Start by marking “If It Walks Like A Killer” as Want to Read:
If It Walks Like A Killer

If It Walks Like A Killer

The perfect family living the perfect lie...

What Caide and Rachael Abbott want you to believe:

They are happily married college sweethearts, parents to two beautiful children, and they lead a perfect, quiet little life.

What you should believe:

Nothing.

Nothing they tell you.

Nothing you hear.

In fact, nothing in the Abbotts' picture-perfect world is what it seems.

When th
Published August 16th 2016 by Kiersten Modglin (first published August 8th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about If It Walks Like A Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If It Walks Like A Killer

Start your review of If It Walks Like A Killer
TDCbookreviews
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiersten-modglin
The lives of Caide and Rachel Abbot look perfect, but as they say looks can be deceiving. From all accounts the two were college sweethearts, but beneath that facade is a marriage of convenience. Rachel is a wonderful mother to their two children, but her marriage is falling apart around her - no thanks to Caide's long working hours and his possible mistress. When Caide's co-worker is found bludgeoned to death at their work's ladies room, he finds himself a suspect, but tables are soon turned an ...more
Meleaha Howard
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caide and Rachael are married with two young children. To anyone looking, they appear happy. But when you look beneath the surface, things aren't as they appear. Caide is involved with his secretary, Blaire. When she is killed at their place of employment, suspicion automatically falls on Caide. It is only when video tapes come out that it comes out it wasn't Caide, but Rachael that killed Blaire. The only problem, Rachael swears she is innocent.
This book takes you on a roller coaster of twists
Patty
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whoa! Don't believe what you read. Nothing is as it seems. This book has so many twists and turns and revelations that leave you questioning just what the hell is going on. An awesome read. I could't put it down. How do you dispute damning evidence on a video tape. Do you accept the fact you are going to prison for killing your husband's mistress even though you believe you didn't do it?
Danielle Harris
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thriller you don't want to miss

This was a rollercoaster ride, that Didn't want to stop.

Caide feels tied down to his wife, he has been cheating on Rachael, with one of his coworkers. She is found dead.

read this book to find out who the killer is. This is a twisty journey you don't want to miss.

Lady Delacour
Cleanishhhhhh.
Foul Language.
Melly Franklin
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
On the outside, Caide and Rachael's home life seems perfect. A marriage, 2 children, a happy home. But nothing is what it seems. Caide is always away, working long hours, going on "business trips", and having affairs.

Things come to a point where the woman Caide is having an affair with, his law firm's secretary, is murdered. And Rachael is the prime suspect.

This book had me gripped from start to finish! It is brilliantly written, and I felt like I was an observer of events. I felt connected to t
Patti Hesington
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Start biting your nails...

Here is another book that I have read from Kiersten Modglin. The woman knows how to put suspense and thrills all in one package. I have always said, Never judge a book/ person/ thing by it's cover and the story line fits it to a T. You will enjoy this, and don't forget to grab the rest of her series.

Thank you Kiersten for another great read!!!!
Sara Estrada
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must say this author writes really good books. I read quite a few of her books and so far becoming Miss Adams, dream job, the lucky ones and missing pieces are on my top of my list. I still got a few more books to read.
Sheila Barton
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kierstin, you always throw in that little element of surprise. Brilliant❤️❤️
Bernie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If It Walks Like a Killer is a fantastic mystery written by author Kiersten Modglin. I highly recommend it.
Barbara Fields
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I keep forgetting to post my reviews! So today is "catch up" day!!

This was my second book by this author and honestly, I was once again blown away. Actually, more so than from the first book I read by her, “The neighbors”. At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to like “Becoming Mrs. Abbott”, however, the more I read the more intrigued I became.  I literally could not put this book down as in the previous book, I couldn’t stop reading it.  The abbots are not who they seem to be…and that is the pe
Karla K Thompson
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a page turner! It kept twisting and turning round and round. Each chapter brought something new and created new questions. I hated Caide. Then I met his mother and I understood why. She was a piece of work! The way this story ended came out of nowhere and explained it all. Great work, Kiersten! Loved it ❤
Mike Kim
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the story.
Chelsi Tauscher
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book was not anything I expected. The synopsis kind of has you form an opinion of what you think may happen, but at every single turn of the book, something happens that leaves you second guessing everything you know. The story is all woven together in crazy twists and turns that leave you guessing clear until the very end.

I am usually very good at guessing ending. Even more so in thriller/suspense books, but this one proved me wrong on more than one occasion. This was a first read fr
Gemma Cameron
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review**

If you like a suspense thriller you will love this book and if you are beginner on this genre I guarantee it will get you hooked!  I literally didn't want to put it down and had a few late nights because the pages kept turning.

