Start by marking “Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries (Bridget Jones, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries (Bridget Jones, #4)

Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries

(Bridget Jones #4)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  10,031 ratings  ·  1,077 reviews
Bridget Jones, beloved Singleton and global phenomenon, is back with a bump in Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries.

8:45 P.M. Realize there have been so many times in my life when have fantasized about going to a scan with Mark or Daniel: just not both at the same time.

Before motherhood, before marriage, Bridget with biological clock ticking very, very loudly, finds herself u
Published October 11th 2016 by Knopf Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Bridget Jones's Baby, please sign up.
Mary Alison You are correct on it being a "2.5."

You are correct on it being a "2.5."

The book is basically the same premise as the new movie, however the love triangle is once again between Bridget, Mark, and Daniel (rather than the Patrick Dempsey character in the movie). MATB happens after Bridget Jones' Baby.(less)

·  10,031 ratings  ·  1,077 reviews

Start your review of Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries (Bridget Jones, #4)
Emer (A Little Haze)
Who doesn't love Bridget Jones?????? She's just one of those characters that seems to have endeared herself to readers because we can all see traces of ourselves in her. And then there are the film adaptations which have made her a global icon of sorts!

So book one and book two in the Bridget Jones series correspond with film one and film two; there are some plot and character differences between the two but for the most part the story is the same.

Then there was the third book.... Mad About the B
Ahmad Sharabiani
Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries (Bridget Jones #4), Helen Fielding
In this gloriously funny, touching story of baby-deadline panic, maternal bliss, and social, professional, technological, culinary and childbirth chaos, Bridget Jones - global phenomenon and the world's favorite Singleton - is back with a bump.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز بیست و هشتم ماه سپتامبر سال 2015 میلادی
عنوان: بچه برژیت جونز؛ نویسنده: هلن فیلدینگ؛
از این کتاب فیلمی نیز با همین عنوان: «بچه بریجت(برژیت) جونز» در سال 2016 میلادی،
Tania
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Confession time: I am a HUGE fan of Bridget - the books and the movies. I just love that she is a really good person, but so far from perfect it's not even funny, well actually it is. I listened to the audio on a day I knew was going to be a really bad day, and it helped so much. I was giggling and laughing out loud, and it felt like I was surrounded by old friends. There is nothing deep (or very new) to this (2.5) book in the series, and it's a novella more than a book, but I for one, loved it. ...more
Aishu Rehman
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
The book has the same funny, lovable, self-deprecating voice as the first Bridget Jones book. Bridget's views of pregnancy veer from moving and tender, i.e,, when she refuses amniocentesis for fear of harming her baby -- to hilarious, i.e., when she tells people the baby is actually an elephant. One criticism: The scenes where she is working in the TV studio and talking into various teleprompters are hard to understand because the action can only be conveyed visually -- as they are successfully ...more
Idris Grey
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it

This book has the unlucky distinction of following a pretty perfect movie and an even more perfect script (seriously, go read the script). It suffers as a result.

I've been dying to read Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries for ages, since before the latest movie debuted. It finally arrived this morning. I finished it about 30
minutes ago. My feelings about this book are a little complicated. I’ll try to explain.

This book is different from the movie in a few ways. The movie’s like they too
Paul E. Morph
I'll admit that for the first half of this book I was calling it 'Bridget Jones and the Movie Tie-In Cash-Grab' and it all just seemed like a rehash of the first book, with the added wrinkle of Bridget's pregnancy.

In the second half, however, I think Fielding really stepped up a gear and did some of her best writing yet. There were some genuine laugh-out-loud moments and I almost got a little misty eyed in places.

Still, I didn't much care for the Royal visit subplot and I can't just overlook the
Sonja Arlow
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I am going to keep this review short and sweet, just like this novella.

If you have read the Bridget books or seen the movies and liked it then you wont be disappointed in this novella that falls between book 2 and 3. And the whole time I was listening I was craving a glass of ice cold white wine....

I wasn't crazy about the audio narrator but you get used to her after a while.

This was quintessential Bridget, perfect for a girly road trip.
J.A. Ironside
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I give up. You win, Fielding, you win.

I did not want to read this. I was certain I was going to hate it, falling as it did between The Edge of Reason and Mad about the Boy. Particularly as it was going to show a distinct break in Bridget and Mark's relationship. BUT. But I remembered that I thought the same about Mad about the Boy and ended up loving that book so I grudgingly ordered it from the library (there have to be some perks as a librarian, right?) It arrived today and I read it in a cou
Luella
Mar 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't understand why this was written. It feels like a waste of my time.
Fiona MacDonald
Very funny. I think actually overall I have enjoyed the films of Bridget Jones far more than the books (I know, shoot me!).
Bridget is stuck with a quandry in this book - she's pregnant, but doesn't know who the father is; is it Mark or Daniel? And can she persuade both of them to a) take it seriously and b) be supportive?
It follows a similar pattern to the other books - everything going wrong then every thing works out for the best. I found it amusing still and I was very relieved by the ending!
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I saw the film before reading this. I missed Hugh Grant's character of Daniel Cleaver in the film, so I was pleasantly surprised when reading this to find that Daniel was the other possible father of Bridget's baby alongside Mark Darcy (in the film, Daniel is replaced with Jack played by Patrick Dempsey).

I found it quite funny at first and of course everytime I read Daniel's lines, I just picture him as Hugh Grant and how Hugh seems to talk in real life but of course as always, Daniel has never
Bethan Watson
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I'm a massive fan of the Bridget Jones series and this one did not disappoint. I was howling with laughter and crying with sadness all in one sitting.

