Start by marking “The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)

The Desert Lord's Bride

(Throne of Judar #2)

The future of Judar rests with Farah Beaumont, a foreigner who wants nothing to do with her heritage.

And to secure his country's peace, prince Shehab Aal Masood must make her his bride--by any means necessary.

Hiding his identity and sweeping Farah off her feet is a start. But the joyful, seemingly innocent Farah is nothing like he expects. And Sheha
Paperback, Silhouette Desire #1884, 186 pages
Published July 1st 2008 by Silhouette Desire

Start your review of The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
Guildish
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dear Harlequin/Silhouette:

As you have probably noticed by now, Olivia Gates is incredibly lazy and refuses to forego her wasteful job as a medical doctor in favour of her job as an author! The nerve!! LOL.

Needless to say, it's proving to be quite a challenge to her fans as we have to rely on her backlist to see us through until her next dynamic offering. Would you please provide guidance as to where one may locate books on her backlist. I can only assume that her populari
Maire
Jun 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The Desert Lord’s Bride
Shebab & Farah’s Story
Shebab Aal Massood & Farah Beaumont

This is the second book in the Throne of Judar Trilogy.
Tbis is the story of Shebab and Farah. Shebab is the middle brother, like his oldest brother he is also just as passionate and more complex. He is the brother that always stays in control, always in charge. A ruthless adversary in business and pleasure. He doesn’t want to rule Judar that was to be Farooq’s destiny. Farooq has deci
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I love the cover for this book. It was beautifully written and delightfully melodramatic. A good book to read to escape from the mundane cares of your everyday life. I liked that the heroine was socially awkward and tended to say things that shouldn't be said.
StMargarets
Emotions rule the day in this story that has *both* the H/h crying during the big denouement when the heroine finds out her true identity and confronts her mother.

That final set piece is so over the top - the dialogue, the characters, the soap opera plot twist – that it actually eclipses all the emotion and drama that came before. So many romances lose energy at the end, but this author started out with a revengeful hero deliberately planning to seduce the clumsy, endearing heroine and ends up
Vintage
The fake love of my life, Logan Echolls, has the best quote for any and all Olivia Gates romances:
Our story was epic, you know, you and me. Spanning years and continents. Lives ruined, bloodshed. Epic.’

Here we have our hero who thinks the heroine is a faithless, female of ill repute who has no family loyalty. Yawn, that old trope. Her new found father the Sheikh of Blah Blahde blah wants to arrange her marriage. Being a geeky finance type PLUS the fact she’s known about her new papa for all/>Our
Elizabeth
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book. Shehab had a mission, to make Farah, the newfound daughter of a king, marry him. Thinking the worst of her from all evidence, he embarks on seducing her into doing what his kingdom needs. But from the first moment on, he thinks she's nothing like he'd expected, and he begins to fall for her guileless charm. Thinking he was someone other than the groom she'd rejected, she falls all the way from the first moment. Most of the book is spent on this sensually tormenting jou ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sheikhs-romance
Loved it can't wait for the final book...GOOOD read great for your collection. Both characters were good from start to finish.
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The Desert Lord's Bride" is the story of Farrah and Shehab.
When Shehab becomes the king once his older brother Farooq abdicates his throne for love, he discovers it's his responsibility to marry. He finds a bride in the estranged and illegitimate daughter of King Atef of Zohyad, Farrah- who he thinks is a promiscuous, rich man's mistress.
Deliberately he sets out to seduce and woo her, finally ending up falling under her spell in process- and soon the secrets are revealed.
I lik
Geraldine Jefferson
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Desert Lord's Bride is the second book in Throne of Judar series and impossibly, it's even more emotional than the first one (The Desert Lord's Baby—run to read it if you haven't yet!)
I cried rivers when Farah found out the truth, felt my heart breaking with her, and felt Shehab's having a heart attack when he realized how much he'd hurt her. Another five star and then some book.
Samantha
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful second book in the throne of judar trilogy, a seduction tale that turns on the seducer. Some really heartwrenching scenes and some of the best writing and details i've ever read. Highly recommended.
Joy
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second book in Throne of Judar series (though each book can be read alone with no problems) is another sensual emotional journey into the depths of the magical world that Olivia Gates weaves, populated by people who love with their all, lose their hearts completely and do anything at all for each other. Shehab and Farrah's love story took me from the heights of elation to the depths of despair and it was an unforgettable ride. And agian the setting was a main character, so detailed and alive ...more
Tara
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A sensually and emotionally explosive book. I cried so hard with and for Farah at the end. I pick the book up every time I need a good cry. Love it so much!!!
Kaycee ❤️

