Start by marking “Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)” as Want to Read:
Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)

Empire of Storms

(Throne of Glass #5)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  114,903 Ratings  ·  15,046 Reviews
The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius as war looms on the horizon. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those who don't.

With her heart sworn to the warrior-prince by her side, and her fealty pledged to the people she is determined to save, Aelin wil
Audible Audio, 25 pages
Published September 6th 2016 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about Empire of Storms, please sign up.
Isabella Beltran Well, I feel proud because I shipped Rowaelin before they were together instead of the other ships. Not to mention I love Rowan, and I think that…moreWell, I feel proud because I shipped Rowaelin before they were together instead of the other ships. Not to mention I love Rowan, and I think that Aelin will find a way to connect to Rowan's power and stay immortal with him or Rowan will find a way to stop being immortal (I hope it's the first idea), otherwise, I'll probably drown in my own tears as he stays young and watches her grow old and die.(less)
Faith OMG YES! I swear if they don't get together I will slowly curl up into a ball of nothingness and die.

Simona Bartolotta
*Do I need to remind you to be civil? No, I don’t. Good kids.

This is the story of how Sarah J. Maas reviewed her own poetics in one of her books.

"You will hate any moment of peace or happiness."
(Because rest assured they'll use every single one of them to have sex or to seduce someone into having sex, and sometimes not even imminent danger will be enough of a deterrent. Sadly. A massacre or two would have spiced things up.)

"Dorian offered a lazy grin in return. “Believe it or not, this ship has
Cait • A Page with a View
ALL SPOILERS ARE HIDDEN.

Update from a reread: this story was way more powerful the second time through once I knew where it was going.

This series means SO much to me, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to blindly love it or treat it any differently than other book I review. I really enjoyed the story, but still thought I was only going to give it 4 stars until the exclusive short stories added a lot.

First off, I would absolutely recommend reading The Assassin's Blade before this book if you haven't
Emily May
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2016
“Where do you think you’re going?” Darrow demanded.
She looked over her shoulder. “To call in old debts and promises. To raise an army of assassins and thieves and exiles and commoners. To finish what was started long, long ago.”

3 1/2 stars. Much better than Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows, methinks. But maybe not if you're unable to skim over the gross love scenes between Aelin and Rowan, or you just can't deal with a book where Chaol is completely absent.

I have to say, though, I think Empir
Kimi

Here are my reviews of the previous books in this series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
The Assassin's Blade
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows

These two girls said it all Simona’s review , Paige’s video

*sigh* I’m not sure where to start. I’ve pretty much loved all the previous books in this series but aghhh this one.

Welcome to Empire of Storms, the try not to cringe challenge book edition.

➨ The first thing that you notice while reading Empire of Storms is the similarities it has with ACOMAF. I thin
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I read the sex scene from this book out of context, and I was left with several questions. here is a sampling of these questions:

⭐are they fucking on the beach or in the water?
⭐how does he keep touching her back scars when she’s lying down on her back, possibly submerged in the water?
⭐does Aelin have a hovercraft or really good abs or both?
⭐how does she gently place a necklace on a high up part of the beach, where the water can't touch it, from her position right next to the water?
⭐is Aelin Elas
Andrea
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius …
And I will not be afraid.”

Someone willing to talk? This book destroyed me and I think I need therapy to endure the wait and pain until next year.
Edit:
So, I'll need to wait another year to know what happens next... Not fair Sarah J. Maas, not fair.
I know there's another book coming but really, I just don't care much for Chaol at the time.

Why did I read Queen Of Shadows so fast?
Dammit, this happens every damn year.
I read the damn book way too fast and I
Andreea Pop
Brilliance. Sheer, pure brilliance. This is what this book is. Everything I wanted and everything I didn't know I wanted. It's a whirlwind of emotions. Quite probably, the best in the series.

Full review to come.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I'll have a full video review discussing my thoughts soon.
Christine Riccio
I DEVOURED THIS AS I DEVOUR ALL OF SARAH J MAAS'S BOOK ENJOYING EVERY SECOND. I love the characters in this seris so much!!! Here's my booktalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9tnt...
Wendy Darling
MORE WYVERNS AND BATHTUB SCENES, PLEASE.
Nat
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The world will be saved and remade by the dreamers.”

It was unexpectedly relieving to slip back into this world. Initially, I was dreading this sequel because there was just so much that could go completely wrong, but Sarah J. Maas seriously knows her stuff. She handled the situations she put my favorite witches through with excellence.

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

Right from the start, we get to hear from Elena Galathynius, which, finally. She’s one of my favorites from this series and getti
Regan
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come!
Paige (Enchantology)

Here's a compilation of my live Snapchat updates.

Some jumbled thoughts:

I don't care about any of the characters that I'm supposed to care about anymore. The longer you spend with SJM's characters, the more it seems like she's completely incapable of keeping character's consistent or giving them realistic development. Not caring about these characters has a significant impact on one's ability to enjoy this book, as so much of it hinges on characters and their relationships with one anot
Nick
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a modern masterpiece.
Katerina
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All Hail Queen Maas!

I may hate her right now, I may be cursing her name and shaking and screaming, but deep down I love her with an unprecedented reverence. She can't be human, no, she is a terrible, brilliant and cruel deity that messes with us mortals. For the past 48 hours I've been fighting and bleeding in Erilea. Now, I'm in a daze. Powerful gusts of wind scattered my mind. Bright fire reduced my sanity to cinders. And icicles have pierced my heart. Because this book, because Empire of Stor
Kat O'Keeffe
I flew through this and had a blast while reading, but after finishing I started to focus more on the problems I had with it. I did still enjoy it overall, but it's not my fave in the series. Tone and content-wise it just felt very different from the previous books. I'm still invested in the series though, and I can't wait to see how this all wraps up in the final installment!

