Start by marking “Wicked Charm” as Want to Read:
Wicked Charm

Wicked Charm

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  145 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
Nothing good comes from living in the Devil's swamp.

Willow Bell thinks moving to the Okefenokee area isn't half bad, but nothing prepares her for what awaits in the shadows of the bog.

Girls are showing up dead in the swamp. And she could be next.

Everyone warns Willow to stay away from Beau Cadwell—the bad boy at the top of their suspect list as the serial killer tormenting
Published January 30th 2018 by Entangled Teen

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Charm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Charm

Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-publisher
As an adult with grown up responsibilities and big girl woes, it's refreshing to jump into a YA novel that is neither pretentious nor related to current events. Not that the heavy young adult contemporaries aren't enjoyable or much needed, but sometimes my brain needs an escape for pure pleasure reading. THIS was one of those reads. It had that "guilty pleasure" feeling I've received whenever diving into a Pretty Little Liars novel; the plot was completely different and the characterization wasn ...more
Berit☀️✨
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
4 charming stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This was a fun young adult contemporary with the unusual setting of a southern swamp..... this book is classified as a romantic suspense, however I read several reviews before reading this that said it was heavier on the romance than the suspense.... so I went into this expecting a lot of romance and not so much suspense, sometimes expectations are everything..... The romance was charming and sweet, but I found the suspense more than satisfying....

Willow is the new girl in
Carrie
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Wicked Charm by Amber Hart is supposed to be a young adult romantic thriller which would lead a reader to believe it would be heavy on the thrills and light on the romance. However, this one really seemed to focus mostly on the romance and add a bit of thriller on the side.

The story starts with the main character Willow Bell moving to the Okefenokee Swamp with her grandmother when she spies the neighbor boy and of course becomes infatuated with the cute boy. So in warning yes, this was a bit of
Sepani
I received this copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a fast-paced story with romance and mystery. The author’s attempt in narrating the swamp made me feel that I’m really in that place. I loved the two main characters (Willow and Beau) and the love story between beau’s grand-father and Willow’s grand-mother.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo wicked-charm-fi_zpskavgfwo1.jpg
 photo DTImhwnV4AA2V1Q_zps8xa1ilko.png

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟FABULOUS STARS
ARC-Review
Release Date-30/1/18

What a great read, I wasn't expecting to like this so much Wicked Charm By Amber Hart was a fabulous enchanting but nerve-wracking read.
Set in the swamps of Okefenokee, Willow Bell and her parents have gone to live with her grandmother Old Lady Bell.
And it isn't long before she catches the eye of local teenage playboy Beau Cadwell.
Beau with his riddles and many ex-girlfriends.
He guards his heart due to the loss of his parents.
He lives with his s
Kayla
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my spoiler-free review on GracelingAccountant

I loved this book. it was like a murder mystery falling in love with the bad boy kind of story with a southern flair.

what brought it down a star was the writing, for me. I think I would have given this five stars in high school. The writing just wasn't that complex or lyrical but it was a good story for sure.
Morris
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
“Wicked Charm” is standard young adult mystery and romance fare. It’s enjoyable and an extremely quick read, making it a good choice for a beach read. It just isn’t memorable.

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Melissa Chung
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to say thank you to Entangled Teen for sending me this free book, Wicked Charm for an honest review. This book was definitely in a genre I love, southern charm and murders. Giving this read a 3.75 stars.

Wicked Charm is described as a YA contemporary romance and a mystery thriller. Which is exactly what you get and in that order. Willow Mae Bell (very southern name, let me tell you. Oh, and by the way Willow is on the top 50 list for baby girl names in the South.) Digressing. Willow Mae is
Mandy
Jan 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
*Thanks so much to Entangled Teen and Chapter by Chapter for sending me over an ARC of this!! I so appreciate it!!*

My mind kept telling me to DNF, but it's 2018. I'm turning over new leaves where I'm going to stick to book and not be the DNF queen. I'm a book princess - not a book queen, so I really need to learn to, you know, actually read books instead of throwing them to the wind once I get bored. While I was constantly waving my hand at this going, WHAT IS THIS, WHAT IS GOING ON, NO NO NO, I
Lena (The Printed Girl)
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

First of all, don't get confused by the summary because this is a romance! It tricked me, I thought this would be a mystery novel with some romance aspects but it was the completely other way around. 75% romance and 25% mystery. I don't mind actually, I like this combination so much more! It was a good thing that someone else told me this before I started reading this book otherwise I would probably have been a lot more confused by the lack of mystery.

