Start by marking “Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide (Pottermore Presents, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide (Pottermore Presents, #3)

Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide

(Pottermore Presents #3)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  27,617 ratings  ·  1,953 reviews
‘The Ministry of Magic felt strongly, however, that to construct an additional wizarding station in the middle of London would stretch even the Muggles’ notorious determination not to notice magic when it was exploding in front of their faces.’ – J.K. Rowling

Published September 6th 2016 by Pottermore Limited

·  27,617 ratings  ·  1,953 reviews

Start your review of Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide (Pottermore Presents, #3)
Jayson
(B) 75% | More than Satisfactory
Notes: A kind of Lonely Planet Hogwarts, in depth and feel, with bits on transport, locals, lodgings, sights and historical facts.
Mohammed Arabey
Hogwarts has been, and Will Forever be...my Home..

Lived there with my best friends..

And know every corner there as the back of my hand.

AND you can't imagine how much I'm so exciting to read this Guide by The Queen of Magic herself..

“An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide” is an intriguing title. Are they implying the book will be updated with more information? And why is it unreliable? Who wrote it — Rita Skeeter?

This is one of three of new series of eBooks from J.K. Rowling and Pottermore will off
Alejandro
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I solemnly swear that I am up to read this!

This is the third and final ebook (in a series of three, so far) collecting short stories written by J.K. Rowling for the Pottermore website.

In this third book, you’ll get nineteen short stories focused in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the most famous school in Britain’s literature!

Take your ticket for this exclusive tour where you’ll be able to access areas where even Harry Potter, himself, couldn’t go in the original seven books!

You’
Ahmad Sharabiani
Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide (Pottermore Presents, #3), J.K. Rowling

Pottermore Presents is a collection of J.K. Rowling’s writing: short reads originally featured on pottermore.com. These eBooks, with writing curated by Potte
Maryam Rz.
5 STARS!
And so I was dead, but my faithful old head
It never saw fit to desert me,
It still lingers on, that’s the end of my song,
And now, please applaud, or you’ll hurt me.
A behind the scenes of the secrets and making of Harry Potter! To the casual observer who's not a Harry Potter fan, this'll probably be pointless—but it's in truth a visit to the mind of J.K. Rowling and the history of her magical world that I relished the taste of!
It’s not a guided tour, nor is it entirely complete, but yo
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Probably (and sadly!) the closest thing I will get to read to "Hogwarts: A History". ...more
Sushi
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Hogwarts is teeming with secrets.

This one was the best one out of the three, with each chapter leading seamlessly to the next touring most of Hogwarts and its' little secrets in one go. Though most of the information presented is stuff that we already came across in the books, I felt that the explanations given were new and original. The beheading of nearly headless Nick and the story behind it was fun to read about, along with the Mirror of Erised and the Sorting Hat.
the burning dreamer.
Aug 18, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy-la-la-la
One can simply never get enough of the Harry Potter universe. ACCIO!
Bradley
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2016-shelf
This focused not so much characters as settings and magical plot devices.

Such as the time-turner! I was most interested in that bit.

But beyond that, I really got into the Hufflepuff Common Room and the train station. :)

Again, these shorts don't have much to do with actual *story-telling*. Just background info. Good for what it is.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
I'll be honest and say that this really wasn't worth the money. There was hardly any new information and it was just a regurgitation of things we already know about like the chamber of secrets and the marauders map. I was expecting a bunch of new information about secret rooms and passageways, but the majority of it wasn't even based on Hogwarts as a location - it was all about objects and artefacts that are in the books like the philosopher's stone and the sword of Godric Gryffindor. Such a dis ...more
Henk
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-e-books
A lovely small guide to Hogwarts, capturing the magic of the Wizarding World and childhood reading - 3.5 stars
Of the Pottermore presents series I think I like this installment best.

The first literary book I vividly remember reading for myself was when I was around 15. It was Specimen Days of Michael Cunningham, I bought it in a sale I went to with my dad (quite rare, since books in Dutch have a fixed price) when a bookstore closed down.

Before that time I was a voracious reader but more of immers
Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)
Waiting for Hogwarts letter never been that hard...

description

I liked all curiuos short stories about Howgarst, its secrets and people. A few said that it might be not worth the money - I might agree, since it's very short and you keep wanting more, but the illustrations are beautifl, J.K.Rowling's writting is flowing, there were many things I (a die hard fan) didn't know. A very enjoyable read.
Archit
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series made my day!

How did I not discover it before?
A must check-out for Potterheads!
Pooja
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-novels
Perfect 5 Stars to Harry Potter! This incomplete and unreliable guide guides you way more about wizardry than anything else.
Trish
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This last of the three short story collections focuses on the locations of Hogwarts itself and all the places that entails. Thus, we get the following six chapters:

1) The Journey to Hogwarts (King's Cross Station, Platform 9 3/4, The Hogwarts Express)
2) The Sorting (The Sorting Hat, Hatstall)
3) The Castle and Grounds (Hufflepuff Common Room, Marauder's Map, The Great Lake)
4) Lessons at Hogwarts (School Subjects, Time-Turner)
5) Castle Residents (Hogwarts Ghosts, Ghosts, The Ballad of Nearly Headl
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Jo, Jo, Jo. Just write the real book already. A thousand pages, hardback, bound in leather, sell it for $100. We'll buy it, okay? ...more
mwana
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is with profound sadness that I observe the almost tenth anniversary (actual one is July 21st) of the final publication of one of the greatest book series ever written.

description

Harry Potter (1-7) existed from 1997 to 2007. A decade ago, a series that was both fascinatingly engaging and impossibly perfect, came to a gut wrenching conclusion when the author decided to end all conflict with a great war and an epilogue a fully grown teenager's lifetime later.