I talk more about this book (both spoiler-free and a spoiler section!) in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm
Maggie
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
❝But Aelin had promised herself, months and months ago, that she would not pretend to be anything but what she was. She had crawled through darkness and blood and despair—she had survived.❞

Like others, I either hated this or loved it. I am on neither side, but I am in the middle. I'm not the biggest fan of half stars, so 3.5 doesn't exist for me, it's just 3. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. I loved the character development, hated some characters, love others one a lot more, was upset
Ben Alderson
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best book ever.
i need to breathe.
can you please message me if you have read this
i need to talk about it
Katerina Kondrenko
2.5 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Genre: high-fantasy, NA
Stuff: fae, witches, dragons, a million kings and queens
Fail: gross sex, repetitiveness, pathos
WOW: the Witches' politics
POV: 3rd-person, multi
Love-Geometry: none

Quote-Core:
"It was all borrowed time anyway."

This review won't be long (too little free time), but
Angela
“Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen, knew the time would soon come to prove just how much she'd bleed for Erilea.”

Had to give myself some time after reading this epic book, to gather my thoughts, and pull myself off the floor. I think I've had some time to get it together and am finally ready to right a review for this book.

We're pretty deep into the Throne of Glass Series so writing reviews for it are getting harder and harder. It's getting harder to talk about events going on and where
Liz
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anticipated-2016

After re-reading a few parts I cannot help but rate it lower. Well, maybe it'll be one of those books that I rate lower and lower with every time I re-read some parts and revise them in my head. Oh, SJM, you could have done it so much better. Why? Pity.

I will start with the flaws.
Well, the "mature" content that reminded me a bit of fanfictions from AO3, not because it was horrible, but because it was given too many pages and written in an over-the-top manner. That said, I am generally not fond
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read on Audio! Okay, so I found another hardback copy with the poster on the inside of the dust jacket so... dad took it over and got it laminated for me and it's on my shelf now. Yes, I'm crazy =)

Did anyone else get the Barnes & Noble edition with he beautiful cover art on the inside front pages and the inside back pages? They are beautiful!

THIS BOOK IS FREAKING EPIC AND I LOVED IT AND I LOVE ALL OF EVERYONE IN THE BOOK AND I LOVE ROWAN AND ETC AND SO FORTH. THERE WILL BE "NO SPOILERS!"
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”The world,” Aelin said, “will be saved and remade by the dreamers, Rolfe.”

So, it took me ages to start writing this review and truth be told I’m still not sure if I’m ready to do it. This book was the equivalent of a wild roller coaster, just with the minor and rather distinctive difference that there actually was no brake in the end. It felt like an amazing ride up until the moment the brakes failed and the entire waggon tumbled into nothingness!
And if you already think that my description is
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
Full spoiler free review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-mo...

I FINALLY GODS-DAMNED DID IT
It was long and it was difficult but it was worth it. I have the hardest time getting through Sarah J. Maas books because they're so long and there's so much going on, so I complain A TON as I'm reading it, but I always end up loving it in the end.
Aly's Bookish Wonderland
Reread: April/May 2017

WHY. DO. I. DO. THIS. TO. MYSELF.

Honestly, I'm terrified for Tower of Dawn because, hell, if it all went to crap at the end of Empire of Storms, what on earth are Chaol and Nesryn dealing with in the Southern continents? I am dying to find out, but also too scared. Hulp.

I shall go mourn my babies now.

After reading: I am dead.

Basically, Maas is the reason I have trust issues when it comes to book. She is too skilled at ripping my heart out of my chest, beating it up, cuttin
Kiki
Khurram
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just an amazing book. My expectations were sky high for this book. The Throne of Glass has been one faverite series in a long time. Every book seemed to get better and better. With these kinds of high hope I was just though this book would let me down somewhere. The only let down is the book is finished and I can't wait for the next one. It not only lived up to my expectations but sapassed them. One thing I will put a note on is there is a lot more explicit passages both in language and scenes. ...more
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
4.5 Stars
I want to cry my eyes out, throw this book across the room, and hug Maas. This was nuts.

------ MILD SPOILERS BELOW (nothing big)------

I am completely wrecked but in the best possible way. This book was astounding- so many amazing moments. I do have complaints that I'll explain out below *cough, mush scenes*- but overall, this series is one hell of an emotional rollercoaster and that most definitely continues here. By the way... I've decided this book is basically what were to happen if
Fiona
Mar 13, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody, I wouldn't even put my worst enemy through this disappointment
I did it. I got my hands on an early release of Empire of Storms and binge-read it (however painful that was).

And oh my gracious god what did I just read.

Look, if I wanted fanfic I'd go to archiveofourown, not go and buy one in a bookstore. Honestly I'd also get better quality on ao3 than I got in this book.

Queen of Shadows was a bit of a disappointment but this

This was painful to read, this is an insult to the genre.

This is blasphemy.

(view spoiler)
Hannah
May 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Wow. Just wow.

I'll be filming a full video review for this so I'll keep my thoughts here brief.

I didn't have high expectations going into this because, as this series has gone on, I've increasingly lost interest in most of the characters and the plot.

But this took everything I didn't like in the series and multiplied it by 10000 and took everything I loved and shattered it to pieces.

For a while, I actually really enjoyed the direction of the plot. It seemed like the world would actually start
  • Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3; Study, #6)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3)
  • Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • The Struggle (Titan, #3)
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)
  • Legion (Talon, #4)
  • The Song Rising (The Bone Season, #3)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
“The world,” Aelin said, “will be saved and remade by the dreamers, Rolfe.” 1121 likes
“Even when this world is a forgotten whisper of dust between the stars, I will always love you.” 764 likes