Because it's more of
Jenn
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So great I blurbed it! My non-blurby-language review - Amber's so fantastic at voicey characters, and creating this incredibly vivid sense of place through the lenses of her narrators' experiences. And she writes outside the usual upper-middle class YA protagonist bubble, which is an added bonus. Gorgeous writing, fast-paced plot...I seriously couldn't put it down, even when I was supposed to because children. :) (Side note: I'm getting pretty good at sneak-reading on my phone!!)
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Wicked Charm was such a dark, creepy, and addictive story! This was a book that enraptured me from beginning to end! I thought the author did a wonderful job at creating a memorable YA story that did feel like your typical YA story. I thoroughly enjoyed the author's writing style and way her story flowed. I definitely plan on picking up any other book she will write in the future.

One thing I was really impressed with in this book was the author's attention to detail. This was a book where I gen
D.M.
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wicked charm is a suspense, mysterious novel set in Okefenokee, Georgia alongside a boggy swamp. It's a little spooky, it's quirky and unique.

Willow Bell and her parents are moving in with her grandmother. She lives in a desolate area near a swamp. Their only neighbours are the Cadwell family. A disturbingly beautiful family with a wicked charm. Beau is Willows age and known for breaking hearts. Girls fall for his good lucks, but unfortunately, he gets bored easily. Willow isn't immune to Beau'
Sabrina
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

What I loved about this novel was the dual point of views. You can fully understand the story from Willow's and Beau's point of view. It's a thriller and mystery that I thoroughly enjoyed. This book is definitely addicting and you won't be left disappointed.
Elaine
The main characters in this YA romantic suspense are Willow Bell, who has moved to live with her Grandmother in the Opefenokee Swamp and the boy-next-door, Beau Cadwell. Beau is very popular with the girls but has a reputation as a Cassanova, always breaking the hearts of the girls he dates. The story is told from their alternative points of view. . . .

Willow and Beau attend the same school and share some of the same classes. Everyone warns Willow to avoid Beau but forbidden fruit is often the m
NerdyBookishBeauty
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
“You love me, even though you don’t have to and even though you haven’t said it, and especially even though you never actually want to.” I really thought this was a great story. It’s a great mystery for a younger generation. I give it a solid 3.5 stars. It did get a little much and I got lost in the words and forgot about the plot. It made for an easy read. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and fell in love with Willow and Beau.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the opportunity
Paula  Phillips
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Willow Bell is the spitting image of her grandmother Lady Bell and has just moved to her grandmother's house along with her parents on Devil's Swamp. There is only one other house on the Swamp which is Old Man Paxton Cadwell and his two grandchildren Charlotte and Beau. Willow's grandmother despises Beau and says how he is exactly like his grandfather, a charmer who will break everyone's hearts and get into girls heads and messes with their minds. Willow can't help it, but she is finding herself ...more
OutlawPoet
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
So Wicked Charm, by Amber Hart, is a romantic suspense thriller for teens.

Well, there’s a little more emphasis on the romance than on the mystery, but I did enjoy our murder mystery and the author did a pretty good job at keeping that aspect suspenseful.

The atmosphere of the book is sultry Southern Gothic. And it does get extremely steamy without getting into sex. Honestly, at times it was slightly uncomfortable since you’re reading about two 17-year-olds. In a couple of years these teens would
Heather Meloche
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Amber Hart's writing. From her riveting BEFORE YOU and AFTER US duology to her UNTAMED duology, she has a way of instantly drawing the reader in with her well-drawn characters, the instant romantic tension between her main characters, and with her unique and well-described settings. In her latest, thriller WICKED CHARM, all these elements come together exceptionally well. Set in the swampy backwoods of Georgia, Hart's descriptions of where main characters Willow and Beau reside ...more
Shelley
*Source* Publisher via NetGalley
*Genre* Young Adult Fiction / Thrillers & Suspense
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Amber Hart's Wicked Charm is set to the background of the Okefenokee Swamp on the Georgia/Florida Border. With its Southern Gothic vibe, it is a wonderfully creepy setting and the perfect place to write a story about a cat and mouse game between Beau Cadwell, Willow Bell, and a mysterious killer. The shocking part is that the killer is leaving behind girls who have had some sort of connect
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
3 1/2-4 stars

Wicked Charm was a pretty fast paced mystery, but there was also a big focus on romance. It somewhat took up more of the book than the actual murders did. It's told in alternating chapters by the two main characters, Willow and Beau.

