Start by marking “Wildfire (Fire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wildfire (Fire, #3)

Wildfire

(Fire #3)

Her power-hungry husband takes pleasure in her pain, but she’s done playing the victim.

Three years ago, ex-operative Sophie Jordan made the mistake of falling in love—and marrying—her target. Now she’s paying for it tenfold. Her husband might be one of the sexiest men alive, but he’s also a psychopath. She’s been a virtual prisoner, and the time has come for retribution—

Published February 14th 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Wildfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildfire

Start your review of Wildfire (Fire, #3)
Alex is The Romance Fox
Wild Fire is the 3rd book in Ann Stuart's Fire Series (which is a spin-off from her Ice Series)

To be honest, this series has been a bit of a letdown - the Ice was such an amazing series and I was expecting the spin-off to be just as good.....but it isn't.

The story revolves around a young Committee (that very secret spy company!!!) who goes rogue on her first mission....yes, the poor girl falls in love with the bad guy, who she was suppose to kill off but instead marries him. She should have
Duchess Nicole
So the gist of this third book in the Fire series is a sort of damsel in distress scenario. Only the damsel used to be a Committee member, and she screwed them over by falling in love with her mark. Naturally, this makes Malcolm, the newest Committee member sent to take care of the problem, a little suspicious of her. The catch? Sophie's husband also found out about her affiliations, and had her shot. Only the shot didn't kill her. It only paralyzed her. Now Sophie is wounded, pissed, and ...more
Linda Strong
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sophie's first mistake was falling in love and marrying the man she was targeting. That was 3 years ago. Two years ago, he hired someone to kill her. The bullet close to the spine left her paralyzed .. at least that is what her husband thinks.

She's spent a lot of time learning to first move her legs, then walk. Considering she's been a prisoner in a wheelchair in her room, that's been quite remarkable, especially as there are cameras and recorders in her bedroom. Her husband is a psychopath and
Jay Crownover
Feb 18, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017
are all this time and all these books the Committee is STILL the best group of antiheroes and badasses in romantic suspense. the bestest
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3.5 Anti-Hero Stars!

Sophie is a prisoner on her husband's private island. She’s an ex-operative for the Committee, and made the mistake of falling in love with her target Archer and marrying him. Archer eventually found out about her ties to “The Committee”, and had her shot, but, the shot didn't kill her, only paralyzed her. Now Sophie is confined to a wheelchair, angry, and want’s revenge all the while being subjected to Archer’s physical abuse, emotional abuse, and mind games.

photo PicsArt_1487126147774_zpsvzhqfob3.jpg

The
-ya
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Okay, this book kind of disappoints me. I expect Ms Stuart would deliver a fast-paced action, suspense and a classic Stuart’s hero character, which often make up for any shortcomings in the romance or annoying heroine. Instead, the story just gets stuck in a cycle of repetitive internal dialogues. On the positive note, some fun exchanges between H, h, and Peter ( from Ice #2) lighten up the last few pages quite a bit.

~arc provided by Netgalley

RachelW (BamaGal)
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The queen of 'Kiss or Kill' Romantic Suspense...

Sophie Jordan had been a former CIA agent who joined ‘The Committee’ as an operative. She was well-trained, beautiful…and on her very first op made the mistake of falling in love and marrying Archer, her mark. Learning too late what a psychotically evil man he really was, she has been trapped for the last three years as a crippled captive on his island fortress.

Deep undercover Committee agent Malcolm Gunnison has come to the island in a covert
♥Sharon♥
3.5 Liked it but did Love it stars.

This is another book for my ‘liked it but didn’t love it” shelf.

This is only my 3rd book by Anne Stewart. Actually the only books I have read by her are those in this series. I LOVED book #1 Consumed by Fire. For me in that one the H and h worked perfectly. Their relationship was volatile and intense yet they couldn’t get enough of each other.

In this one, it took longer for me to accept Sophie and Malcolm as a couple. Having hot sex is one thing, which these
Caz
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've given this a B- at AAR, so that's 3.5 stars rounded up.

