Start by marking “The Listening Leader: Creating the Conditions for Equitable School Transformation” as Want to Read:

LISTENING . . . THE KEY TO BECOMING A TRANSFORMATIVE SCHOOL LEADER

The Listening Leader is a practical guide that will inspire school, district, and teacher leaders to make substantive change and increase equitable student outcomes. Rooted in the values of equity, relationships, and listening, this luminous book helps reimagine what is possible in education today. Drawing f
Published April 10th 2017 by Jossey-Bass

To ask other readers questions about The Listening Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Listening Leader

Start your review of The Listening Leader: Creating the Conditions for Equitable School Transformation
Callum Wilson
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book for many purposes. Probably it's most useful utility is it's scope to improve leadership and/or interpersonal interactions. It was of great use in conjunction with a postgraduate course i was doing as part of a MEd.

Additionally, the book will also improve social communication and empathetic skills that can be used much more widely than just professionally.

Safir is generous in the resources that come with this book and that are available on her website.

4 stars and highly re
Sarah Eibot Bella
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. This book was a recommendation to me as I am working hard to become a leader and manage my own team. Great perspective and took great notes on what a leader truly is.
Rod J Naquin
May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Really found this useful. Insights into discourse at school and district level, and practical site level and otherwise leadership advice. I like the end w specific guidance for collaborative meeting facilitation
Kim
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is transformational for school leaders. One of the best I’ve read since my principal training. Don’t read the Kindle version, however, because the tables and appendices are impossible to read.
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a game changer in so many ways. Whether you’re an educator or not, it has equity building strategies that can be used across life. Even though I have finished the book, I can already tell that it will be in my life canon.
Carrie Froese
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Must read book for school leaders. An inspirational book that provides practical steps for establishing a way of being to allow for implementation of change in a thoughtful way..
Kramer Gibson
Rita Shaffer
Jul 13, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »
VPA "The Listenin...: Part 1 - Awareness (reflection) 6 7 Jan 05, 2020 03:53PM

• Leadership for a Better World: Understanding the Social Change Model of Leadership Development
  • This Tender Land
  • Inside Out
  • Yes Day!
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents
  • What's Mine and Yours
  • The Girl Least Likely
  • Savage Row
  • A Killer's Wife (Desert Plains, #1)
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • The Day She Died