Start by marking “Leave It to Chance” as Want to Read:
Leave It to Chance

Leave It to Chance

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  272 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Single mom of three, Sierra Montgomery is desperate to find a new job to keep from having to move back home and be smothered to death by her mother's good intentions and overbearing love. So when Sierra inherits Chance, a quirky old gelding she doesn't have a clue what to do with, she thinks her best bet may be to sell the horse to cover another month's rent-a decision tha ...more
Published May 1st 2008 by David C. Cook (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Leave It to Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leave It to Chance

Lisa
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I was expecting not to like this book very much. I'm an atheist, and while pretty easy-going about religious themes in general, I don't particularly enjoy novels that incorporate religion in a shove-it-down-your-throat manner and I thought this might be one of those. This book didn't do that at all - the religious themes and journeys were IMO clearly connected to and crucial to the growth and development of the main character and to the understanding of other characters and their opini ...more
Crystal
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
great novel fast-paced but an easy read. It is a novel about choices, forgiveness, letting go(of fear, pain, bitterness and pride, just to name a few) and letting god take the reins.
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
LEAVE IT TO CHANCE is a delightful read. Though it follows a typical formula: a boy, a girl, and a horse, Sands does well in updating the formula with the modern day trails of a messy divorce, a rebellious teen, and a frazzled single mom.

Sierra Montgomery is doing her best to make ends meet after losing her job and having her child support checks bounce. Then, out of nowhere, she inherits a horse, an animal she is deathly afraid of. Knowing she has no intentions of keeping the horse, she runs a
Alyssa
Life hasn't been that good as of late to Sierra Montgomery. She is struggling to find a job and pay the bills while taking care of her kids. It doesn't help that her ex-husband is not doing his share of watching the kids or even paying formchild support. To top it off, she inherits a horse--and she is terrified of horses because of a childhood incident.
It would have been all right except that, once again, the story jumped around in too many heads, without changing much in terms of patterns of sp
Rachelle Sperling
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Leave it to Chance was a quick read. I enjoyed the characters, even if the story was a little bit predictable. The thing I liked best was the aspect of learning to trust God and live in relationship to him (not just following a religious set of rules) even though he isn't a safe God. (Of course, for the sake of the story - all was well and ended well)

See my profile for my star rating system.
Rachel
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only Cute

Only Cute

So when I'm reading an adult novel, whether it be Christian or not, I expect it to be more than cute. Although it was a touching story with a happy ending, I think the writer played it too safe. There was no depth to the characters and it was predictable from the beginning. I'm going to stick to my crime novels.
Pat Christie
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

A story about a mother with 3 kids, an ex and a lot of fear. She needs a job, has to move home with Mom and has to deal with a gift of a horse. But the horse leads to healing and love!
Della Raines
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is so hard to be sure that a relationship is what you think it is

The characters in this story were really characters. There were checks and balances in each relationship. The power of prayer and each personality made for an excellent and believable theme.
Kristina
Feb 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I had seen this book advertised on the MOPS online newsletter and thought I'd give it a try. It was a great read and a wonderful feel-good love story. I have been looking for more books by this author, but this appears to be the only one thus far...
Janie Buckley
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was not next on my list or even on my radar but I happened to meet the author last week and this book became next on my list. I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to telling more of my friends about it. I look forward to hearing more from this author in the future. :-)
  • A Beautiful Fall
  • Surrendered Hearts (Vermont Blessings #2)
  • Ransomed Dreams (Side Roads #1)
  • Reinventing Rachel
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • Snow Fence Road
  • Angela's Song
  • Sons of Thunder (Brothers in Arms Collection)
  • The Homecoming
  • Loving Liza Jane (Little Hickman Creek #1)
  • The Road to Mercy
  • False Pretenses (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #1)
  • Highland Sanctuary (Highlands #2)
  • The Pastor's Wife
  • The Glory of Green (Green #3)
  • Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2)
  • Here We Come (Aggie's Inheritance, #3)
  • Candy Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #4)
Sherri Sand is an author and speaker. She has a love for all things chocolate and enjoys running and hiking to elude the calorie consumption. She has been married to a fabulous guy for over twenty years and has four amazing children. She graduated cum laude from the University of Oregon and resides in beautiful northeastern Oregon.
More about Sherri Sand...