Start by marking “Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1” as Want to Read:
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1

(Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (Single Issues) #1)

“Who Is Oracle?” part one! Someone has stolen the name Oracle right out of Barbara Gordon’s past! Hot on this false Oracle’s trail, Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress are all tracking the same mafia capo…so it makes sense to team up, right? Problem is, Barbara and Dinah need the secrets locked up in Oracle’s brain…and Helena Bertinelli would rather put a crossbow bolt rig ...more
Published August 17th 2016 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1

Start your review of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1
Anne
The story was decent, but I had a really hard time getting into this new buck-toothed Batgirl.

description

This art was just so unappealing to me that it kinda ruined the issue. Which is a shame, because I really wanted to like it. And maybe it's unfair of me to judge it that way, but I can't help the way I felt while I was reading it.
Ugh...
*shudder*
I don't even understand why I had such a bad reaction to the art because I've certainly seen worse, but there's something about it that sets my teeth on edge.

description

A
Dr Rashmit Mishra
OK So here's the Thing - this is a fairly decent issue with enough action and mystery to keep you happy and the whole secret Oracle-imposter is also a genuinely nice plot but The art is really letting the issue down.

The art is really awkward to say the least with facial expressions of the characters really not making any sense with the surrounding , even the general sketch of all the characters whether they are standing , fighting or sitting on a table looks off . The colouring is actually good
Naima
CW: ableism, unhealthy relationships

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey continues to make the same mistakes as Batgirl of Burnside, but... somehow worse? Maintaining the retcon that Barbara Gordon is suddenly abled, beautiful and young (far younger than Dinah) is gross on many levels- but really, really ableist. This book basically throws it in our faces: even when we're shown Barbara in the scene where she is paralyzed and then sexually assaulted, her main takeaway? She can't eat marshmallows anymore
The Sapphic Nerd
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay... Maybe I could give this series another chance. Issue #1 is actually decent with Black Canary and Batgirl more in character than the Rebirth issue. Huntress is exactly the hellcat I expect her to be!
mike andrews
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Canary and Batgirl make an awesome pair. This is one of the top Rebirth titles I've read.
Tina
I really hate the art, which is a shame because I like the story.
Patrick
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This issue brought me in a lot more than the Rebirth special did.

Better setup and more engaging interaction between the soon-to-be team members.
Ellie Hope
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 71, comics
71/100
Adonay Rivas
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Que dibujo tan feo, man. :s
Jakob Sandevill
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Pretty good story, however art work is meh at best.
Wayne McCoy
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1' by Shawna Benson and Julie Benson with art by Claire Roe is a really fun start to a series.

Batgirl and Black Canary are trying to track down someone who has stolen the name of Oracle, which was used in Barbara Gordon's past. They run into Huntress who is also looking for Oracle, but while Batgirl and Black Canary want to find and question the suspect, Huntress would rather just end Oracle's life. It's the uneasy beginning of a team up, but will it last?

I've bee
Owen Williams
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dc-review
Review: 8.7/10
The plot itself is fun, and allows for a lot of character depth. You get to see Dinah and Barbara's relationship through the fact that they both have an immense love and tie to the Oracle moniker. Helena is kind of tagged along during the ride, not too forcefully in my opinion but not too sensical either, but I am able to suspend my disbelief of how easy they decided to work together.
The art remains painfully dopey. It's as if the artist isn't sure if they are aiming for a gritty
Rachel
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a witty comic. Second rebirth comic that I have read, and it is a whole lot better than batgirl. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Kim
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty decent! I'm reading too much at the moment though so might drop it for a little bit and pick up in trade.
Brendan
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Leading somewhere but nothing grand at this stage. I've found a new found love for Batgirl but this series hasn't a tone like the others. I like the team and hopefully this develops quickly.
John
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-book
A real good start.I think the ladies are going to do just fine.
Andrew
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the Rebirth issue, but I still love the dynamic between Batgirl/Canary/Huntress. Definitely gonna stick with it for a while.
20hrsinamerica
Oct 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Dinah's facial reactions in the background are the best.
Marisa Carpico
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Really disappointed by this series thus far. Also, not terribly happy with the art.

Patrick
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3 and a half stars*
Gustavo Daniele
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
art took a really deep dive in quality
Jenna Anderson
Sean
Jun 09, 2017
Leah
Aug 30, 2016
rated it did not like it
Mar 28, 2020

• 365 Samurai and a Few Bowls of Rice
  • Detective Comics #934
  • Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds #1
  • Sunstone, Vol. 1

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #2