Start by marking “Historias breves de Hogwarts: Poder, política y poltergeists pesados (Pottermore presenta, #2)” as Want to Read:

Historias breves de Hogwarts: Poder, política y poltergeists pesados

(Pottermore Presents #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  25,429 ratings  ·  1,687 reviews
Ningún primer ministro muggle ha pisado el Ministerio de Magia por razones muy bien resumidas por el ex ministro Dugald McPhail (mandato 1858-1865): "tienen la mente tan cerrada que no hubieran podido con ello". – J.K. Rowling
Pottermore Presents es una colección de historias breves de J.K. Rowling publicadas originalmente en pottermore.com. Gracias a estos libros electróni
Published September 6th 2016 by Pottermore

·  25,429 ratings  ·  1,687 reviews

Start your review of Historias breves de Hogwarts: Poder, política y poltergeists pesados (Pottermore presenta, #2)
Jayson
(B) 75% | More than Satisfactory
Notes: It favors love over fear, in the Machiavellian way, and sees self-aggrandizing as an offspring of insecurity and shame.
Mohammed Arabey
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, the extra writings by our QUEEN OF MAGIC organized, professionally edited & bound in one ebook.

And this one about those Power hungry and ambitious.

Stories of Power and Politics.
From the ruthless roots of Umbridge.

To Slughorn’s early years as Potions master at Hogwarts.

To the inadequate yet hungry for importance and Power, Quirrell.
Till power really goes to his head..

And for fun, what d' ya know about Poltergeists? Peeves back story will tell ya big deal about'.

Every witch or wizard
Kai
Aug 17, 2016 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 2016
"Their puir wee braines couldnae cope wi´it. They be'a support trans lives instead."
-Ex-Minister for Magic Dugald McPhail, on why no Muggle has ever set foot in the Ministry for Magic

Mermaids UK

The Trevor Project

Black Visions Collective
Alejandro
Power and politics from the world of Harry Potter!

This is the second ebook (in a series of three, so far) collecting short stories written by J.K. Rowling for the Pottermore website.

In this second book, you’ll get nine short stories focused in the themes of the evil pursuit for power, the corruption in magical politics and even a pesky poltergeist.

Thanks to these wonderful narratives, you’ll get to know beyond of what you may got in the original Harry Potter’s book series, various fearsome c
Mary S. R.
5 STARS! probably my favourite of the three Pottermore Presents books :)
In the wrong hands, power and magic can be dark, lethal, and consuming.
In “Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists” you discover what happens when power goes to someone’s head (quite literally, in Professor Quirrell’s case).

It's less in a “storytelling” tone and more an account of their pasts, with J.K. Rowling's thoughts tagged along! I found its writing and whole design appropriate for its
Ahmad Sharabiani
Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists (Pottermore Presents #2), J.K. Rowling

Pottermore Presents is a collection of J.K. Rowling’s writing: short reads originally featured on pottermore.com with some exclusive new additions.

These eBooks, with writing curated by Pottermore, will take you beyond the Harry Potter stories as J.K. Rowling reveals her inspiration, intricate details of characters’ lives and surprises from the wizarding world.

These stories of power, poli
Ronak Gajjar
2. BORING – MAGIC MINISTERS
3. ALWAYS – GOING – POOF – HORACE SLUGHORN
4. I – TOO – AM – CAPABLE – QUIRINUS QUIRRELL
5. THE – MOST – MISCHIEVOUS – PEEVES THE POLTERGEIST
I started this book by hating the diabolical sadistic Dolores Umbridge, even her name holds the meaning which is really uncanny.
description
I mean even looking at her or reading about her gives you negative vibes! She is CREEPY!
description
The ministers bored me all along, being parado
Calista
This little history book gives us background information on several of the lesser known people at the Hogwarts. We see the menacing childhood of Dolores Umbridge and why Horace Slughorn likes to be around famous people. We see what drove Quirinus Quirrell toward looking for Voldemort. I enjoyed learning about Peeves and how why he is around. There is history of Azkaban and how the place came to be. It's a sordid history. Then there is a list of all the Ministers of Magic back when they were keep ...more
Archit Ojha
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A panoramic collection!

