Start by marking “The Deep Blue Alibi” as Want to Read:
The Deep Blue Alibi

The Deep Blue Alibi

(Solomon vs. Lord #2)

They are Florida's most mismatched legal duo: one a glamorous Miami blue blood, the other a Coconut Grove beach bum. And when they get together, you can throw every law right out the window. What do you get when you mix beautiful people, family secrets, and a yacht washed up on Sunset Key with a hundred grand in cash and a dying man? Steve Solomon sees a case that can get ...more
Audio CD, 1 page
Published November 1st 2007 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published January 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Deep Blue Alibi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deep Blue Alibi

Start your review of The Deep Blue Alibi
Jim
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Without a doubt my favorite Paul Levine novel to date. I was so engrossed into, "The Deep Blue Alibi", that it took me just under 48 hours to read. This second book in Levine's Solomon Vs. Lord series picks up where the first book left off and runs crazy from there. With two protagonists who get along like oil and water, they can't seem to function unless they are together. Victoria Lord has doubts about staying law partners or romantic partners with Steve Solomon. She believes a separation is b ...more
Kara Jorges
): This book is touted as “Hiaasen meets Grisham.” The only comparisons to Hiaasen that I could see are it’s location in the Florida Keys and a sense of humor. The only common ground with Grisham is that it’s about lawyers. Paul Levine has a writing style of his own, miles away from wacky, yet infused with good humor. Levine’s characters are the people that Grisham and Hiaasen, Dorsey, et al. have been sniggering at.

Steve Solomon was a difficult sell as the male romantic lead, embodying too many
Linda
Oct 29, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind-numbing
I read this one on my kindle so I was somewhere between a quarter and halfway through and I became really annoyed because it seemed that this book centered around how many arguments Steve and Victoria could get into and the case was completely in the background. That annoyed feeling didn't go away. I decided that the only way I was going to get rid of that feeling was to get rid of this book. Didn't finish.
Susan
Nov 20, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining but didn't like it as well as the first book. I hate it when someone can't listen to reason and is always doing what they are told not to do. The 3 books by this guy are all like that. Solomon is stupid - his girl friend is the only one with brains. I just want to smack him. I won't read anymore of these because the character is so annoying.
Stan
Aug 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is perhaps not as cute as it aspires to be. Over a real mystery is laid a layer of humor and offbeat characters. But it tends to slip from amusing witty banter to cartoonish silliness. Still I have to give some credit for Solomon's Law #7: "When meeting an ex-girlfriend you dumped, always assume she's armed."
Carol
Apr 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Paul Levine's second book in this series as well as the first--which is unusual. His writing is simply hiliarias and I literally laughed out loud... So good for the soul. It's a great book for the men in our life too. Fun to read and laugh together!
Sharon Clark
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second time that I've listened to this book as an audiobook and I enjoyed it just as much the second time around. Paul Levine has created quirky characters who are often very comical. The reader of the audiobook, William Dufris, was excellent. He often used exaggerated intonations that were just hilarious. I always enjoy courtroom scenes and legal strategy, and this book entertained me in this regard as well. This is the second Solomon vs. Lord book that I've read and I look forward ...more
Suzette Edwards
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yawn

Okay, I tried. Got a short ways in the book but Lord and Solomon just don't have what it takes to keep me interested. Steve is an immature man who seems to think with his head.., not the one that wears the hat. Victoria tolerates him because he is good in bed. That's a great basis for a relationship (?). That seems to be the focus of the story. The boat that ran aground, dead man and injured uncle are secondary. Secondary enough that I lost interest. On to something with some substance to it
Michelle S Monroe
Fun read

This book is well written and easy to read. Characters are vivid and consistent, although sometimes predictable. The author weaves legal process within the story but without making it the focus of the book. There are plenty of Jimmy Buffett references to satisfy those of us who grew up in the Midwest and equate him with the carefree pirate lifestyle we enviously imagine everyone in Key West surely must lead.
Shalonda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
These two lawyers crack me up. They love to hate each other, that's how I see them. They bump heads at every turn, but yet they work so well togther. Just when Steve thought he had the killer in his sights, he finds out he's wrong. He's not as smart as the thought he was. Now about that nude resort they visited.....
Ramona
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read

Easy to read. Really entertaining, Solomon and Lord banter (different views on everything ). The saving grace is; they work better together, than apart. They are intent on winning the case, so they search for the facts. They end up in danger when they get close to the truth. Intresting families, good flow, great story.
Terry
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this author -Paul Levine understands how to make characters likeable, and he keeps the story moving at a brisk pace. He's never disappointed me, and I'm looking forward to reading his next work.
Katy
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great sequel to the first! Victoria and Steve are back, this time with Vick wanting a separate legal practice and reconnecting with a former friend, which sparks Steve's jealousy.