Willow has recently moved in with her grandma in the swamp in Georgia. Beau lives next door with his grandpa and sister, Charlotte. Willow is warned by her grandma to stay away from Beau because he's wicked. Her grandma isn't a big fan of her neighbors a
Ruthsic
The best thing that this book has going for it is the atmosphere: it is set near a swamp, and there is a serial killer on the loose and did I mention the swamp is super eerie but also kind of pretty, and there are alligators who can be reasoned with? Anyway, the story begins when Willow Mae moves to town with her parents to stay with her grandma, and they and one another family are the only ones who have houses at the edge of the swamp. Like, it is in their backyard. Willow is super into the bad ...more
lacy [a ravenclaw library]
eARC provided in exchange for an honest review from Entangled Teen. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

TW: suicide, death of loved ones

3.5 stars!

you always did say that the brightest light casts the darkest shadow

I really struggled to rate this one. I really did enjoy it and I think it covered a really important topic well but I didn't quite get what I thought I was going to get. There were a few things that just really bothered me and that kept me from completely loving it.

About 60 to 70
Roxanne
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Entangled Teen and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Willow is new but not new to this small Georgia town. Her grandparents have been living in this swamp for as long as she can remember. But she has recently moved here from Florida and it has been awhile since they visited. She is immediately attracted to Beau, but her Grandmother doesn't like that family.

Beau is attracted to Willow, but she is different from his normal girls. Usually he just dates a gi
Richelle Robinson
After reading and loving Pretty Dead Girls, I’ve been looking for more books in that genre. The blurb of Wicked Charm caught my attention but I wasn’t 100% thrilled with the story. The book in my opinion focused too much on the romance aspect between the main characters, Willow and Beau. There is a murderer on the loose killing teenage girls and I felt the main focus was Willow's love life. Don’t get me wrong I’m a HUGE romance reader but for this book I was expecting more mystery. I would have ...more
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

Spun with the forbidden sweetness of iced tea and the darkness of country nights, Wicked Charm unfolds at a Southern pace a tale of two souls grown deep in the Georgia swamp as history, circumstance, and gruesome murders draw them together like a moth to a flame. Both wicked and charming this story is one that will seep into your skin like a Southern summer and stick like beads of sweat rolling down your neck.

There is a depth to this book and a certain peaceful charm that h
Kelly Gunderman
Check out this, other reviews, and more fun bookish things on my young adult book blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

Okay, first off, look at that pretty cover! It's beautiful! I love the purple color mixed with the white to create this really original looking cover that totally stands out. I think it was one of my favorite things about the book, to be honest!

I read Wicked Charm pretty fast - in the course of a single afternoon I found myself wrapped up in this one, beginning and then finishing it. I
Fanna
I liked this for a number of reasons but maybe that's where it went a bit wrong—among so many likeable reasons, it didn't give any reason for me to love it.

The two main young-adult protagonists, Beau and Willow, live in the swampy areas of a Georgia town. And no, I'm not giving away unnecessary information about the book. The entire story revolves around the swamp, directly or indirectly, and the descriptive writing doesn't let the humid setting become less evident, so this might as well be the
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are however my own.

Touted as a YA Romantic Thriller, Wicked Charm by Amber Hart does its best to make the reader experience the romance with all of the thrills and chills.

Willow Bell has just moved in with her grandmother in a swamp – and her first glimpse of a person her age, is literally the boy next door, someone who not only catches he
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a struggle to put a star rating on this. On one hand, there's a lot of bark but no bite. On the other, what is there is lovely in it's own right. Regardless, I have a lot to say about this.

1. The characters. Elaborating on what I said above, it's made very clear that Beau Cadwell is this horrible person who uses girls and then dumps them with no warning. However, this isn't really shown. From what we see of Beau, he's a genuine human being with some commitment issues (which isn't u
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Author of:

WICKED CHARM, young adult standalone romantic thriller, Entangled Teen 2018

UNTIL YOU FIND ME, (Untamed series #1) new adult contemporary romantic thriller, Penguin Random House 2014

CAPTURED BY YOU, (Untamed series #2), Penguin Random House 2015

BEFORE YOU (Before & After series, #1), young adult contemporary romance, Kensington 2014

AFTER US (Before & After series, #2), Kensington

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Girl I Used to Be
    $7.80 $2.99
  • After the Woods
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Beau waits like he expects an invite. But he’ll be waiting until he’s nothing but bones because I’m not the type of girl who ditches her friend for a guy, no matter how hot he is. Or the type who makes her friend feel like a third wheel.” 1 likes
“I’m not looking for him,” I reply. But I’m a lying liar.” 1 likes