Any long-time romance reader probably has a favourite type of hero. Protective alphas, arrogant arseholes, smooth spies and men of action… and then there are Anne Stuart heroes, who, as anyone familiar with her work will know, are a mixture of all the above with the aresholery often dialled up to the max. But you know what? They’re my blind spot. They’re so full of testosterone, over-the-top masculine and fiercely protective of their
Anita
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

I love a good anti-hero and Anne Stuart can write the very best. Her secret agents are right up there with the very suave, very deadly James Bond, except here we get the bonus of a watching a stone cold killer fall for his true love and a HEA. Sadly, this book lives in its' own head for way to much of the story. The characters spend way to much time rehashing and thinking and
Caz
I've given this a B for narration and B- for content at AudioGals.

Wildfire
is the third in Anne Stuart’s current Fire series of romantic suspense novels which have kind of picked up where the Ice series left off and in which The Committee – the super-secret agency which acts to wipe out the bad guys and keep the world safe by any means necessary – is now working out of its new branch in the US.

Sophie Jordan, former CIA and State Department operative, joined the Committee a few years
Ezinwanyi

This book was so disappointing. It looked like it would be good since books 1& 2 were really good but this one fell super flat.
Sophie was a Committee operative tasked with taking out insane billionaire business man Archer but she fell in love him instead and refused to kill. Archer repairs her devotion by marrying her first and then having his henchmen shot her in the back causing paralysis in Sophia lower extremities.
The Committee abandoned Sophia for her betrayal and for the next two
Karen
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

I enjoyed it, but I didn't really care for the storyline as much as the first two books in the series. I like Anne Stuart's characters, but I find she repeats herself a bit. And she also has a tendency to slip into the highly unfeasible a bit too often. But she sure writes great sex scenes. And her sexy as fuck male heroes will always keep me coming back. I'm sure I'll be right at the front of the line picking up the next book in the series.
D.B. Reynolds
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars -- This one's a little slow, but it leads to a very satisfying ending. It's also worth noting that Malcolm Gunnison isn't Stuart's typical alpha hero. He's not quite as assholey as the rest of them. :)
MBR
Wildfire is the 3rd book in the explosive Fire series, a spin-off from the delectable Ice series by Anne Stuart. Readable as a standalone, Wildfire tells the story of the Committee operative Sophie Jordan MacDonald who had made the blunder of falling for the charm that her target had exuded in spades, and marrying the monster with whom she had suffered for the past 3 years. Knowing that no one from her former life as an operative would be coming to rescue her as she had bungled up the mission in ...more
Vellum Voyages
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 helms

Please follow me on my blog :) Review originally posted on Vellum Voyages (www.vellumvoyages.com)

Does anyone want to READ an action movie?! I felt like I was dropped into some sort of James Bond/Mission Impossible style action-packed suspense, with a whole LOT of sexual tension! Fast paced reading most of the time and WOW Anne Stuart writes her villains very well. Archer is such a f#cktard!

Ex-Committee operative Sophie Jordan MacDonald botches up her first mission of killing Archer
Rose Blue
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: http://wp.me/p3QRh4-uK

The Committee is a nebulous organization which exists to fight the wrongs and evils of the world, but whose methods are ruthless, and sometimes leave collateral damage. Sophie Jordan was in training to become an agent when she was sent on her first assignment. Her team's mission was to kill Archer MacDonald, who is a wealthy arms dealer, among other crimes. Unfortunately, the inexperienced Sophie fell in love with him, and she ended up
Kimberly
6/1/17 - $1.99 on Kindle
Laylah
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well. What can I say? I never thought Anne Stuart's strong suit is her plot, but this book takes pointlessness to a whole new level. Not only you have to suspend your disbelief, but also your logic, common sense. You have to be mindless to be able to go through this book without saying whah? We have pages and pages of characters' internalization. They think one thing, then contradict themselves, and then repeat the process. One annoying thing about this author's books is the telegraphing. If a ...more
‘Sup?
Jan 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF

I tried. I honestly did: I gave WILDFIRE fifteen full chapters (over two-thirds of the way) and six days of my life and just could not get into me. I didn’t enjoy the characters-- the hero and heroine were one-dimensional and not emotionally engaging, the villain was so over-the-top one constantly needed to suspend his/her disbelief. The plot--was there even really one?--was plodding at best. The writing was mediocre and full of tell, not show (I’m not sure I can handle another inner
Alisa
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the third book in this series and is a branch off of this author's Ice series. I admit I haven't read the first two in this one but I loved the Ice series. This author does a great job in the romantic suspense genre.