One problem with this reading: it's pronounced "conk" not "conche". I don't know how no one caught that!
Marilyn
I loved this clever mystery about two lawyers—partners and lovers—who solve a murder case while defending a client. At the same time each investigates a secret in their respective parents' pasts and is startled by what he/she uncovers.
Eulahtooles
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Opposites do attract

I just love the Solomon and Lord series. They are opposites and they are definitely after to each other. The book is fast paced and always keep you interested.
Michelle Strommen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book. I like the relationship between Lord and Solomon. This one seemed a little drawn out, but overall good story. The courtroom was great, I look forward to more cases with the two of them.
Barbara Brechbill
I can't understand why Paul Levine isn't greatly popular. He has a brisk style, and so well-written. The stories flow well, the characters are well developed, and the humor is laugh-out-loud funny. This is only my second book, and it is just a perfect read on a plane or on a grey day.
Cece Garrison
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable reading

The first I've read this author. Told an intriguing tale.; interested in reading more. Likeable characters all. Looking forward to more Steve and Victoria.
Danm
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
He's a good writer. Just not for me.
Robert J. Unger
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast pace, interesting and fun read. I will be reading my way through all the Solomon and Lord series. Great author.
Larry Fountain
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good read. funny south florida stuff. the kid is great.
Vicki
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series might be worth the time....pair of lawyers who also are interested in each other, mixed with mystery and court room comedy and drama.
Alexes Hourigan
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Michelle Puljiz and Melvin Larsen
Recommended to Alexes Hourigan by: Kindle Unlimited
Clean mystery - no excessive violence strong language, sex. Plenty of twist and turns with a surprise ending. Very definite must read!!
Andrew Reed
Jun 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thought this was a legal thriller. Big mistake. Nothing but a silly love story!!
Don Paske
An ok book. Somewhat tedious with all the family issues...
Dick McGlynn
Very entertaining.
Chris Boesel
Classic, cheesy Lawyer story set in south FL. Easy and fun.
David Owens
Frank Tutone
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read between longer more serious books!
Linda
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the characters and they have interesting cases. The narrator of this audio book was excellent.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Garden of the Damned (Dead Cold Mystery, #3)
  • Two Bare Arms (Dead Cold Mystery, #2)
  • The Dreamer (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery #11)
  • The Sins of the Father (Dead Cold Mystery, #5)
  • Strange and Sinister Path (Dead Cold Mystery #6)
  • Judgment Day (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #6)
  • The Bitter Fields (Marty Singer Mystery, #7)
  • Let Us Prey (Dead Cold Mystery, #4)
  • Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3)
  • An Ace and A Pair (Dead Cold Mystery #1)
  • The Heart to Kill (Dead Cold Mystery #7)
  • Once Was Lost (A Marty Singer Mystery)
  • The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5)
  • Blueblood
  • Perfect Alibi (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez #7)
  • The Wicked Flee (Marty Singer Mystery #5)
  • A Reason to Live (Marty Singer #1)
  • Hot Shot (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery #10)
NEW: Jake Lassiter tackles the college admissions scandal in CHEATER'S GAME, Paul Levine's latest legal thriller.

"Clever, funny and seriously on point when it comes to the inequities of society and the justice system, CHEATER'S GAME is top-notch stuff from Paul Levine. His Jake Lassiter is my kind of lawyer!" - Michael Connelly

CHEATER'S GAME is a stand-alone entry in the Jake Lassiter series.

Solomon vs. Lord (4 books)
  • Solomon vs. Lord (Solomon vs. Lord, #1)
  • Kill All the Lawyers
  • Habeas Porpoise (Solomon vs. Lord #4)

News & Interviews

“Solomon's Laws:
8. If a guy who's smart, handsome, and rich invites you and your girlfriend to a nudist club...chances are he's got a giant shmeckel.”
7 likes
“The people we've known the longest are often the people we know the least.” 2 likes