I loved to get to know more about the characters who do evil things. I appreciated how J.K.Rowling provided both Heroes and Villians' back stories for her readers.

Definitely recommended.
Bradley
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2016-shelf
Not really short stories as character bios, but good for all that. I liked seeing some background on the some of the baddies and the not so baddies, the grey folks like Slughorn.

Definitely a good read if you like to get additional information about main characters like Dolores. :)

Liz Weasleyhead
Dolores Umbridge is one of the most awful person eeever :( and thanks to Rowling I hate her even more now :)
Trish
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second book full of short stories and snippets from the world of Harry Potter includes the following five chapters:

1) Dolores Umbridge
2) Ministers for Magic and Azkaban
3) Horace Slughorn / Polyjuice Potion / Cauldrons
4) Quirinus Quirrell
5) A Pesky Poltergeist

I've always hated Umbridge. Like HATED. Voldemort is the ultimate evil but he has no emotions. In many ways, it's easy to see him as a non-human and therefore treat him differently (put him in his own class so to speak). Umbridge howeve
Vaneesha
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRILLIANT!

This is less of a short story, and more of an encyclopedia-y read, which isn't a bad thing, after the atrocity that was Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

There's mention of some of my old favs and just enough backstory to satisfy me without totally ruining my own version of characterizations I've developed in my head.

I can't wait to read Remus' section in the next Pottermore Presents (I'm realizing now I'm reading these out of order ... OH WELL).
Christine Spoors
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
I don't think I will ever stop being amazed at how thorough the world building and character development in the Wizarding World is!

I loved reading more about power and politics in the Wizarding World, it was especially interesting to learn more about the Ministers of Magic throughout the years! I'm not giving these books full reviews because they are pretty short!
Mai
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eread-audiobooks
I loved all the introductions to Cauldrons and Potions, and the part where J.K. Rowling described Azkaban and why it was named Azkaban, it was amazing.
I love her mind so much that I want her to keep writing in this world forever.
Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)
As the #1 is more about single characters, #2 manages to mingle characters and interesting facts from the wizard's world into one. Loved it! Many great quotes, funny things and magic.

Sammm
This review has the SAME opening from reviews I wrote for THIS and THIS, the other 2 books in the Pottermore Presents, because I do in fact have the same opinion on the matter. Starting from the Pottermore urls is where the reviews differ from one another due to being different books.

I'm happy that some of the additional materials from Pottermore are finally collected and presented in a book-like way! It kind of forces me into reading them as well, cuz before, when it was articles on charact
Ryan Buckby
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the second in a set of 3 short stories released by jk rowling this year and i can say i enjoyed this one but not as much as i did the first one.

However i did enjoy learning about all of the minster's of magic from the beginning until the very present. I liked how Jk rowling provided a snapshot of each minister and how there career with the top job went, it provided me with more information about how each minister is elected and how long they can be in office for.

Dolores Umbridge was one of the
Christina
5 stars!

Every witch or wizard with a wand has held in his or her hands more power than we will ever know. With the right spell or potion, they can fabricate love, travel through time, change physical form and even extinguish life.

