Start by marking “Black, Blue, & Purple Pain: A Domestic Violence Awareness Anthology” as Want to Read:
Black, Blue, & Purple Pain: A Domestic Violence Awareness Anthology

Black, Blue, & Purple Pain: A Domestic Violence Awareness Anthology

There's a black and blue person out there right now, in pain from the physical violence they suffered from the one they trusted. Their bruises will begin to fade to purple . . . then yellow . . . and eventually will disappear. Their fear will outlast the pain. Their broken bones and will mend, but only physically.

There's a wounded heart out there. Someone who put faith in
ebook
Published October 1st 2016 by Angel L. Woodz

To ask other readers questions about Black, Blue, & Purple Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black, Blue, & Purple Pain

Danielle Harris
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a powerful book

This is definitely a highly recommended read to those who fall victim to domestic violence. Most favorite story is from Christine Monroe Unwanted is about a boy named Thorn. Its definitely a tear jerker! The other stories from these authors are amazing as well. Pick up your copy today this will not disappoint.
Pam
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This collection is released to bring better awareness of abuse of all kinds - emotional, physical, sexual. The subject matter is dark but these stories are told in the perspective of the victim. They show the journey each victim must go through from the first instance & how difficult it is to not allow it to break you. The emotions & intensity are powerful & the writing is excellent. I cried, wept & sobbed my way through several of the stories. Keep a Kleenex handy. We all have a ...more
Tawny Garcia
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really well written story and I very much enjoyed it. You don't hear about many of these situations where the roles are reversed in terms of domestic abuse. I enjoyed how the author had me convinced of who the abuser was but then threw a curve ball, and I also loved the author's writing style in journal fashion. This is definitely a good read!
Rachele  (Colosimo) Durkee
This anthology is very dear to my heart. I am so thankful to all the authors who participated in this. Awareness is a big part of a solution and funds is another. I purchased this to help a cause but I read it because it's a really good mixture of stories that will send you on an emotional roller coaster. I have lived some of these stories and the authors have given victims a voice with this anthology. Please give this one a try. If you are a survivor and it's too much for you, think about gifti ...more
Sylvia Stein
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This was one Book that is a must read. All the stories on here are emotional and speak of the abuse suffered emotionally and physically by women, children, and men. All of the authors here share such different but gripping stories. I was so happy to take part in this Anthology in which all proceeds goes towards Domestic Violence Awareness! I hope you will take the time to read it!
Lisa
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspired stories. I felt so many emotions. I am glad someone was brave enough to write about it. It's not easy and it's hard to get out of. Thank you.
Meka♥books
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bare Souls by Casey Hagen in the Black, Blue, & Purple Pain Box Set....Casey's story is amazing, it hits all your emotion buttons. Maggie a beautiful strong woman trying to get her life back together after an abusive relationship. Jonathan is there to help Maggie get back on track, but has skeletons in his own closets. What a wonderful box set at a great price and all proceeds benefit victims of abuse. I was given a complimentary book for an honest review.
Elizabeth
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
~~Susan~~
Oct 05, 2016
Katie Riley
May 28, 2017
J.N. Sheats
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Donna
Nov 15, 2018
Neepa Shah-chittur
Nov 28, 2018
Bev Sten
Elle Henry
Aug 16, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Wanda Slack
Christopher B.
Deborah Secrest
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Silver Rain
Aug 18, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Donna Owens
Terry
Missie Jones
Tammie Browning
Sep 11, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Need a Book Cover and Author Update Please! 2 12 Oct 02, 2016 04:11PM