In this one, new operative Sophie is sent on a mission, and instead of killing her target she falls in love with him & marrying him. Now this is some seriously bad decision making on her part cuz her hubby is a psycho. Fortunately for her another operative, Malcolm is
Ctrl, Alt Books!
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I happened upon this book on Netgalley. Reading the synopsis, I figured I’d give it a try and see if it was a good read or not. I’m so glad I read this book because I discovered my love for suspense romance! It was suspenseful and thrilling, while still being sexy as hell.

The pages kept turning as I breezed through this. The story drawing me in from the first page. The whole will they-won’t they, kept me reading. I had to know how this story was going to pan out. Next thing I know it’s over and
Jacquie
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The latest in Anne Stuart’s much-loved Committee series brings us the story of cynical, sexy, undercover agent Malcolm Gunnison and cast-out operative Sophie Jordan.

Sophie made the error of falling for the wrong man and she’s been paying for it ever since.

Malcolm doesn’t give a shit about anything or anyone, but can’t help feeling a touch of sympathy for the crippled wife of the man he’s been assigned to destroy.

These two clash on many levels, but have a common goal- stop Sophie’s psychopathic
Lorna
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
(PureTextuality.com)Anne Stuart has always been the master of dark romantic suspense to me, and I have been reading her books for as far back as I can remember. Edge of your seat suspense combined with sensual romance are her calling cards. And while the last book in this series wasn’t a favorite(a first for me with one of her books)this book made it’s way back up to being probably the best of the series yet for me.

Sophie Jordan is virtually a prisoner in her own home after suffering a bullet
JG
Wildfire is the next novel set in Anne Stuart's popular world of The Committee, a group that can be considered working for the good guys but are really bordering on the dark edges of grey. Here we meet Sophie Jordan, a former Committee operative who unfortunately fell in love with her target and for the last three years has paid for it dearly. Malcolm Gunnison is another operative sent to finish what Sophie Jordan was supposed to have done, that is to kill her husband. She happens to be optional ...more
Evalyne
Anne stuart knows her stuff when it comes to anti-heroes and she didnt let us down here.
the storyline was amazing and the sex was hot enough. i only wish it had more depth to it....it was too straight forward for me.
Avid Reader
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wildfire (Fire #3) by Anne Stuart
M/F Romance
Triggers: Abuse, murder, attempted murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Archer is just mean. There are no redeeming qualities, nothing good about him. He is narcissistic, dangerous and heartless. He kept Sophie simply to play with her - she was a toy that he got to torture.

Malcom is intriguing. He's heartless, until he isn't. He's cold until he's not. He is a strange mixture of both good and bad and when he has to decide
Illustrious Illusions
It lacked a bit of depth. I enjoyed the story, but didn't love the characters. It felt repetitive in some spots and just wanting to see what happened kept me skimming through.

Not a bad read, but not an out of this world one for me either.
Hannah
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW TO COME
Layna
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on Ctrl, Alt, Books!

« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dreaming of You
  • Her Counterfeit Husband
  • Cold Malice (Cold Justice, #8)
  • The Kestrel (Westmark, #2)
  • Westmark (Westmark, #1)
  • Love Thy Enemy (Red Stone Security #13)
  • My Champion (Knights of de Ware, #1)
  • The Masquerade (deWarenne Dynasty, #5)
  • Wild Fury (FURY Security #1)
  • The Bride's Secret: The Pregnancy Shock / A Stormy Greek Marriage
  • Remembrance
  • The Duchess (Montgomery/Taggert, #16)
  • Forever... (Forever, #1)
  • The Raider (Montgomery/Taggert, #9)
  • Dangerous Games (Dangerous Beauty, #3)
  • The Greek's Christmas Bride (Christmas with a Tycoon #2)
  • Filthy Beautiful Lies: The Complete Series (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #1-4)
  • Billionaire Brides: Four sexy cinderella romances
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic

Fire (3 books)
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)