The series will be remembered for its faultles
Christine Spoors
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
I'm really glad I decided to read these three short Pottermore books. A very eye-opening a collection of notes and short stories from JK Rowling about Hogwarts and the Wizarding World. It's so interesting to learn what inspired her.

This book begins with the journey to Hogwarts and goes right up to explaining its hidden secrets like the Chamber of Secrets. I've loved learning more about this world and I hope they bring out some more short books in the future!
Warda
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Having read these stories now, personally for me, they didn't really add anything valuable or distinctive. Yes, some new information was revealed about the characters and some of the well-known places at Hogwarts, but I didn't feel like I'd be missing out had I never read these.

Meh. Slightly pointless.
Tudor Vlad
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
And… the last one! I didn’t like this one as much as the first two, it was more of a refresher, going into the history and origin of objects and places we’re already familiar with (time-turners, Marauder’s Map, Sorting Hat etc). There were still bits and pieces of new information, enough to make me happy. I want more. :(
lauren ♡
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This has just made me wish even more than I already did that we could actually read Hogwarts: A History. The time-turner section has made me even more confused about the time travelling events in The Cursed Child too.
Ronak Gajjar
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2018
Definitely Incomplete!
I have got a complaint – It is too short!
The chronicle hierarchical order to understand the Hogwarts in the best way possible along with conscious sub-conscious thought process of JKR is literally astounding!
Divided into six total chapters this one entangles a lot of basic and hideous information along. It has very few things which might surprise you at some level generally the history of particular being or ceremony or secrets such as the pensieve. The most time it will k
Veronique
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stars-4-0, r2016
Third Pottermore ebook, and final one at this time, which focuses on Hogwarts and has the following chapters:
* Journey to Hogwarts
* The Sorting
* The Castle and Grounds
* Lessons at Hogwarts
* Castle Residents
* Secrets of the Castle

These were great but leave you wanting forever more!!!! I'll keep these tidbits of information while doing my re-read of the whole series ;0)
DJ
Harry Potter are-Read June 2018: The Extras!

Featuring short ‘stories’ about characters or things from the wizarding world, which give you their backgrounds and history and just generally some more information. Very interesting! This one features 20:
King’s Cross Station
The Ballad of Nearly-Headless Nick
Hogwarts Portraits
Sir Cad
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Perfect length for a cuppa.
Ms. Smartarse
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a review of all three "Pottermore Presents" booklets.

As trivial as it is to make a fan's day, you can just as easily break said fan's heart if you take his/her attachment for granted. You wouldn't believe how much I blame J.K. Rowling for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, despite knowing that she didn't even write the darned book. Speaking of writing: if I never again read/hear/see about anyone being discombobulated, it will be too soon!

Still, this review is not a rant about the evils
Asha
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a short but informative read on the Harry Potter universe. I know Rowling's writings have been out on Pottermore for a while but I never wanted to read them on my computer. However, put them into a nice little e-book format and you can have my $2. You get to learn little odds and ends about Hogwarts/Potterverse, like how Platform 9 and 3/4 came to be, why students take the Hogwarts Express, who Sir Cadogan is, and a little more about the House ghosts. My only regret is that we are not p ...more
Himanshu Karmacharya
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Doesn't offer a lot of new things, neither reveals many new secrets, but HP fans may still find it mildly interesting. ...more
Ryan Buckby
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hogwarts is teeming with secrets it seems from Harry's explorations that every locked door and empty classroom conceals a rare magical object or fearsome monster of some kind.

Hogwarts is the school i wished i went to and always dreamed of because it just fills me with the need to learn magic and gain more knowledge. Learning brand new information that i never knew about Hogwarts and some things that i already knew about the school and it's history.

I loved the process that Jk Rowling went
All About Fantasy!: Hogwarts Houses - Who rules the roost? 3 5 Aug 15, 2019 08:20AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please help fix these book covers 1 28 Dec 19, 2016 12:00PM

• Harry Potter: A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #1)
  • Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Potions and Herbology (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #2)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Care of Magical Creatures (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #4)
  • Harry Potter - The Magical Book of Facts: Over 250 facts you probably didn't know!
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library)
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Divination and Astronomy (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #3)
  • 636 Harry Potter Spells, Facts And Trivia - The Ultimate Wizard Training Guide For Magic (Unofficial Guide Book 4)
  • HARRY POTTER AND THE SECRET OF CHARACTERS
  • Unofficial Random Facts about Harry Potter
  • La guía secreta de Harry Potter
  • Harry Potter Facts for Muggles: Dark Secrets From the Wizarding World (Wizard Training Handbook (Unofficial) 2)
  • Random Facts about Harry Potter: (500 Random facts, Spells, Charms and Potions for Potter Fans)
  • Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
  • Harry Potter: A History of Magic
  • Random Harry Potter Facts You Probably Don't Know: 154 Fun Facts and Secret Trivia
  • Snape: A Definitive Reading