Start by marking “Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine (The Green Room Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine (The Green Room Chronicles #1)

Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine

(The Green Room Chronicles #1)

The year is 1969. Though there is war and unrest in the world, on August 15th, on a farm in upstate New York, a little concert will go down in history as the most famous music festival of our time: Woodstock.
It also happens to be the day Bonnie McMillan and Peter Hampton meet and begin their free-spirited love-filled journey with each other.
Fast forward forty-seven years
Published August 15th 2016 by J.D. Frettier

To ask other readers questions about Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine

Start your review of Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine (The Green Room Chronicles #1)
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ Purchased on Amazon

Bonnie McMillan and Peter Hampton meet at Woodstock, 1969 and it’s lust and love at first sight. After a lifetime of being together Bonnie unexpectedly dies and leaves Peter alone for the first time in 47 yrs. But not for long. After Bonnie meets her best friend who died a few years before her and is whisked away to the Green Room, she’s determined to learn how to channel so she can connect once again with Peter. Undead shenanigans ensue.

Have you ever wondered w
Ronald Keeler
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine by JD Frettier is a 45-page short novel selected as a Book of the Day by OnlineBookClub for 08 February 2017. It was available as a free download on 08 February and is also available through Kindle Unlimited. The title did it for me; I had to download this one. A true bargain at the price, this is a tongue-in-cheek (pun intended) look at the after-effects of Woodstock. It is about the YEAR 1969, so get your head out of the gutter. It is getting crowded down here.

Fo
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
Plot ☆☆☆☆☆
Characters ☆☆☆☆☆
Flow ☆☆☆☆☆
Hotness level ☆
Humor/Feel Good ☆☆☆☆☆

I thoroughly enjoyed this novella. It's about an older woman who passes away after a night of debauchery with her husband. Instead of going to Heaven or Hell, she ends up in The Green Room (purgatory). It's not anything she expects and can't even enjoy it because she misses her husband so much. So she's on a mission to contact him from the other side.

This is a feel good read with plenty of humor about passing on and what t
Laura Lee
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a great short comical read.
Bonnie McMillan and her husband had just got done having a night of great hot sex when she passes away... What happens in this book next, is a great take on what happens to you when it is your time. From meeting friends whom have passed away before you, to getting a make over on your body (boob job, hell yeah!!!), to watching your husband and family/friends at your own funeral. All in the comfort of 'the green room'.
Will she ever get to be with the love of her l
Jeanne McDonald
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frankly I damn near pissed myself laughing so hard at this story. Bonnie is feisty and blunt. Dee is seriously flower-child funny. Peter...Lord help us. That man... I only hope that when I pass I can have an experience such as this. But, on the flip side, there was a true love story here, too. The characters are so well written that you get lost in their antics and fall in love with them with each passing page. I would highly recommend this story if you need a great read that will 'uplift' your ...more
InD'tale Magazine
Audiobook Review

J D Frettier is at the top of her game with this novella!

Read full review in the 2017 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
J.M. Maurer
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Laugh out loud hilarious!
Angela
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine is the first book in The Green Room Chronicles series by J.D Frettier. I didn’t know what to expect going into this book because I had never read any of Ms. Frettier’s stories before now, and when I researched her (ok, I admit it- I stalked her😊) to see what else she has done, this appears to be her debut novel? If that’s the case, what a brilliant introduction- as well as a superb and polished debut.
Even though this is a novella sized story, there is nothi
Lynn Cooper
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine is a story I will never forget, and that's really saying something in a world full of forgettable books. I've been an avid reader of romance for decades but have never come across anything like this love story--one that literally crosses the span from life to death and beyond. After reading Bonnie and Peter's story I no longer fear death or the afterlife. Even though I know this is a work of fiction, I am going to believe in the Green Room as if it really does exis ...more
Cloe Michaels Reads
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For the first time, we at this blog decided to listen to our first audio book and can I say it was the best decision we ever made. As a reviewer, I have read many books and felt many emotions through each book I have read. Listening to an audio book as added a new dimension to reviewing.
I could do other things while listening intently to the story as it unfolded but to have a different voice for each character added a new dimension of enjoyment to the story, listening as the emotions are played
Wendy Syposs Litz
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot,Funny,And Romantic!!

I loved this! It was unique and funny! It's a story about one woman's life and her afterlife! About going back to a time that meant the most to you! In Bonnie's case it meant going back,it meant remembering her life with Peter,her husband! Starting with how they met,in 1969 at Woodstock! Along the way she is reconnects with him in more ways than one!!

Dee,Bonnie's bestie,helps her navigate her way through Purgatory! First stop is at the Plastic Surgeon's!! Free Body Sculp
Madison  Degraffenreid
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-r
This novel was a quick and easy read. Bonnie, Dee, and Peter were fascinating characters and were easy to relate to. The setting was in what the author termed the Green Room, which is a place between for souls to go before moving on. The Green Room is full of exciting things and made the story interesting. People spend an unknown amount of time there and are never sure when or where they will go after. I highly recommend this book, but it is definitely for mature readers in that there are severa ...more
L.S.
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who knew that Woodstock could be recreated in the Afterlife? This place of free love, peace and joy with free boob jobs must have a waiting list.
A very funny, witty story with plenty of humour, nostalgia and sex for the over sixties.
For me, it only enriches the stories told about the era and if this were to be our final destination, then we have much to look forward to.
Nelson Boll
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine” is a good fun loving, sexy read that also provides the reader with a good laugh throughout. There are some great characters to meet inside and the racy, hot, graphic descriptions are vivid and stimulating, while at the same time sometimes hilarious. This is great, light-hearted fun reading.
Tami Adams
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to review this book without any promises about the review (the rating or the posting).

When I was first sent in the direction of this book, I was told it was a “laugh out loud” comedy. The saying “each to his own” applies in this case. However don’t get the wrong idea. Just because I didn’t LOL over the book doesn’t even come close to saying I didn’t enjoy it. It was a fun and humorous read and I will definitely be looking for more in this series.

The following is my personal opinion
Karen Hrdlicka
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this book. It's a bit paranormal, a bit sexy and a whole lot of fun. I really liked the premise of the story. Bonnie dies after a night of hot sex with her husband and is pulled into The Green Room by her long deceased best friend, Dee. Not really hell, but certainly not heaven, Bonnie tries to come to terms with leaving her soul mate behind. She certainly has in interesting time in the hereafter waiting for her eternal HEA. The banter was fun the characters wel ...more
Laura Furuta
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: J.D. Frettier
5 out of 5 stars

The story Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine: A Spicy Romantic Comedy About the Afterlife (The Green Room Chronicles Book 1) by J.D. Frettier is a book I enjoyed reading. When I read the details about the story I wasn’t sure about what to expect. What I got is a story that I couldn’t put down. It is a book that includes love and humor. Add in some witty remar
Heather Bass
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read from this author and she blew me away. I did not know what to expect from this book but I was hooked on it right away. This book is the first from The Green Room Chronicles. I was very shocked that this is her debut book because this story was greatly written. The storyline has it all great characters, humor, and love. I devoured this incredible story in only one sitting.

Bonnie just died after a crazy night with her husband for forty-seven years. She is met by
Mary Williams
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Peter and Bonnie meet in 1969 at Woodstock, spent that weekend together.  Six months later Peter transfered to the college Bonnie attend, he couldn't get her out of his mine.  They lived in a Hippie community after college, had two children.  They then moved to Washington and got jobs, got married and raised their children.  Bonnie had a fatal heart attack.  She goes to the holding area, for heaven and/or hell and is greater by one of her friends.  Then the fun begins.  You will enjoy this book ...more
Maura
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a short novella that has a sense of humor about itself. The premise is that a woman dies and goes to a place that isn't heaven or hell. She runs into her best friend and has an adventure.

This story teaches us a few life lessons:

1. Have an estate plan complete with all your wishes. Don't let your daughter pick your outfit.
2. Make sure someone knows all of your log-ins and passwords (ok that's not in the story, but it's my tip to everyone).
3. Make sure your partner AND at least one trust
Heather
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine, the first book in the Green Room Chronicles, is written by J.D. Frettier. This novella is hilariously and well written story, justly so as it was an easy and quick read. The theme of the book was fun, light and perfect for the cast of characters. I think this story was creative, refreshing and something different out there in the genre that has become over-saturated.
Kerry  carr
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a funny story about life after death.
Its about a women who has dies leaving behind her husband who she adores.

It tells a wonderful story of her fun filled life and how she brings that over to the other side.

Its a story that will make you laugh and smile.
Bobbi Wagner
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and I loved it from the first word until the last. It is a fun short story that is engaging. I read it in one sitting, I couldn't put it down until I found out how it ended. It shows you how true love lasts even after death. I loved the characters and the emotional roller coaster ride they took me on. I laughed and felt compassion for them. I highly recommend this book.
Sara Oxton
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Desperately seeking Sixty-Nine by J.D. Frettier a four-star read that will surprise you. This is the first novel in the Green Room chronicles, and I am hoping I can get to read number two soon. I honestly didn’t know what to think when I picked this one up, and I’m glad I did as it was so much fun, but I am still a little in wonder about what I read. I have often wondered about what happens after we pass and where we go, and this story gives me hope. I know its only fiction but its funny and wil ...more
Nina
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grab your Depends and prepare to laugh-out-loud! A fun, short story about a women who, in the afterlife, returns to her "flower child" days of the 60's. Bonnie is blunt, honest, and hilariously political. A fun afternoon read. I received this book from eBook Discovery. This is my honest review. Now I'm off to find book 2.
Brian Paules
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick, light and humorous read that will certainly make you laugh. If you're old enough to remember black and white TV you'll probably relate quite well to the story. I received this book from eBook Discovery. This is my honest review, which I voluntarily post here.
Carrie Thomas
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story! J.D. gives us a comical look into a different story. This is a story about an older woman who finds herself in "the green room"unsure of her surroundings and missing her husband of many years. Follow Bonnie as she learns the ropes to the green room all the while trying to make her way back to the love of her life. I love the way the author took an unusual story line and made it laugh out loud funny. J.D. had my attention until the end. This is a light, funny, short stor ...more
Ebony
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this short quirky read!!!

J.D. Frettier has given her readers a trippy read that will have them laughing out loud and hoping that Bonnie and her husband get the heavenly ever after that they are searching for!!!

This short story was packed with so much good stuff!! I did not want it to end. The story was cute, the laughs kept coming, and I NEED more from this author!!!
Wren Michaels
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastically fun and entertaining story. J.D. Frettier knocks it out of the park with a funny yet poignant tale. I laughed and even teared up in this well told tale of love, loss, and the great beyond. Can't wait for more from this author!
moxieBK
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine (The Green Room Chronicles Book 1) — JD Frettier (10 chapters) May 24, 2017

This is an “erotically incorrect romance.” Or so it says on the cover page. I wasn’t sure what that meant, but I was about to find out. This is a fast read, an hour or so of dedicated time. It was a complete tale, which I liked. Definitely “dirty” ion some places. A very heterosexual story. There were some emotional feels in here too, so that was nice. Ending seemed a bit out of left field,
« previous 1 3 next »

• Everyday Enchantments: Musings on Ordinary Magic & Daily Conjurings
  • Coming Home (Flowers in December, #2)
  • Vantage Point (Gray Ghost #4)
  • Badge Bunny (Romance in Rehoboth, #4)
  • Impact (A Twisted Hearts Love Story book 4)
  • Pandora's Price (Hart & Cole Book 3)
  • The Light at Dawn
  • Smoke & Mirrors (Nite Fire #3)
  • Rewind (Rewind #1)
  • Yearning Young (Burning Britely, #2)
  • CLAIMED (The Torzial Affair Book 3)
  • Reset to One (Paranormal Talent Agency, #2)
  • Next Door Knight (Man's Best Friend, #2)
  • Little Do You Know (Bayou Devils MC 5)
  • Special Agent Charli (Undercover FBI Book 6)
  • Hate to Love You (Baker's Bunch Book 1)
  • If The Shoe Fits... (The Liberty Lawrence Series Book #3)
  • Just Exes (Blue Beech, #3)

The Green Room Chronicles (2 books)
  • Linda Gets her Groove Thing (The Green Room Chronicles #2)

News & Interviews