Start by marking “House Rules” as Want to Read:
House Rules

House Rules (Traded #2)

I stuck my dick in a different woman every night.

They lined up, pawing at me. All of them wanting to be part of the bad boy prestige that was Miller Hawes.

Then they flipped the river…

And she was mine. Sexy, compelling and the first woman who didn’t fall at my feet. Why can’t I get her out of my head?

I need to focus on taking over the family business. Except all my attentio
Published (first published October 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about House Rules, please sign up.

Leonor
Nov 13, 2016 Leonor rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, stupid-heroine
Since I read this more than 40% I'm going to rate it.
(view spoiler)
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

*I participated in the publication of this book as a beta reader*

Miller has been working for years to prove to his father that he can handle the family business. Opening his two clubs was part of that. While playing in a poker game at one of his clubs, one of the players comes up short on a hand he thinks he can't lose with, so he bets a night with his girlfriend to make up the difference. He didn't expect to lose, but now Miller has a night with Theresa. Theresa isn't happy, but after watching
Paula  Phillips
Nov 09, 2016 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing
When I first saw the cover for this book, I was in two minds as I wasn't really in the mood to read a Mafia type book. As I got reading the book, it became apparent that it wasn't going to be like that as we’re introduced to our usual suspect of a playboy. One who has money and likes to sleep with women has a parade of them just wanting to get a night with Miller Hawes. He has the view of never wanting to settle down as who has time for relationships and apparently he is not the type of guy who ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 20, 2016 Red Cheeks Reads rated it it was amazing
I love Rebecca Brooke's books and I can honestly say that this series is some of her best work. House Rules is the follow up stand alone to Traded and focuses on Miller, brother to Ashton from Traded. Miller is not a good guy. Knee deep in helping run a criminal empire he has no regrets when it comes to getting involved in the family business or the fact that uses and disposes of women. That is until he wins the beautiful and intriguing Tess in a poker game. She is feisty and strong and everythi ...more
Neringa Neringiukas
Oct 17, 2016 Neringa Neringiukas rated it really liked it
I loved Traded, so I was really happy when I find out there will be more of Hawes family. I can reaffirm, that I fall for this family even more. Yes, they deal in gray area, but they still have morals. You may snort at that and think this is a joke, because they have their fingers in all illegal stuff and have morals? But it's the true. They have lines, rules they will never cross. Hawes have more heart, then the person who portraits himself as good, law-abiding citizen, but will turn his back w ...more
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Jul 14, 2017 Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~ rated it it was amazing
I didn’t even realize that Miller was getting his own story! So imagine my excitement when I found out that Rebecca Brooke did give him his story with HOUSE RULES! Eek! I wouldn’t even say that I have a favorite between the two brothers – but Miller is definitely much more intense than Ashton, that’s for sure. Whew!

The Hawes brothers seem to follow the fashion to win their one woman – either by her being traded for a debt or, as in Miller’s case, by winning her in a poker game. What the hell? Ye
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Rebecca Brooke is back and hotter than ever! Traded was amazing. The writing was brilliant and the storyline was original and intense.... a little dark, angsty and suspenseful... yeah I was hooked from the start but House Rules took her writing to a whole new level. I was intrigued from the very start and couldn't put this book down until the pages quit turning.

Miller is here and about to get the deal of a lifetime. He is a bad man... mayhem, corruption, lies, secrets, and danger surroun
Lisa Gerkey
May 08, 2017 Lisa Gerkey rated it really liked it
Miller wins a night with Tess during a poker game when her boyfriend doesn’t have the money to cover his losses. Miller isn’t looking for a relationship. It’s the last thing he wants, but after the night spent with Tess he can’t seem to get her out of his head. Miller lives a much different life from what Tess is used to. Tess is a good girl who’s going to school to become a nurse. The two seemed like an unlikely pair in the beginning, but the chemistry between them was undeniable.
Miller does h
Reckless Readers
Nov 05, 2016 Reckless Readers rated it it was amazing
Is it bad that I like this book better than the first one? There is just something about Miller that draws you in and hold you captive. He is so much more swoon worthy. I loved Ashton, don't get me wrong he was a good alpha male but he is too soft. Miller is balls to the wall, don't mess with me, I get whatever I want attitude. He takes charge and it's sooooo hot! He sucks at relationships though. It is kind of cute to watch how many times he can mess up by demanding things from Tess. She is lik ...more
Sinfunni
Jun 14, 2017 Sinfunni rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not enough

