, but I actually love when the MC doesn't realize the man/woman they're crushing on is royal.
Th
⚜️Trea
I was really bored with this book at the beginning of it, to the point of almost giving up on it. Then my son asked me to "hang out" with him and I decided to try and read just a bit more of it before quitting it. All of a sudden, I had the book finished! To me, the plot was mediocre at best. I didn't really connect with the characters, so the ending, while touching, didn't impact me as much as it should have. Thankfully, it was a short read!
TSN
Nov 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF 30%

Didn't like the writing style.
Milena
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley, dnf
DNF
I received an ARC of Royally Roma from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
I was very excited to get Royally Roma because it had such a promise! I was swooning over the cover and the romantic setting. Unfortunately I did not enjoy it and couldn't finish it. I was expecting sexy and fun but I got mushy and sickeningly sweet. There is hardly anything happening except gazing into each other's eyes, blushing, admiring kissable lips, strong arms, long lashes, etc. I lost
Amy
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Really cute, easy read. I love getting lost in a good romance and I love being able to experience new places via the written word. Royally Roma is a quick read, one that you can easily finish in just one sitting. The story-line is fun and cute. The characters are entertaining and sweet together.

Overall, I thought this was just a really sweet read. It’s definitely going to be one of those that is great for some, but not a hit for others. For me, I’m somewhere in between. While this is sweeter tha
Cindy Roesel
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
"There was a prince in my bed."
Every once in a while it's nice to read a simple happy love story. Boy meets girl, they have a few problems, but in the end, "they live happily ever after."
Teri Wilson has delivered such a delicious treat with, ROYALLY ROMA (PocketStarBooks). It's the first novel in her new trilogy featuring the lovely American Julia Costa and Nicollo La Torre, Crown Prince of Lazaretto. Before even getting into the story, readers are greeted by a delightful cover featuring bubble
Linda Zagon
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

I loved the way Teri Wilson incorporated romance and adventure in “Royally Roma” The genre of “Royally Roma” is Romance. I appreciate the author’s descriptions of the scenery and significant destinations to tour in Rome. The architecture and history of the Coliseum (Colosseum), statues, restored ruins, fountains, and churches are depicted.

Teri Wilson describes the characters as complex, complicated, overwhelmed and secretive.

Julia Costa has run away from home in America , where her father has e
Lynn
Love that there was a remake of Roman Holiday because it's a classic. Wish there was a second book because it is very open ended. Two people with the need to be anonymous and hidden find each other when they need an allie more than ever. I think that's why I didn't enjoy it as much as I could. The aftermath of the identities being revealed was not explored as much as I would have liked. I felt like it left off where the middle of the book would be.
Vee Stojcevski
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Romantic

I devoured this story in a short time because I couldn't tear myself away from it. I loved it from beginning to end. There is nothing like romance mixed with a Prince. Nico and Julia were so much fun to follow. I laughed, I cried and I was delighted by their tempestuous relationship. A highly recommended read. Teri's books are addictive!
Blodeuedd Finland
May 05, 2017 marked it as dnf
I tried reading this one (free on xoxoafter dark this month). But the heroine annoyed me after her tirade about royals, srsly, sure the Roman ones were effed up but I am pretty sure they had troubles too.

The trope sounded so cute, but alas no
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
Not terrible, but it barely kept my interest. Didn't help that the ending was incredibly abrupt with no real resolution, or else I would have probably rounded up to 3 stars.
Piepie
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and sexy! My breath caught as I read faster to get to the end - I just had to know how Niccolo and Julia's story was going to play out! I really loved the Italian setting and all the bits of history and legend. A fun, steamy read to kick off summer!
Zetti
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nico is a sly man especially when he finds out that tour guide Julia Costa doesn’t know who he is. It is a complete breath of fresh air when he can be himself around a person who doesn’t actually know who he is. I love this element to the book because it is two people being real and themselves. That for me is such an important element in this book because it showcases the person they are without having to pretend.

Nico caught my heart from the beginning, he’s funny, cute and sexy which makes it m
« previous 1 3 next »

• Seeking Mr. Wrong
  • Pitch Imperfect
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • Payoff Pitch (Philadelphia Patriots, #5)
  • Undressing Mr. Darcy
  • Everly After
  • One Night (Only You, #1)
  • The Romanovs
  • Royal Marriage Market
  • Persuasion, Captain Wentworth and Cracklin' Cornbread (Jane Austen Takes the South, #3)
  • How to Ruin a Queen: Marie Antoinette and the Diamond Necklace Affair
  • The Duke of Dark Desires (The Wild Quartet, #4)
  • A Thousand Fires
  • The Queen of Dauphine Street (NOLA Nights, #2)
  • Mistletoe Wishes: The Billionaire's Christmas Gift / One Christmas Night in Venice / Snowbound with the Millionaire
  • Overexposed (In Focus, #4)
  • Bounce (Boomerang, #3)
  • The Prince's Nanny
Teri Wilson is the author/creator of the Hallmark Channel Original Movies UNLEASHING MR. DARCY, MARRYING MR. DARCY, THE ART OF US and NORTHERN LIGHTS OF CHRISTMAS, based on her book SLEIGH BELL SWEETHEARTS. She is also a recipient of the prestigious RITA Award for excellence in romantic fiction. Teri has a major weakness for cute animals, pretty dresses and Audrey Hepburn films, and she loves foll ...more

The Royals (3 books)
  • Royally Romanov (The Royals, #2)
  • Royally Wed (The Royals #3)