This is the 2nd collection of short stories made available by Pottermore, written by JK Rowling. I love these shorts...they explore even farther into the magical world and it's history, and they also go into more detail about characters whose backstories weren't exp
JoAnna
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest this book kinda put me in a slump. I just didn't care much to read about Umbridge or Slughorn...... Especially Umbridge. I guess I need a little break from the wizarding world. :( But don't worry I won't stay away long!;)
chloe yeung ♡
my read for the first prompt of the reading rush 2019 - read a book with a purple cover.
i haven't realized how much i missed rowling's subtle humor until picking up this book. loved the writing, especially the in-depth and hilarious descriptions of the ministers for magic over the years.
Chelsea slytherink
You can read my review of Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies here,
and my review of Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide here!
-----------------------------------------
Well, what I'm about to say next, doesn't occur often: I don't really have an opinion on Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists. I didn't learn a lot of new information. If anything, it only raised more questions, instead of answering them! Honestly, I kind o
Veronique
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2016, stars-4-0
In the same vein as the first one, this second Pottermore ebook sheds light on a variety of topics, from the biographies of Dolores Umbridge, Horace Slughorn, Quirinus Quirrell and Peeves the Poltergeist, to short articles on the Ministers for Magic, Azkaban, Potions, Polyjuice Potion and Cauldrons.

For devouted Potter fans ;0)
Christine
These are not so much short stories about but character sketches, almost as if Rowling was showing her character sheets for Umbridge and Slughorn among others. The highlights are also a list of the Minsters of Magic, which includes some funny tidbits. If you are a Harry Potter fan, these are worth a read and nicely add to the universe.
Natalie
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves
I'm kinda fond of Peeves for some reason. Maybe because of his relationship with Fred and George.
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Perfect length for a cuppa.
ambsreads
Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists were tales about characters I didn't really care for, making this short novella simply enjoyable for me. In this particularly long titled story, we gain information on: Dolores Umbridge, the Ministers of Magic, Horace Slughorn, Quirinus Quirrell and Peeves the Poltergeist.

Characters

Dolores Umbridge

description

“Even at seventeen, Dolores was judgemental, prejudiced and sadistic.”

Dolores was a character who was worse than Voldemort, a
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
I really enjoyed these short stories. It made me want to hate even more Dolores Umbridge though. J.K. Rowling really knew how to make us not feel any ounce of forgiveness towards her hahaha

But I liked to read about Slughorn too. I liked his character even if I believe that I would never have made it on his elite list, but he was still a nice man if only a bit naïve.

I wish J.K. Rowling had talked more about the former Ministers of Magic; some of them would be have been quite interesting to read a
Anna C
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-story
Didn't know what took me so long to read this, I guess the reason is Umbridge as the first one? I kept stopping at her part, partly because I have read her story before it's bundled in this short stories. I hate this woman more than Voldemort, she's pure evil.
Well, the most interesting short story for me in this one is Horace Slughorn's, of course. Slay as usual, Rowling! Aside from Umbridge, Ministry of Magic, Azkaban, Slughorn, Quirrel, and Peeves, we even have super short story about cauldro
Ashley
Is this the closest to The Scottish Book that we are going to get? I really hope not, but I will take it all the same. ...more

• Harry Potter: A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #1)
  • 636 Harry Potter Spells, Facts And Trivia - The Ultimate Wizard Training Guide For Magic (Unofficial Guide Book 4)
  • Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Potions and Herbology (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #2)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Care of Magical Creatures (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #4)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Divination and Astronomy (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #3)
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library)
  • All 256 Harry Potter Spells - The Unofficial Spell Book Of Magic Containing All Curses, Charms, Jinxes & Hexes To Become The Ultimate Wizard Or Witch!
  • Harry Potter - The Magical Book of Facts: Over 250 facts you probably didn't know!
  • Harry Potter Unknown Magical Facts - Ultimate Fact Book: Magic Book
  • Unofficial Random Facts about Harry Potter
  • Random Harry Potter Facts You Probably Don't Know: (154 Fun Facts and Secret Trivia)
  • Random Facts about Harry Potter: (500 Random facts, Spells, Charms and Potions for Potter Fans)
  • 166 Harry Potter Facts - Trivia Training To Become The Ultimate Witch Or Wizard
  • Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Joke Book: Great Guffaws for Gryffindor
  • Would You Rather: Harry Potter: An Unofficial Question and Answer Word Game for Kids
  • 200 Harry Potter Trivia Questions - The Unofficial Wizard And Witch Training Guide With All The Facts (Unofficial Guide Book 3)