I love, love, loved everything about this book! And I loved Shehab; I can say that he's the most swoony sheikh heroes I've ever read!
Fiona Marsden
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, hot sex and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
One of the things I really love about Olivia Gates books is that once the heroine is in the heroes sights there is no question of another woman. Vague intimations of arranged marriages aside there is no doubt from the very first moment that for these men there is only one woman in their life.
When Shehab makes his plan to lure his unwilling bride into his clutches, no one is more surprised than he is by the conflagration of need this woman he intends to use and discard awakens in him. All h
Nina
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another richly plotted and written explosively emotional and passionate book in the Throne of Judar trilogy! I adored Farah and her innocence and Shehab and his unstoppable seduction and how it all tangled into such a poignant heart wrenching mess. I sob my heart out each time I read the last quarter of this book. Sigh... Fantastic book over all!
Theresa
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second installment in the Throne of Judar series is as magical as the first one (The Desert Lord's Baby) Shehab is an irresistible hunk and his seduction of Farah melted me. And when Farrah finds out about his manipulation, her anguish broke my heart. I don't remember when I've last sobbed so hard for a character. The Desert Lord's Bride is just fantastic all around.
Nelly Strong
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second book in Throne of Judar is almost as good as the first book in a different way. Five star plus and a heart-wrenching love story.
Poppy
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from start to finish. It was so exotic, passionate and evocative I was sobbing by its end.
Aoi
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, sheikh
It's been a loong loong time since I've picked up a Harlequin and I gleefully enjoyed every moment of it- high drama and all! I cackled throughout the comical over-the-top beginning, the requisite Arabic endearments sprinkled at the start of every sentence. But the book has a way of pulling the reader in, and at the time of the big-reveal-angst, I was fully invested.

Can't find fault with it. A complete escapist entertainer..!

Shirley Buchanan
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Intense is the best way to describe this book by Olivia Gates. The characters' thoughts, feelings, and emotions jump from the page, drawing you into their lives. The machinations of others leaves the reader reeling with the length and depth of the human mind and spirit.

Shehab Aal Masood is now the crown prince, after his brother abdicated the position for his love. He grew up with all the privileges and position of royalty, as second in line for the throne, never believing one day he
AelixRage
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is the first I've read from the Throne of Judar series and from Olivia Gates. If it was a rug, it would be a beautiful, colorful, and intricately designed handwoven rug.

The idiosyncrasy of the heroine was adorable and had me thinking, "If I had a friend like her, life wouldn't be boring". She was like this continuous firework, or rather, continuously blinking Christmas lights of different colors. We were also given a picture of the kind of person that she was and I felt for
Tanya Mayes
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin-desire
This is the story of Shehab and Farah. Their story was written so that you felt their love, joy and pain. Along with some steamy (literally) sex scenes. Author Olivia Gates, has given readers a view of what length a royal has to go through in the name of duty. She skillfully draws you into the lives of the hero and heroine. I love the use of the hero's language and the translations it takes me to that country and makes me want to learn more about the culture and the language. By the end of the s ...more
Chantal ❤️
Jenn - Reviews
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-sheikhs
This is another good read from Olivia Gates. I read the first & third book of this trilogy first and they blew me away. This one didn't quite do it for me like the other two until the last chapters. I'm actually glad I read the 3rd book before the 2nd as it all began to make sense in the last chapters.
The intensity of emotions as well as the immense love between hero & heroine are back and make for a fabulous romantic read.
Shannon
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Oh my word what can I say about this series or the author? Well I can say that the author is an amazingly creative woman that knows how to weave the words to draw in the reader. The intrigue and suspense of the relationships built between the characters as the story progresses makes you wish you were a part of that world.
Oky Septya
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin, ebook
Huwaaa.. when Farah realized that Shehab are manipulating her into marriage my heart shattered as I felt hurt for her. Hiks. It was a great. Plotnya juga okeh. Tapi beberapa detail Olivia Gates agak kurang sih IMO. But overall it's well written. So far it's my fave book of Throne of Judar Series, semoga buku terakhirnya bisa lebih bagus lagi. Can't wait!!
Sasha
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Here's a snippet of my review of The Desert Lord's Bride:

"Another guaranteed good Arabian/Middle Eastern story from Olivia Gates. No other category romance author is as consistent in creating realistic characters and locations while seamlessly weaving Arabic into the story.

I also LOVE that Gates often uses names authentic to the Middle East and writes about men and women of mixed race..."

Click on or copy & paste this link to read the full review at The Boo
Laila
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this is the second book in Throne of Judar trilogy, and it's so different from the first book, The Desert Lord's Baby, but as emotional and erotic and as magnificently written. I'm in awe of Olivia Gates's talent, and this book had me laughing AND weeping out loud, and left me totally satisfied. Truly awesome!
Ismahane
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Amazing Read!! Olivia Gates certainly didn't disappoint!!
Mojca
This was no improvement whatsoever from The Desert Lord's Baby.
A heroine that's not what she seems, a hero that just doesn't get it, a slow-paced plot, lots of rather meaningless sex, and a big "secret" that could've been revealed upfront and spared us the reading.
Why, oh why are all these Silhouette Desire books based on misconceptions and misunderstandings? Couldn't they devise something else for a change?

• The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides #2)
  • Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence (Pregnant Brides #1)
  • Blackmailed by the Greek's Vows
  • The Italian Demands His Heirs (Billionaires at the Altar #2)
  • The Spaniard's Untouched Bride (Brides of Innocence #1)
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • Claimed for His Duty (Greek Tycoons Tamed #1)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • The Maid's Spanish Secret
  • The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)
  • Secret Baby, Convenient Wife
  • The Italian's Christmas Housekeeper
  • Accidentally Compromising the Duke (Wedded by Scandal, #1)
  • The Bachelor's Bargain
  • A Paper Marriage
  • Amelia
  • Along Came Twins... (Tiny Miracles, #2)
I am a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of 45 books in different genres including Contemporary Romance, Medical Romance, Medical Action Thrillers and Paranormal Romance. My upcoming works will also veer into fantasy.

But one thing is for sure…there will always be central romances in my books. The all-consuming kind that leaves readers breathless and begging for more.

I love to hear fron my

Throne of Judar (3 books)
  • The Desert Lord's Baby  (Throne of Judar #1)
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)