If it Walks like a Killer follows the story of Rachael and Caide and the characters are written so well that as a reader I felt sorrow for Rachael along with pride regards her courage and anger, hatred and frust
Teri
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This may be the first book I don't rate as 5 stars for this author and trust me it isn't because of the story or plot. I absolutely fan-girl this author and her amazing ability to twist a story like a twizzler. There are so many layers to weed thru and it all is done with ease. Every time you think you have it figured out something else pops up. Rachael had no idea that marrying the one man she loved with all her heart would lead to question every step of her life. Caide worried only about he ap ...more
CoffeeMom H
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If It Walks Like A Killer (The Carolina Killer Files Book 1) was a mind blowing could not put down read for me. Kiersten Modglin had me on the edge of my seat with every emotion pouring out of me as I read this book. If It Walks Like A Killer was a delightful surprise in that there was not a readily identifiable suspect from the start. Much to my pleasure, that trend continued throughout the book and as the readers learned things along with the characters, things slowly fell into place or so we ...more
CoffeeMom H
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becoming Mrs. Abbott was a mind-blowing could not put down read for me. Kiersten Modglin had me on the edge of my seat with every emotion pouring out of me as I read this book. Becoming Mrs. Abbott was a delightful surprise in that there was not a readily identifiable suspect from the start. Much to my pleasure, that trend continued throughout the book and as the readers learned things along with the characters, things slowly fell into place or so we thought. This book has so many plot twists ju ...more
Laurie Beemer
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just discovered another amazing new author. This will be the first of many books that I will read by Kiersten Modglin. This was an amazing mix of suspense, twists, and emotions that grabbed me from the beginning. This story wasn't what I expected and I loved that about it. This makes you wonder just what is behind the closed doors of you neighbors? Are they who they appear to be? Loved this and cannot wait to read the series. Thank you for allowing me to read this and write honestly about it.
Janise ~ Janise's Jivin'Book Book Blog ~
Wow!! Kiersten Modglin sure knows what she is doing when she is writing. I truly could not read the book fast enough, it is so full of suspense. I wanted to know why and I just could not get to the end of the story fast enough. I love Kiersten but while I was reading I wanted to have her because she kept putting me at the edge of my seat and none of my questions were being answered. If It Walks Like A Killer is a must read, just know you are not going to know anything until the end.
Lisa Rangel
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had me from the beginning. So many twists and so many things run through your mind.. thinking hmmm she did it.. then turns out it wasn’t that person. If you love crime and thriller you would love this book. I don’t want to say much but you do have to read it. I was on the edge of my chair here at work and kept thinking I knew who the killer was, but at the end it shocked me!!!

*5 ✨ *
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
Wow! If you want a love story that is full of suspense and mystery, this one is for you. During the whole book I was trying to figure it out, and boy was I wrong. This author has a way to pull you in from the very first page, and keeps you reading. Caide and Rachael's story was intense, and intoxicating. I can't wait to see what the next book in the series is about.
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
Lisa Johnson
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
"Verity" by Colleen Hoover was the last book that really had me "shook" as they say nowadays. "Becoming Mrs. Abbott" gave me the same feeling and I am still trying to process the ending. I have to recommend this book, especially if you are wanting a book with twists and thrills and suspense. The ending! Like, literally the last paragraph will have your blood turn to ice.

Jessica
Jun 28, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Inconsistent plot line

I did finish the whole book but I had to keep.going back. The timeline was so.inconsistent. Also, as someone who works in the court system this author should really research the legal system if she wants to write about a trial...75% of what she wrote would never happen in a court of law
Pamela
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great first book!

This is really a good beginning of a new series. Full of suspense and intrigue. Kept me guessing. Several times I thought I had it figured out then bam! it turned out to be something else. I look forward to the next book in the series. Good job!
Chasity Scott Davidson
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this book kept my interest all the way through. Good story line, some twists and turns at the end that seemed fast. I would recommend anyone who likes a book to change a lot inside this is a good book. I would read it again just because I liked it.
Fawn Michaels
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! So much happens in this book! And it completely blew me away! Rachael goes through so much and comes out better and stronger in the end! This was superbly written! I can't wait to read more!

I voluntarily agreed to read this book and this is my honest review!
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a completely mind blowing read. The suspense was intense with huge plot twists. The characters were just so believable and I felt as if I was there in their world. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story had me on the edge of my seat! It was filled with so many surprising twists and the suspense was unbelievable. The characters were impressively written and I enjoyed reading the novel through the multiple point of views.

• The Assistant's Secret
  • Roses Are Red: A psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming
  • The Widow's Cabin
  • The Other Woman
  • His Wife's Sister
Kiersten Modglin is an Amazon Top 30 bestselling author of award-winning psychological thrillers and a member of International Thriller Writers. Kiersten lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband, daughter, and their two Boston Terriers: Cedric and Georgie. She is best known for her unpredictable suspense and her readers have dubbed her 'The Queen of Twists.' A Netflix addict, Shonda Rhimes s ...more

News & Interviews