If you need a pick me up that's not too heavy, this is definitely the book for you.
Angela Reade
Oct 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately the weakest in all these books. Read in 2 hours. Same phrases as the other books, far less humour. So disappointed
Amanda
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review to follow. I did really enjoy this book but it was a bit short for my liking.
Ana
It's just like Bridget to write a baby diary, none of her offspring could read without cringing!
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I have always been a huge fan of the Bridget Jones's diary series. I've seen all the films and read all the books. With out a doubt Bridget is a hugely loveable character.

Having watched the movie and having one of the main characters sadly missing, I was so pleased to see that Daniel is very much in the actual book. It just wouldn't be the same without him. Even though I loved the film, I do think it would have been absolutely perfect if it had been in keeping with the book but obviously Hugh Gr
Michelle
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: austen-inspired
I'll start by explaining my Bridget Jones history for context. I've read Bridget Jones's Diary and I read Edge of Reason. I've watched all three movies, then read the book Bridget Jones's Baby. I won't read Mad About the Boy because I just can't deal with that plot twist. Anyway, that's my history with this character.

I don't know whether this book was written before or after the Bridget Jones's Baby movie.
There's a pretty significant difference between the two.
In the movie, Bridget is either pr
Kerri
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I find Bridget to be both highly annoying and very endearing. This is a fairly funny book, I chuckled alot and genuinely laughed a few times. It's the fourth book though, and I think my tolerance for the irritating aspects of her character are a little lower. While I enjoy the books, this is one of those cases where I prefer the films.
Rikke
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so much fun!

But, God I wish I had read the book before I watched the movie.
Agi
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases, 2016

Oh guys, I loved this book! I just loved it! Bridget Jones is, and will stay, my absolute hero, I've grown up with Bridget and no matter what other people say I love her and will support her no matter what and I think I will never be ready to say goodbye to Bridget. And I also think that "Bridget Jones' Baby" is probably the best book in the series.

I was laughing out loud already reading the first page and it stayed like this till the end. Yes, there were some poignant moments in this book as we
Kathrin
My other reviews for this series:
Bridget Jones's Diary
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
Mad About the Boy

Oh, how much I wish to have read 'Mad About the Boy' last because I loved it and it would have been a great ending to the series. Unfortunately, I read the books in the publishing order because I got them from my library and didn't know better.
Yes, I started to like Bridget more as the series continued after not really having a connection with her in book 1 (and for the main part in book 2).
Kristin Davison
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com-reads
It took me a little while to get into this book, but once I did it was the sane old Bridget getting herself into newer, but still as embarrassing situations. I was a little worried about this as I hadn't enjoyed the film as much as I thought I was going to, it seemed to loose something for me. But the book definitely lived up to the hype and I much prefer the book to the film.
I loved the flashbacks and references to the original books.

·164 pages read
·A blue book
·Read a book that came out this
Erika Robuck
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Irreverent, crass, uncouth, and bloody hilarious! :) I needed a good laugh, and this was the right medicine. Avoid if you are easily offended. Otherwise, enjoy!
Nancy
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
I enjoyed Bridget Jones's Diary and the movie based on the novel. Bridget was fresh and fun. I read the second book in the series, but missed the third installment. When I won a copy of Bridget Jones's Baby from Read it Forward I anticipated revisiting Bridget. I'd been reading many heavy and dark books. I needed a bit of fun fluff.

I found book four to be formulaic. Bridgit, Mark, and Daniel, even Jones's parents, were exactly who we've always known them to be. The stories seemed, well, thin.

Bu
Karin Walters
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 stars?? Well. I always loved the Bridget Jones books. At this point in time, Bridget is like that hapless friend who can't seem to get her life together. For the most part, it can be amusing but at the same time exasperating. Like, get it together.

Of course, I like Bridget Jones but I'm getting less and less like her. At this point, you'd think she'd figure out the whole Mark/Daniel dynamic. You can't live in limbo for that many years, can you?

Ok ok it's just a book. But I still like the fir
Heather Alderman
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Bridget Jones books and Helen Fielding's humor. Unfortunately, as much as I liked this book, it was 4 out of 5 for me. It was partially ruined for me by having already seen the movie (even though the story is slightly different), but it also felt like it was thrown together to follow up the release of the movie and not up to the author's usual level of writing.
KatRi
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the Bridget of the first two books, unlike in Mad about the boy. I just hope it would have been a little more about pregnancy (or making fun of it Bridget-style) and a little less about the complications with the supposed fathers. That said, I want to see the film now, too!
Claire Dobson
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 *'s

A fluffy, light hearted, fun read.
Emily Banks
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Two stars just because I love Bridget. This felt...not like that. Like it was someone else trying to hard to write with a Bridget type narrator.

• Unravelled
  • Always Smiling: The World According to Toff
  • What a Girl Wants (A Girl, #2)
  • The Miseducation of Evie Epworth
  • The Xenophobe's Guide to the Dutch
  • The Xenophobe's Guide to the Belgians
  • The Child Who Never Was
  • Leave Well Alone
  • 15-Minute Parenting 0-7 Years: Quick and easy ways to connect with your child (The Language of Play Book 1)
  • The Childe (The Childe, #1)
Helen Fielding was born in Yorkshire. She worked for many years in London as a newspaper and TV journalist, travelling as wildly and as often as possibly to Africa, India and Central America. She is the author of four novels: Cause Celeb, Bridget Jones’ s Diary, Bridget Jones:The Edge of Reason and Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination, and co-wrote the screenplays for the movie of Bridget ...more

Bridget Jones (4 books)
  • Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1)
  • Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones, #2)
  • Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones, #3)

News & Interviews

“Everything’s just so good now, because, as Dad says, ‘It’s coming from the inside, not the outside.” 2 likes
“liking" the most famous, or the richest, or the prettiest, more than the most human, or the kindest friend.” 2 likes