The foundation of this relationship is sexual chemistry; but, the hot and steamy lasted a minute. The first encounter wasn't worthy of the hype; yet, hero and heroine couldn't stop thinking and dreaming of one another. No other woman would do. For me to believe it there would have to be much more to it.
Kathy
Mar 18, 2017 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!
Casey
Nov 06, 2016 Casey rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I was so excited when I found out that Rebecca Brooke was writing a book about Miller Hawes! Miller is Ashton's brother for those that have read her book Traded. While you do not need to have read Traded to understand this book as it is a standalone story, I highly recommend it as it is connected to this book and one that I absolutely loved! This world and family is one that I have come to love, and Rebecca Brooke delivered another fantastic
Just Let Me Read- Sammy
Oct 18, 2016 Just Let Me Read- Sammy rated it really liked it
Set in the world of illegal gambling, House Rules by Rebecca Brooke was a sexy and emotional story about two people thrown together by unusual circumstances, leading to an unexpected romance. Miller and Tess were two people from different worlds, who came together when Tess's douchebag boyfriend bet her in a card game. What followed was a passionate and tumultuous journey that neither of them anticipated.

I loved Miller in Traded, and was excited to see what his story would bring. He seemed to ha
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Oct 29, 2016 Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

I knew Miller was going to be great after Reading Ashton’s book. He was always giving his brother a hard time. I knew it was only a matter of time before the tables would be turned. Miller was about to have his life shaken up when he finally meet his match and boy was Tess definitely that.
Miller was a playboy that could have whatever woman he wanted and had a different one every night. His dad was going to turn the family business over to him
Cheryl O'Harney
Oct 24, 2016 Cheryl O'Harney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miller Hawes exudes power and strength wherever he goes infact his whole family is about power even if most of what they do is illegal, his businesses are his babies between running them and preparing to takeover his father's position at the car dealership he's a busy man but that doesn't stop his manwhore ways he has a different woman every night he doesn't do relationships and never lets a woman stay over but things change when one card game has different end results than any other he's played ...more
Tessa
Oct 21, 2016 Tessa rated it it was amazing
I honestly didn't realize this was Miller's story from Traded and I wanted to know his story so bad! I was completely surprised and couldn't stop reading about Miller and Tess.

Miller is exactly who I thought he was, a womanizer who has no desire to settle down, ever. He likes his lifestyle and with his career he has no choice but to accept the fact that he is his only happily ever after since being burned by a woman in the past.

Theresa aka Tess is done with her ex after the stunt he just pulle
The Book Fairy Reviews
Nov 04, 2016 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
Ambition, power and the family business are what Miller is all about, that and proving to his father that he can handle it all when the time comes. A wife, girlfriend or relationship are not in the cards for him, though his mother and his brother's girlfriend seem to think that the right one has yet to fall in his lap. Then it happens...Tess.
Tess is not one to belong or to give her trust easily. Independent and proud of living life on her own terms, until her boyfriend gives her up for one night
Kendra Needs
Oct 20, 2016 Kendra Needs rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book this was to read, I loved book one with Ashton, but I think his brother Miller has stolen my love away.

This book is all about a poker game gone wrong (or right depending on how you look at the situation), Miller wins a night with Theresa (slime ball Ray offered his girlfriend up as ante when he was short on cash and Miller wins the hand and the girl), but what starts out as a friendly dinner to claim his winnings soon has Millers boxers all in a knot and wanting and feeling
Suzanne
Nov 04, 2016 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Oh I thought Ashton and Elena's story was a rollercoaster! Miller and Tess are just as bad! I love the concept of this story! Miller is tough as nails but all it took was one look at Tess and he was on his knees. Even though he refused to admit it!! I love Tess's strong will and her independance. The banter between both Miller and Tess is amazing as well as their chemistry. Sizzling to say the least!! The whole back story to this one had me floored and I found myself really wanting more.
Overall
Heather Pollock
Nov 06, 2016 Heather Pollock rated it it was amazing
@RebeccaBrooke6 #Review #Recommendation #Excerpt #BlogTour

QueenZany 4.5 STAR REVIEW
House Rules
Rebecca Brooke

“House Rules” is a dazzling display of fire and ice!
When two strong, pigheaded souls meet.
They form a battle of the wills. With the pull and tug. One can image the death glares. The f bombs, the snarky banter, feistiness and that intoxicating heart!
With one spark! Nature take its course. It sets off a chemical reaction, a bond, which pulses in your veins. Only to bring a you back to life
Jean
Jan 22, 2017 Jean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Mistakes...

Elena, the female lead, is in a bad marriage, until one day events take a quick odd turn.

I didn't like Elena that much, she was really passive around her husband but she acted a

complete opposite with Ashton.

This story is about mistakes, a new start, and is an overall interesting but could have been

slightly different.

Honey Scarlett and Leeroy Will did well with the narration.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiase
She Hearts Books
After reading Ashton and Elena's story in Traded, I couldn't wait to read more about his brother in this book. Miller was brash and ballsy when we first meet him at a poker game. He didn't let any women into his life for more than the physical. All that changed when he won Tess for a night. She completely rocked his world. I loved that Tess was strong and sassy and such a good match for him. They were off the charts hot together and I loved watching Miller fall head over heart for his girl. I so ...more
Jackie
Oct 17, 2016 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Miller Hawes knows what he wants and how he wants it. He runs his businesses like finely oiled machines and his personal life like a turnstile. Until Tess falls into his club. House Rules is a fantastic follow up to Traded. You think you know the story going in to it, but Rebecca Brooke's found a way to keep the story new and fresh while keeping you invested in the characters. Already looking forward to the next book!
Crystal
Nov 19, 2016 Crystal rated it it was amazing
House Rules is book two in the Traded Series. Can be read as standalone. I have been waiting for Miller's story ever since we meet him in his brother's story Traded and I can say it was worth the wait. This Mafia story will draw you in from beginning to end, it's full of suspense, intrigue. We see past characters which is great too. House Rules was a amazing, entertaining read.
Cherye Elliott
Oct 21, 2016 Cherye Elliott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally

Waiting for this book was worth it. Had to read it without stopping. Funny, when you find a author with a good writing style, knows how to tell a great story and keeps you captivated it all comes down to really enjoying a good book.....who could ask for anything more?

Enjoy Miller and Tess's story as much as I.
Anne Milne
Oct 25, 2016 Anne Milne rated it it was amazing
I loved Traded so I couldn't wait to read this one. Really enjoyed the story of Miller and Tess both very strong characters. I loved the back and forth between the two, they are both very strong determined single minded people. It was fun to see the developing story between them. Can't wait for the next one.
Michelle Cage
Nov 30, 2016 Michelle Cage rated it really liked it
I loved Miller, perfect mix of alpha and that sweet side that only the ones he cares about see. This book closely resembles the first book, where the herione is traded for a debt, but the heriones even though strong willed eventually submit and find their happily ever afters. I am looking forward to Brocks book next.
Amy
Dec 06, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Miller is definitely more intense than Ashton but he has a lot to deal with taking over the family business. Tess becomes a bargaining chip but in the long run she wasn't on the losing end. Tess is the only woman that has ever stood up to Miller and the only woman that he's ever wanted for more then a night.
Socially Book Nerd
Nov 01, 2016 Socially Book Nerd rated it it was amazing
Wow… Dark sexy asshole, Miller is primed to take over his family's crime business. He has a different girl in his bed each night, not wanting a relationship, since they only seem to cause trouble. That is until he wins Tess in a hand of poker. Tess is stunned that her idiot now EX would bet her, now she is forced to spend the night with Handsome, sexy, and scary Miller.
Kathleen Williams
Loved it

Another awesome book by Rebecca Brooke !!!! The way she tells a story you come part of it and makes you feel everything her characters are feeling and then some. Miller and Tess's story had it all a definite a must read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »