Start by marking “Creepy Pair of Underwear!” as Want to Read:
Creepy Pair of Underwear!

Creepy Pair of Underwear!

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  1,825 Ratings  ·  402 Reviews
Jasper Rabbit is NOT a little bunny anymore. He’s not afraid of the dark, and he’s definitely not afraid of something as silly as underwear. But when the lights go out, suddenly his new big rabbit underwear glows in the dark. A ghoulish, greenish glow. If Jasper didn’t know any better he’d say his undies were a little, well, creepy. Jasper’s not scared obviously, he’s just ...more
Published August 15th 2017 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Creepy Pair of Underwear!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creepy Pair of Underwear!

Mischenko
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is featured on Halloween Reads for Children @ https://readrantrockandroll.com/2017/...

We loved reading Creepy Carrots, so when we saw that Creepy Pair of Underwear! came out, we couldn’t resist and had to grab it!

The story begins with Jasper Rabbit as he heads to the store with his mom to pick up some new underwear. He notices a new underwear section featuring creepy underwear and mom agrees that he can purchase them. He’s feeling so grown up and can’t wait to wear them to bed that nig
Schizanthus
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jasper is a big rabbit now, so green underwear that glows shouldn’t scare him. Even though he’s most certainly not scared of them, he’s done with them now. But they’re not done with Jasper. This picture book had an R.L. Stine / Paul Jennings sort of vibe to it. The illustrations, mostly black and white but with a Halloween green glow to add to the spook factor, were brilliant! Who knew underwear had so many expressions?! And where can I put my order in for some?
Matt
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
While shopping with is mom for underwear, Jasper sees a display from which he cannot turn away. Creepy Underwear, their eerie glow, are calling to him and Jasper feels he MUST have a pair. Once he gets them home, Jasper tries his new underwear on for size, only to realise that it has a mind of its own. Nothing can stop it or keep it away from Jasper, even when he cuts it to shreds and ships it off to China. When he finally finds a solution, Jasper realises just how much he misses his pair of Cre ...more
Chance Lee
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-it
Now I really want glow-in-the-dark underpants from the underwear store.
Scottsdale Public Library
Jasper is not a little bunny anymore, he's a big rabbit, and on a trip to the underwear store with mom to buy plain white, insists the cool green underwear with the monster face are NOT scary. But no one told him they glowed in the dark- how's a bunny to sleep with all that light?! No matter what Jasper does: hiding them, chopping them to shreds, shipping them off to China, they keep coming back (with some lovely Asian souvenirs no less) Burying them works! But when he goes to bed that night, it ...more
Alexandra
Got this one to check as a potential gift. Love it! A kid is getting it for Christmas. :D
Mandyhello
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book America needs right now..
Rebecca Honeycutt
The faux-noir humor here isn't quite as successful as it was in Creepy Carrots, but it's still an amusing, not-so-scary read. Make sure to check out the endpapers for an additional smile :)
Jaksen
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yikes! I loved this book!

I love Mr. Reynolds' 'Creepy Carrots,' which is owned by my grandsons, ages nine and five. While driving in the car a week ago one of them told me there was another book by the same author, 'Creepy Pair of Underwear!' and I immediately bought it! Had to HAVE it!

In this one Jasper Rabbit goes to the store to buy some new underwear - ordinary white underwear - but when he sees a green pair with a face, he has to HAVE it! His mother buys him one pair, and well...

The creepy
QNPoohBear
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is so cute! It's perfect for little boys and girls (or "big rabbits") who might be afraid of the dark and those who are just graduating to underwear. Jaspar's attempts to rid himself of this bizarre and creepy pair of underwear are hilarious! The illustrations are in black and white with a splash of green to enhance the "glow" of the underwear. I have to get this for my nephew who LOVES scary stories but won't sleep in his own bed! Maybe if he has a pair of creepy underwear in his roo ...more
Mary
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This sweet story about facing one's fears and finding an ingenious use for glow-in-the-dark clothing has the added appeal of being about underwear. A formula for success--except for the Frankenstein-like face on the creepy underwear. For that reason, it only gets 4 stars.
Niki (Daydream Reader)
This one is going to be a hit!
Chantele Sedgwick
Oct 16, 2017 added it
Shelves: own
Such an adorable picture book. My 5 year old LOVED it. As did my older kids. If your kids liked Creepy Carrots or want something fun for Halloween, check this one out.
Callie Ballinger
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
AMAZING!
Martha
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an absolutely perfect tale, kids will love it! Peter Brown's illustrations of ever trying to be brave Jasper, catch his expressive bunny self perfectly. I love the neon green underpants too, again so entertaining with their ever changing facial expressions. Aaron Brown has written another incredibly clever tale which is just as brilliant as Creepy Carrots!, a high bar of soaring excellence.
Jess
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
September 2017 - Ben was an instant fan from the time he saw the cover - he demanded to read it at breakfast and I could tell he was deliciously spooked by it. He laughed in the right places, he looked scared in the right places. Now I need to go back and share Creepy Carrots with him (although underwear are so inherently funny that this may be his favorite of the two).

May 2018 - still an absolute favorite, he was so excited when I pulled it off the library shelf (and immediately asked for Creep
J.C. Davis
Our family adores Creepy Carrots so we couldn't wait to get our hands on Creepy Pair of Underwear and the story did not disappoint. My kids were laughing so hard we could barely get through the book and they immediately wanted to read it again. And again. This is definitely a new favorite that we'll be re-reading often.
Earl
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This has become one of those books I love eavesdropping on people who read it at the store and listening to what makes them laugh. And, believe me, there are plenty! A go to book if you want guaranteed goofiness during story time.
Jillian Heise
Literal laughing out loud in the hotel room with my ALA roomie while each reading this. LOVE that we get another book from this Reynolds & Brown, and hope we see more from this pair. Fantastic sequel to Creepy Carrots! So much fun, so much humor, so much to look at, and so much to laugh at.
Lindsey
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It is such a fun read-aloud and I loved that it referenced Creepy Carrots.
Margie
When the world of reality collides with the realm of imagination within the pages of a book, it's easy to find yourself gasping, sighing, laughing or crying in the most public of places. You're so thoroughly a part of the story; you literally forget where you are. Everything and anything is possible. We all know what is perfectly normal can be transformed into something frightening, outlandish, unpredictable and unforgettable.

Five years ago Creepy Carrots! (Simon & Schuster Books for Young R
Heidi
There are some words that automatically elicit giggles from young children. Underwear happens to be one of those words. If you take a giggle-inducing word and combine it glow-in-the-dark green and a young rabbit who refuses to be 'little' anymore, you end up with this book. Having just read this to a bunch of first graders, I can safely say that this is a surefire hit. And the twist at the end sent us all into peals of laughter. I normally read a book before sharing with my students, but I didn' ...more
Arminzerella
Tina
Reading this out loud to a fellow staff member was fun! However, the story is definitely weird. The "ghoulish, greenish glow" looks so vivid and neon on the black/white/gray scale pages of this spooky story. As a big rabbit, Jasper is taking a leap...and learns how to deal with his creepy underwear.
Laura (Book Scrounger)
I generally don't care for "creepy" picture books enough to give them a chance, so it's hard for me to make comparisons in the genre. My kids both love this and I have to admit it's not terrible (it's grown on me, and fortunately there's no bathroom humor), so that's something, plus the illustrations are well done (monochromatic "noir" with the glowing green thrown in is pretty nice).
N
This is adorable. My 5 year old was too scared to read it on his own, but when I was reading it, he was interested and looked over my shoulder the whole time. He was worried it would actually be creepy, but it is not. It's about overcoming your fears. Super cute and I'm going to make sure we also have Creepy Carrots in our school library.
Edward Sullivan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
From the creators of Creepy Carrots, a tale of creepy underwear with a ghoulish, greenish glow. I guess underwear with yellowish or brownish stains would be worse.
Miss Ryoko
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Peter Brown's illustrations were the only illustrations that would truly have worked for this book :-p Not as good as Creepy Carrots, but pretty cute!
Michelle Gray
So many giggles!

Themes: bunnies, Halloween, underwear
Meredith Estes
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My kids absolutely love this book. They have practically memorized it and they laugh every time we read it. The illustrations are so fun, too.